>change from years of Manuel car to Autotragic

>left foot and right hand want to do something and feel bored
Anyone else feeling this way? Will this get better? It's just not the same...

I can relate

>always owned manuals
>company cars are automatic

I don't get why americans love them so much. Every time I have to use one of them, they're by far the most dull and boring drives I've ever had.

I have the same doggo, OP.

Also I too relate to your feeling, however I can switch from the automatic car to the manuel one.

Due to our lower pop density, public transit is less viable to a larger percentage of the population. Thus, you have even MORE people who view the car as an appliance and can't be assed to learn manual when they already learned to drive on an automatic.
>go to speed up in auto
>foot instinctively goes for clutch
>slams wide brake pedal
>kiss steering wheel

>tfw you have to hit the brakes hard for some reason and you stomp your left foot too

Beat the meat with your right hand instead. Or find a fag to ride shotgun and beat his.

Well over here, unless you can't physically drive it or specifically state otherwise, you learn in a manual. If you take the "regular" license you're allowed to drive both manuals and autos. Automatic license only allows you to drive automatics, but if you want to drive manuals afterwards, you only need to redo the driving exam.

Also the distribution in Europe is pretty much the opposite of the US. Something around 95% manuals and 5% autos.

I know your feels, I drove an autotragic for a while for lack of any good options in a small town I lived in one time. Heres what helped me.

You can eat and drink while driving now. Also you have a free hand to browse the internet or text. Try bringing a beer since your car basically drives its self now.

>you have a free hand to browse the internet or text
>while driving

don't you ever fucking suggest that again

Quality shitpost

thanks mr scott

>he can't drink a coffee while driving a manual
All these plebs desu

Play with your dick while you drive

This one

I drink tea the way it's meant to be drunk while driving to work in my manual every morning.

I drove a couple of manual Civics over the course of a decade (2006-2016)

Bought an autotragic Lexus last year. My first "nice" car.

During that first month or so of ownership, I was definitely doing my fair share of ghost-clutching and anxiously tapping my fingers on the center console. I'd been programmed to perform these additional actions that just didn't exist anymore. A weird feeling for sure.

I think the biggest thing I miss is how connected the transmission and throttle inputs are in a manual. That feeling when you playfully roll on and off the throttle and you can really feel it. No delay.

Also, every time I'm backing out of my driveway or a parking space, it just feels like an annoying, clunky process. You have to wait until the car is completely stopped before you push it into drive. Much more fluid with a manual.

I'll probably put up with this for another 3-4 years and then go back to a proper transmission. *sigh*

>drive friend's automatic
>figuratively sweat as I drive
holy shit what do i do i have to come to a stop and there's no clutch pedal

.etc. etc feels weird for the first 5 minutes getting used to it again

driving an auto
hand keeps fidgeting with the shifter for no real reason

I originally learned on a manual (parents wouldn't pay for drivers ed if I didnt) but have had one manual since, and it was only for a few months. Just got another manual and will be hopefully using that as my DD.

>holy shit what do i do i have to come to a stop and there's no clutch pedal

when I was like 10 and we had an automatic car for a while I always thought it puts a lot of wear on the transmission when the car is held at a stop only by pressing the brake and not being put in P or N and even cringed when it was several minutes.

ignorant or misinformed autism is worse than normal autism.

Just fondle your junk. It's one of the few benefits of an autotragic with regards to phun