/acg/ - Armored Core General: Nineball Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>I just feel my wind

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>I just feel my shine

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

This is my first time making this thread, pls no bully.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqsV1bmF4oY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E
youtube.com/watch?v=7kLPPUQyLNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Is it possible to play the PSP games online via Lan emulators and PPSSPP?

bump

Why do you guys keep coming back?

Because it's our duty as Ravens!

>SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

do the southerners still go to those kind events? Like nascar? I heard they went a bit of deficit in profit.

Celebrating the new season?

You better believe it. Just last semester, I was eating at Buffalo Wild Wings with a friend and one of their TVs had a monster truck rally going.
Yeah, there's even a package deal with PPSSPP and Last Raven Portable floating around somewhere. I think it's in one of Irregular Raven's videos.

But nobody pays you to do it

>nobody pays you to do it
REMOVE IRREGULAR remove irregular

bump

rip

Best version of Cosmos or best version of Cosmos?

youtube.com/watch?v=oqsV1bmF4oY

new fucking game when

Found it.
youtube.com/watch?v=3PKgcbOOK1E
Far and away the best version.

I prefer the original, and I love the slow and calm part at 1:40, the other remixes still have it, but is no the same

youtube.com/watch?v=7kLPPUQyLNA

ded game

ded thred

we are not ded, we here after all.

Just because we're here doesn't mean we're not ded.

/acg/ is mass grave.

ARMORED CORE WILL RETURN YOU HERETICS

*blocks your path*

*pulverizes your general with ease*

Why don't we just make our own AC game?

hell yea. It aired some episodes when I was 12 on my local animax channel. Shit was cash. Then rewatching it along with some CCS made my enjoyable weekend a bliss

If I ever get to the land of free, you better bring me to the monster truck event. That, or your state food fair.

Patrician taste

there is that user making a clone version, I'm not sure he's posting anymore at AGDG.

This pic needs a gen 3 fag in the background

>implying gen 1 isn't the best

>those awful controls and cheap bosses

So I'm emulating the original 3 AC games on the PSP. Haven't run into any problems so far. I hear that the PSP runs them native, instead of needing emulator hardware.

Gotta say, it's pretty impressive. Controls take getting used to.

Do they play any differently on PSP? Any reason to try it that way instead of emulating on PC?

What cheap bosses?

Like I said, the PSP seems to emulate them natively, so there's no weird emulator glitches like I've heard PPSSPP have. Can't say for sure until I beat them all though.

bump

>tfw just completed MoA
That final battle was intense. Now I just need to finish all the side missions.

Good job user!

>there were only like 4 missions left to complete
>already done
>beat all the arenas before doing the final mission
I feel empty now. I wasn't ready for these feels. Maybe I'll restart from AC1 and do a Human Plus playthrough with a meme build.

That's kind how I feel right now after finishing AC3 and getting the MOONLIGHT and Karasawa. I got a bunch of missions left but I don't really have any motivation to do them. And I kinda do want to get 100% completion before starting Silent Line...

>Animax

Man I owe that channel for a couple of gems I would have never know they existed, mostly for Mushishi.

>dat emblem

I love how FROM doenst mind some diversity on the emblems across the whole franchise.

I only ever played 4 and For Answer and wanted to beef up my Armored Core knowledge. So I found a local "retro" games store and they had a huge PS2 library. Managed to snag a copy of Armored Core 3, and Last Raven. Then I went to GameStop (yeah, yeah. They were cheaper) and got V and Verdict Day on the 360.

What do I play first? I have 4 and For Answer. 4 was pretty clunky for me and I can only imagine the PS2 ones are even clunkier. I also feel like if I play V and VD first I'll spoil myself.

The retro store also has a copy of Silent Line for sale online so I'm ordering it.

What else should I buy? I know people say 2 is a good entry point. Should I got back to 2 or try to get the prequels to Last Raven (Nexus and Nineball i think)?

This is a training mech. Gimme a head design for it.

Whoobs

Maybe a sort of dome head with a monoeye and an antenna on the side?

Haven't gotten there yet myself, but I think you can import saves throughout most of the AC3 line of games, so you might want to read up on that and make sure you're playing them in the right order before you start any of them. Also, the PS1 games are still worth playing, you should consider those too at some point.

We're pretty much the only 360 players here, if you want to get into multiplayer you need to get the games on PS3. I'm down for some coop or something though whenever you get around to playing Verdict Day.

giving the desing maybe something boxy or helmet like.

It's crude but like this, maybe?

Something like that would probably look good.

Are you that user that is making the armored core-like game with the arena full of enemies or is this another thing altogether?

I think you should try all of them if possible and then start by playing the one you liked the most, then focus on doing the series in order. It's what I did and it worked well.

Not sure how to do heads, really

I think you're thinking of Project M. This is another thing altogether. There are TWO anons making 3D mech games, so buckle your seatbelts.

Or just play it in order cause that makes some references to previous games work better

Awesome man! Keep posting here to update us on your progress! How is the gameplay going to be like? Do you have something in mind already?

I'm going for Armored Core but a bit more CUHRAAAAZY thrown in. I'm trying to play to both extremes of the mecha genre and have the really insanely fast mechs alongside the really slow, bulky mechs with a veritable arsenal of equipment. This is acceptible because there is NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER planned. I'm just one guy making this so that is essentially development suicide. However, there is LOCAL MULTIPLAYER planned so feel free to have a buddy come over and blast some badies with you.

In terms of actual gameplay, I'm basically using AC:FA as my inspiration and going from there. It boils down to locking on to things and shooting them until they die. Quick boosting is in and I plan to have a dedicated flight mode with an alternate control scheme for maneuvering around the map without having your weapons ready. Sort of like "sprinting" in Call of Duty but much faster and with slightly more depth to it. If you've played Kingdom Hearts 2, I also plan to have a sort of "Reaction Command" system in which the player receives context-sensitive prompts when certain things happen during the fight.

One reason it's taking me so long to develop is because I'm trying to create a robust animation system that allows for full customization of the mechs without sacrificing design integrity. There are 4 body parts that you can choose from (Head, Torso, Arms, Legs) and 4 Weapons slots you can fill (2 Shoulder weapons and one in each hand). I plan to include "super weapons" that occupy multiple weapon slots but with the bonus of having unique and/or powerful abilities and attacks. For example, you could sacrifice both shoulder weapons for additional thrusters for more speed, or sacrifice one shoulder and one arm slot for a gigantic laser cannon.

If your game is good and you put it on steam, I promise I'll buy it on day 1.

cont.

One of the challenges with having such expansive customization is that you are limited in your scope when it comes to the type of parts you want to design. I've done a ton of research into the problem and have come to the conclusion that yes you can share animations between a robot with long, lanky arms and a robot with short, chunky arms but it takes a fuck ton of work beforehand. That training mech you see is a milestone in the process because it represents the first mech that conforms to the bone structure the lies behind-the-scenes. From this, I can design any sort of mech and have it operate the same as long as I can "puppet" it with this bone structure. This translates to LOTS OF CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE PLAYER.

One of the things the Project M dev is doing is a shortcut where he (or she, I don't know them that well) is using a base armature and just designing armor that fits those slots based off size. This cuts down on complexity but also sacrifices freedom in design.

Anyways, there's a bunch more shit to get hype about. I've been doing research on theoretical super weapons, robotics, theoretical physics, etc. and using artistic license to turn them into insane boss fights and missions for the player to experience. You play as a member of a four man squad and go out on missions which can range from taking down some sort of superweapon installment, to fighting one, two, or several enemy mechs. I also have already made progress on a lot of side missions (that take the form of bounty hunts) to go alongside the campaign.

There's a lot more planned but I either want to keep it under wraps or not even mention it at this point because it's so far off and in the "idea stage" that it's most likely to get cut.

Thanks user. I don' t want to turn /acg/ into my progress blog but I'll be sure to at least shill my demo when it drops.

Unfortunately I don't have a PS3. I mainly bought them for the single player experience anyways, but thanks user. If there's multiplayer achievements maybe I"ll hit you up.

I don't think I'll ever play the PS1 ones but I'll at least start with AC3 and then try to get my hands on Silent Line. Then Go Nexus -> Ninebreaker -> (both of which I need to hunt down a copy) -> Last Raven.

And then I guess finish up with V -> VD.

Good night /acg/. Please don't 404. ;~;

You don't have to worry about shilling it. If you accidentally posted it here, we could look the other way while accidentally clicking on the link itself. Wink wink.

I spent so much effort S-ranking all missions in 3 for a very minor dopamine rush. It's not even that difficult, just tedious. LR on the other hand...

Bump

Boop

the deep-sea fish loves you forever

Are you gonna add an Arena mode?

>ded game
>ded thread
>ded fandom

Only the outcast of the animal kingdom will show some love to us.

If by Arena you mean the modes across the series where you challenge other mechs to gain rank, then that it sort of covered by my side mission / bounty hunter content. I have my own ideas for that sort of content and don't really want to copy that from Armored Core verbatim.

If for some reason you mean local 1v1 versus in an actual arena, I may do that at some point but as it stands I only really plan for Co-op.

>Hey kid, wanna become a Raven?
Lewd

Wouldnt Great Wall better for this, since it from GA? of course at FA time, BFF became the bitch of GA.

Gimme cool fictitious company names.

So far I only have LH for Liemann-Holtz

You can always take the easy way out and use greek letters as names like Omega Corporation for example.

Do you guys think there will be Souls references in the next AC game? Elite Knight helm head part? Smelter demon miniboss?

>next AC game

user....

my best guess is ramdom pilot with a the colors and emblem of X character.

Probably an emblem or something.

If anything, Souls references AC more.

rip

>mfw people fall for the controllers lies

>he doesn't use reverse grip
It's like you don't want to be one of the big sniper quads.