/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
dropbox.com/s/vds7c1112p3fojg/Axebeard's CoM 1.0d tweaks.7z?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/iwoyzhu1w8dhuvy/Axebeards StCoM + OA 403 modpack v1a.7z?dl=0
letmegooglethat.com/?q=JSGME stalker
github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/download/v0.2.0/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat.zip
github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/tag/v0.2.0
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bRP8NrjmzELWFZX3VfYno2dUE
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Category:Articles
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

Reposting from last thread

Doing some tweaking on my CoM install. What parameter in items_cooking.ltx should I change to get more charges out of fuels like charcoal etc.?

Needing 1+kg of charcoal to roast some dogmeat is retarded.

The AI seems to have gone deaf and blind as well. Do I change that in m_stalker.ltx or actor.ltx?

4th for Illuminati stalkers

You should probably track down the tweak pack that gets advertised here and there and throw that in if you're just getting started; odds are it will handle a lot of the grievances you're going to soon run into as a newbie to CoM, especially your AI vision issues, shits wonky by default.

That said, easiest way to fix the cooking issue for yourself is to go into the coal item data and change the weights and monetary value of charcoal, charcoal2, and charcoal3 to suit your fancy.

>50% hp left
>run past a fruit punch anomaly at 1,5 meters
>instakill

I saw one in the repo, triples durability of knives for example. Are there more of them?

Addendum to my earlier post; cooking food is retarded in CoM anyway, the default prices for imported food like heinz beans and shit are crazy low (oversight?), so cooking is a massive waste of time and money unless you go in and boost the cost of imported, real food by a factor of 3x or more.

And yeah, that's one of them, CoC Tweaks 1.4, though it seems less beefy than I recall. The state of CoM mods is pretty ramshackle right now, scattered to the winds.

I figured that cooking your own food was the most basic thing you needed to do.

CoM brings some needed gear progression to CoC. I did a run using nothing but pistols and a trenchcoat and I finished the game, clearing all labs, in 9 in-game days.

I'll give it an in-game week and if it doesn't pick up I'll try again in a couple of months.

dropbox.com/s/vds7c1112p3fojg/Axebeard's CoM 1.0d tweaks.7z?dl=0

I don't know if this is up to date, I haven't seen axebeard in a couple threads, but this has a shitload of tweaks to pick and choose from.

And yeah, tell me about it, I spent an in-game week not even bothering to try buying food and hunting like a fool because I was so used to Misery 2.1, only to find that you can stuff your character full to bursting for less money than a magazine of 7.62x39.

As a hater of a CoM I have to say - with Axe's tweaks, and most notably, the new cooking device that lets you cook low-trier meat over fire the game starts too look pretty nice. Living off hunted meat with cigarettes/alcohol washing radiation down is viable(just disable health hit from eating cooked mutant meat). It has been one day in the zone and I already got myself larger knife and hunting kit, while having mutant food and cigarettes for a couple days. If you are used to casuality of CoC, don't like too much grind but still want some hobo phase - CoM with Axe's mods is a way to go.

And about that, does anyone using STCoM have issue with game crashing while trying to pick SVT-40 on npc repair screen? Log doesn't say much:

stack trace:

0023:05B22F7A xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05B22C9A xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05B1FE6F xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05B1F9AA xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05AF90CA xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05AF0884 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()

oh and
here are tweaks in case you want to use STCoM at later date
dropbox.com/s/iwoyzhu1w8dhuvy/Axebeards StCoM + OA 403 modpack v1a.7z?dl=0

Armstalker might be getting public servers soon.

anybody know how to get shaders working for AMK AE. I keep crashing on startup whenever I try to install them.

x64 xray is happening guys.
Finally, no more oom crashes.

Looking at installing some tweaks now, can I add OA + roadside picnic if I already have OA+STCoM+Fieldcraft?

No idea, I advise using JSGME for this shit, it's really easy to use and can save lots of time as there's no need to uninstall once you fuck something up.

Has someone made a new ModManager?

Where can I get it?

whats dis?

mod for arma 3

letmegooglethat.com/?q=JSGME stalker

Nigga it's 404, fix this shit TKGP

B-BUT IT'S JUST A BETA
github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/download/v0.2.0/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat.zip

Sorry, I'm not good at computer

I think axebeard's CoM tweaks fucked up nimble's ai profile in my game. It turned him into a basic stalker with no unique weapons. The kicker is that he is no longer invulnerable and as soon as the map loads he always wanders into the camp across the old farm with the 10 boars to light a fire. I have to sprint over and aggro the mutants or he immediately gets wrecked. any way to fix this without starting over? pic related.

Fuck, I'm in lab x18 and I hear some spooky voice saying "What are you doing here". I thought, wow cool ambients and went on with managing my inventory. The I heard heavy footsteps even though I allready killed the pseudogiant. 3spooky5me.

got a link to the pack you downloaded?

might be as simple as removing 1 file

this is where it's at.

CoC IRC update:
github.com/TKGP/Chernobyl-Relay-Chat/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Timestamps, commands, queries, custom hotkeys, and bugfixes. Next update will most likely be the "release".

Side note: if anyone feels like writing a bunch of text snippets for the death message generator, let me know in chat.

monolith bless you stalker

I believe this is the one I used. drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bRP8NrjmzELWFZX3VfYno2dUE

Is there a modding tutorial for CoC?

Detailed descriptions of what each file handles and what the parameters change?

No

I'm trying to install shaders with AMK Autumn Edition. It works just fine without the shaders, but whenever I try to install them, the game crashes on startup

Initializing File System...
using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
FS: 33478 files cached, 5627Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 0.608475 sec
'xrCore' build 3116, Aug 15 2007

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : I
[error]Function : CInifile::Load
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 166
[error]Description : Can't find include file:
[error]Arguments : weather_dry.ltx

Yes

post link to shaders

Kinda getting mixed signals here. Is there one for the other games where things haven't really changed from moving over to CoC?

The trader files, for example, have been essentially the same since SoC, as far as I remember.

these are the ones that come with the mod.
I swapped out the 1.0004 patch fsgame.ltx
I made it to the main menu with my saves missing, but then it crashes upon starting a new game

You've got a lot more than shaders there buckaroo, you're fucking with the weather and that's not something you can do without manually merging.
AKA if you don't know anything about modding and you don't have a compatibility patch, stop trying to use whatever mod you're using.

fuck off retard

sorry forgot link
moddb.com/mods/amk-autumn-edition

You can get started with this
sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=Category:Articles

the are few other tutorials for CoC in epic stalker forum.

So, Install CoM, then STCoM, then OA, and finally this tweak?

whatever happened to the S.t.a.l.k.e.r. TV series they announced 7 years ago? ever since Stalker 2 was cancelled they haven't said a word about it

its budget was used to buy another ferrari

don't see anything that changes his file in that archive.
see if you have
gamedata\configs\scripts\escape\
esc_2_12_stalker_nimble.ltx

if so see if it has

trade = misc\trade\trade_nimble.ltx

also see if gamedata\\configs\plugins\nimble_orders.ltx
has
nimble_trade_instead = true

no clue otherwise

if you are talking about ENB
i wouldnt even bother using them.

no i have no idea why it isnt working.

Really appreciate it user. Looks like im missing the plugin. Know where I can dload a pack that includes that script?

if you're talking about AA2 ENB, i see weather_dry.ltx in the install folder, so maybe you just didnt install it right?

actually i think that nimble trading thing with the plugin was a 1.4.2 + thing.

so scratch that idea.

might be because misery edits all.spawn as well?

could try to just grab the esc_2_12_stalker_nimble.ltx from your db files and make him a trader again. then put it in gamedata

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression :
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 189
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...composer games\coc1.4\gamedata\scripts\alun_utils.script:185: bad argument #1 to 'trim' (string expected, got nil)

stack trace:

0023:0056399C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:05ADEE5D xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05AC9CFB xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05AC9EE6 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:05AF6BC3 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()

keeps happening with coc 1.4.22 and a wep pack. never hapened before, just started happening.

any ideas?

are they planning on fixing the sound issues for 1.4.3?

Damn.,. Now that I am replaying SoC again, I realise that it's actually a lot better than CoP. The mission just feel so much more connected.

Or maybe it has just been to long since I bothered with the CoP main missions.

CoP is the worst game in the series gameplay wise

so what should I get for CoC?

AO, ORW or STCoP

So Clear Sky is still worth my time? I have played it, but I must admit I never got very far in it.
Maybe I have been to demotivated by everyone saying it's the worst.

AO is an 8/10, OWR is boring old weapons, STCoC is a 9/10 but it has AI that cannot hit you even if you try your hardest to fix it which really affects the difficulty compared to hard as balls AO especially after some modifications.

Clear Sky is really good, everyone saying it's bad is an idiot. Just slap on SRP and you're good to go.

Weapongulash.

I disagree, I think CoP has the best gameplay since it has the most fleshed-out mechanics and such. It has fuck-all content though, that's the big issue with it.

Clear Sky being the worst of the trio is a meme. It's not without its faults for sure, but calling it the worst is unfair. Refer to the advice of this user.

Gameplay isnt mechanics fucknuts. Obviously mechanics wise it's the newest one and the base for most mods and CoC itself. But the empty maps and lack of good missions really fuck the game over in the long run, especially if you want to replay it, there's literally no replayability. You can get the absolute best loadout even in Zaton. There's no hobo phase like SoC or CS.

I finished the game unmoded.
It was alright 9/10

what mods should i use for my first clear sky playthrough? any recommendation?

>most mods
Top fucking lol.

Read the thread

Do you really want to argue about SoC having a fuckton of shitty russian mods?

Well yes, all that ties in with the 'lack of content' point that I made. And mechanics are one of the many things that affect gameplay, only one though. It falls face-flat if you don't have any content to back it up, and in CoP's case it sure as hell doesn't have any.

We we're just discussing that, are you retarded?

We we are?

thanks, srry im drunk

Kill yourself

no, you kill yourself

SoC had 3 years headstart but it is easily the most influential of the games. A lot of mod features is stuff they nicked from the old builds or features that are in the files but never implemented.

SoC also has the most well known mods like LA, OGSE, AMK.

you forgot to add nig-speak senpai

Kill yourself

Stop telling people to use Weapongoulash. It does not currently work.

With content you mean story/tasks I guess. Because it does have bigger maps which I personally don't think are empty.
The maps also feel more real in my opinion.
It has the weapon upgrade system.
I think it has better combat AI.
Also I really miss the artifact hunting CoP has in SoC.
CoP is just great for sandbox gameplay. Just going into the zone, deciding what you should take with you and where you are going.

SoC is better at just being more fun than CoP.

>LA
Kill yourself

no u

no, kill yourself

Where is that image where a sunrise and SEVA stalkers are telling each other to kill themselves?

kill yourself retards

Matherfucker i fuck your
family,your BITCH mather
suckdick in petrolium,your
faggot
father suck and lick dick again
for your grow up bestard.Say
hello to your BITCH mather
because i'm with blacks fuck her
too and she almost died like a
Street dog.
I want fuck your grandmather
and grandfather too(of course
with blacks) but they are already
dead but i can fuck their tombs
SON OF A BITCH.
Be assure this time we will fuck
again your mather but this time
she will die like a BITCH in the
street
After all your homo fag father will
suck many dicks to bury
your BITCH mother.

What you personally think doesn't matter, the maps are empty and devoid of life, everyone barely moves around and just sticks to one place for the whole day.
The maps are literal fucking squares with shit put on them, it's a clusterfuck.
CS also has the weapon upgrade system.
You think it has better AI? With that soldier constantly killing himself with a grenade? That's besides the point anyway, all vanilla AI is pretty fucking dumb.
Artifact hunting still in CS, go play it shitter.
>CoP better at sandbox than SoC
What the fuck are you going to do in CoP? Walk around and enjoy the scenery?

One of the big problems with the maps is that there are no chokepoints or places where you have to pass anymore. The maps have plenty of spawns it's just that you never see them because they are so spread out.

People bitch about killing the bandits by the garbage hangar but at least it means you have to get armed.

In what world do people bitch about killing the garbage hangar bandits? That's literally the third mission.

But.. but.. thats what you personally think... (Please I don't want to kill myself)

What actually is the complaint? That the map is too populated? To much combat in the beginning? Too difficult? heh? (In my playthrough most of the bandits we're dead before I even saw one, then they gave me money)

Gottem

What fucking garbage hangar are you even talking about? There's one in SoC and none in CoP unless you're mistaking it for the fucking container place where you rescue that one loner.

The only Mod recommendation was SRP which is not much besides fixing stuff.

The one in SoC?

Ingame log confirmed for next version. Might gotta add a background though since it can be hard to read sometimes.

THE GARBAGE HANGAR
THE ONE AND ONLY
THE HANGAR IN THE GARBAGE
WHERE YOU COINCIDENTALLY ALSO KILL BANDITS

Yes, thats the one I meant. I think there is a slight miscommunication here.

REBORN now fuck off summer child

We went from talking about CoP's problems to SoC, you're bringing up some problems that no one ever complains about so I got it confused with both games now. SoC is fucking flawless, that's all I have to say about it.

This was back before CS. The bandits attacking the hangar always respawn as soon as you enter the garbage. So whenever you wanted to go to Agroprom or passed by to Cordon they would attack. People got really sick of that.

The complaint is that the CoP maps are dead and empty. Partly, it's about quests. It's also about when you just travel through them. You rarely run into anything that attacks you, especially since stalkers are always neutral to you. Mostly it's just the odd group of dogs or boars. There are plenty of NPCs spawned on the maps but they are spread out all over the place and that means they are rarely where you are or in your way.

Who the fuck are these people you speak of? Those aren't people, they're subhuman at most.

Lol I was only the guy who asked what the complaint was. And not the complaint about CoP, but why the hell people are complaining about the hangar.

>As a hater of a CoM

Fucking playa haters dawg

yes. it does. stop telling people it doesnt.