/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

Fi Amiibo soon Edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVseQ3RDa6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the point of this meme maze when you can just climb over it?

I want to stick my nose between Link's smelly toes!

What's the point of the game if you can just go straight to Ganon?

Why are the rito fucking assholes?

A proud race of flying warriors

And then you get not-falco, the proudest fucking bird who can't deal with the fact that Hylia likes cute blonde boys and not birds

Chests hidden in the maze. Takes a lot of stamina to get to the top. Theres a tiny risk in climbing that high on the guardian labyrinth.

I did the same thing though. Just found the chests by luck.

>Great Flamesword spawns in central Hyrule in ancient tree stump
>behind the volcano in the whale's bones
>in the guardian maze in north Akkala

WHERE DO THE OTHER SWORDS SPAWN?

>and sometimes during the day
What? Like, walking along in the middle of the day, and suddenly "THE BLOOD MOON IS RISING AGAIN"?

The game designers realized you could "cheat" a lot of the game, and were happy to keep it in game

Oh, anything good in the chests? I teleported out after doing the shrine.

yeah literally, full sun in the sky and everything. ill try to get a screencap next time it happens, but its frustrating af, and should be easy as fuck to patch out, dunno why they havent.

meh. So-so. Under the guardian one, there's a good diamond headpiece with a cool Indiana Jones style sequence.

Aside from that, the rest just scale with your states - like all the chests.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Apparently that's a bug caused by leaving your Switch on too long (that includes using Sleep Mode instead of powering it off).

Turning it off for a few hours fixes it I hear.

I'm trying to farm for star fragments but this snow makes it hard to look out for the star

send help pls

How many years have you been doing this?

I found a good spot ontop of the mountain where you find the spirit animal.
Can see most of hyrule.

They generally seem to land around the centre area anyway.

Can anyone else confirm?

What is the best place to farm Farrosh? I need a bunch of scales/horn fragments.

Lake Hylia

I'm sorry about how annoying that must be, but that sounds hilarious.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

satori mountain? I'll try it

Lake Floria is way easier

stable in faron, next to lake floria. rest at the cooking pot until morning, go onto bridge, ???, profit

do we know how high the weapon bonus can go?
i just got a one handed sword from a silver lynel with +42 to it bringing it to 100 attack

Highest ive seen thus far

Sidon is for _____!

Warp Lakeside tower, Glide to the top of the start of the bridge.

Make camp and sleep to morning, shoot him when he gets close, grab Horn/Scale/Fang, repeat.

Lanas Ryu has the best spot near the Lanaryu East Gate/Promenade since the dragon fliest trough the valley at like 22 each night.

Similarly Dindragon flies through Tanagar Canyon every night, so you can basically warp to Hebra and catch it.

Where's the best place to find Hyrule Bass?

Also, I just had a thought. Can you imagine the thoughts going through the dragons' heads?

"Alright, night time, time to fly around doing my shit. Oh look, a traveler. Hi traveler, I'm just passing through don't be scared. Hey, nice bow you have there, doing some monster slayi---hey why are you aiming it at me? Why are you shooting at me, that's not cool man. What the dick, you just knocked off one of my scales. Fuck this I'm leaving."

mourning Mipha

What's a good drinking game to play while playing BotW?

>walk on the rails all the way to the hidden crab shrine
>realize mine carts are a thing an hour later
You ever solve a puzzle the wrong long way and realize you could have done it easier right after?

>the thoughts going through the dragons' heads?
>"I'M SO SORRY I CAN'T STOP SHOOTING THIS LIGHTNING PLEASE RUN OH GOD PLEASE DON'T SHOOT FUCK MY HORN GOD DAMN IT."
>The next night
>"IT'S THAT SAME FUCKER GET BACK. GET THE FUCK BACK."

>the little cheer Link does when you make a good dish/elixir
Is there any other adorable things botw Link does?

Making the king proud

Does anyone know where the sugar and wheat are to make the cake for a parents love side quest?

also does anyone know where the zora side quest is, to get the small zora girl and guy to fall in love?

Platonic Friendship

Drink every time a weapon breaks

looks like a strange number to stop at

also seems extremely rare since its the 1st ive seen after a ton of lynels

Rito village
Bank of Wishes

The zora girl can be found on the road to the zora domain. You need to babysit her love letter as it drifts down the river, it's a really obnoxious quest. After a dozen tries I just gave up and said not worth.

Thank you!

I think Tarrey Town and building my house were the two funnest sidequests.

I'm gonna miss it.

Nah man, I definitely broke it. I didn't get the Thunderhelm, there was just a long pause and I gained control without getting a prize. It skipped his third phase and his defeated cut scene. I lost a few hours because I wanted to see if I truly broke it.

Byeeeeee!

Links butt is for ______

covering up in cool pants

your parents are disappointed in you, user

Where do I put the snowball for the Kopeeki Drifts shrine?

by the door, and hit it with statis

pooping

>Fi told Zelda how to save Link's life after he went down

Pretty cool that she's still in the sword. I always liked her.

Zelda

Someone posted the map, that I think was from the guidebook, yesterday but I forgot to save it, does anyone have it?

Isn't it implied only Zelda can hear her and Link can't. She's so weak only the blood of her maker can still hear her

Well the damage++ buff works on a range. Chances are the highest is just +50 or something. I have a Savage Lynel Sword with 95 attack and have had a crusher with 105.

It's rewarding your resourcefulness in both being able to climb that high and in dealing with the patrols up there.

Sex

that's pretty gay user

Depends on the weapon. The guide has it listed.
Highest is what you got. 58+42.
Highest two-hand is actually the Royal Guard's Claymore with 72+44, Lynel has only 78+30. But the Lynel one has more than double the durability.

I've got 209 korok seeds, anyone got higher?

You're pretty gay.

sitting on my face

223 but i'm cheating and using a guide

161 currently. 92 shrines.

>Equiping fire and ice weapons changes your temperature

I want to upgrade the stealth outfit to level 4.
But god dammit those fucking Stealthfin fish. (Another error in the guide, by the way, it's showing the wrong upgrade materials.)
Is there a good spot somewhere?

82 seeds, 98 shrines.
you'd think i'd come across more but i dunno

Vital information in Gerudo. Only way I didn't lose my mind was surfing on the radiant shield and swapping between a fire longsword and blizzard rod.

i've only seen them spawn in saria's lake in the lost woods. only a few at a time though, so it takes ages to wait for them to respawn.

as a sidenote, i wish there were extra set bonuses for 4 star or 3 star outfits

>use fire elixir to go to goron town
>see guy with armour and a quest
>asks for 10 lizards
>aight, let me drink this speed potion to catch them up faster
>lose fire protection

Fuck, they do not stack, no one told me this

Suffer like G did. Just buy some armor.

So how long does this zora letter go on for? I'm out of zoras domain now

That's where I traveled and got like 4 of them.
I was hoping there's something better somewhere.

In the river surrounding the woods you can get tons, but it's annoying cause the lost woods fog will affect some spots in the river too.

Fuck, I need hearty bass. Anyone know where that is?

>tfw I'm to intelligent for Reggie and bought a sub 20 dollar NFC powertag that I can use to spoof any amiibo I want including future ones in seconds
>works flawlessly

Damn, I just noticed that hitting normal Chuchu Jelly with an elemental weapon changes its color.
This game has so many little fun things.

>Weapon durability isn't realistic
>It's not fun
>I had nothing but bokoblin weapons
youtube.com/watch?v=AVseQ3RDa6s

this is polygon-doom tier

It's fun.

desu that's his opinion and if you don't have to justify why you like it based on this

If you like weapon durability good for you. Jim doesn't like it and life moves on.

It's not even that, it's that he clearly didn't explore the game. I'm tripping over high level weapons nonstop.
Early on i had low to mid weapons i was tripping over and i was picky about routes i would take to kill enemies

The House is perfect but it needs a few things to be astounding:
>stable horses there
>fast travel points
>Mannequins for outfits
>Frames for pictures
>a garden you can plant one of any crop you like but you have to buy fertiliser and have a certain number of the item in your inventory

>implying he's wrong
I love this game man but the durability IS bullshit

the durability mechanic is basically unimpactful outside the first hour of the game

stop being so shit at video games

>game based heavily on Zelda 1
>no Stalfos, Gibdo, or Darknuts
I know that lizalfos with SnS are basically stalfos, same with SnS Moblins for Darknuts, but goddamn! If those three enemies were in the game, I would give the whole thing 10/10 despite the short dungeons and framerate issues. They were even in that 2D alpha thing! Maybe the DLC will add them...

DLC perhaps?

I'm missing only two weapons slots and I'm constantly throwing away weapons since I've no room for them.
Same as you, we're talking about high-level ones here.

git gud

Its cool that katanas have their own quick draw style charge attack, but they look silly because he doesn't wear the sheath on his side, so he's just pretending.

It would be fine if things were around three times as durable, the point is to get you to use a bunch of different things instead of sticking with nothing but a gradually upgrading sword forever or something. But as it stands, he's right, shit breaks way too fast. Especially lynel shit, which requires beating the hardest enemy in the game to get, is clearly endgame gear and breaks about as fast as bokoblin shit.

I really, really wish halberds had some kind of chopping or swinging attack.

Does the weapon connoisseur quest ever end?

>being annoyed by weapons breaking after a set number of times hitting something in a game devoid of hitzones beyond arrow headshots is a matter of not hitting things good enough

It also kills shit so much faster that it won't break without paying you back in mad damage.

>Climb to the top of a mountain.
>Big groaning monster

Is this thing gonna kick my shit in if I shoot the eyeballs?

>three times as durable
nigga i literally cannot break my weapons fast enough as it is

Traveler's Sword > Fire Rod > Moblin Club > Duplex Bow > Windcleaver > Ancient Battle Axe+ > Frostspear > Ancient Short Sword.

>royal sword breaks
>have 2 more plus some monster trash in my bag
>get another for killing the monster it broke on
Unimpactful