/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Thought they were still fighting the tutorial boss:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

First for dragon things.

I'm sort of surprised that you can still find players in DaS2, I guess RtD is still active.

Remember that item next to that fire-breathing statue in the very beginning of the level? And remember when you turned off all the fire-breathing statues in the area at the top of Eygil's Idol?

Try going back and exploring the area near the Last Giant after grabbing that item.

First for qtest Soulstuber

Well. Yes. Community engagement is what keeps games alive once the dev content inevitably dries up.
This either manifests itself in the form of multiplayer or modding content.

Since modding is basically out of the question beyond texture swaps with this being a hardcoded nip game made for consoles, what other alternative would you suggest?

souls games are staples of vidya culture. So I'm going through them. Ds1 is a master piece but I don't feel like replaying anytime soon unless I have to. Based on your reply I'll just do ds2

>game with the worst selection of bosses introduces a mechanic that lets you rematch them as many times as you want
>game with the best selection of bosses removes this mechanic
fuck Miyazaki

>worst game has all the fun weapons

kill me right now. Mizazaki just hates fun

I don't know why people hated bonfire ascetics so much
I liked the idea of fighting against my favorite boss again without the need to go through the whole game again

Where's a shop I can buy resins at in dark souls 2

>liking Plagiarizing Nintendo Fanboy

That sounds like the one place I've been trying to figure out how to get to since I started playing this game

in that area you can summon people who don't own the DLC
SotFS?
you can find the key in the pit with the fire lizards in the forest of fallen giants

Literally nobody hated ascetics. They were removed because Miyazaki is biased against 'gamey' mechanics like that in his RPGs. He only included respeccing begrudgingly because BAMCO made an issue of that feature reappearing.

He's hot tho

all over the place i think
>Felkin sells Dark Resin
>Vengarl sells Lightning Resin
>Gilligan sells Magic Resin and Bleed i think
>Magerold sells Fire
>Gavlan sells poison

eh. He's a 7/10 at most.

>Community engagement is what keeps games alive

For PvPfags.

Since taking the time to read the things you're responding to is apparently beneath you I'll reiterate that I'm a PvEfag. I play these games a million times in a million ways and fighting other people is ancillary to me.

7's a lot when the average user is a 3 at best

>that webm
I fucking hate those rafters so much

Vaati wouldn't stand out in a crowd, that's all you have to know.

Let's be serious here.

The only worthwhile online mechanics are messages and Co-op. Everything else is just extra fluff used to extend your playtime.

Each to their own, but 7? He has aryan god genes, is Aussie af, and is one of relative few attractive people into vidya, let alone lore and shit.

>is ancillary

*isn't ancillary

you need the iron key to enter that room
it's located in the first room of iron keep, in front of the fire breathing bull statue
after you turn off the fire right before the old iron king boss battle you can grab the key safely

alternatively you can go to forest of fallen giants and drop into the pit if you're wearing the silvercat ring or the flying feline boots

>He has aryan god genes

He's an Australian with dark hair.

The Aryans were light-haired sandniggers.

Bosses are fluff that extends your playtime
Enemies are fluff that extends your playtime
Areas are fluff that extends your playtime
Loot is fluff that extends your playtime
Weapons, spells, combat mechanics, content are all just fluff that extends your playtime.

Did it ever cross your mind that the player goes into a game looking for playtime?

>he doesn't enjoy invading and fucking over casuals just trying to get through the game
If you're not being an asshole to other people over the internet at every opportunity, then you don't belong on Veeky Forums.

get the fuck out of here, Vaati. Hope you get stung by a poisonous spider, you stupid cunt

Looks like a blondie to me, at least in his vids. I don't think anyone using the word "aryan" is referring to the original meaning. Makes you wonder wtf Addie was on when he applied the term to nordic folk.

Spoidahs boite, not sting, and they're venomous, not poisonous ya shitcunt

Then what are you complaining about? If you can get unlimited enjoyment from playing the same game over and over again then good for you but you're in the minority.
Nobody's forcing you to deal with pvpfags but it doesn't change the fact that they're going to be the main thing keeping people playing after the last DLC drops.

This is the first build in which I've seen more than 1 cheater. I don't get what's so fun about it tho, at least in PVP.

heh....
git gud, kid....
>points down
nothin personelle...

pls explain. It's 2 am and I have the sleepy dumbs

machine gun follower javelin?

Which chime or talisman is best for throwing Lightning spears in DS3?

Canvas or Sunlight talisman for the weapon art. Lets you cast without being interrupted. Canvas is stronger, but Sunlight has slightly stronger anti-stagger

why do clerics throw lightening spears?
wtf?

these enimease are retarded

I should make a coldsteel build, but it wouldn't work at all with the face.
Yup, didn't know that existed.

I want to go full Chaos in Dark Souls. What are the closest armors to this in the series?

When TRC comes out, you should make "Lord Trump" and use the Wall Shields. I'm sure you won't be the only one.

Black Knight Armour, I think.

Trying this again, does anyone on PC have 5-10 minutes to spare to help me scum/dupe some items? I need to make +0 versions of some weapons so that I can upgrade them on this character and can still have +0s to mule/twink onto new characters. You'll get to keep copies of the stuff I need to dupe.

damn now i wanna cum in that.

Anybody on PC want to Co-op Deacons? I'm playing a pure int build, and I can't scratch them.

Pass is dsg.

That's why I haven't done stuff like adolf hitler. I don't have the DLCs anymore.

On another story, I got a dark sword + shield user, took half his estus before another guy invaded. He sat there and the guy tried attacking him so I attacked back, then he ran and I fought him again with him using the anime furry sword. I took the rest of his estus and he ran to summon a phantom, but didn't find any and ended up dying. A pretty nice compensation after the cheaters.
S-Sorry for the blog

Forgot to mention: anybody who wants to Co-op, just throw your sign down in front of the boss fog.

Gimme 2-3 minutes
Where do you want that sign?

Whats the best SL to invade cathedral, farron keep and Catacombs at?

SL40 with +4?

can I get watchdog action at the level?

In front of the boss fog, if that works for you.
Thanks user.

Is Friedes Great Scythe still a high tier /shit-eating PvP weapon, or can I use it without getting dirty looks?

Holy shit what enemy is that? I don't remember anything similar

>Then what are you complaining about?

Currently it's your lack of ability to comprehend the written word.

>Nobody's forcing you to deal with pvpfags

Except for the people who invite themselvves into my game to murder me, a fact that I'd think you'd have snapped to since you're asserting that invasions are the main reason for playing the game for most of the community, which I'll point out is a dubious claim.

You'll more likely get Watchdog action at SL25-30 with a +3 or +4 weapon. But who knows, I once got summoned as a Dorkmoon into Crucifixion Woods at SL50+8, might have been a NG+ host.

Thanks a bunch anons

>Except for the people who invite themselvves into my game to murder me
There's an extremely simple solution to that, you know.

sanctum priestess, from the crown of the sunken king DLC

I figured since you can invade SL36 as SL40 then it would be low enough?

People have stopped using it because they suck at it.

it pissed me off that you could only get the hat, I wanted a butt reevaling flower dress to go with it

To be honest, I don't know if Watchdogs can even invade into Farron Keep, which is why I said Crucifixion Woods. Of all the times I invaded as a purple into Farron Keep, I've never seen a Watchdog, whereas when I do the same in Crucifixion Woods there's almost always at least one Watchdog who comes to help me kill the host (or vice versa).

Thus my reasoning for the lower SL is that people are more likely to be lower SL when they enter in from Undead Settlement, as opposed to having grinded a few levels and then entered Farron Keep.

fair enough, SL30 +4 it is then (because boss soul weapons dont have +3 level)

guess I'll just have to 2hand constantly

I'll refer you back to:
>you're still trying to oversimplify what I'm saying so you can drop a "ur just not gud play offline."

The fact remains that if I want access to everything that DS3 has I have to play online or farm rare covenant items for an unreasonable amount of time. Sometimes I have to do both, like if I want DMB.

Would your response to "I hate the giant seed" be something along the lines of "just don't invade"?

>and fighting other people is ancillary to me
That... sucks.

If dueling wasn't a thing these games might actually be worse than Nioh.

DaS2 lore at launch would have been good and make a lot more sense if it never mentioned the flamelinking cycle, and was entirely about taking the mantle of a lord.

This is irrefutable

Dark souls is better offline, multiplayer was always a side benefit.

They're not the main reason to play the game. They're the main reason to keep playing the game after you're done with it. Not as bold of a claim as you might think.
Just turn offline on faggot, it takes 3 seconds to do and its completely infallible. The only thing you're missing on is a bunch of worthless catalysts & spells, a ring that's only good for invasions, and a miracle that you're gonna have to farm in single player anyway because the covenant is broken.

>If dueling wasn't a thing these games might actually be worse than Nioh.

I'm amazed at how many of the people who play these games don't actually seem to like them.

>Just turn offline on

That won't fix the design flaws that were introduced by catering to PvPfags.

That also doesn't answer the question I asked.

Would your response to "I hate the giant seed" be something along the lines of "just don't invade"?

>Filianore goes mad after you wake her up
>after the boss battle you receive the second half of Manus' pendant

So, you're complaining that a game that is designed from the ground up to include integrated multiplayer, is rewarding players who actually use the multiplayer component of the game.

If you're trying to be a completionist, then suck it up and participate in the multiplayer component of the game. Or use Collector's Edition. Otherwise, just accept that this aspect of the game is not going to change, and deal with it.

I am PVP god

>Finally find other Ultra user
>Hoping for fun duel, he's probably just as relieved to not be fighting a fast weapon run spammer
>Fight the most passive shitter in all my playtime
GODDAMMIT

Chester already had it idoit

>So, you're complaining that a game that is designed from the ground up to include integrated multiplayer, is rewarding players who actually use the multiplayer component of the game.

No, I'm complaining that a bunch of shit was locked behind PvP. DeS was designed from the ground up with integrated online and didn't have that issue. Bloodborne was designed with integrated online from the ground up and didn't have that issue.

It's not an issue that needs to exist.

There better be a UGS with DBS moveset in the last DLC

I think he's implying the Filianore is Marvelous Chester.

Say I want to do a peasant build/farmer cosplay. How fucked is my play through/pvp going to be using only fourplow, scythe, mallet, handaxe etc? Which "peasant" weapon could be considered best?

From didnt add the peasant items to the game

If people didn't need to participate in PvP in order to get the PvP rewards, then why would they PvP in the first place?

Lots of games have things that are locked behind PvP, it's a fact of life. It's not an issue, it's a deliberate design decision that was made to encourage people to PvP.

Dark Souls 2 is about the concept of the Curse.

The Undead are cursed to come back from death over and over, reliving their lives over and over.

The same is true for the world itself. Kingdoms rise and fall on the same spot and the First Flame dies and is reborn over and over.

Thats why I put it in quotes. I meant things a literal peasant could grab from their barn and fight with. For example the various shitty farm tools you can pick up in undead settlement.

was the datamined stuff the four legit bosses or not FUCK

I doubt they will be showing boss weapons on wednesday's stream

Plow is alright, use harpe for memetic value

I miss Vanilla DaS2.

I'm curious what giants seeds have to do with anything, and they're truly the least of PvP's problems.

Now how about you answer my question of what you would replace multiplayer with to ensue the longevity of the game since you vehemently believe that it has to reason to exist.

Are you even trying to make this game good from? How does this shit pass?

*no reason to exist

ban dark souls 2 posters when. ruins the general.

Every game has that. There's parts of Lost Izalith like that, not to mention all the missing textures in places like Lothric Castle, Carthus and ADP.

>Vanilla DaS2
Literally a worse gaming experience than Lords of the Fallen.

The difference is you don't need to kill bosses or clear areas 30 times to get an item. (Or in DS2, 150 times)

Rare loot drops ARE fluff that extends playtime.

lotf>das2

>Lots of games have things that are locked behind PvP

But the only games in the Soulsborne series where that's a thing are the games that Bamco had a hand in. It may be a deliberate design choice but it's a shitty one and that's why it's an issue.

>I'm curious what giants seeds have to do with anything

Probably because you didn't bother to read the string before jumping in.

>Now how about you answer my question of what you would replace multiplayer with to ensue the longevity of the game

When you put out a fire, what do you replace it with?

At that, is it really beyond your fucking comprehension that my issue is the covenant system and the shit locked behind it and not the invasion system itself? I don't have this problem with DeS or BB.

>banned from dark souls discord for rightfully calling out a manlet

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

>Did it ever cross your mind that the player goes into a game looking for playtime?
I don't. I buy mine for a few disinterested hours of noises making me feel good about myself before I move on to the next thing my flavor-of-the-week LPer is playing on YouTube.

>player character is always a manlet
>when will they learn