/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Dead but dreaming: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YobZp)
youtube.com/watch?v=uMkznHPuGY4
bloodborne-wiki.com/p/sliders.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=xx8KTIeSnzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PURGE FILTH

2nd for orphan did nothing wrong

I choose this thread

Who is the Uxia of Bloodborne?

Anyone would like to see an anime starring Gehrman and the other old hunters in the times of lesser hunts as they establish hunting as a business and events that lead to the Healing church being established and so on?

I just want more shit about the old hunters, man. If the classical equivalent of the cleaver and cane was the Saif and Cutter, that must have been some wicked shit.

That would mean giving a definitive canonical narrative of the events - which goes against what soulsborne "storytelling" does.

Instead of a movie, I'd prefer to see an anime series/OVA of the first Hunters as kind of a prequel. Would be cool to see how hunting went on in the times when things were simpler but also we could see some politics behind the different workshops, how regular townsfolk experience the hunt and so on.

Pregunta amigos, If I follow this (imgur.com/a/YobZp) will I end up with enough materials to create the CRF Isz?

youtube.com/watch?v=uMkznHPuGY4
This works too, friend

Not if it was presented by a unreliable narrator who was telling the story of what MIGHT have happened.

Thanks.

>the story consists of Gehrman telling vague recollections of his experiences to the Hunter when they come into the workshop
I'd watch it.

>Dagon

Fucking hell, this movie, lemme tell ya. Loved this as a wee laddie in my first big Lovecraft buzz, eventually ended up owning the very same copy I rented so much when a surplus stock store of the rental chain opened (this was the first sign it was dying) and it was on sale.

Now of course I'm a huge Lovecraft snob and I think it bastardizes the source material and Stuart Gordon is a fucking hack, but goddman if that fishgirl isn't still hot as hell. Dem itty bitty fishy titties.

Also, it would be Yuria.

Is BB like Dark Souls in that after about 100 hours in, losing your save means nothing because you can get a character ready in a day or two?

Well as long as we're just theorycrafting. Didn't stop Bamco from shitting out that horrible DaS2 comic.

The Old Hunter shit fascinates me to hell and back. I love settings where you essentially start as a rookie who looks up to the near mythical old hands of legends and end up becoming one of them and even better yet if you can see a shift where the new rookies come in and do the same thing to you.

If you played Metal Gear Solid games, particularly the Big Boss games you understand what I mean.

I was kinda really getting that vibe from Bloodborne after going from getting my shit pushed in to beating Orphan of KoS. Like a true ascension earned by acquiring skill and mastering the Hunter's trade.

Yes, but good luck recreating your character's face perfectly if you don't happen to have the sliders saved anywhere. Imperfection autism like that would kill me.
Anyways, just keep a backup save on a USB.

I mean because of account changing, If I need to.

>make skill build
>try to recreate Gehrman's face

I've been trying for an hour and a half and its impossible

By far the hardest challenge the game has to offer

>about 100 hours in
I beat the base game in 30 my first time through and my subsequent characters are progressing twice as fast.

As per your question, if you're autistic about optimizing gems, Bloodborne will be absolute hell because the gem grinding has a random element to it so unlike say, DS3 where you will have a guaranteed path to a build with certain options and AR at level x, in Bloodborne the gem farming can be infuriating luck based.

>bloodborne-wiki.com/p/sliders.html?m=1
they have a pretty good gherman desu

if you know exactly what you are doing you could starting fresh and have fully levelled and gear character in a day, that includes running through all chalice. But getting the good gems for a couple of weapons might range from taking a few hours to a few days of farming.

>large messenger

OH DEAR LORD

Any reason to keep Djura alive after getting his gesture?

best stats for a bow build? Skill or bloodtinge? I'm thinking 25 skill then 40 or 50 bloodtinge depending of the lvl

The blonde girl had it worst. I mean Jesus Christ that was depressing. She's such a qt too.

Why do they think any of those is acceptable?

>bloodborne-wiki.com/p/sliders.html?m=1
why is the doll an ayy?

im a pretty princess. hope you're all well today bbg. just here to post afew regular old memes

definitely 50 BLT if you want your arrows to do any damage. Use a chikage as a secondary weapon since that's also SKL/BLT. Note that your untricked damage will always be kinda shitty compared to tricked because its damage is 100% based off your 25 SKL

because she is

Hotdog defiled? Pass will be hot

id love to friendo but unfortunatly im in bed

Did he # die?

Ringing, m8. Are you at the lamp or the fog?

>running new pure 99 arc character
>doing pthumeru
>hit hotdog
>have to make do with shitty physical gems
>he's about to die
>he's doing his aoe explosion
>charged r2 hyperarmour through it, killing him instantly
>rally back the damage
>framedrop standing in mid fire explosion makes the game go all slo-mo as I untrick my saw spear with my back to the camera

Fucking kino

:(

Shit I can't get back to dark souls after bloodborne movesets.

That fucking faggot at Byrgenwerth always manages to give me the brainsucc somehow.

Fucking hell, my bad.

>You will never be in bed with the good Machine
Why live?

Is there anything I can read/watch to understand all that happened in BB, assuming I'm a turbo retard that played the whole game and didn't understand shit?

No worries, the post recovery attack hits surprisingly hard. Ringing again.

Never mind, this fucking legend got him while I was dying.

What does it mean when you are cooping in a dungeon and the host starts fighting some invisible enemy? They are locked on to seemingly nothing, dodging and fighting, and I can even see them being hurt and knocked around. Then they kill whatever it is and we go on our way. I've seen it happen at least 3, maybe 4 times. So far I've never remembered to screenshot the person's name so I could message them later and ask them what they saw, but next time I will. Has anyone else seen that kind of thing though?

You did get him right? He's dead so that is the only explanation.

You could watch Epicnamebro / Vaatividya lore videos. Epicnamebro didn't play Old Hunters but he has irl experience about copulating with hostile aliens, living in a nightmare of a marriage and mangled aborted fetuses so I guess that makes up for it.

Yes, I'm still sour about the beast mode shit.

So sorry, I saw your message after I died.

Yeah, my bad, m8. I didn't know if it had counted or not, so I had assumed it hadn't.

No worries dude, I didn't either, I posted that before checking the fog gate.

Nope, because the real twist is most of the game is left up to interpretation. There are concrete events and characters, but the time scale, size of events, lives of those characters and more are all pretty much left in the dark. It's meant to be that way, to encourage discussion and coming up with your own outcomes for things, as Miyazaki did with English TV and books as a kid when he couldn't understand half the words. It's part of the fun of the game, thinking about what all the weird shit means.

Or you could be a massive niggerfaggot and look up 'lore community' videos on YouTube and subscribe to a single autist's interpretation events, but honestly, I'd much quicker recommend /bbg/, since we know this game inside and out and love it.

It means someone's Internet connection is absolutely shitting itself sideways

I might hit ENB videos but I'm not interested in fan fiction so I'll stay away from Vaati

Do /bbg/ has an organized doc or something? I'm not actually looking for complete answers, just clarifications on some stuff I didn't get.

micolash is such a cutie patootie :3

>Do /bbg/ has an organized doc or something? I'm not actually looking for complete answers, just clarifications on some stuff I didn't get.

I'm afraid not, but I'd be glad to talk with you about stuff for a while, I'm sure some other anons will chime in, too.

and yes im aware that aint micolash, but my point still stands :3
anyway, time for me to diseappear, i love you all very much and remember, no matter how bad life gets, you will always have bloodborne memes and a pretty princess who loves you

Just ask questions and there'll be people who will reply.

Just ask some questions, lorefags will come out of the woodwork to answer them and discuss them.

ITT we pretend it's 2014

youtube.com/watch?v=xx8KTIeSnzs

WTF is this shit? Guns? Fucking Fromsoft is catering to casuls even more

>go to play bb after afew days off the ps4
>controller starts flashing white then goes orange
>controller starts flashing white again and nothing happens
i-its ok, i didnt feel like having fun anyway

>glowing sword with the Stake Driver sound effect
I wonder if that was supposed to be an early lamp?

what does the colors on the controler means while playing BB ?

I remember the shitstorms on /v/ about Project Beast.

>1:04 to 1:05
The fuck was that?

Holy fuck, I knew that they recycled a bit of Bloodborne shit for DS3 but I never knew it was this bad. I never noticed it until now.

Why fear the old blood?
What's Djura relation to the darkbeast? What is the darkbeast? Is it something special?
Do the night progression and boss you have to kill for it to happen have any relation or it's just game progress milestones?
Why some humans turn to beasts earlier than others? Where are the beasts when there is no hunt?
The power to go back to the dream and resurrect is exclusive to us or every hunter can do it?
Are ayy and beasts opposite?
Aliens or are they just parasite creatures that happen to resemble aliens? They come from the ocean or I misunderstood something?

Also, at 1:06, was he using the Cleaver to block? Like in Souls?
What I would give to know everything about the game's early, cut content.

>are ayy and beasts opposite
This is one the more interesting questions to ask I think
'ayy' or kin and beasts represent the two ways humanity can either ascend or descend to. Ascend through gaining 'eyes' which is eldritch knowledge/insight to the level of great ones. Or descend, through the degenerate use of blood, reveling in beasthood and violence, and turn into mindless beasts.

>ayy are "kin"

This explains why I was doing shit damage to the celestial brain suckers.

>Why fear the old blood?
The Beast Scourge came from the use of the blood found in the labyrinths. Willem didn't know this exactly, but he did know that it was dangerous to muck around with ancient blood discovered in catacombs filled with beasts.

>What's Djura relation to the darkbeast? What is the darkbeast? Is it something special?
Djura's not guarding the Darkbeast, he's just guarding Old Yharnam in general.

>Do the night progression and boss you have to kill for it to happen have any relation or it's just game progress milestones?
Just progress milestones.

>Why some humans turn to beasts earlier than others? Where are the beasts when there is no hunt?
The beasts are always around and the hunters are always dealing with them, but the larger hunts come about when their numbers grow too high.

>The power to go back to the dream and resurrect is exclusive to us or every hunter can do it?
Exclusive to those who have contracted with the Moon Presence. Eileen and Djura used to be contracted, but they both broke off for unknown reasons.

>Are ayy and beasts opposite?
Yes, one becomes like an ayy through gaining insight(knowledge), while beasthood is the opposite of that understanding.

>Aliens or are they just parasite creatures that happen to resemble aliens? They come from the ocean or I misunderstood something?
They're sort of aliens.They come from the Nightmare, akin to Lovecraft's dream world. The ocean is just how the Nightmare is described, and seems to be accurate. Use the monocular to look out at the fog around the Hunter's Dream, you can actually see rolling waves.

Old Blood is what makes people turn into beasts.

The Darkbeast is a very ancient beast. It has electricity for some reason. Some people say beasts develop electricity the more they transform.

The power to go to he Dream is exclusive to us right now. Other Hunters like Djura and Eileen used to be able to go to the dream, but once they served their purpose, Gherman kicked them out.

Beasts are people who have been given Old Blood. There are two types of ayy: actual cosmic entities called "Great Ones" and ascended humans called "Kin". Great Ones are kind of like gods and have magic bullshit powers. You could say they come from space. The Kin are humans who became ayy through experiments or Great Ones who have transformed them to be that way.

i think killing Rom does reveal the Red moon though. The note in Oedon chapel mentioned him hiding rituals. But killing Amelia and bringing in the usual white moon is just progress milestones, I agree.

The Blood Moon happens because you killed Rom, who was preventing the Mensis ritual from happening, and hiding all the nasty shit you couldn't see, like the Amygdala.

Sorry, I thought it was only referring to Amelia for some reason.

Willem placed Rom where she was in order to hide the Red Moon to protect Yharnam from the Old Ones. You can see that once it's out the Beast Scourge goes into overdrive and at least two women are immediately impregnated by an Old One.

Bruh, just bruh, Demon's Souls 2? Bruh!
I always wonder why PCucks were even hyped, if it were Demon's 2 it would had never reached PC anyways.
But, even better, let's pretend it's after it was revealed to be exclusive.
Haha, enjoy your silky smooth 15 FPS.
Sickdark!
It looked like shit anyways.

>Why fear the old blood?
we dont fully know the beings where it comes from, so we dont know the fully extent of their effects, so treat it with respect and caution

also its a lovecraft mottif to fear what you cant underestand
>What's Djura relation to the darkbeast? What is the darkbeast? Is it something special?

he cant see you enter from the ward and asumes you dont hate beast and choses to ask you if you do

>Do the night progression and boss you have to kill for it to happen have any relation or it's just game progress milestones?

there is 1 object to inspect and theoricaly (you can chose to return home inmediately after beating it to not trigger it) 1 boss to advance the night

>Why some humans turn to beasts earlier than others? Where are the beasts when there is no hunt?
they take more blood, also there are sources of higher quiality blood ( maidens and ayys)

>The power to go back to the dream and resurrect is exclusive to us or every hunter can do it?

hunters chosen by the dream, the gavestones in the dream are theirs

beast are humans aflicted by the blood treatmen of the ayys

>Aliens or are they just parasite creatures that happen to resemble aliens? They come from the ocean or I misunderstood something?
they are literal aliens, beaings from beyour our time and our space, they have some oceanic/aquatic backgrounds but its ambiguous

im actualy enjoying DS2 way more because of them, im afraid i wont be able to enjoy BB again, being a turbo fast knife weilding fag is tiring for me

so whats your favorite lovecraft story ?

mine is the color out of space

Did Luci quit?

book of mormon

What is the great ones objective? Why are they asking for babies?
What the fuck was Rom?
What's with everything and eyes in this game? The blinding and eyes motif seems to appear everywhere in this game. What the importance of human yes? Are hunters blind?
What's the relation of the great ones and the hunt? Or they aren't related at all?
The blood that transform people into beasts it's the same we consume to heal, right? Then why don't we turn into beasts?
What is paleblood? Blood from ayys?
Are the nightmares real places or just part of someone's mind?
What was that thing I dropped at the last nightmare, after pulling a lever that was across a bridge with 3 of the worst enemies I ever faced in this entire franchise?
Workshops are places or the name of a specific hunter covenant?
What are the vermin? Are they real? Are they related to the beast infection?
Quicksilver bullets are used to hurt beasts, so I'm assuming regular bullets don't do damage (doesn't make a lot of sense but ok). But what about kin? If quicksilver also hurts them, then are they beast too in a sense?
Why hunters use trick weapons instead of regular weapons? Why aren't the military fighting the beasts?
Why hunters don't wear armor?

Mountains of Madness is pretty great

He who shall not be named was shitting up the Nioh general a few days back, but he hasn't been there since then. Haven't seem him around here for a while.

The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

The Picture in the House

But, some other favourites so far (still haven't read them all):
From Beyond
The Temple
Dagon
The Statement of Randolph Carter
The Music of Erich Zann
The Nameless City
Celephais
Beyond the Wall of Sleep
Sweet Ermengarde

2. Great One
6. Anything that anyone says here isn't right since there is no proof for any of their claims.
8. Great One summoned by the School of Mensis.
10. Silver is effective against beast.
11/12. Gherman.

>reading Lovecraft
>not The King in Yellow

>Yes, one becomes like an ayy through gaining insight(knowledge), while beasthood is the opposite of that understanding.

I like this. It's also got in-game implications. The higher your insight, the lower your Beasthood stats.

But this brings the question of the Mensis Ritual itself. Why does Micolash and co want to summon the Red Moon (which turns people into beasts) if they wanted to cleanse themselves of "beastly idiocy"?

Shadow over Innsmouth
My favourite area is also Fishing Hamlet, shockingly.

Colour out of Space for sure, followed by Picture in the House and From Beyond. Call of Cthulhu is also just a damn good read.

Yo have good taste, user.

>What is the great ones objective? Why are they asking for babies?

they allways lose one because of lore

>What's with everything and eyes in this game? The blinding and eyes motif seems to appear everywhere in this game. What the importance of human yes? Are hunters blind?
eyes = knowledge
some hunters hats having blinds means ( for me) that they have seen enought, just like you, they too start seeng amigdalas and other crazy shit after some time hunting

>The blood that transform people into beasts it's the same we consume to heal, right? Then why don't we turn into beasts?

we have the protection from the messengers, as seen in the intro
>Why hunters don't wear armor?
read ghermans armor shit
>Why hunters use trick weapons instead of regular weapons? Why aren't the military fighting the beasts?
read ghermans shit
>What are the vermin? Are they real? Are they related to the beast infection?
yeah, and probably
>What was that thing I dropped at the last nightmare, after pulling a lever that was across a bridge with 3 of the worst enemies I ever faced in this entire franchise?

SO THERE ARE THIS CRAZY GUYS CALLED THE CHOOL OF MENSIS RIGHT ?? SO THEY ADQUIERE A UMBILICHAL CHORD THAT CAN SUMMON AYYS AND THEY USE TO SUMMON AN INVISIBLE AYY BABY, THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN THEN ASK HIM FOR EYES ON THE INSIDE, THEN HE GIVES THEM A GIANT BRAIN WITH LITERAL EYES ON THE INSIDE BECAUSE HE TAKES THE WISH TO THE WORD

Quicksilver bullets deal damage because they are infused with our blood.
Item description: 'Ordinary bullets have no effect on beasts, and so Quicksilver Bullets, fused with the wielder's own blood, must be employed.'

>What is the great ones objective? Why are they asking for babies?
Great Ones are always doomed to lose their child, thus they attempt to gain surrogate children.

The Moon Presence is different, as its implied that it was the originator of the Beast Scourge. It seems to be interdimensional birth control, as Queen Yharnam's illegal union with a Great One caused the MP to bring down the Scourge upon the Pthumerians. That's fairly heavy speculation though.

>What the fuck was Rom?
A former student at Byrgenwerth, who was transformed into her current form through Insight. She was placed in the lake to guard Yharnam from the Great Ones.

>What's with everything and eyes in this game? The blinding and eyes motif seems to appear everywhere in this game. What the importance of human yes? Are hunters blind?
Insight gives you literal eyes on your brain. It has to do with themes of openings one's eyes to the truth of the universe.

>What's the relation of the great ones and the hunt? Or they aren't related at all?
As said above, a Great One might have started the Beast Scourge, but the general populace and the average hunter had no knowledge of the Great Ones.

>The blood that transform people into beasts it's the same we consume to heal, right? Then why don't we turn into beasts?
It's implied that the contract you made with the Moon Presence protects you from turning. See the opening cutscene, as the beast that touches you bursts into flame.

>What is paleblood? Blood from ayys?
Yes, it allows one to become an ayy themselves.

>Are the nightmares real places or just part of someone's mind?
Real places, but some, like Mensis, are shaped by their host.

>What was that thing I dropped at the last nightmare, after pulling a lever that was across a bridge with 3 of the worst enemies I ever faced in this entire franchise?
A Great One. It was discovered in the Nightmare by the School of Mensis, who sought to understand it.

Repairer of Reputations is the best story in the whole collection, wasn't a fan of the rest.

Wanna know something spooky? The yellow-masked high priest in Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath was created a year before Lovecraft ever even knew about Chambers.

Also,
>reading Chambers
>not read Ambrose Bierce

The first story is great, i have to find the time to read them all

>haha, he said my golden crown was a copper ring, silly him

Mensis was trying to make contact with a Great One. Even if they did know the specific entity, I don't see how they could know of its seeming connection with the Beast Scourge.

the hounds of tindalos is some real shit man

Is this a bad idea?
>End 30
>Curse gems
>3.2% stamina cost x3

end over 20 is bad idea man, but stacking 3 end up curses can be bearable if you know exactly how many weapon swings you are losing at neutral

>Queen Yharnam's illegal union with a Great One
>A former student at Byrgenwerth
>She was placed in the lake to guard Yharnam
>contract you made with the Moon Presence
>Yes
Source?