/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB45)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?31957

>Datamine (OB45)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-45-datamining-zenith-lawman-cards-oracle-and-lex/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM
youtube.com/watch?v=UYHXUylYJy8
youtube.com/watch?v=a3egbaw-VK4
i.4cdn.org/vg/1489475826335.png
youtube.com/watch?v=aHHkhDGjPN4
paladins.guru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to polish Fernando's armor!

*farts in your post*

What is best legendary for Skye?

the one that makes her viable

>take wyrm jets

thats exactly what i had and he still easily beat me in every 1v1

androxus is the only hard counter to drogoz

yeah, if you don't take fusillade and land EVERY direct an Androxus that wants a Drogoz dead will make it happen
at that point your only hope is sticking close enough to your team that they fend him off before he shreds you apart

if you want to pretend to do actual flank things pick preparation
if you want to be absolute cancer for one person at a time on the enemy team and dead the rest pick debilitate
if you want to be absolute cancer for your entire team pick surprise attack

>tfw you carry hard

which of makoa's legendary cards do i use? i'm thinking either the default one or the extra health

Meeeeeeee.

10th for when are they nerfing the fucking lizard?

Pluck's good if you can hook, half-shell is good if your team is willing to focus fire on the murder pit you drag people into.

Half Shell will let you have much better games unless your aim is super good with his gun, then in that case use the default one.

The HP one is utter crap, to use the half shell you need to use a shield build of course.

git gud

>tfw duo queue with a drogoz/bk main who is same elo as you (2750)

Best voice line.

Now if only I could actually use her worth a damn.

I use Half Shell because I feel it makes his shield actually usable. When you use the shield normally you can't fight at all so you're either going to use it to stall for time alone or use it to protect your teammates, with half shell you can continue to fight and use it to protect yourself.

and even then he can just reflect or dodge

its like a scout vs demo fight

Damn I just bought Preparation for Skye and I got the best game I've ever had on her. That was worth the investment.

Can I get a quick rundown on how to build Buck and what leggos to run?

Whatever cards you use doesn't matter, all you need to do is listen to this nonstop while playing

youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

Leg day is a must, at least level 3, then you can decide between the others, you will want some CD reduction on the recovery and lifesteal, maybe a couple points on the card that increases jump distance.

WRONG

youtube.com/watch?v=UYHXUylYJy8

you have to listen to the whole thing while playing
pause it in menu sections/ when you're dead
youtube.com/watch?v=a3egbaw-VK4

Thanks senpai, first Buck game was a victory. Had a good time with him.

HERE'S THE WINDUP

Next patch, since all the whales already got the new skin.

Can you use a microphone in this game? It only just dawned on me that I've never actually heard someone speaking.

>Best voice line.
Reminder to never google for pictures of her voice actor.

nope, part of that hirez quality game design

if they add in a mic they will be forced to address the failure that is skye

>her voice actor
>her
>actor
uhhh I'll just take your word on that one

Not what I meant.

>tfw you don't mind the lack of voice chat since you don't know russian anyway, and get paired with cyka blyats all the time

>file no longer exists

i.4cdn.org/vg/1489475826335.png
Yes it does.

Nice.

So... There is DLC up on the Playstation store for Paladins. You can spend I dunno, $100 for crystals.

But I can't find the game. Is this a fluke or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=aHHkhDGjPN4

so this.... is the power.... of controller aim....

I think you need a beta key to play on PS4

Actually I use a mouse and keyboard. I just have Autism.

I already mentioned this once.
That's the kind of people who complain about Maeve being too fast and too hard to hit.

maybe this is why the mean of elo rankings is tilted so far to the left

...so Hi Rez is selling DLC for tons of cash to their CLOSED beta testers?

What the fuck?

To be fair, they are selling the same thing on PC. It would be dumb if consoles didn't get all the same features as PC

Why does this guy talk like he doesn't care about anything?
Is this the effect of crippling depression?

Why is Barik so much fun?

Because he's balanced

I just saw Fernando getting headshotted by Kinessa through his shield.
I'm kind of done.

I'm seriously about to quit this game. Every like 3 out of 4 games I can tell its a loss right from the beginning based off the team and it just makes me so salty man. I have never played a game with a more retarded community. The worse is losing a match because no one got cauterize even though you said if they don't we'll lose. Its crap like that tells me this game isn't worth investing time in.

Is overwatch better?

>Is overwatch better?
No. There's no escape from this hell.
The only way is to get some friends and play with them.

t. person with reasonable game knowledge but no mechanical skill to support it

It's very much possible to carry a team of shitters if you're good enough. Also buy caut yourself.

Even then its only two people, maybe I'm spoiled I use to play pvp in world of warcraft and those guys actually take time to learn how to play.

In this game everyone has skill but no one knows the basics or fundamentals. It's irritating.

Yeah dude I want to play a game where the only fun is carrying a bunch of retards.

>person with reasonable game knowledge but no mechanical skill to support it
That me.
I wonder how it's gonna turn out when Lawman is out

I think that any buff to Fernando's hairdryer he calls a weapon will not cut it at this point. Either they fix shield bugs or Fernando stays dead.

Yeah, but that's an open beta, anybody can play it.

Who gives a fuck? It's a closed beta port of an open beta. Why is it okay to monetize in open beta but not closed beta?

wtf I never said that....

Are you pretending to be me? hahahaha dam dude I don't feel so bad anymore

I have Autism.

>wtf I never said that....
Strange things happen in threads at this hour. Either we turn in /palg/ay or into twilight zone.

I just got top damage in a match as Fernando

How? Just how? I did manage some nice multi fireballs with his fireball legendary but not enough that I should have been topping damage.

your team was probably garbage
I've seen people in the mid to high two thousand elos getting paired with barely one thousand elo babies
the match making system in this game is complete garbage

>It's another episode of Kinessa's F not working

Allright Lo-Rez you really want me to quit don't you?

>press q as drogoz
>prep gun for salvo
>left click
>shoot one rocket
>20 second cool down
fix your fucking game hirez

>play Pip
>your potion works half of the time
>play anyone else
>suddenly can't buy lvl 3 items
Are they doing it on purpose.

>load into game
>don't get to pick legendary card or card set
>just straight in, no legendary card and basic card set
th-thanks

>Graphics keep switching to the lowest settings randomly
HOW CAN A BUG LIKE THIS STILL EXIST AFTER 45 FUCKING PATCHES???

>graphics keep switching to the highest settings randomly
I have the PC that runs new games smoothly, but Paladins on highest settings make my computer nearly kill itself, so I would appreciate if it would stop happening.

do people stop playing like retards once you get into competitive?

No.

d-do they at least remember to buy items?

they're moving in on our boy

Try pressing U the next time that happens.
As long as you don't leave the spawn you can press U to go through the loudout selection process again.

How do you figure out ELO?

When people talk about elo they are referring to the rating given to you by paladins.guru

paladins.guru/

Sometimes it's better to not buy any items at the start of the match and gauge what item is the most important to get, since every match is different.

Sometimes you have a healer and don't need to worry about taking Life Rip, other times you need to rush it first thing to stay alive. You might see 2 frontliners and think Wrecker is the way to go only to find neither one is using their shield much and Cauterize would really have been the proper choice.

I'm not saying every person who doesn't buy an item is thinking like that because certainly half of them are idiots who just forgot (or buy Bulldozer for no reason) but there are people who have legitimate reasons for not buying items right away.

It never ends.

First 5-10 competitive matches are the even worse but it gets better when you climb rating. Way better

there is no good reason to not pick up master riding at the very least, alternatively chronos depending on your character

>People saying Maeve accent is french

Wtf she doesn't sound french at all

They can have him.

You mean Elo, It's not an acronym, at least not the one referring to a rating system.

>Sometimes it's better to not buy any items at the start of the match

There is literally never a situation where this is applicable. You can already see the enemy comp & their loadouts to get a good idea of what you need to buy. Even then, there are items that can be bought regardless of comp that always benefit you.

It's definitely supposed to be French.
It sounds forced though.

it sound more german imo (i'm french)

I'm pretty sure it obviously sounds like a "supposed to be a french accent even though it's not what a French accent actually sounds like" to anyone who isn't French.

Yea I'm french too and I think it sounds german lol

See Maeve has a fairly distinctive "supposed to be french" accent.

What does TF2 Medic's accent sound like to you compared to Maeve's?

TF2 Dubbing in french is pretty good, so he sounds german.
Even in english he sounds german.

Sooooooo why don't you guys just play Team Fortress?

Because I wanted a bit of Dota in my TF2

>Dead Fortress 2
lol?

Gays and Robots not allowed

Because I tried it and it's the laggiest piece of shit game I've ever played, the menus are some of the worst I've ever seen in any game ever.

>the menus are some of the worst I've ever seen in any game ever
Probably has something to do with the game being 10 years old.

>Have 80+ people on friends list
>All from random requests after casual matches
>Haven't played a single partied game with any of them ever

Because i like paladins, it's a pretty good game, i love every champions equally even tought some are flawed or straight up broken and because i enjoy simply playing the game for fun to win
I also have 1000 hours on tf2 and i stopped playing because i started getting bored because they refuse to add new weapons and balance the existing one, because they have the most greedy cosmetic systems ever with both RNG AND Price when they have tons of cosmetic item that are not wore by the community. I cringe when i see someone complains about OW and Paladins lootbox/RNG because honestly it's nothing compared to tf2 2$ key to open a crate that will most of the time give you a useless weapon that just count your kills. Those crate are random drop too compared to paladins & ow lootbox each level/buyable lootbox and then you have nothing to pay for.

What about desperate bisexuals?
Btw Inara calls Bolt a 'robot'

>tfw strange blutsauger, kritzkrieg and ubersaw for medic