My dream car is an E92 M3. What sort of salary would i need to afford one?

My dream car is an E92 M3. What sort of salary would i need to afford one?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453709477&zip=29621&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=29621&startYear=1981&sortBy=mileageASC&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&incremental=all&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=500&transmissionCodes=MAN&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=500&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=M3
carmax.com/car/14180390
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Calculate the cost of ownership into your current budget. If your total income exceeds your outgoing expenses then that means you can afford it

Yeah, bitch

I'm a 28 year old with no kids, minimal (like under $1000/month) bills, and no real chance of a relationship. I just got a job making ~$50k and after I pay off some debt, I'd like to pursue this.

They cost around 25k nowadays. Maybe 3-4 years more of saving to own it comfortably.

for $50k you might aswell lease an M2

Why wait? Current used loan rates are at like 3.5%. Over a five-year repayment that's like an extra two grand on $25K. Sure, it's two grand, but to me, it'd be worth it.

Its your money. Might as well go for it I guess.

Nah i want a V8

>this

Literally Accounting 101. It should only take you 5 mins to find out if you can afford it

There's a reason that a lot of good accountants don't stop with Accounting 101. There's always more to money than the basics.

if you paid $30,000 for one with a 4% intrest rate and monthly payments that go for 4 years it would cost: $684.10 per month minimum then add another 200-250 a month for insurance soooooooooo

budget around $1100 per month just for the car (this includes gas) so if you make like $15/hr you would probably pull around $2000 a month after taxes

sooooooooooooooooooooo
if you had your own place you could really only afford to spend like 800$ a month on rent utilities and food and the rest would have to go towards your car

then after 4 years you could buy another car

If I can finance a $35,000 with a $10,000 down payment, it would be about $485/month.

Time to start saving. I should have this car by the end of this year.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=453709477&zip=29621&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=29621&startYear=1981&sortBy=mileageASC&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&incremental=all&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=500&transmissionCodes=MAN&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=M3&makeCodeList=BMW&searchRadius=500&makeCode1=BMW&modelCode1=M3

carmax.com/car/14180390

Or this, which can be bought with a lifetime warranty for a grand plus deductibles.

NEVER USE A DOWN PAYMENT
if somthing happens to the car (it will) you in essence LOSE the entire equity of your down payment

honestly at that much money per month it would make more sense to lease to own a brand fucking new one

Lease for $779/mo for 3 years then select the buyout option after the 3 year lease term and continue paying 779/mo for another 3 years and boom you have somthing thats a lot nicer cost around the same amount and will have a higher amount of residual value than an m3 with possibly double the amount of miles and like 10 years older

>lease

And rent? No thanks. Leasing programs are scams. No offense, but opinion disregarded.

also the monthly payment on that would be $980.55 per month before insurance or gas for a 4 year loan at 4.5% and it already has almost 50,000 miles on it

its more affordable to just lease a brand new current year m3 and if you decided you didnt want the buyout option at the end of the lease term you would be first in line to lease a 2020 m3 for more than likely the same amount per month

you should use the $10000 as a down payment on a house

also you dont own a car that you finance except instead of splitting the risk with the finance company you are taking on all the risk yourself

in a very fast risky car

really tho 39k (before 10% sales tax) for a high miles low end model bmw m series is a really really stupid decision but hey if you want to pay more monthly than most people make for a car that is slow expensive to own run and modify and that has a ton of miles on it go for it but just know what you are getting into

Just if anyone is reading this thread and wonders why a car enthusiast SHOULDN'T lease a car.

>you can't modify it
>you can only drive it so many miles per year ex. 12000 miles usually
>you must adhere to the OEM specs with everything. Even if there is a better product, you must adhere to their guidelines
>If you total the car, then the LEASING company gets all the cash and not you. So you might pay $500/month over the course of a year ($6000) and some asshole T-bones you, the leasing company gets all the money and you're left at square one.

Not to mention most leasing companies require a few thousand dollars to begin a lease, so you're still out cash.

Leasing is good for scrubs, posers, and people who are bad with life decisions.

funny how people with no credit and no money always talk shit about lease.
I always lease german cars, much better then buying over priced BMW and be stuck with repair bills

Why would you not want to offend him? He's a dumbass.

I don't want a house...I want an M3.

Housing values are about to go into another bubble as boomers pass away and the people who inherit the properties can't afford the taxes. I'm going to wait til then to buy my dream house with an even fatter down payment.

Anyways, this is going to be a garage queen. I've already got an economical DD.

Recently bought a 4 door E92 M3 (pic related just like mine). Great car, the V8 sounds amazing and it's very comfortable. Hope you can afford it one day, it's a blast to drive.

What sort of German cars do you buy? Base model 3/5 series or performance versions?

i always go for M or AMG, i am getting older now, thinking about trying out "sports SUV".

>sports sport utility vehicle

>sports
>SUV

pick 1 (one), and only 1 (one)

pick both if you have autism and think an X5M or Macan counts as a """"""""""sports SUV""""""""""

oh so you think we are entering another housing bubble and its a great idea to spend 39,000 on a 4 year old car?

also what world do you live in that you think taxes on an inherited house would put you in the red? the higest property taxes in the country are in new jersey @2.35% yearly

im done giving you smart advice you are a fool who is going to spend money that could be making you money or building your equity on a depreciating asset that hasnt even hit max depreciation yet

>you can modify a lease if you plan on doing a buyout
>you can negociate the amount of yearly allowed miles
>leased vehicles get free service
>legally you would want someone to hit your lease so you can walk away free and clear with another new car out of it
>no company requires upfront cash to do a lease

Proof?

If you're a person who wants to enjoy the newest tech and doesn't care about equity, I can see where you're coming from. But that's not my buying position. I want a specific model for specific reasons with the option to sell it or keep it whenever I see fit.

Anyways, this thread has shown me that I'm in a good spot to purchase this car.

>$39000

Because it's what I want to do. And it's the last naturally aspirated performance engine that any of the German manufacturers will ever release.

>and it's not any of your business, but I've already got my housing needs taken care of

Also, what sort of 'financially savvy' person would want to walk away from an insurance settlement with zero assets?

And this is from my local dealership.

I still want proof of this guy's car.

Be poor