>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12530179/
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

9S is Taro's best tbqh
Never cared nearly as much about Caim as I do about him

He just wanted to play with his big bro...
;_;

C ending made me want to die

you're not allowed to make fun of 9S if you've ever had a folder of a girl you liked, and i think we all have

please tell me other people have done this

First for best girl as confirmed by the straw poll

strawpoll.me/12530179/

(also reminder to post a link to the last thread when making new Veeky Forums threads)

I have a big folder for general lewds from different sources with multiple folders for specific characters inside of it, and another for hardcore stuff, so yes I have

where do you think you are?

I think Caim's worth appreciating for the tropes he was subverting at the time, but the extent of 9S's gradual breakdown was a pretty solid arc.

I meant a REAL girl, user. I don't think 2B would be weirded out if he just had a folder of some fictional android girl.

>REAL
Oh, no, I've never done that.

Meant to reply to

I don't know, doesn't seem too off.

>tfw you realize that 9S literally takes up Eve's exact position when his brother died
>tfw 9S has also literally lost everything that mattered to him

mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA
I finished adding all the weapon stories (the nier ones are included in grimoire nier) outside of nier automata and I added the translation to the highschool comedy part of the Nier drama CD.
Some other user is working on translating the 10th anniversary timeline.
Things that are left to be translated in order of priority:
Drakengard 1.3
Drakengard 3 novelization summary (from french, I met an user who was willing to do it but I lost his email unfortunately)
Ending E The Lost World (there's only a summary available)
Around the world in 80 days (there's also a secondhand translation from a chinese fan translation which is kinda wonky, but at least it's there)
Are you guys interested in other stuff? I guess I can upload the soundtracks and the special disc from the 10th anniversary box next week.
I was thinking of also uploading the undub version of 1, 2 and Nier but most of the fanbase seems to prefer the english dub so I wouldn't know if it'd be worth it

So, what did they like to play?

Don't make me feel like a weirdo

don't worry about the undubs
someone PLEASE do not forget to put this in the next OP

Obliged user.

Maybe the undub for 2 would be worth it. Maybe it would make the game more tolerable.

Thank you, user.

Nah. I just use the internet or a semi-organized folder of generality subcategorized by type/genre.

What if N2 is the kind of little slut Brother Nier always thought of himself as

user who originally asked the question here, I think I just saw someone make the comparison in a thread before, and the idea stuck. We could be completely barking up the wrong tree.

Someone else said that N2 are based off the Shadowlord, where is that said in-game?

I think the way you missed my meaning goes to show a lot about you as a person, friend.

Just that the machines responsible for N2 absorbed data from Project Gestalt, outlined in Jackass' report (the last intel in the game).

You are a innocent Type S android going about his innocent Type S business when an Operator and the Commander blocks your path with their thick, curvy legs.

What do?

Circles within circles.
Tag, I-Spy, Green Light, Stick sword fights, wrasslin', who can vivisect their recent acquisition the fastest.

as anyone noticed that all boss names on game are names of philoshophers?

You are a saint, and I want to especially thank you for the play summary, which makes ending C a whole lot more meaningful.

Ah, gotcha

I require assistance. I want artificial academy 2 cards of all the main girls in this game, but have no slider skills of my own.
Cavia high 2017 won't be complete without them.

Jackass' Report says N2 came from human data of the original human success of the Gestalt project.

I'm not even sure what your meaning here is.

John Paul = Jean Paul Sartre who was Simone Beauvoir's lover.
John Paul is the machine that won't look Simone's way.

An actual girl, user. Like a girl you know that you like and collect pictures of into a folder. That's what 9S was doing so that's what I implied.

You and the other guy both just assumed I meant cute internet girls you wanna bang.

Slap their asses with my blackhole pimphands and rape their OS' with my hackerman skeelz.
proceed to use new bitches to make profit cause its awfully cold in the bunker.

You kill/harm/bring harm to human philosophy

>mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

If I'm still on when the next thread needs starting, I'll put it in. If not then someone else will need to take up the mantle.

Those were 9S' memories, not his stalker folder.

there is also a direct reference to Nietzche by Pascal.

The game is very nihilistic by the way

T-SHIRT DLC WHEN? ;_;

Cogito Ergo Sum.

They're also biblical depending on which religious text you look at. This is par for the course for Taro.
Google Manah Meaning as an example. Oh.
i used to make collages/picture books of ex's using the few pictures we did take plus whatever birthday, valentines, christmas cards etc as a covering for it. They usually helped. I swear i'm a manly man that didn't cry like a bitch during E and i definitely don't have those books stowed away somewhere cause I can't bring myself to throw them away.

>hands are blushing
This is questionable even for an AO game

wtf is a drakengard

I still don't understand why they had to censor the name Jean Paul for copyright purposes.

A better name than Drag-on-dragoon.

You guard with your dragon?

Making someone out to be your enemy, fighting them till they drop dead, coming up with another enemy to take their place, and doing this over and over again, no matter who or what they are, no matter how shitty your reasons for fighting actually are, for hundreds of thousands of years of human history.

That is Drakengard.

Yeah I have a lot of free time right now but I might not be able to browse that much or at all next month (I'm not a wagecuck so my job occupies me for weird periods of times) so I'd appreciate if you could put this in the OPs, I'm glad you appreciate it, I just wanted to archive everything because more and more people seem to be getting into the games by listening to youtube summaries and stuff like that which really killed the translation communities for these games.
I think namefags kill fandoms eventually (in the dark souls community, whichever youtuber is more popular decides what is canon, kek) so I didn't really feel confortable sharing this anywhere that isn't anonymous.
Before dod3 came out all the side stuff was getting translated really quickly by different people, by now there's only rekka alexiel because youtube replaced everything. I hope she actually finishes
the World Guide side stories, she seems to lose interest in projects pretty quickly. I'm surprised nobody else picked up translating Drakengard 1.3 since that book seems crazy good.
I do prefer the japanese dubs in general because that's how I played the games originally, unfortunately I am too retarded to actually learn kanji so navigating the menu was kinda hard and I could not read the weapon stories, which is why I eventually downloaded the undubs, things like that are really useful when your knowledge of japanese is like 70-80% or vocal only even though the subtitles don't much 1:1.
I guess I'll upload them anyway on different accounts at some point if people are curious, I'd rather avoid turning every thread into a dub vs sub war though because I never got that retarded argument and everyone gets really defensive.
I'll definetly upload the soundtracks complete with booklet scans and shit in a few days though

Why do we need 2B when A2 exist/

We already have a mega for all the soundtracks, but that might be necessary because I can't fucking find the thing and no one else seems to be able to

Oh I had no idea because I wasn't part of the old /ndg/ threads, well I gotta wait like 10 days to do that anyway so if it turns up it turns up

A2, 6O/21O, or Popola/Devola?

D&P are old and busted
6O and 21O are the new hotness

I was always curious why all the other Nier novellas seemed to be fully translated except for Ending E.

>D&P are old and busted
Don't be mean.

Devola for her sexy goddamn hair

They probably recorded it as Sartre, ran into an issue with the name, and didn't want to drag people back into the recording booth. Censoring it kind of comes of as the characters hating the narcissistic piece of shit, so I'm okay with how it turned out.

I see, but what would have been the legal issue brought up by saying a philosopher's name?

wait, they changed Sartre's name in the US version? He was just called Sartre in Japan

Thanks user, better than nothing, and a lot better than what I could do.

Why is this android so cute and also such a light weight?
are androids not able to hold their liquor?

The only other thing I can really think of is stuff from the drama CD, The Lost Words and the Red Sky.

that's a huge mug

They probably modified themselves to get drunk considering the shits they faced.

>start a new game on Hard
>I just beat the game on Normal and I rocked it, how bad could it be?
>stubbies now dodge and attack way more often
>die three times in the tutorial to stubbies

Okay I guess I just suck then

Yep. Changed it to the real Sartre's first name, Jean-Paul. Did the same for Beauvoir, calling her Simone in the US version to keep with the theme. I'm not sure what possible copyright issue would be there, but that's what I've read.

That is included along with the summary for the first disc and tracks 1 and 2 of the second disc, plus the full translation of the rest of the disc. It'd definetly be nice if anyone made a full translation for that though.
I kinda remember there being a different summary other than the one I posted, I'll try to include that as well if I can find it so you can have a more clear view of the events
well I'm glad I got the japanese version then, but that's just confusing

yeah, and Simone. Taro brought up the censoring at pax.

I'm too scared to go fight Simone on Hard. Game does a great job of making you feel bad for every hit you take.

Coasting through Normal with overpowered chips will not prepare you to handle Hard.

I actually ended up taking my overclock chips out nearing the ending on Normal mode. Made things way too easy.

>do not feed your android chocolate
or what?

user what you're experiencing is what happens to most players when they play on a lower difficulty in an action game and then try a harder one.

The enemy intelligence and aggressiveness are ratcheted up along with damage values so of course it's going to be a very different and much harder game as a result.

Gives them the poops.

They go off their super strict water diet.

Hell, look at 2b she's almost too big for her stockings now after the last go around.

Just as Yoko Taro envisioned.

it's pretty easy actually

wasn't there an srgument that halted development for a time where the modelr and the artists were arguing on to make her breasts bigger or smaller and instead just went with wide hips and booty?

god I fucking love 2B's shoulder blades
why is her back so sexy?

Truly they fought for the most righteous of causes, what is best in women

It's not good for their systems.

>the modelr and the artists
You mean Taro and the artists

Dev-team want a hyper loli and Taro wanted an oppai onee-san.

They realized it was going exactly nowhere and was halting production so they settled on a thick thighs, big ass, wide hips, but a petite style upper body so long as she had to wear high heels.

So, where does the Nier series go from here? Should Taro just start a new series and maybe have it tie into Nier/Drakengard somehow?

Is Drakengard 1 really THAT bad?

We're already coming back around to drakengard shit with this last one so who knows.

Gameplay-wise? Yes.

this was the correct choice

Taro seems to agree. He's usually first to the table when the weekly 2GB lewd folder drops.

Only Cavia games would actually argue with the director and lead writer over things like this

The next step from here is another Nier (game connected to the series in setting only). The mobage is probably going to be this.

it's like PS2 musou but worse

dragon parts are fun though

Getting real sick of all these cropped pics

How do enemy respawns work? Trying to farm the big boy in front of the forest for the beast weapons, is it just a timed thing?

What. The. FUCK.