ebin webms with sound:
old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoCT0pZ82goMWswd1VEV1VSWVU/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

trap user are you here?

i need more pics

3rd for epic leddit posting

Still looking for a price check on a plated 2006 KTM 525 EXC here in Colorado? It has 1877 miles/90 hours on it and looks pretty damn good from the pictures and description.

>I bought a sportbike and all I do with it is do latte runs in my expensive fashionable leather jacket and I have chicken strips as wide as your mother's fat ass and I don't do "track days" meme - do you hate me, /dbt/?

probably around 3 grand, what it would sell for where i live anyway.

no
i don't hate
i masturbatae

>city riders will defend this
Why do people who live in cities even buy a motorcycle?
just get a scooter.

sounds like the average honda rider

Nah I just feel sorry for you.

You don't get to know how good this feels, that's a dayum shame.

We're not all like that. I'm 20 minutes from a tougue and take advantage of it all the time.

also
>doing a wheelie down the main street, past trump tower

A supersport isn't a 911, it's a 911 GT3. It's spending like 50% more for a performance improvement you can't notice without near the limit cornering and a massive reduction in road comfort and usability.

Also stop replying to reddit.

>implying a gixxer thou isn't comfy af

>is replying to reddit
>says to stop replying to reddit
>implying i'm not replying to reddit right now

I do the same thing except I decided to buy a fashionable bike as well

Not compared to a Hayabusa or a majestic dolphin, no. We're talking about 600s that can get handily outdragged by non-race liter bikes for the same money anyways.

And which bike would that be?

It isn't

>experiencing discomfort on a supersport

Alri, grandad

Here's mine

sort of want a bike recommendation (not really wanting to buy the following, just curious)

> something small in capacity (400cc or less)
> great power to weight
> insanely well polished, fantastically engineered and premium bike

The only thing that sort of matches these are the HRC NSR250 and the KTM RC250 R, which are both track-only Moto3 bikes.

Basically, a modern version of the 90s 250 2-stroke race reps or I4s. Does any company really make small and premium bikes, or does small equal economy now?

If so, what's the smallest cc bike with that level of finish and premium?

Speaking of Porsches

Raced a Boxster S on the way back home today. We both hit about 250km/h on the freeway, weaving in and out of cars, hitting corners at 180 for about 3 minutes.

Pretty fun stuff. I was a bit faster on the straights and acceleration but he was quicker in the corners and the ground was slightly damp so I didn't want to lean it right over.

Eventually we hit a bunch of cars and people going slow in the left lane so we couldn't go any further. Gave him a thumbs up and he gave me one back and I pulled into the slow lane to wait for my friend.

Mc22

this sounds fun, but don't die doing this shit on public roads, user. sounds like there were no cars around, at least

Theoretically this but it still has dick for power compared to the old 2 strokes, is built in Thailand, and you probably can't buy one.

Already own it, just wondering if there's a similar sort of machine (doesn't have to be a 250) in production right now.

How do you even order shit from HRC

Fuck outta here with that shit.

Literally worse than an r3

such a fucking shame, they had the potential to make an awesome bike. would have even settled for a triple if not an I4, but with the marketing I expected more than a twin cylinder CBR250R with unnecessary engine map selection (you seriously can't handle the HP it puts out at max power?)

I definitely wasn't pushing it at the limit. The road is pretty famous for people taking nice cars and bikes on and well maintained.

>tfw scraped peg
>massive need to go back to Palomar Mountain and practice
>also need knee sliders

I feel really close to being able to get a knee down, even if it's just a kiss against the pavement.

Nope, because somewhere down the line, someone is gonna buy that bike off mr. starbucks racer and it'll still be in good shape because he hasn't actually rode it anywhere

Actually it's way better than an R3

>he thinks engine map selection does anything at WOT

Engine map selections are for partial throttle you complete retard

What does riding one of those huge tourers feel like?

I can't decide if big heavy bikes look cool or retarded

RS125 and RS250

Wheelies down michigan ave are pretty lit famalam.

>it feels retarded

I'm certain that at least some engine mapped bikes curb HP at all throttle positions, including WOT.

Either way, the point still stands that you don't need engine mapping on the 30-whatever HP that the 250RR ended up being.

S1000RR in rain mode is the only bike i know of that doesn't have full power at WOT

talk me out of getting a muscle bike.

How do I get my confidence up in the corners? I slow down too much in the twisties and don't lean enough. I'm not trying to be some Moto GP wannabe faggot, just get a little quicker in the turns on my standard bike.

ride more

You don't but it's what sells bikes now. Not like there wasn't similar retarded shit in the 80s and 90s I guess.

Get rid of the pilot road 4's and replace them with pilot power 3's.

Confidence in corners is needed before skills can grow.
how can you get better if your tyres will not allow it?

>he bought reddit: the tire

The R3 is just a bored out R25

post boots

so in other words it will still get BTFO by the CBR?

Anyone wear bluetooth earbuds under their helmet? Looking at buying some but they look like they'll all get yanked out the second I actually put on my helmet.

These tires are great in the rain though, which for another three or four months I really need. I commute on my bike every day rain or shine, so I need some good rain tires.

So I guess I have to choose quick cornering OR wet weather grip, great.

yeah, but it still makes more power than the 250RR.
that's like saying a hayabusa isn't better than a 600rr because the 600 could beat it if it had more power.

>he thinks power makes the bike better
>bike with more power is still slower
lmao get a load of this retard

I can't tell you what difference the R3 having 6hp more than the R25 makes to lap time but it's not like either of them are fast enough in a straight line there's any reason to care when one bike handles that much better.

Your comparison is fucking retarded and you should feel stupid.

pp3 work fine in the rain.
The only time they wouldnt is if you were actually scraping knee in the rain because ya know, slick sides.

Haven't been following your conversation, but I prefer power to speed. Torque feels better to me than horsepower. I don't care what number the speedometer indicates, I want to feel torque.

Maybe this is because I have experience with American muscle cars, I don't know.

>this bike has 5 hp more and so it's better even though it's inferior in literally every way

This is what happens when bench racers from Veeky Forums make vehicle purchasing decisions
>Your comparison is fucking retarded and you should feel stupid.
I wonder if mentally retarded people know they're stupid

What the fuck is this nigga trying to say

more cc makes an objectively better bike. it's why BMW touring bikes are considered among the best, as well as big bore Harleys

no replacement
for displacement

>Torque feels better to me than horsepower.
this makes literally no sense

torque is horsepower you dingus

ok cletus

so fucking true, these idiots don't get it. big = better, not fancy frames and """"handling"""""""

harley for life, why do you think they sell the best

Legit

Bikes suck at handling anyway. Might as well go all out with power

>not realizing he was making fun of you

>not realizing I'm not "you" and that I'm just memeing too

i was actually being satirical and fucking with everyone once I posted without actually fact checking the r3 because I can't handle losing internet arguments

Help Veeky Forums am I a psychopath

>Riding around some sweet twisties on muh new sportbike
>See cyclist fags riding two abreast in a massive group around tight hills
>Technically legal in my country, but super dangerous and retarded
>Come back past them sometime later
>Ambo
>Guy on the ground all fucked up
>My first thought was
>Get what you deserve you fucking retards

The worst part is I sort of feel bad about it but then I don't really

they salted the roads in my city again. -.-

#1.

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByoCT0pZ82goMWswd1VEV1VSWVU/view

read this cover to cover.

#2 go practice, don't just ride, go out with the deliberate aim to practice and improve your skills.

#3 take your daily dose

rip

>torque is horsepower you dingus
No it's not.

>Horsepower is defined as the amount of energy required to lift 550 pounds, one foot, in one second. From this definition you can see that the components of horsepower are force, distance and time. Distance and time are self-explanatory but force, specifically a twisting force, is what torque is all about.

horsepower = torque*rpm/5252

I hate you for not knowing how to properly greentext, you fucking faggot. Lurk moar.

Torque is a physical quantity, horsepower and RPM are units.
Power (a physical quantity for which horsepower is one of the common units) is NOT energy, it is the partial differentiation of energy delivered over time.
Furthermore, power = torque * time^-1 only works if that time is constant, which only applies at constant speed. Since you boyracers are likely talking about acceleration, power would have to be the integral of torque over an RPM range.

>Furthermore
*tips fedora*

trap user?

cringed

10/10 reply

>not flipping the visor down

why try

I have $150 to spend on a helmet and $50 to spend on summer gloves what do

get more money

so torque != horsepower

like he said.

>"i like torque, not horsepower"
>torque*rpm/5252 = horsepower
>implying you can have torque without horsepower
>implying high horsepower engines don't use gear reduction to multiply torque
>implying implied implications

anime is gey
top kek

Amine is for sissy trap beta nu-male hipster cuck homo gay fagget buttbois

/dbt/ I am in need of some advice.
I have been riding my XR650L for almost 2 years now, but have been looking to get a street bike. I like the look of the CBR600F1's and F2's but I have no street bike experience at all.
I know even though it is less displacement than my current bike, it's going to be a whole different monster, and was wondering if you guys think I should get a smaller bike (250-400cc) to learn the ropes of street bike riding first, or should my experience with a dual-sport carry over well enough?
I have read that the F1's and F2's are pretty unforgiving to beginners, and although I am confident with my current bike, I feel a little nervous with no experience on anything else.

it will carry over fine. Hard to go from street to dirt but really easy to go from dirt to street.

and those ones are pretty easy to ride compared to modern sportbikes

XR650L is heavy as fuck, CBR will handle different and harder in low speed parking lot type stuff, just dont go full retard on the gas or brakes and you'll be fine

>street bike
*Sport bike
If you're genuinely feeling nervous and unable to trust yourself, I'd say you should look for a smaller bike to ride around first, but in all honesty, you should be fine. Maybe 1-2 weeks tops to get into it, provided you already have 2 years experience.

dat clutch control

And?

Thanks senpai/o/ly. I think I'll go for the bike I want and just spend some time learning it when traffic is light before I begin riding it on a regular basis. I still plan on keeping my XR as well.

What is the appeal of an F2 when F3s have practically the same styling.

Shit, I didn't think they did. I'll keep an eye out for one of those too then. That should open up my options a little more.

my front brake is squeeking, bike is 5 weeks old.

normal?

you warped the discs with your mad street rossi skills and the bike is now totaled, sell it and buy a new one.

Doing that shit on a normal road let alone twisties is retarded. It's like squidding in that you are more likely to get fucked up, but it's worse because it affects people around you. I'd probably think the same thing too, as a passing thought to myself while going past

Yeah sound like warped disks. Bike may be salvageable but i doubt it.

jokes on you, its fully insured.