Redpill me on this car

redpill me on this car

Bigger, cheaper VW Passat with umbrellas hidden in the doors.

it's pretty superb desu

Cheaper slightly more reliable Volkswagen Passat.

better looking and cheaper Passat

so i should buy it?
anyone ever drove it?

I've driven the car it's based on (the Passat). Pretty comfortable, not very interesting, fine daily driver. The Superb has more rear legroom thanks to its larger wheelbase.

Americans would consider this a luxury car

It's basically the long version of the passat. They are not cheaper or more reliable

Good car for little money. Drove the last superb 4years and 90.000km with no problems at all.

Skoda have really stepped their game up, i can't afford a 3 series so im picking up one of these tomorrow.

it's funny because it's true

aren't these FWD except for the Diesel?

Aren't they all FWD? Pretty sure they're all FWD.
They're just cheaper Golf liftbacks.

>The Superb started out as a stretched B5.5 Passat which was abit of an old piece of machinery by 2009 when it got retired. Was a great car for people who wanted old, reliable technology in newer times.
>Then the new Superb came by and became the limo we know, the limo that carved out the name of Superb. The fact that it was frequently compared to the E Class says alot about how much the 2nd gen Superb was above the 1st gen.
>Now tho, quality is leveling out in the entire VAG group and the Superb went from the top dick in Skoda to just being a bigger Octavia. Aside from the extra legroom in the back, there are little reasons to choose a Superb over an Octavia.
Personally, I'd go for the Octavia and same some serious money over a little interior space lost.
Engines !
>The 1.4TSI was an utter piece of shit but now it got somewhat fixed. The 149 bhp version is especially shit with the infamous chain tensioners issues. Would avoid it.
>The other engines are all old and well-proven, with the 2.0TDI being the cookie cutter engine, the 2.0TSI the most delicious and the 1.8TSI being the "too rich for the 1.4, too poor for the 2.0" sort of thing.

So yeah, the Superb's biggest problem is the smaller Octavia.
Your call.

It's a 4 door commercial vehicle

>lease it
>use it
>throw it away

better ask Veeky Forums or other normie boards

fwd with 4x4 as option on all engines except for the entry-level 1.4tsi which is a piece of junk anyway

RR ŠKODAS WHEN?

Yeah, but its still just Haldex. Even Audis gonna be Haldex now.

Back in the 80s.