Still no Mazdaspeeds revealed for the current gen even though the 2.5T fits in all of their cars

>still no Mazdaspeeds revealed for the current gen even though the 2.5T fits in all of their cars
>Masahiro Moro is on record as saying the execution of the Mazdaspeed 3 was “childish"
>no options with more than 200HP unless you want an enormous SUV
>no word on the new RX since the Vision concept reveal

Why do we worship Mazda again? They're better than Nissan/Mitsubishi at least but that's hardly a complement.

Some of it is worshiping past glory. That said, they're still the only Japanese company that tries to make their normal cars decent to drive, and at least they have Miat.

But the miata fucking sucks. They should've made the base cheaper and made a MS variant that was genuinely fast. As it is now, a V6 mustang is a better way to spend $26k, at least you get backseats

If you're suggesting a Miata is worse than a V6 Mustang because muh horsepower, you're being ridiculous. A V8 is far better, but a Miata is more fun than a V6.

They want to be some sort of premium brand now. no fun allowed unless you want our hilariously overpriced roadster. I probably would have bought a Mazdaspeed3 this last fall when it was time to trade in my Miata, but they make absolutely nothing of any interest aside from the Miata.

Ended up buying a WRX.

>fun
"Fun" is subjective. Slow is objective.

That's true, but fun is far more important.

Well, you can have all the fun you want while other people are in their faster cars with backseats

As long as I'm having fun. B^)

Why spend $26k on a slow impractical car when you could spend $5k on a slow impractical car?

You could ask the same question for a fast car.

Wtf lol?! Yeah a mustang v6 is faster but it's also fat as fuck and handles like a boat. No shit it's faster it has almost double the horsepower. No enthusiast in their right mind would get a mustang v6 over a miata.

some people like American cars. A mustang is a better cruiser than any miata could hope to be

No shit sherlock. And yeah so can a camry, that's not the point of the miata

>no enthusiast would buy a v6 mustang!

Dont' be all butthurt because you were succinctly contradicted in 1 post, retard

>Contracted
>Says the guy who said you buy a miata to "cruise"
>Said the guy who would ever consider a v6 stang
Yeah nah you're a dumb cunt lmao kys

>Contracted

>mfw both Honda and Mazda are trying to look like last generation's Subaru STi

>Yeah nah you're a dumb cunt lmao kys
>dat lack of an argument

I win

At least he is having fun kek.
Are you stupid?

I've been saying for decades that Mazda is one of the worst run brands in the industry. To this day, I still don't know how they are still in business.

Mustangs are garbage
Neck yourself, my dude

>I win
Chill out internet warrior neet. You said a v6 mustang is a better cruiser than a miata. A miata isn't intended to be a cruiser it's a two door roadster for spirited driving. A v6 mustang is literally the opposite. It's a fat boat that turns like a turd
>B-buh my bench racing
It has over 300 hp, no shit it'll still win a race, again, not the point of the miata

Simply put, kys. I bet you bought a v6 mustang and are already experiencing buyers remorse. Kek.

Explain

He's right, Mazda fucked up bad with the RX8 and now they offer no sports cars, they're as badly run as Honda.

Not true. They make cars for people who enjoy driving, and the miata really is a thing of beauty. For a small company they have a great R&D team. Mazda focuses on certain tenets (jinba ittai, "heartfelt passion") that influence their vehicle designs.

Now take a look at Mitsubishi; they have NO redeeming cars. They don't care about cars. They make televisions and rock crushers and chemicals and freightliners and air conditioning units. To them a car is just a tool, and it shows in their product lineup.

Question: has Mazda ever made a good [piston] engine? Nissan has the RB26, Toyota has the 2JZ, Honda has the K20, Mitsu has the 4G63T, what does Mazda have?

Mazda stopped being good after 2000

Mazda isn't bad, just frustrating. Capable of greatness but choosing to be merely decent.

>say they love driving
>say that it matters more than anything
>"the horse and the rider are one"
>talk about Zoom-Zoom
>make a bunch of well-handling cars built for normalfags instead of well-handling cars made for enthusiasts

Unless you're one of the very few people who can afford to spend 30k+ on a weekend car, or can daily a 155hp roadster with 3 cubic ft of trunk space and no cabin storage, Mazda makes nothing for you despite baiting you with their slogans.

This. Sold my NC MX-5 because it was too impractical once I got involved in refrigeration and had to haul my tools, only to find out that they made nothing of any interest aside from the Miata.

>They want to be some sort of premium brand now
It's like they didn't learn from the failure that was Eunos.

Tell me about the Mazda2, are they good?

Not for sale in America.

oh shit really? They're available here in Australia. I'm considering buying one.

>Rotary on the verge of becoming a serious challenger to reciprocating
>Drop it

The absolute state of mazda

Yep the current model is sold as a Toyota Yaris.

they are, but only in the hatchback. if you want the sedan you get the Toyota iA. its literally the same car with a different front end and badges

The more you know I guess. I'll probably end up getting it. It's got everything I want in a cae

>worse in every way except for engine size
>on the verge of becoming a serious challenger

>worse in every way except for engine size

You realise all the implications of the statement you just made right?

Additionally, reliability is now also a feature of rotaries.

Cermet coatings meant that if you have the money, rotaries are practically indestructible. They are seeing a lot of use in airplanes these days as a result

I like the mazda3 hatchback

Isn't that Honda Civ hatch with the turbo pretty spicy? There's also the GTI, FiST, FoST, and Hyundai is coming out with a new hot hatch and nuking the Veloster.

Who cares about a new MS3?

MZR in speed 3/6

Mazda is in the process of shifting to a premium brand. Its been going well so far. The cx-9 is great and a good value for semi premium suv.
Also the ND miata, has been amazing and a huge improvement over the NC.

I have driven an ND and really liked what it offered. In terms of lack of power the miatas where never made to be powerful. They are supposed to be lightweight, fun little roadsters that dont take themselves to serious. If you want power get a V8.

But I can honestly say I have more fun in the ND miata than in my friends V6 mustang

What made Mazda think they should be a premium brand though?

>Why do we worship Mazda again?
We don't. Just a very vocal minority of miaita owners think they're amazing.

Ford will never let them do this. Also only cucks drive mazdaspeed 3's.

Their profit margins are super low, but they also aren't a high volume seller compared to the competition. By being """premium""", they could at least bring up their profit margins up since their current strategy will just lead to them being completely suffocated out of existence by the likes of Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, amerifat brands etc.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with that, but I assume that's their line of thinking.

Mitsubishi motors was entirely independent before they got bought by Renault.
Mitsubishi is not a conglomerate.

In North America its the yaris sedan and they are a bit pricey in opinion.

>in November 2012, Toyota announced that the next generation Yaris sedan would be manufactured alongside the Mazda 2 at Mazda's Mexico plant.
>The new car was marketed in the US as the Scion iA

The only car Toyota made that I liked the looks of and it turns out it's a Mazda.
I would buy it in a heatbeat if it had more power.

The MZR was a cooperation between Ford and Mazda. The MZR is the same thing as a Duratec, versions of which are still used in the FI Ecoboost. Even though its not solely Mazda's engine, its certainly successful and took a turbo no problem, so its good.