/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Come visit the Empire edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Taleworlds will be at E3 2017:
e3expo.com/show-info/3198/e3-2017-participating-companies/

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/m8UDSqYp

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

>OFFICIAL PoP Lorebook
mediafire.com/file/p29dy73cftd197j/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(regular_edition).pdf
mediafire.com/file/3ffn0odaaqfgq4q/Prophesy_of_Pendor_The_Complete_Lore_(alternate_edition).pdf

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!sFAGRbTT!WL4CizFMfz1vk9px0825k21w7D_woEGIow03nGTtQPg
steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband/announcements/detail/563352991951545574
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>tfw still waiting

Opinions and suggestions

Third for Bannerlord and Mordhau

when will this stupid fucking game come out

A no melee faction seems useless in warband.
Then again mass sharpshooters are a thing in native and mass guns in geko too so eh

It's not non-melee. They do have backup weapons, of course, but the novelty would be that they are old-timers from a now-nonexisting empire and they are still clinging to some keeps.

anyone here tried Warsword Conquest, did you enjoy it?

Oh almost forgot.
Pastebin got updated with TextureAnon textures for Caribbean and Phantasy
Link to the PCG april issue leak has been added

playing a tweaked version yeah lad fuckin sick

empire looks a lot like Turkey

download link pls

mega.nz/#!sFAGRbTT!WL4CizFMfz1vk9px0825k21w7D_woEGIow03nGTtQPg

still has shit performance but it's a lot of fun, don't expect it to be well balanced tho, some races are just straight up shitter than others. Goblins is truly hardmode.

why is warband downloading a 90MB update
the steam news page doesn't say anything

Maybe they added higher textures they promised weeks ago? idk

New patch lads

nice

>namefags
>in MY mbg

Nice, I can die happy now.
>Oh wait, I still haven't played Bannerlord.

>Get quest from King to train 9 new recruits up to veterans.
>Do it
>Cannot find the king anywhere
>Find out he's held captive across the map,

Well, now what do I do?

save his ass

fuck his ass

when is Calradia Blood and Steel 1870 coming out

Is there any way to bring back vanilla items in Floris Expanded? Also how to change the titles back to vanilla ones as well? I prefered when most leaders were called kings and their vassals had only one title instead of the clusterfuck there is in Floris.

Did you know Nords are fucking niggers? Lmao their cities and equipment is quite literally centuries behind everyone else. No wonder I always see them getting erased

REEEE

>Hi-res textures from console release

Is there a way to break someone out of a prison without fighting?

your best bet is to bribe villagers in the neighboring village to start a fire during the night (around midnight) on the next day, and try to break in the castle. you will still have to fight but there will be less guards due to the fire

Yes, just siege the castle.

Babylonia for bronze one obviously

I'm having constant BSOD's from Mount & Blade, and it seems it's through... overheating? I don't understand. Has anyone else had this? Every "normal", current-generation game runs just fine, and the machine isn't overclocked or anything.

Yes it's only downside is lack of Diplomacy mod so it's a massive pain in the ass to garrison towns and shit looking armor for vampires.

Also Pirate Kingdom and Araby are literally who factions no one asked for I can understand Kislev since it's meant to be a buffer zone but who the fuck needs some pirates?

>those dangly things
byzantium the cutest!

Is horse archer build viable?

Most OP build in Native.

guess who turkey took their clay from

Warsword Conquest has some balance issues and weird choices

>Beastmen archers turn into javelin throwers at the highest tier aka melee unit like mid tier Nords from vanilla effectively meaning you don't have any fucking ranged support
>Beastmen have better cavalry than Orcs
>Orcs have better cavalry than Kislev
>Warriors of Chaos have better cavalry than fucking Bretonnia aka dedicated cavalry spam faction
>Ogre Leadbelchers are OP as fuck
>Khornate units have less damage and HP than Undivided
>there are flat out inferior choices such us Pit King who is a shittier Nurgle Crusher or Orc Berzerka being shittier Veterrun Black Orc

also Vampire Counts barely have any vampires and it's hard to get Blood Knights instead you most likely will end up with literally who Hell Knights no one asked for

Is there any mod that let's me play as a Jew manipulating others into wars for my profit?

Map kinda done. Need some touch ups. Currently editing in Cartographer.

I expect to release at least an alpha in the weekend.

Black dots are Towns, White are castles.
Factions will not be "balanced", but expect lesser factions to not die soon™.

Starting wars will be (WIP)
France-Iberia
France-HRE
HRE-Iberia
Babylon-Scythians

Claims:
Slavs-HRE
Slavs-Roma

Babylon-Iberia
Roma-China
France-China
Scythia-Iberia

Why the technological level disparity? How the fuck is anything supposed to compete with modern age?

armenians?

i hope its more style differences than stats

It's modern, not contemporary. They will have more realistic muskets and pistols, so they will be most effective against some kinds of armour, not all. Besides, reloading time and accuracy. Of course, the player can field only musketeers and get away with it. The AI won't do this.

And I will look on how to get more troops for specific factions, as I want the more ancients to be more populated.

Also, I was thinking of everyone getting the same tech level, with a few more advanced and some less, but everyone with gunpowder of some kind.

please add dem Landsknetch and Zweihander swords

>Get two Qualis Gems in PoP.
>Guide says "it's better to spend them on rune weapons lad, noldor weapons and troops are too precious and expensive".
>Mid game so I decide to follow what the guide says and get the Rune Sword.
>A few in-game days later I find a Noldor War Sword and two top tier ebony knight bullshit swords wich are all straight up better and around 5k.
Just fuck my shit up. I could be having a field day with noldor archers right now, and instead I have a shitty sword that I ended up giving to one of my companions.

That's the plan, with half-swording as well.

I don't want to add too much new items though. I will do some recolouring and things like that to the native assets.

I have to get back to work now. But any suggestion is welcome, I'm gonna leave this open so I can make a note if anyone does.

Memeknecht with no actual military achievements and memehander worse halberds.

What are good tactics for offensive sieging?

f1 f3

80% archers 20% infantry with shields
have troops wait outside of the walls
shield infantry in front of archers to absorb enemy projectiles
when you and your troops run out of ammo walk to the scene edge and Leave Area to avoid casualties from retreating

repeat until all enemies are dead

>siege
>tactics

But my companions will get pissed for fleeing

leaving by the scene edge doesn't count as retreating in vanilla

Your objection is noted, now fall back in line

I seriously hope you picked sword with piercing swings
Also bows are better

If you kill lots of people without much loss losses, they generally don't care, and the morale you gain will compensate as well.
With high surgery, this is pretty easy.
Even in a Rhodok v. Rhodok fight, I'm losing 10 guys, they lose 90.

This game is so annoying

Played it on PC years ago but bought it on PS4 and shit is so tedious

You can literally be killed and your army lost at a moments notice how is this fun?

Im a swadia vassal but my shitty village is constantly raped

And I'm always low on money and its impossible to find people on quests and shit is so tedious

Ugh I know right? It's not like in Skyrim where you are godlike within 2 hours and can't be killed by anything unless you go AFK.

Hopefully Bannerlord will have less autism

Download dickplmocy (or nealry any mod) and for the rest just git gud. Mods come standard with battle continuation that does not end the fight once you go down. Dickplomacy is just Native+.
Money stuff just means you are playing wrong, caring about your shitty village means your playing wrong.

>ps4
>mods

Im still testing them, hesitating between the insane 113 speed of the top-tier knight sword and the sweet sweet piercing damages of the noldor war sword.
But even with the one-handed speed penalty, it seems like the Noldor War sword is where it's at. It's slower but has much greater range and damage. Perfect for beating the shit out of knights.
Now I only need a castle and/or a city to be able to take on those 200+ armies.

I got the something something manifest bow early on, wich is completely insane with ranger arrows. Maiden crossbow is also surprisingly good desu, lots of damages, reload time isn't an issue and you can use it on horseback. Im shit at aiming though.

Stay behind your army until you're around level 10 and have good armor and weapons. Even then you should never be in first line in vanilla WB.

>played it on pc years ago
What, did you lose your copy?
>playing on console
literally self-inflicted wounds

so this is what the march blog will be about
Good job ginge
steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband/announcements/detail/563352991951545574

You lose renown, honor and morale for doing that in PooP

>something something manifest bow
leave and don't come back until you re-read ALL the lore

When will Bannerlord be released?

never

>the console version
oh top kek i forgot that happened

why would you ever

>leave and don't come back until you re-read ALL the lore
>re-read ALL the lore
Silly user, I can't re-read it if I've never read it.

>Played it on PC years ago but bought it on PS4 and shit is so tedious

>>>/OUT/

Is there a point to feasts that I am missing or is it a waste of time as I suspect?

>no new bannerlord info!!!!
what the pc gamer article wasn't enough?

>free relations with everyone in your kingdom
dumb casul

They haven't read it and probably won't.

>insane 113 speed
Literally all sapphire weapons have higher speed

Whenever there is a feast, there is a tournament. If you are trying to build relations with lords, they are all in one place to pick up quests. If you want to marry a lady, they show up at feasts. If you are a ruler, it increases your relation with your lords.

>Get captured
>taken halfway across the world
>Escape finally after losing all my shit
>make my way back and challanged to a fight by some dick with a 100+ strong army
>Taken prisoner again.

This game really boils my piss sometimes

>89MB of Hi-res textures

But Ginge I thought it took this long because you needed a store listing on steam

You fucking liar you could have personally pushed this out in under an hour

at least you didn't get raped

even the noldor runesword does

>tfw no pure nordic waifu

> If you are a ruler, it increases your relation with your lords.
It doesn't if you are a vassal?

are you really telling him how to do his work? are you a professional in the field?

>escape a second time
>fife is getting raided right as I arrive home
>Count Knobscratch attacks me 1vs68
>taken prisoner for 3rd time

Fuck. my. Ass

Oh it probably does. I just never payed attention because I was to busy busting people out of prisons and pawning off my elite troops. You also need to be married to host your own feast I think.

I won't have a third qualis gem until I can take down unique spawn, and since I only own a village I don't have enough men to take them down.
So for the time being the runesword is kind of a waste.

He told me those were the requirements and why we were waiting

Yes I am, I could have released this update in an hour weeks ago

maybe you shouldn't read guides if you are too autstic to count to three then

DELET

Frank whaddup my ginga

attrition, make sure they lose more than you

>First gem in Rane.
>Second in Brotherhood Hideout.
>Can't get a third one unless I beat and ransom a unique spawn army.
First gem was used on brother Randalf to get the location of the Al-Aziz mines, second was given to the weapon merchant to get the Rune Sword. I need a third gem+wine(easiest part) to upgrade my Rune Sword into ruby/emeral/sapphire.

Im pretty sure I counted right user.

Escape system should totally be expanded upon
For example you should get choice to abandon your shit and escape naked or try to get your shit back or maybe even steal saddle horse from them
All with their risks and shit obviously
Maybe even make it so groups like bandits will just steal your shit and not bother with kidnapping you
Some way to hide yourself while one enemy territory would be nice too

Also what the fuck Google

For now, I'm including PTI. Diplomacy and the new Character Creation Screen. I don't want AI Bash and kicking because I want huge battles, and that amounts to lag.

Any good script you guys think I should implement?