You're 16 with a fresh license and as promised your parents promise to buy you a new car

You're 16 with a fresh license and as promised your parents promise to buy you a new car.
Their only stipulation is it must be under 20k USD and must be off the lot new (no used or older models)

You have a strong interest in cars, but also understand that it must be practical.
What do you ask for?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=433083505
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453604696
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Base Mozda3 or Ford Focus

>Mozda

I'm retarded.

>$20000
With our taxes and fees I can basically get... this

Nissan Frontier

>mfw this happened to me
>mfw my car now in 2017 is heavier and with a smaller engine

>must be off the lot new

I'd probably just tell them to give me $5k to get a shitbox and to put the rest into the college fund.

This way you can come off looking like a responsible adult while getting more fun car like a miata or foxbody mustang

>implying they are letting their baby get a used death machine that doesn't have 4 dozen airbags in it

What a horrible waste of money my faggot parents are, I would be forced to get a base mozda3 instead of an accord coupe or mazda6 that's a year or two old instead

My parents gave me their broken Lexus ES300 when I turned 16. Fixed it for $400 in parts and sold it for $2000 when I graduated

If it absolutely has to be new, probably a Civic coupe or Mazda3 or something.

You're not going to get any car at that price point that isn't going to be some kind of a massive dissapointment, so it doesn't really matter anyways.

>miata
they don't want to find out your gay too

Subaru Impreza with a 5 speed

I amwhy oh why did they downgrade from the 2.5i to 2.0?
I get the same fuel economy more or less and all they did was make it fatter and less powerful.

>brand new
>20k or less

Pick one.

Seriously, i was in a similar situation just 3 months ago. Trying to find a cheap new car that i wouldnt absolutely hate. Ended up with a 17 base taco for 24k after taxes. I dont hate it, but i especially dont love it. You're better off getting a certified preowned thats 1-3 years old. For the same as a i paid for my truck, i couldve gotten a 2014-15 V8 challenger/camero/mustang. (Not saying those are great choices, but its a lot more than an I4 base truck.

Dacia Sandero

Dunno, probably a V6 Camaro? It'd be faster than any V8 Camaro or Mustang under the same budget, and the base model infotainment is better than in the Mustang. Could also go full community college dickhead and get an ST.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=433083505
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453604696

>your gay

his gay?

Tell your parents how terrible they are with money, and that you'd prefer a used car for $10k and the rest in a low-overhead index fund that pays dividends.
Explain to them the concept of compound interest.

$10000 invested in a fund that yields 10% p.a. over 20 years
= $67275

You can get the new Civic for under $20k and it's a great econobox

Man when I got my license I got a $500 shitmobile that was almost as old as I was but damn it I had a car and that was awesome.

>10% per year yield index fund
Wew lad

I'm just being conservative to avoid accusal of exaggeration.