/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

An old thread should be left well alone: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
Every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gkp63cClCRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maria is cute

Why doesn't Muhria use regular visceral attacks like the cool kids?

I fought a wandering Abhorrent Beast in6jcbqsk2 I think, I died a few times but it was manageable.
I did shit my pants when it suddendly traversed a door that he was stuck on though.

>tfw was about to make a new thread with the image that one user liked

Maria was almost certainly bullied mercilessly by her peers.

its ok, there are obviously faggot anons who are anal about always being the person who makes the thread

The opposite, when I'm not around when the thread reaches bump limit it often ends up 404ing before someone makes a new one. You guys are too lazy.

>Not enough dps to kill Amelia

Suffering boys

Serrated Weapon, Beast Blood Pellet and/or Fire Paper do miracles against her

Pop a pellet, it should solve it. Or just start CD's early

I'll give it a go, thanks.

Can someone help me in cainhurst?
To be honest I just don't wanna do it alone again.
I'm level 30

Post a pass, m8

Looking for coop infront of living failures room password is bbg im bl 55 btw

Ringing

Pass is help

Sorry Segalt I might need some more vit :/

Getting some blood vials brb

It's fine, m8. We'll keep going at it. That arcane ball in the beginning almost one-shot you.

I cant log into bloodborne guys. Its not my wifi because i was just playing overwatch. Have any of you had this happen?

Of course the damn thread went silent when i asked this.

No.

Did you try to restart the console?

Atleast i got an asnwer =(

PURGE FILTH

Captcha: Wheels

Yea, i also resetarted my router and everything, i just uninstalled bloodborne right now, and im gonna download it again.

Threaded cane or saw spear? Just for early game as arc build. Once I get tools and runes, I won't be using weapons.

Up to you
Threaded cane is good, but saw spear is OP

Okay. I guess I'm using the saw spear for now. I just want my tools already.
That being said, does anyone want to join me in cathedral ward? I might have some trouble getting through the two yahargul faggots.

For arc, saw spear. Better scaling, and I believe it retains its serrated bonus in both forms, also fast.

And you better believe you'll still be using weapons even with three Formless Oedon runes, Hunter Tools are exactly that, tools, not a great main source of damage.

Because Maria is such a nice girl that she still wants to comfort you even as she rips your guts out.
Fuckin' nerd

Even with 70 arc and kos fist? Because if so, damn. That sucks.

>Going to run full arcane for Milkweed/Choir Hunter
>Also want to build an Executioner
>TFW too autistic to just put points into the ARC character for wheels
HELP! Convince me to not roll for filth purging.

Filth isn't gonna purge itself, user. You know what to do.

Make both an arc and a str/arc character.
Executioner stuff is available pretty early anyways.

Kos fist is a weapon anyway m8, you'll eat through bullets going through one area, use that arc to abuse elemental damage on weapons

The difference between 50 arc and 70 arc is negligible, the scaling starts to get good again after 80

So... 80 it is

hello bubbas

Summoning infront of Maria if anyone wants to help bl 55 passcode is bbg

>that fucking range on amy arm tricked r1s, side and backstep attacks
Holy shit nothing lies beyond it's grasp, are there any weapons that can provide the same anti-gank experience?

Ringing

hello boobas

The Chikage

fuck why do we get stuck in the scenario so much in bloodborne I don't remember this happening as much in souls

Nothing yet, user. Make sure not to stand too close to the fog. I'm ringing next to the lamp.

Because the maps are filled with all sorts of stuff and because you're clumsy

ew id rather use bloodletter

Bloodletter and ayymode are literally press L2 to win in gank fights

OwO I'M NOT CLUMSY! *fatrolls behind you*

how does ayymode help with that?

owo what's this

Parasite L2 is also an aoe. Throw some flat arc gems on that and it becomes a nuke. On top of that it has strong dashr1s.

oh I thought you just meant milkweed

DONT SEXUALIZE THE WATCHERS

>that borderline anus
is he... having sex with something

HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DEAL WITH THE GIANT BRAINS WITH EYES

HOLY FUCK IS THIS SUPER BLEED DID THEY APPLY CARTHUS ROGUE TO FUCKING MIND BULLETS

He keeps giving you Frenzy as long as you're in his visual range
Hide behind the rocks to stop the Frenzy-meter

>he never unlocked the merciless sex scene in Ihyll

Rev up those sedatives and drink up. That or parry the grab and use your visceral to frame through the frenzy.

That's telekinesis, Kyle.

sedatives sedatives sedatives and sedatives

also learn to parry them

Use sedatives to cancel the buildup. Walk behind them and do a charge attack plus visceral.
You can hang out at the roof and cheese them from range.

I'm level 35 on my second character. Using rifle spear and hunter's pistol. I was looking to do a skill + Bloodtinge build, but how viable is that exactly? I mostly use my spear's rifle to parry and I feel pumping points into BT wouldn't be worthwhile.

Should I switch out to the repeater pistol? I figure the repeater + 30-40 BT + Bone dust should allow me to pump out a good amount of damage to a boss.

This all purely for PvE.

>That's telekinesis, Kyle.
>someone actually got it

you can just do full bloodtinge and use chikage, bowblade and bloodletter if you want

>iframing through frenzy
>"wait isn't that like...oh"

>you will never unlock any kind of sex scenes with the bosses

>the visceral attack eats up the frenzy damage

it changed my life user

>beat defiled amy third try
holy shit my heart, the adrenaline
i think imight pass out

>darkbeast paarl

The big beast bosses in this game are all shit

It's just the frame rate and camera that are issues with Paarl, it's a fun fight. Have fun with the Loran Darkbeast.

Camerabeast Paarl.

It's not fun when I can barely see anything.

Paarl is actually pretty easy, so long as you aren't underleveled. His limbs break real quick if your damage doesn't blow, and you can chain that together to keep him in stagger more often than he isn't. He does hit pretty hard though.

As far as the camera goes, fight him unlocked. It makes a huge difference. Same goes for almost every large boss, really.

Stuff like paarl and amelia are manageable in my opinion, but BLB is the worst offender because of how hueg it fucking is. You can hardly discern what attack he is performing, and have to rely more on sound. I fucking hate BLB so much.

I'm struggling with something and need some input.

I have two builds planned:
>Executioner roleplay, wheel, boomhammer and whirligig.
and
>Beast roleplay, claws, cutter and Amy arm.

One of my saved faces is a bald, rugged and scarred guy with dark brown eyes and a big full beard with the 'mature' age.
The other is a lot more stereotypically 'handsome.' Shoulder length blonde hair, bit of stubble, green eyes and young.

I cant decide which face to use for which build. Both suit both equally. Help.

>mad as fuck wank demon

why wasn't that his name its way better

Where is that from?
>upskirt on Maria
Unf.

Well, I was level 32 and I did 81 damage a hit, either way he's dead now.

If Archibald was considered the infamous eccentric of the Healing Church Workshop, why is the Tonitrus filed as a Workshop weapon, not Church? Would Spark Hunters have been considered Church hunters during their period of activity?

>"heh, what a cheese, this looks easy"
>fail 9 times in a row

There was no Spark Hunters, it was a badge of Archibald's friends, nothing more.

Are you that headcanon guy again?

>Executioner roleplay, wheel, boomhammer and whirligig.
>Beast roleplay, claws, cutter and Amy arm.
I fail to see how those fit together.
Executioners are churchfags, why'd they use heretic weapons like boomhammer or whirligig that were invented by the enemies of the Church? I think even Amyarm would be more appropriate, you can see countless statues of amygdalas at the grand cathedral so it's definitely considered a major deity in Yharnamite religion and also because my amyarm char is wearing executioners robes and this is my headcanon.

Handsome executioner, upstanding crusader of virtue, rugged Beast man, lost to bloodshed and violence.

Regardless of whether or not the "Spark Hunters" fully existed, why is a weapon supposedly made in the Church workshop not filed with the rest of the Church weapons?
And if the badge was crafted by Archibald for his friends, all of whom likely had some affiliation with Church hunters or were Church hunters themselves, wouldn't that make them Spark Hunters?

Uh... okay maybe im not roleplaying on the same level you are.

My train of thought is more:
>Executioners like smashing things to pulp
>what other weapons are good for pulp smashy?
>explosive hammer and chainsaw mace

The Powderkegs weren't enemies of the Church. They were just described as being heretics because their methods were impractical and fucking crazy.

Kirkhammer is the second most iconic smashy church weapon after the wheelio though, might wanna check that out.
Church pick and LHB would fit as well.
Were they? The word "heretic" kind of implies excommunication, but I'm not gonna argue, soulsborne lore is vague as fuck.

alright /b/ros, which of these should i do next? Just got done with Rom. Level 62, running SkillTinge

>Ludwig
>Yahargul
>UCW
>Nightmare Frontier
>Lower Pthtuemrue

Now I wanna make a spark hunter, thanks user.

Wouldn't you want to get to Buttletter as fast as possible?

Ludwig is fun

That makes sense. I think the other user's roleplaying is a bit too restrictive. Part of the fun of this all is explaining the character and why they would use certain weapons, or join certain groups. It's silly to think that all Executioners would join just because of a hatred for Vilebloods. Get creative. Maybe your guy joined for more personal reasons, or maybe he just wanted an excuse to slaughter people and indulge in spilling blood under an aegis of good.

>tfw no Vanechka

I'm already heading down that road. It doesn't look like it'll win FC matches, but it should be fun. As odd as this sounds, the Beast Claw would fit well, as it's made out of Darkbeasts, which served as Archibald's inspiration.
Or you could use Bolt gems on your weapons, Bolt Saif and Cane usually work well.
But you can't say Spark Hunters or people get mad because they apparently don't exist at all under any circumstance.

Don't like it, prefer the Chicago

I hear that, but I've NEVER beaten him by myself. Always needed Valtr. Its going to be hell with this build.

What'd you even use as a sparkfag aside from Tony and Tony Jr?
Was Archie closer to the powder kegs or the original church workshop members?
>beast claw
Nice catch, but wouldn't it kinda suck on a build with Tony?
The chainsaw mace is not THAT smashy tho.

Summoning for the one reborn if anyone wants to help bl 60 passcode is bbg