Went to test a car at a dealership

>went to test a car at a dealership
>salesman stays in the car for the test drive
What the hell is this? In the other cars I've bought before, ive always been allowed to drive alone.
Is it rude for me to go back and ask if I can drive in it alone? He didn't even talk about the car during the test drive and kept talking about other pointless shit.

Depends on the sales dude. I have had them come along and not. I don't really care either way.

Happened to me the other day. Not sure if it's because I'm young and they thought I was just trying to get a joy ride or if it's because it was a manual truck and they want me to be careful with a manual transmission because I'm a burger and nobody can drive manual here?

>ive always been allowed to drive alone.
I test-drove a lot of cars, and never once didn't have a salesman ride along. Why would you care?

It's to make sure you don't steal it. That's normal.

Tyrone?

What? I always thought it was normal for them to come along?

some dealerships require salesman to sit with customer. depends on the managment.
That being said, I have never been to dealership that let you test drive alone. well once, when i test drove s2000 about 8years ago, salesman gave me the keys and said "have fun".

If you're really interested in buying, ask for another salesperson because you felt disrespected. He will lose his commission

why should you be allowed to drive it alone? that makes no sense

are you black?

OP is a fag. No one is ever allowed to drive alone during test drives.

Even in movies & TV shows the salesperson always accompanies to try to schmoose you into buying the car.

"How about that engine, user? Go ahead, give it a rev?"
"What do you think about the spacious backseat Mrs. user? You could probably fit 2-3 kids back here on long road trips."

T-Thanks for the test drive Scotty.

The run your license to prevent theft so you are identified. This was a complete choice on the dealerships behalf because they probably want to talk over the sounds of the motor.

>test ride a motorcycle
>no passenger pegs
>saleman rides pillion regardless
>"you have such strong shoulder's user, I feel completely safe, you must be a hit with the ladies!"

I'm white
I've been allowed to drive a golf gti and a mustang gt alone during test drives before from other local dealerships and the car this just happened with was a BRZ

Whut?

I've tested quite a few cars, both with my father when we've been finding him cars, and just by myself (also trying to find him a new car), and I've always done the test drive alone

Also, I forgot to mention that the fucker kept putting the windows up after I'd put them down when it's 75 degrees out and sunny as shit.

>No one is ever allowed to drive alone during test drives.
When I bought my current car, they scanned my license and insurance info then they gave me the keys and said "have at it."

If the salesman had sat in the car with me and chatted me up, I would have felt a lot less inclined to buy it.

>Be me
>16 at the time
>Drive a pretty nice Honda for a 16 year old, have full beard as well
>go to a dealership for some maintenance work
>they keep pestering me to test drive the new model
>finally agree
>scan my license
>find out I'm 16
>tell me I have to be 18 to test drive
>ask if the salesperson will test drive it with me as a passenger
>they actually fucking agree since they already look stupid
>get driven around by some old saleswoman while I get my work done on my car
>lmao the entire way home

>test drive the 07 civic and 13 sonic i bought
guy doesnt come along allowing me to thrash the motherfucker to make sure it is a good car

>go test drive 04 subaru impreza sport
guy comes with me and cringes every time i bring the revs anywhere near redline, point out the car is crabwalking, "oh it just needs an alignment" and im sitting there going why didnt you do it then you cheap fuck

bought the newer nicer cars no problem and walked away from the subajew