/vsg/ /V/idyascape General Ded Thred edition

>> What is /v/scape? >> Wikis Main Website Steam Group Staff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4iseF_FBn8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We need to build a wall to keep the golems out.

Well it's that time where I blogpost about my progress to keep the thread bumped. I haven't been keeping screenies so I only have 2 but as I keep going I will do my part in actually making a post or two every now and again. Don't take this personally, i'm only doing what the sadmins asked of us to do c:

ok

Selling zerker ring, dbow, 3a kite

Buying magic logs

Up until this point I made nats from 44-50 runecrafting which ended up netting me ~2.2k alchs. I went on to fletching magic shortbows and alching them for a little over 2m, all of which I had spent on construction. At 71 construction I ran out of funds and decided it was time to actually make use of my house.

buying crafting mats, nats, laws
ign Shart Homo

Using the general store and the well in Rimmington I was able to get buckets of water for mining clay. I forgot that you needed a gold leaf for the mahogany eagle lectern, so I had to take a small detour and alch a few more magic shortbows to buy the materials. Once I had my lectern it was time to cut down on some inventory slots, converting all of the law and earth runes I had into 200 house tabs.

You have the same hair color and style as my mom's runescape character.

Question posed in Yell; When did RuneScape die?

I think that the answer varies depending on what you valued as a player, and the kind of gameplay experience that you enjoy.

In the context of "Keeping the game 'oldskool'" I think that the single action, if there could be one, that ruined the game, it would have to be the Grand Exchange.

First, we have to establish what "oldskool" runescape was exactly. I think the most defining characteristic of OSRS is that, regardless of what you were interested in doing on the game, there was a community that you inevitably became a part of.

The introduction of the Grand Exchange introduced convenience at the cost of inter-personal relationships. Gone were the days where you knew a few people who were always looking for Dbones (Hurt) or Dhides (Shoah, Derk).

Instead, you sold everything into the GE, and you never made connections with people. You bought everything from GE, and again, you never made connections with people.

Personally, some of my best memories of RuneScape involved the people I met through trading, or the people that I worked with (splitting labor) to prepare for quests.

Those are my general thoughts, yolo.

I can agree with this

haha nice!!! posting on r/cringe right now!!!! xD

I think you are entirely correct, and your thesis extends to far more than just RuneScape.

Look at WoW. LFG tool halfway through WotLK. It's not like the entirely of content was completely horrendous afterwards: Throne of Thunder was one of the best raids ever.

MMOs have forgotten that they were glorified chatrooms, not glorified skinner boxes. Normies, unfortunately, prefer skinner boxes. See mobile games.

I want to add that not everyone liked the personal hassle of trading with people, because it just made trading more tedious and annoying -BUT- that is part of the game and a very big one at that.

I enjoyed free trade because sitting in varrock west merching was one of the biggest nostalgia big boners I can rub, and having interpersonal relationships with players in the game actually had an initiative since it meant getting some items faster and some people were responsible for being massive parts of the economy - knowing these people was convenient and a relationship with them was inevitable.

Why would you make a post like this?
It's not funny, it's not witty, it's not ironic.

It's just sad.

Cool story bruh.

I 100% agree, I was going to mention the LFG tool in WotLK, but since this is VSG I didn't want to bring it up.

Reminder not to bump thread in til admins create more content for us, we aren't their bump slaves and they don't owe us anything for volunteering to administrate this game

So, I'm trying to complete the grand tree and somewhere along the way I managed to drop both the translation book and the bark sample. I've tried talking to Hazelemere and King Narood and neither of them can help me get the missing book or the bark sample.
Doing a quick search I discovered that in OSRS you can get another book and bark sample by talking to King Narood, but apparently that doesn't work in vscape.
Can I do anything to fix this or is The Grand Tree just not possible for me anymore?

Uh. Try ::panic desu

Ask an admin, they'll probably spawn another book for you.

Honestly I for me I don't consider the GE to be the end of oldschool for me, but I will forever remember going to fally and shit on world 1 and 2 with just hundreds of people shouting shit for sale. The GE was bad, but not the deathknell for it. I will agree that the loss of personal relationships killed the game for me, as all my friends leaving caused me to leave.

for me it is the mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich!!!!!!!

Buying flax 400 ea, bowstrings 500 ea, bloods 550 ea, 3a platebody/platelegs ??? ea

bm animosity

desu senpai real talk doe homie, like on dead dawgs, the big maccccc is the best

reminder that the admins fucking hate EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, that every person who logs in on a daily basis and posts on global is seen as a fucking cancer upon their lives, that this server turned from amusing ant farm filled with slightly offputting spectrum kids to a cesspool of degenerates whom they would go to such lengths to avoid that they would instead rather form friendships with lesser retards like qkumber or wiggins or outright sociopaths like goddamn latent

just let this thread and this server die and do everyone a favor

Hi Starlight

Every person I see that posts shit like this I can't help but think they are memeing, as they bump the post with every flame.

oh yes i am also selling a guthix stole and a balm seed

>they bump the post with every flame
hey, welcome to Veeky Forums

Selling:
Mud staff
Seers ring
Warrior ring
Guthix vestment set minus cloak
Zamorak crozier and stole
Saradomin crozier and stole
Dark mystic gloves
Light mystic top
Rune (g) full helm
Addy (t) kite
Bronze hasta

Buying:
Pure essence, rates scale with quantity

but what was stolen? you shouldn't leave out crucial details

please like, comment, subscribe and donate to my patreon

This is precious.

yeah screencaps without context are fucking precious

The one doesn't know which fishing spot to use and they're lighting fires on the beach.

Cute
U
T
E

Bump the thread

no u

Uuuu

ty

reminder to have your daily smoke and to take you're vitamins

u 2

U2^2

I have nothing to say to this post I just want to give you a you.

>get ye gone
I recognize this phrase, but I can't put my finger on it.

b-bump

Pmub

Pick one, /v/scape

Second row from the top, second from the left

I'm not even saying anything here.

bobster got married this weekend

Bottom row, third to last
- Shart Homo

And then what?

Why doesnt curry log in any more

he was banned for abusing the mantis

also 90% of the server hates him

buying: uncut diamonds 4k
spider eggs 3k ea
blue dragon scale (or dust) 2k
wine of Zamorak 2k

selling: picture
pages are G1,2 S4 Z1
battlestaves 7k ea

Trading: air and fire orbs for diamonds (2 orbs:1 diamond)
strength, prayer, ranged, antifire and super restore potions for its secondary

Why does Olaf have to be so mean!

>Doing DT
"Hi, can you bless this pot for me?"
"A strange request, but I don't see the harm in it."
TFW you're a saradominist priest and you're literally part of the reason that Zaros' followers come back to prevalence.

Still buying these things

Taking offers on things in the bicture

>paying 100 gp more for LESS exp
what a fucking cuck

p-pls no more crafting

bump

Post doings and listenings c:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4iseF_FBn8

>its been 6 years

update, the dstones/glories (not glory t) are gawn

one?

i want all 3 DBGs at the same time

mud staff, addy kite and sara vestments all gone

guddix stole is gone

forgot to mention i'm also selling a balm sead

shitpost

thank you for your contribution, the Vscape government will reward you handsomely for your service.

bump

imagine being able to sleep, that would be SO cool

who is this thing

My wife

well, time to do this for another 70 hours until 99

Shitpost

Configuring iMac for a coworker ;_;

>page 10

bump

Some guy is camping out the wilderness agility course.

wat do

Keep dying till he's out of runes.

Bring all your friends and take your crystal bow

salebump

Also buying mith bolts.

post about it in thread but dont do anything

haha o wait

>no update for this long

hunter CONFIRMED

Bump

Post in this thread "I am a gay frog" and all your drop wants will come true

What quest do you want to see added next?

sheep herder obviously

jokes aside, where the FUCK is the feud

RIP Nappa

>latent