/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo is out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0
TV Commercial: youtube.com/watch?v=uz33yhYo-pU

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: Switch Axe, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fFUHBPbeSrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for magnets!

youtu.be/fFUHBPbeSrE

nibelsnarf is trash, all 3rd gen monsters are trash

It's going to be a Temnoceran

>Tags: Switch Axe

Guess that's what I get for not reading what I'm copy/pasting.

But how do they work?

It's been there for half a week.

Brother, its okay.
At least you've reaffirmed our lofty position among the general.

Why do they even bother in asia? Nobody buys nintendo there

weebs translate

There's a surprising dearth of mixed set fanart out there.

Daora equipment is Veeky Forums as fuck.

Perhaps people probably like drawing their own hunters?

Blame the dearth of good looking mixed sets.

C I A
I
A

W H E N
H
E
N

I can try but I'm still learning so there might be a bit of a hiccup. Here's what I have so far

Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil. But a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.

OUTTA MY GENERAL, GRANDPA

GUYS, GUYS

I WANT TO FUCK GUILDMARM

Oh, they're out there.

How does the brave dodge work? Sometimes I can instantly dodge an attack and other times I still get hit even when I clearly saw the blue glow

This one has always bothered me.

It only works on frontal hits

You have to be facing the monster.

Most mixed sets look like shit. If you're going to draw/commission art, you'd want it to look good right?

>mixed set
GEE, I WONDER WHY

u cheeky fuck

Aku's new VA is kind of garbage, I was disappointed

original va ded

No shit.

Still pretty shitter at the game so bear with me if this question is retarded.

I should choose Weakness Exploit over Quick Sheathe for GS right?

Quick /mhg/!

Freedom Unite or 4U

How much till CIA leak?

FU

You run crit draw on gs, no need for WE
Unless you're memeing with narga GS

Five hours.

Quick Sheath over WE only if you already have Crit Draw.

>You run crit draw on gs, no need for WE
shut up dumbass.

Outside of P3rd and Gen, WE is situational but at its best can help contribute a good chunk of raw damage. In the aforementioned games, they're a flat +50% affinity on any valid hitzones; unless you run a high affinity GS or Dreadking armor, CritDraw is a better option.

Quick Sheathe is a quality of life thing, though in 4U there are strategies that utilize it well against Rajang.

5 more hours? Someone said that before 5 hours... What is taking so long?

I should mention that I'm using the Black S set and WE/QS come entirely from Charms and Decorations.

>I don't know what WE does, the post
I bet you're loving that 150% crit aren't ya.

whole post was assuming he's palying Gen, of course

Crit draw set is fucking garbage against Glavenus or anything that requires HGE.
Not all of your attacks are going to be unsheathe attacks.

Not all of your attacks will be weakspots either.
The question is do you want 100% crit on 80% of your attacks or 50 on 90%

Also
>Because in certain situations WE is better he should always go WE

>Inb4 I never said that
You heavily implied it.

Can Lance KO a monster?

I remember seeing this happen somewhere

I didn't imply shit.

>I-I didn't imply shit
Lad, you called someone a dumbass for saying crit draw was often better than WE, that implies you think WE is better. Your argument in the next post was it is better in certain situations, but you never mentioned such a thing in your original post so whether you meant to or not, you implied shit.

Maybe cinch that revolver there, cowboy.

Black S already has CritDraw. Go for Quick Sheathe or Punishing Draw.

Shield bashes after the guard advance. Seems Brave Lance could take a KO from someone with that versatile bash you can combo into at any time.

I called someone a dumbass for saying crIt draw was always better than WE, which it isn't.

but it is
do you even play gs lmao

I used to be head of the switchaxe hate committee and even I use it now. It's nice to play something totally braindead AND overpowered when you just need parts and don't want to play online, it's the same reason I played a bit of GS in 4U.

You two gonna kiss or what?

And because you never said that in the original post you implied you thought it was always better. I'm not questioning your opinion but how you articulate it. Maybe if you didn't get so angry you'd be able to actually argue a point.

Oh thanks

Do you? If a monster gives you openings for strong charges, you take them. In Gen that's a difference of 100 MV vs 120 MV. And WE boosts strong charges, crit draw doesn't.
It comes down to the monster. That's all.

I wish we could get 110 charges back. Strong charges are gay and gimmicky. I just wanna do draw charges only all day.

Leak where?

nowhere. japs are gonna sleep soon, so it's now or later

>WAHH! WHY CANT I PRESS BUTTAN TO WIN!! WHY I HAVE TO THOUGHT!!???????

i don't i just wanted to start shit

Adding options actually removes depth.

I laughed.

I chuckled

*Wind pressures you to the next area*

Using skill to overcome challenges with limited options is far deeper than having a designated tool for every situation.

Okay grandpa, why not go back to replaying that old game instead of coming here to shitpost? Its not like we youngins will give a speck of fuck anyway.

greatsword babs everyone

But being able to know which tool to use and when for optimal times has more depth than spamming one attack.

HBG main actually.

SOON
O
O
N

grandpas=hbg, gs and hammer mains

That's a cute boy.

I..am all of those

weew

Will a wolf's mawed brave spinning slash hit 4 times per strike?

Has MHO's connection issues been worked on? I want to try it again but last time it was bad.

How the fuck do i git gud at anything other than sns? Wanted to try something else but i suck at everything else

I know how you feel, came back to the game after a month or so and can't play anything but DBs due to their mobility.

the connection issues only exist for gweilos user, they aren't gonna fix them

just play tw frontier instead, no connection issues at all there.

Isn't tw frontier really far behind jp though?

>tfw I main DBs and SnS
Can only tell you two to try to get into using the other.
Or just walk the path of the SA with me next.

it's only two updates behind and will catch up eventually since they are translating stuff faster than jp can release it
TW also gets the final version of each update, so JP is essentially a beta test for TW ;)

why is there no big spider monster in mh?

>what is Nerscylla

>Nerscylla
is she in gen? Im a gen babby ^_^

>durr hurf I didn't play 4U

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just say Nerscylla returns in XX.

I guess that db is the only way for me left, after playing sns so much i cant get used to anything slow

SnS is actually a beginner trap. Not having to commit to any of your attacks maims your ability to learn other weapons.

Try IG maybe? It's fast and has better reach.

Just learn not to overcommit, it's not hard.

Interestingly SnS is the fastest weapon in the game, not DBs. While DBs hit a lot and have a quickstep their input trap them in long animations while SnS never really has to commit like said. It is also the most versatile, being able to do near everything just not as well as other weapons.

SnS is the most versatile*
Just to clear things up.

seems that ive fallen into this trap, i tried gs, ls, hh and lance, on the first 3 i either get hit while attacking and if i try to be more defensive its just ends up in me never attacking, as for the lance i just cant get used to the dodges
i was thinking about it but im playing 4u where its supposedly OP and i dont want the easy way either
yeah, but i dont think that anything other than db is anywhere close in speed to sns