Reading up on the cars from the first Fast and Furious movie...

Reading up on the cars from the first Fast and Furious movie, specifically on the yellow Skyline that Leon was driving and found this.

>May 31, 2012, the state of Wisconsin ordered that the two models for the 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 were ordered to be destroyed, after a law in the state of Wisconsin in the USA prevented the ownership of a vehicle that doesn’t have a valid VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), especially for imported vehicles.[1][3][4]

>The owner, Justin Beno, also had a second R33 that was crushed as well, due to the fact that he attempted to sell the cars to another person and told them he could get them titled in Florida, unaware the "buyer" was an undercover agent.[3][1][4] Although Beno asked if he could ship the cars to another country, his appeal was denied, and was told he'd be free of charges if he agreed to turn over his Skylines to be crushed and compacted.

Other urls found in this thread:

patrickrhamey.com/saturday-research/2016/5/24/2016-state-of-world-liberty-index
godhatesfags.com/
transresearchconsortium.com/fellows/2016/8/8/patrick-james
researchgate.net/profile/J_Rhamey
linkedin.com/in/j-patrick-rhamey-jr-66527617
scholar.google.com/citations?user=Jt6O8xUAAAAJ&hl=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_World_Liberty_Index
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T
object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016-update-3.pdf
google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AIezHSbkt6haCb4ef8-YyutLjzH8NCL6V_q5J4wrgvYWZ7trdndvuuTI2tYLZbj9zG2E9lm-mb3IC_8ATbd-nUAJolp727issQGArdgFZxUEaIotIElLOPsuXbl77MXVLqWQ-66qQlgF1NlnXu0TSkgA3FtYbB_ftwtaqP7hGS0pCoX26aEnbfpulozlR02x2qb4JdNlGalrUsjlMnO3pHObYM3dEVKQvA&th=,ZpdXl7aw_lCW87yQNY22Q56JGAbHh1bwAAAAPqAAAABqawN3j5x37nu8wkkoie9ykAr1IphZdHz3nDaROJ9Uz1bBIG7A1V8wCKMXuEfR4Yi2vuos03M4aO_orWTMnLLBT3nIbExzvOCgs_eNKHmeOPpX1S9UQ4Wk1bt5fkbl7VsnvYESdxQwHaj8p49oAn-XNMQQNv9goQpkSaZE1086dSkIhszlv10hKsynUMpgUUsKgEHXybTi8RG0U5nxiIKSx7aaNnNcU6IniayKCuUZhWZbYBqDBVxnVqMgFnPAr-sdZxoYwRNBnBOLoage_6BWnjMqD2LgYhV_3kHCtx642tAEZ-l3OUiZSuSDd2ZLiQONC7OEKa8rXQFpWscMZ4INdo0WdQi6DDdlw4QafeXQO6dOWbBlafzyK80cqbZkb9E5WM6AOVEbkhSiaCvMhqRDVnlUDu7jkuPbSX_vmOlcEUuGm2v2cpruQO4ttYRbK2bSMXFsNlqkT0nNOdphjU40iM0RiHnFhauXZ0c-Y1EDDSXXY6Zh0pYH3_ywuUiRN3ptCBW-e7wX1vqDV5453bqgzZs3kWqwqceKe9qvWPMQBr5Ma7gc3inSvj1fn0gABCkyIbQaTYglgx7H-QMltG-ibSVfNRA5rUO3jSeqk_GKZwf1uGyydZnTxbZahI6s7SoA8TymO6_qZPPXKrJ6emlec5PPaCVO5Xlt4Rtd60DQ44HbBMKpG8WIUINF1BBTs1TYnKe9BdPJV3Y_Z61GNkhvN2Kp3xaEH5LTx5nhft2VzZuZ2WVLG3tu4ZfhKG6GRNEzmVn9rpkY32YJ2hlKFNxwt93VBRe1HYkY57sDQy5tEBRS0VvWvoR2U0A1ew1xqYYHVyDri8zRlhxi7iN7I_y6KCP7ThtrrU-b5MBXJTiqYUVRNpD85r0fWYE0IWQVt9_h3skmeY2DF6G2keSWLICUHFeF9iTpVIPyctY4chQbLYwapQtO7rkrunjnlU5TayVj1gcrk0vxVDoCtT5lNne4aq1qJJKfZ9kqisE0FbXKAJ9AZm9U0Iu-HcpCA9sJ2Dh-kOuUnN_aLZOBzp5By7OvhwQ20P4PpKF19UuWW9n0tVfbsQpAXupsPdIJszczf9x00bmH9k48KWrmCeNS_k7qJ_IPnsPriNL5pC-vF3EqYsu2i28WLf9OR9fFc1dm6YVqtugiMrmhZe-Cm5BEbAZiQifQMOo-YM2tp30
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>This is the freedom Americans always screech about

/thread

F

>owning JEE TEE ARU
>not just outrunning their slow pigfat autotragic landbarges with your superior nihongo machine
>never let them crush your Japanese spirit, never give up no matter the cost
>if by some miracle they catch you, honor the Japanese by taking your own life and destroying the car yourself

>unaware the "buyer" was an undercover agent
muh land of the free

Why do they have to destroy them? Can't they just seize them until they can be registered, then sold to the public?

Too long a wait and takes too much space.

Seize them and sell them to people in a free country. That way it's effectively a tax.

reminder this is all to protect american car makers.

They are that shit they need to crush 20 year old cars in order not to get government bailouts more often than they allready do

>mercedes
>american

Easiest way to make that work would have them all sold to canada. I blam isolationists for this crap 25 years is too long for the modern market where most of the US wont touch a car over 15 years old unless they have to.

Please tell us how we are oppressed in yurop and you are so free.

>feeling the need to place a foreign entity as a scapegoat for voicing the same concerns of the Domestic brands
It's like the local manufacturers having their cake and eating it too.

Did they crush the car by having an average American sit on it?

why all the ameribelly hate yo?

Nice freedoms you got there faggots

Americans aren't awake yet so Europe is taking the piss while they can't defend themselves.

maybe he actually was aware that it was an undercover agent and just wanted to crush the shit out of that rice monstrosity.

Because they keep throwing shit at us saying that we are fucked by our regulations and taxes but they are the biggest cucks of all.

This, sounds like he got free curb side garbage pickup. Way to work the system

>p/o/l

United states of cuckistan

evo is really ruining the overall impression

just remember the USA ranks 20th in personal liberties

patrickrhamey.com/saturday-research/2016/5/24/2016-state-of-world-liberty-index

USA BLOWN THE FUCK OUT AGAIN

you RANK 20TH

NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 10

AND ALL YOU DO IS FUCKING RAVE ABOUT HOW FREE YOU ARE!! AND YOU RANK 20TH.

TOP FUCKING KEK

kys you fat cunts

>patrickrhamey.com/saturday-research/2016/5/24/2016-state-of-world-liberty-index

the fuck kind of source is that
looks like some asshole made that site in 3 minutes

>Although Beno asked if he could ship the cars to another country, his appeal was denied, and was told he'd be free of charges if he agreed to turn over his Skylines to be crushed and compacted.
so this is the famous freedom

>have illegal thing
>it gets taken away
>sperg on Veeky Forums

idk what anyone of you expected

>a car
>illegal thing
Must have been one of those assault cars

low effort

This was years and years ago. Periodically the government goes on a witch hunt and seizes or destroys a handful of illegally imported skylines. Hasn't happened in a few years I believe.

In Florida it is easy to title and street drive illegally imported cars. There are tons of grey market imports here. I have actually owned a couple myself. Cops don't care as long as you have registration and insurance. I've been pulled over in my R33 7 times over 3 years without a single issue.

>there are undercover agents who exist simply to make sure foreign cars are crushed

but why? they don't have anything better to do?

Don't blame isolationists, blame Mercedes. They're the scum of the earth because of their lobbying for our retarded import laws.

If those guys exist they aren't doing a very good job. Hasn't been a skyline crushed in the US in quite some time.

>patrickrhamey.com/saturday-research/2016/5/24/2016-state-of-world-liberty-index

can't read you dumb cunt?

J. Patrick Rhamey Jr.
Assistant Professor - Virginia Military Institute
home about c.v. research teaching links
2016 state of world liberty index
May 24, 2016
by Patrick Rhamey

seewasn't even an effort.

wow you may be legitimately retarded
no sources or citations to valid and credible sites anywhere else

i could literally make that site in 10 minutes
its just some asshole with a website
godhatesfags.com/

is that site a credible source of information just because its a website?

Please stop posting

Not even that guy, but if you have something creditable to counter an Assistant Professor - Virginia Military Institute, I'm all ears.

not even a human

but if you cant wrap your head around the fact that any person, regardless of actual knowledge, educational background, or merit otherwise can run a website that literally says anything, then please fuck off

If you have something creditable to counter an Assistant Professor - Virginia Military Institute, I'm all ears

>not even a human
lol

the guy is the source you dumb cunt.

>universities conduct research

AMAZING, CALL FOX NEWS QUICK

you are all fucking retarded if you think that websites' claims are valid in any sense

you have been to school long enough to be required to write a paper with sources right?

you didnt drop out before that did you?
is that why you think that site is a valid source?

its OK to be wrong

find me a credible website hosting that study
that isnt patrickrhamey.com

so if i make a website that says im a professor
it makes everything on the site true

wow im literally astounded

>fat dumb americunts get arse blasted by their own professors
>B-B-BUT MUH FREEDUMBS!

go get some tendies and calm down you hamplanet

just accept it, a university from your own country rates you at #20.

you're #20.

you're pretty much an aids ridden shit hole these days anyway

>go to primary school
>get shot
>go to the movies
>get shot
>go to work
>get shot
>go to church
>get shot

maybe china should go free the shit out of you since your people are suffering. kek

>implying this thread isnt europoors baiting other europoors

transresearchconsortium.com/fellows/2016/8/8/patrick-james
>J. Patrick Rhamey, Jr. is Assistant Professor of International Studies and Political Science at the Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Virginia where he also directs the Institute’s Central Europe Study Abroad Program and serves as an elected member of the Lexington City Council. He received his Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Arizona, M.A. in Political Science from the University of Georgia, and B.A. in International Studies and Political Science from Rhodes College. His research includes understanding the impact of systemic hierarchy, analysis of the causes of international conflict, and theorizing in the subfield of comparative regionalism. A common theme throughout these research programs is the impact of geography in conditioning our understanding of state behavior, including the temporal coexistence of order and disorder across different regions of the word within the international system.

>ResearchGate URL: researchgate.net/profile/J_Rhamey
>LinkedIn URL: linkedin.com/in/j-patrick-rhamey-jr-66527617

If you have something creditable to counter an Assistant Professor - Virginia Military Institute, I'm all ears
Or you can keep stalling and sticking your fingers in your own ears.

Not even a human as in there is no Patrick Rhamey in the directory for VMI

scholar.google.com/citations?user=Jt6O8xUAAAAJ&hl=en
>Assistant Professor, Virginia Military Institute
>International Relations, International Conflict, Regional Politics
>Verified email at vmi.edu
i am laffing Veeky Forums

oh wow you posted a valid source

good job!

are you done claiming that a professors personal website

IS IN ANY WAY ACCEPTABLE as a credible source

you're a dumb cunt. how do you even remember to breathe?

obviously anyone could make up a website about anything.

but that site is obviously not made up, not when his rankings, apparently, gets used "The index has been cited by human rights organisations,[3] governments,[4] pro-democracy groups,[5] [6] news organisations,[7] [8] [9] and others.[10] [11] [12]"

also

Only one report (the 2006 State of World Liberty Index, released 12 August 2006) was produced by the State of World Liberty Project and the original website is now defunct.

The State of World Liberty Index was a ranking of countries according to the degree of economic and personal freedoms that their citizens enjoy. It was a compilation of several similar indices created by other organizations.

please move to a non shit hole country and get a proper education. might help you to be able to tell real and fake websites apart.

MAJOR J. PATRICK RHAMEY, PH.D.
Assistant Professor
Ph.D. - University of Arizona
435 Scott Shipp Hall
not even a professor
dude just assists one lmao

The 2006 State of World Liberty Index was created by combining the rankings of four other indexes of world liberty into one: the "2005 Economic Freedom of the World" Index (Fraser Institute/Cato Institute), the "2006 Index of Economic Freedom" (The Heritage Foundation/Wall Street Journal), the "2005 Freedom in the World" index (Freedom House), and the "2005 Press Freedom Index" (Reporters Without Borders).

These reports are used to score countries in three categories: individual freedom, economic freedom, and government size and taxation. These three scores are then averaged to give a country's overall score.

>this is what was used to compile the original 2006 rankings

I hate sounding like a broken record, but...
Or you can keep stalling and sticking your fingers in your own ears.
At least I don't have a broken butt.

Does this mean you can't even own them for track use or a private collection?

I mean Ausfalia is about as assbackward as a country can get when it comes to Automotive laws, but I can still import and own literally anything for private use and with enough cash/hassle can have anything engineered for use on the road.

since you're a dumb fat fuck americunt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_World_Liberty_Index

may take you some time considering your reading skills of a 7 year old. but there is the wiki article, about this shit.

learn to google you fat cunt
1st thing you should google is how to kill myself because you should really remove your dumb cunt self from the gene pool.

your country is a shit hole. accept it.

who did the compiling?

a non biased third party?

how can it not be biased if every country is being rated

the jews did this

not even a real professor
not even a real website

>get baited into arguement
>assume person is american
>sperg hard

>yfw they tried to crush a cizeta-moroder v16t that was in a private museum

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T

americunts and their freedoms, top kek

pro tip dumb cunts. don't trust cnn and fox news. you're country is shit at everything except military spending and incarciration rates.

So I gather you're choosing to keep stalling and sticking your fingers in your own ears.
I think we should just give up on that peon. Clearly he won't accept sources that don't agree with his pre-determined outcome.

>some lamborghini kit car ALMOST got crushed in america
wish it did lol, ugly as shit
hopefully we go from crushing cars to crushing countries like yours with trump in office

>r you're choosing to keep stalling and sticking your fingers in your own ears.
>peon

oh hey reddit

I've no doubt whatsoever that Trump will do a superb job of crushing America.

Why the fuck couldn't he have just registered it in Canada?

>exhibit A

I bet they shitpost on Veeky Forums

>I've

lol its "BRITFAGS COMMENTARY ON EVERYONE ELSES LIFE, the thread"

>dont mind us just shitposting while our country is raped by mudslimes

are you really implying that only one person is replying t

Even Americans think he's a clown

I'll grant you the liberty (lol) of presuming the rest of your post was going to finish with "replying to you".
And my answer is; no, I'm not implying that what so ever.

no, virtue signaling sjws outwardly dislike him

t. ausfag in burgerland

>user agrees with your post

>He's suddenly shitposting

Only in America.

>after a law in the state of Wisconsin in the USA prevented the ownership of a vehicle that doesn’t have a valid VIN
Land of the free.

Rather than bickering just use the standard Human Freedom index:

object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016-update-3.pdf

meanwhile I can't brush my teeth because Brussels took away all the toothpaste because the colors don't match in all of the EU.

>standard
So is that metric or imperial?

>United States of America
>...
>23rd

SI, no one in anything scientific uses Metric or Imperial.

If you're going to rant about the EU at least use factual occurances like that one time when they banned conventional lightbulbs. Or earlier today when they released a warning to Hungary for wanting to close down a George Soros founded financial kikedom "university".

>americans being bottom bitch to the nation that lost the war

Doesn't help when we're literally 10 rungs behind Germany on the freedom ladder

>government is loose enough to be lobbied for import bans by FOREIGN COMPANIES
>somehow the foreign companies are at fault

>YFW they actually blame foreign entities for their lack of freedom
You just cannot make this up.

How do we help our American bros make their country great again?

hong kong most free country!

how can we help our eurobros to understand basic geography/ history

citygoogle.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AIezHSbkt6haCb4ef8-YyutLjzH8NCL6V_q5J4wrgvYWZ7trdndvuuTI2tYLZbj9zG2E9lm-mb3IC_8ATbd-nUAJolp727issQGArdgFZxUEaIotIElLOPsuXbl77MXVLqWQ-66qQlgF1NlnXu0TSkgA3FtYbB_ftwtaqP7hGS0pCoX26aEnbfpulozlR02x2qb4JdNlGalrUsjlMnO3pHObYM3dEVKQvA&th=,ZpdXl7aw_lCW87yQNY22Q56JGAbHh1bwAAAAPqAAAABqawN3j5x37nu8wkkoie9ykAr1IphZdHz3nDaROJ9Uz1bBIG7A1V8wCKMXuEfR4Yi2vuos03M4aO_orWTMnLLBT3nIbExzvOCgs_eNKHmeOPpX1S9UQ4Wk1bt5fkbl7VsnvYESdxQwHaj8p49oAn-XNMQQNv9goQpkSaZE1086dSkIhszlv10hKsynUMpgUUsKgEHXybTi8RG0U5nxiIKSx7aaNnNcU6IniayKCuUZhWZbYBqDBVxnVqMgFnPAr-sdZxoYwRNBnBOLoage_6BWnjMqD2LgYhV_3kHCtx642tAEZ-l3OUiZSuSDd2ZLiQONC7OEKa8rXQFpWscMZ4INdo0WdQi6DDdlw4QafeXQO6dOWbBlafzyK80cqbZkb9E5WM6AOVEbkhSiaCvMhqRDVnlUDu7jkuPbSX_vmOlcEUuGm2v2cpruQO4ttYRbK2bSMXFsNlqkT0nNOdphjU40iM0RiHnFhauXZ0c-Y1EDDSXXY6Zh0pYH3_ywuUiRN3ptCBW-e7wX1vqDV5453bqgzZs3kWqwqceKe9qvWPMQBr5Ma7gc3inSvj1fn0gABCkyIbQaTYglgx7H-QMltG-ibSVfNRA5rUO3jSeqk_GKZwf1uGyydZnTxbZahI6s7SoA8TymO6_qZPPXKrJ6emlec5PPaCVO5Xlt4Rtd60DQ44HbBMKpG8WIUINF1BBTs1TYnKe9BdPJV3Y_Z61GNkhvN2Kp3xaEH5LTx5nhft2VzZuZ2WVLG3tu4ZfhKG6GRNEzmVn9rpkY32YJ2hlKFNxwt93VBRe1HYkY57sDQy5tEBRS0VvWvoR2U0A1ew1xqYYHVyDri8zRlhxi7iN7I_y6KCP7ThtrrU-b5MBXJTiqYUVRNpD85r0fWYE0IWQVt9_h3skmeY2DF6G2keSWLICUHFeF9iTpVIPyctY4chQbLYwapQtO7rkrunjnlU5TayVj1gcrk0vxVDoCtT5lNne4aq1qJJKfZ9kqisE0FbXKAJ9AZm9U0Iu-HcpCA9sJ2Dh-kOuUnN_aLZOBzp5By7OvhwQ20P4PpKF19UuWW9n0tVfbsQpAXupsPdIJszczf9x00bmH9k48KWrmCeNS_k7qJ_IPnsPriNL5pC-vF3EqYsu2i28WLf9OR9fFc1dm6YVqtugiMrmhZe-Cm5BEbAZiQifQMOo-YM2tp30

Good job.

Another political scientist here, recently got hired onto the faculty of a small liberal arts school, starting in the Fall.

The US really is around only the 20th or so "freest" country in the world. When I was coming through undergrad, #1 was South Korea or some shit. Too bad they use that freedom to be a bunch of yellow Mormons (in appearance and attitudes, at least).

>tfw your captcha image url somehow makes it into your post

doesnt change the fact that hong kong is NOT a country

We are still allowed to protect ourselves at least. Have fun with those refugees, guys.

You sound like a giant faggot.

>This triggers the motorhead
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT

>We are still allowed to protect ourselves at least. Have fun with those refugees, guys.

Kek, you can't even protect a car.

That guy wasn't even allowed to protect his car.

It's called being a sperglord with your mouse you tard

>Can own machine guns
>Can own fully operational tanks
>Can buy a massive house with a real yard for cheap
>Can say whatever the fuck I want
>Euros think all the Muslims they are importing will become anything other than an economic underclass they have to support just like blacks and Mexicans in the usa, as they slowly drain the public welfare system to it's eventual bankruptcy.

Honestly feel pretty good about my rights as a burger.

>can't own a simple japanese shitbox
Some freedom you have there

>Can own machine guns
>Can own fully operational tanks
>Can buy a massive house with a real yard for cheap
>Can say whatever the fuck I want

And?

You can do that in Ausfalia, New Zealand, the UK etc

Only those places actually have things that matter to your actual quality of life and day to day living beyond childish fantasies, you know like healthcare, education, personal freedom etc

Just because there are impatient weeaboo niggers doesn't mean you can own that shit. You can literally buy an r34 right now, you just cant run it on the street until it's 25 years old.

>Ausfags kiwis and bongs
>Machine guns, nope
>Tanks with an actually operational main cannon, nope
>Violating hate speech laws for criticising their new Muslim overlords
>Paying $1million for your tiny suburban cuck-shed

You are literally retarded.