/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #694 - Learning to swim Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gwlC89-X-oc&t=282s
youtube.com/watch?v=AK2KJJv7ed4
youtu.be/96gTzBbydQc
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/841325013336649728
youtube.com/watch?v=-fDcvxzgCBE&t=237s
youtube.com/watch?v=9pWC-4dx3Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=iDzloPD1AeQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0cjzBRqvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pP-QMWT3fIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAST!

fast

GOTTA GO FAST

HE'S FAST

4th for cute art!

Woohoooo!

Repostin' a small thing I had time to throw together. Classic chubby Silver!

*alsofixedafewthingsnoonethankfullynoticed*

>mfw i only thought the pannel is gonna come out this friday.
>mfw actually it's this wednesday / thursday coming.

Are any of the 3DS Sonic games worth buying? I've had an urge to play one for some time now.

Generations and Fire and Ice are ok.

3DS Generations a shit.
3DS Lost World a shit.
I've heard good things about Fire and Ice.

Silver a cutie

Generations was meh with good music, Lost World was a disaster, Shattered Crystal was stale, Fire & Ice was meh. Only bother if you're a completionist.

You're better off using your 3DS to play the DS games.

Guess I'll just watch gameplay and pick whichever looks the coolest.

>good music
youtube.com/watch?v=CHIvYCMzyFQ

>170914842
what they hell did they do to this song. They ruined it

I'll admit the singing is bad

Radical Highway is bleh.

But there is still good music.

>all of the day bro
youtube.com/watch?v=gwlC89-X-oc&t=282s

>0:50-1:06
Jesus fuck Bradley sounds like he's singing softly to avoid disturbing the neighbors

>Wonderful so he has these 2 plus Tikal and Chaos..who only appear when shit gets real?

I don't there's anything stopping Tikal from showing up.

>dubstep shit

>guitar
>techno
>considered this
youtube.com/watch?v=AK2KJJv7ed4

Way to get ride of the haunting vibe the original had, Sega. Fucking Nu-Sonic.

The only good remix in Generations.
youtu.be/96gTzBbydQc

Literally the only one that sounds on par with the original is Open Your Heart

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/841325013336649728

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=-fDcvxzgCBE&t=237s

P R O J E C T 2 0 1 7

ONCE THE DEATH EGG ROBOT IS MASS-PRODUCED, WE'LL PUT AN END TO THE HEDGEHOG IN NO TIME

>Adventure Open Your Heart
>Song is from Sonic's point of view

>Generations Open Your Heart
>Song is from Chaos's point of view

Who else agrees

Cap this faggots, this is exactly what the "new character" will be.

Eustace Bagg?

I, for one, can't wait for a horde of Mass-Produced Coldsteels to liberate us.

I'd fucking play it

he's fucking dead

>Implying Eggman isn't fucked for trying to get him out of his chair

>Stupid hedgehog, you made me look bad!
>OOGABOOGABOOGA!

Blast you, I thought you said 'Baldry'

youtube.com/watch?v=9pWC-4dx3Q0

God fucking dammit, my hype is through the roof. Do you think we'll see more CGI?

user never got back to me on my lewd request

I love the designs of these things, like those little mass produced Gundams. But ... massive.

They look more like Egg Robos/ Death Egg Robot hybrids than anything else

>like those little mass produced Gundams.

You mean GMs?

Post Jims

Meme mouse in meme sweater

So, the Sonic in this pic I don't mind. The art could stand to be more detailed, but I don't mind the expression he's convaying. It's on a range that we haven't seen him convey in some time.

The Espio however... I can not even come close to defending. Like seriously, what the fuck is that?

as a whole the boss battles in Advance 2 were obnoxious and difficult

Yeah I basically feel the same way.

Has anyone from Angie that has worked on the Sonic comics gone on to work at one of the big 2?

>Angie
You mean Archie, and yeah. Though it's mostly been editorial. Kaminski is at DC and Gabrie went to Marvel. Lim and Butler used to work at Marvel

youtube.com/watch?v=iDzloPD1AeQ

this is weird, but i unironically really enjoy Lost World

if you just pretend you're playing reskinned Mario, the experience gets a whole lot better

unfortunately you're reminded of how cool it could have been once you get to the amazing stage that is Desert Ruins Zone 2 and see how much more fun it is compared to the rest of the game

What would be Amy's reaction to this

*dabs*

PINK BELLY

What would be Amy's reaction to this?

Implying she doesn't secretly ship it

Cute

>Blaze hates fags
based

for

No user, it is you that is the fag

So considering how lego dimensions handled the franchise, and the how well received the lego batman movie was do you think that would be the best case scenario for the 2018 sonic movie would be something with that writing style

Keep it in the middle
Dark shit with lighthearted parts

So basically remake Adventure and 2 into a movie so we can get a movie version of THUNDAH

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0cjzBRqvQ

Someone made a Sonic games timeline, discuss.

Would Amy be a fujo?

Sonic generations - SA1 - SA2 - Sonic CD - Sonic 2

50 years have passed,yet Sonic does not age.
Time has lost it's effect on him. Eggman's grasp chokes the past,present and future. Hope is lost.

Only TAILS can save the universe now!

That's true, Sally is in Sonic Spinball

Yeaaaaaahhhhh Hurst we did it

How are they any different from each other?Shit, that would be great, actually.

really makes the noggin' go a' joggin'

Did anyone got the chance to see the first episode of season 5?

It would be more attractive if she had some skin visible below the panties at the top of her legs

I would say unleashed with boom sense of humor is closer tonally

I did, and I think AS may still be streaming it on their site. I know Kisscartoon probably has the episode up now. But it was really good.

Awesome, I'll check it out later.

Yes fucking ten out of ten god bless you genndy

She is? Where?

youtube.com/watch?v=pP-QMWT3fIg

How do we fix Lost World?

What's with all the homoshit today? Just kinda came out of nowhere.

1. better tutorials

2. remove the run button, and replace it with sa1 styled physics

3. and probably most important remove most if not of the gimmicky levels that don't focus of platforming, maybe the 2d platforming levels as well

You free the Freedom Fighters in the bonus stage.

I think lizurd broke his tail

The short answer is "chuck it out and start from scratch"

The long answer is "get rid of all the 2D sections, change the physics engine so it's momentum-based, change the level design so it's not floating tubes in the air and compliment the momentum, change the parkour button to be a dedicated wallrun button that is affected by trajectory, change the spindash so it's an actual spindash and not a glorified infinite boost, get rid of the run button and make speed based on the analog stick, remove all Wisps and gimmicks that don't compliment the new physics and level design philosophy, rework the bosses so they're not garbage, fire Pontaff into the sun and rewrite the entire plot and script"

Sutpid gays

I'd like it of Sega took the opportunity to adopt the freedom fighters into the games, but I think they'd have to be completely rewritten from their comic and tv show selves, like the Chaotix.

Wasn't there originally going to be a satam game back then?

I don't trust Sega to keep the likable aspects of their characters and not just revert them Deadly Six tier one note stereotypes. I know for damn sure a game canon Antoine would literally be SaTAM Antoine

But what if...

Yeah, that would suck

I think like unfortunately. I don't there could be a good SatAM game which would not be a fangame. Sega will never outsource the project to a passionate team because the fanbase is too small. And this is good, remember how greedy executives made Boom RoL the trash it is.

>I don't trust Sega to keep the likable aspects of their characters and not just turn them into actual Sonic characters.

TBF sega themselves portray the charicters, like what happened, to shadow, amy, and knuckles after SA2

Sega has the ability to portray the characters with actual nuance and shit, but after Black Knight they decided to hire writers who just write them as one note as possible.

*Portray the characters badly

Man, I still don't understand why Metal Sonic and Shadow are in Boom other than because the fanboys got on their ass. There's no explanation for either one of them's existence and all they do is show up for boss battles and then leave having affected nothing and nobody. I hope that one episode with Shadow was the last. I don't think he ever appeared in the comic version of Boom either.

Another thing that bothers me, why say they want to include more of Sonic's cast in the boom franchise when people already don't like them? Nobody wants to see Boom Rogue, Boom Blaze, Silver, the Rogues, Chaotix or Marine and Cream. There's not even chaos emeralds.

>write them as one note as possible.

Yes, that's what I mean. As actual sonic characters.