/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was left all alone in the end:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/152675
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't wait for the lightsaber weapon.

His other sister is called Filianore, so there's no guarantee that his name starts with Gwyn. He's probably Sen, as in Sen's Fortress.

We're going to learn more about Ludleth in the DLC. Courland is in the DLC.

Gwyn Jr.

It's friedes scythe 2: magic damage weapon art only boogaloo.

>Gwyn
>Gwynevere
>Gwyndolin
So what's his name, /dsg/?

Yeah but I want to make a Star Wars meme build.

Ludleth is a Pygmy from ancient times.

Can anyone on PC spare 5-10 minutes to help me dupe some shit? You get to keep copies of the shit that I'm trying to scum.

It's unfortunate the twinblades weapon class isn't in DS3. That was so much fun.

You can't do that until we get a weapon that lets you do a 720 midair corkscrew spin.

I was thinking more along the lines of high ground than Sheev.

>post yfw he's the Furtive Pygmy

>not plume edition

Gwyndio

From just ran out of names.

Nameless kings name is Gwyn II which is royal tradition

Just use Collector's edition if you're on the fucking PC.

is that the purple one handed sword or was another weapon leaked

>Corvian greatknife
Yeah that one kinda fits the bill.

Are you going to fight exclusively on the pillar in the arena?

I would've liked to see Beldr rather than Carim or Vinheim as people say. There wasn't much info given on it but we know a lot of undead spawned for some reason and some tidbits on its king.

I'd invade or allow myself to be invaded in Demon Ruins, obviously.

This is pure headcanon, of course, but I like to think his name was "Gwyndolin". Hear me out. Say Gwyn named his firstborn that, and after he struck him from history, the Gwyndolin we know was born, and Gwyn basically decided to try again, but to get it right this time. There was never a "first" or "second" Gwyndolin, there was only ever the one, dammit!

>pygmies found the soul of a dead archdragon
>split it up amongst themselves
>murdered the dragons for more souls
>flame is dying because gwyn did something stupid

spinning is miles above high ground in terms of power level though

I can't spin though.

Nameless king was actually exiled because he was a boy.

It's blue, and it's in the announcement trailer.

I suppose that hinges on if GwynX betrayed his dad before or after Gwyndolin was born. Given how he pretty much treats Gwyndolin like shit anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if he got a hand-me-down name.

But he was trying to spin when high ground beat him in that movie.

I'm not doing anything that would even risk flagging my account for softbanning, thank you.

Honestly I'm fully expecting ringed city to be a progenial city, a very important historical place as opposed to something like courland or londor.

I'm thinking it would be a place so important that it's namesake would be carried forward when they migrated.

Londo

Gwyn named his new kingdom "sun londo" after his achievement

The human immigrants named their city "new londo"

New londo may have even come before anor londo, before gwyn kicked humans back down into the ringed city

a reverse front flip hardly qualifies as true spinning

That can also set londor up to be an actual person, aka the furtive pygmy

>mfw "make londor whole" takes a much different meaning

Welp, I guess I gotta see the movie now. Thank God for viral marketing.

Better than the lore we're gonna get, I guarantee it.

OUT FUCKING POISED

>Say Gwyn named his firstborn that, and after he struck him from history,

the problem with that is that nameless king was struck from the history AFTER they built an epitaph for gwyn aka: after he linked the first flame.

I may be small, but I will die a colossus.

>Host and phantom spam taunts to gank invaders
>You kill their ganking asses anyway

Is there no better feeling?

So do you guys think Yorshka is the Firstborn's daughter and that he was a dirty dragonfucker? It'd make sense. Consider the following:
>Firstborn changes sides and gets exiled
>Gwyn leaves to link the fire
>the events of DS1 happen
>sometime later, Yorshka is born
>Firstborn knows she wouldn't be able to grow up in ADP
>goes back to Anor Londo and gives Yorshka to Gwyndolin
>he raises her believing she's his sister and not his niece
It'd make sense since she looks half-dragon, and we know Gwyn hated dragons. You could also extrapolate that Priscilla might also be the Firstborn's, and not Seath and Gwynevere's like was originally theorized. Thoughts?

they already spent all that money on engraved silverware and official stationary after all, can't let it go to waste

>tfw twinking cathedral of the deep
>tfw the host doesn't have an estus advantage anymore
>tfw you have a huge level advantage because of lategame rings
>tfw dragonslayer greataxe pulverizes people at SL30

Luring phantoms into thinking you're challenging them to honorabru dueru is a pretty good one.

There's just as much evidence to support your theory as there is that Priscilla was Gwynevere and Seath's daughter.

Problem is that priscilla has the dark in her. Unless the gods are dark, you need to explain how that works out

anyone notice how the god race has the exact same skin and hair as the aggressively dark painter girl?

Does she, though? Sure, the gods put a lot of dark stuff in the painting because dark is the god killing element. But they hated Priscilla because she's a dragon crossbreed, and the gods hate dragons.

Lifehunt is dark, She also has mastery over frost. Shes more divine than she is abyssal for sure, but she a dark being boi

>Lifehunt is dark
But it's not.

It doesn't say that, it just says the gods fear it. It's not like it does dark damage either.

Maybe she was corrupted somehow? Velka is linked to the Dark, and she has a huge presence in the PW.

Dark damage didn't even exist as a mechanic in DS1.

>lifehunt
>what is lifedrain, ancient skill of the dark lord

you need the profaned flame to infuse it Profaned flame gives dark, hollow and bleed, I'd say that's a pretty sihnificant combo

Oh, right. It doesn't scale from faith like the Occult upgrade does, then.

>lifehunt
>what is lifedrain
Different things? Their name isn't even the same. Lifedrain steals humanity, so it's harmless to Gods and other things with no darksoul bits.

Lifehunt is represented by doing higher bleed damage than with other weapons. Take from that what you will.

What the fuck are you talking about?

What did he mean by this?

Indeed, tricking hosts into thinking you are friendly is another gentlemen's pastime

Lifedrain steals hp in 3

A skill called lifehunt that deals bleed damage which can only be infused with an abyssal flame.

Obviously the Lifehunt that comes from Aldritch is going to be dark.

>Lifedrain steals hp in 3
because there are no soft humanity in 3

Im not talking about aldrich, and even if i was the fact that lifehunt is a dark miracle isn't telling?

Semantics

I have no idea what you're referring to then. "Skill" and your reference to the Profaned Flame makes me think Dark Souls 3, and the only Lifehunt in Dark Souls 3 is that miracle. The DaS Lifehunt Scythe can't be buffed, and obviously the miracle can't be buffed, so I don't entirely know where you're going with any of this.

Not when Aldrich is a dark deity who wields dark magic. It's only natural that a miracle made using his illusory magic would be dark

>mlgs sorcerer
>have to wait until you have even numbers to kill the host
stop existing you scrublet

Have you paid your daily tribute to the CE gods?

He's saying that you need the Profaned Coal for Andre to infuse bleed weapons, which he thinks is sufficient evidence to claim that lifehunt's bleed effect is inherently abyssal.

At last I truly see.

Solaire

Im talking abut the cross-game lore user

I'm saying that bleed can only be infused using an abyssal flame, which also infuses dark and hollow.

Lifehunt is an inherent part of priscilla's being, its not just tied to her weapon.

Some headcannon here: the gods were deathly afraid of lifehunt, which is an ability that obliterates mortals even when they wield it. The soul is described as the source of all life, so in a sense you could call it Soulhunt. Really makes you think

There are lots of bleed weapons that have it as an innate effect and have nothing to do with the Profaned Flame.

:^)

Torches also aren't connected to the first flame, whats your point?

Torches aren't connected to the first flame, therefore Priscilla's Lifehunt Scythe IS connected to the Profaned Flame.

Makes sense.

Gwyntesimo

Gwynberto

gwyndu nuffin

Does Dark Souls 2 have any weird audio issues when playing with 5.1 sound on a stereo headset?

I've had the sound be weird in SotFS only in the specific instance of the Bell Keeper dwarf's dialogue, no where else.

i havent played ds3 since maybe 2 months after release. everyone played quality builds, and other shit was garbage.
i come back now and people are whipping fireball hail marys, this shit looks like fun.
post pyro/sorc builds

Post ashen ones

did any user datamined the dlc yet?

Bamco learned their lesson and made sure nothing incriminating was preloaded.
The balance and content portions of the DLC patch will also be separate, so they can avoid an early break-in.

>using nude mods
Back to your containment thread.
>>>/tesg/

what's the current sl meta for ds3 pvp? its not dead yet is it?

I just want to see the new weapons :/

who is this breeding piggy

Vaati will be sure to spoil all of those when he gets early access on the 15th. Patience, user.

don't want to get your hopes up, it's still quality dominated garbage

the main difference is that greatswords are what dominate
greatswords got a speed buff that brought them back to pre-nerf DaS1 / DaS2 level speed

hammers also got a massive range boost on r1s and have hyper armor while 2h, very good

pyros mostly use their super long DLC greatsword and pyromancer's parting flame black flame / fire surge
parting flame gives you a small AoE combustion on every close range cast, making black flame OP in damage and poise break

poise has been greatly changed for the better (still only during attacks) and is too complicated to explain in one post
it matters now

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/152675

God damn, I like Onyx Blade for what it is. Is it really a PvP shitter weapon now?

>want to play a souls game again
>remember the early game grind that exists in all of them
>low health & small number of estus'
>shitty damage output
>limited armor selection
>limited weapon selection
>almost no spells, few miracles and usually limited to a single offensive miracle

I know damn well if I cheat in shit from the start I'll just end up cheating the whole way through

That's weird, to me souls games are at their absolute strongest a lot of the time in the early game. Usually they're frontloaded with the best areas as well.

Miyazaki, you hack!

I always feel some dread playing these older Souls games (no fear in DaS3).
Why am I so easily spooked?