I'm sorry for starting this thread Veeky Forums, but I just really need some outside advice

I'm sorry for starting this thread Veeky Forums, but I just really need some outside advice.

I'm torn between two hatchbacks, both are available right now and I need to know which direction to go

>2005 Honda Civic Si
>$3900
>Top pic
I could easily pay cash for this no problem. It has 174k miles which is more than I would like, 2.0L I4 engine, FWD, manual transmission. The Honda Civic Si is generally more sought after as a hatchback than the Golf and it was definitely harder to find this Si than it was to find the Golf.

>2007 Volkswagen Golf GTI
>$5800
>Bottom pic
This one would be harder to pay cash for but I could make it happen. 140k miles which is also higher than I would like. Also has a 2.0L I4 engine, 6 speed manual, FWD. Mk5 is generally considered one of the best GTI's but when compared to Si's they are usually considered to come up short.

Both are nice and I would love either one but one is cheaper and the other one is newer. Thoughts on the Si vs the Golf GTI?

Yoir Golf is going to cost loads more to repair.

Get the si because fuck Volkswagen

You seem to be confused, you're asking for car advice on Veeky Forums.

This board is for endless Camaro vs GTR threads and Miata jerkfests.

Oh shit didn't think of that. Thanks.

Good point

True but if there's one thing Veeky Forums knows about, it's cheap used shitboxes. especially 3k civics

Don't forget the endless yuropoor shitposting and making fun of BRZ owners oh and pushrods!

God tell me that those don't come that way from the factory, eye soring sight this is for sure.

Get the civic for that sweet dash mounted gear lever.

>4000 for a 2005 Civic with 174k

That's way too much.

That is pretty sweet
Yeah I thought it sounded like a bit much.

This isn't even a question. If you're a cheap fuck and care about 20% higher maintenance costs when the maintenance for both is under $200 a year, then get the boring piece of shit rice burner. If you're a man buy the GTI.

The GTI is my favorite of the two but I would love either one and the Civic is so much more affordable. But the GTI isn't totally unattainable, I can still make it happen.

>honda
More mods and reliablity.

Get the GTI. 10x more fun. The maintenance really isn't that bad. You're not some faggot that can't do your own spark plugs or change your own oil, are you?

Not really. That's like, half the possible mileage right there. 3k civic and all that.

Nah I've owned shittier vehicles for longer, I can do basic maintenance. And the GTI does look fun.

Best shifter placement for roadhead.

Not an issue then. The civic is more reliable but neither of them are unreliable. Plus, who knows. Civic could be a rare case of blows up as soon as you get it, and the VW could either do the same thing or it could last a billion miles, or anything in between. Get it.

Reliability is more of a crapshoot than most people think.

>be a man
>has a built in engine noise simulator.

>if you're a man buy a Volkswagen
lol

Why not a Honda Beat?

if you pick civic, consider suicide

That looks fucking retarded.

as has the BMW Z4

I thought this thread was about horrible wheels from the thumbnail.

>it really makes you think.

Take the one with the least rice on it.

Sorry you can't handle the EP3.

GTI for life.

Bomber Harris needs to come back