Powerstroke 7.3

>B10 Life 200k miles
>B50 Life 350k miles
>Virtually indestructible
>highly reliable
>easy to work on
>great hp/lb.ft/mpg

Killed by emission regulations

Tell me, will we, especially after that piece of shit 6.0 Powerstroke ever see such a great diesel Vee-Eight again?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_green_lantern/2008/03/tank_vs_hybrid.html
trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/1103dp-building-the-legendary-navistar-dt466/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>7.3L diesel

guess what bubba you don't need a massively polluting inefficient diesel in your comuter bro truck, some people are trying to breathe here

Head to your Prius and fuck off. I dont give a fuck what Chad got in his truck, I'm talking trucks that do work.

Well we've got the current Duramax, so yes.
Also Saab 998ci V8 diesels.

But that Saab 998 aint available for light duty trucks...

>implying

lay off the moonshine cletus, you can't justify an engine that inefficient and polluting

Diesels are better for the environment when you factor in manufacturing processes for most electric cars.

>tfw I fell for the shitty bait

Here's your (You)

Is 7.3 liters a big engine?

yeah but not a 7.3L lump of coal rolling shit in a low duty truck

When you drive shitboxes it is

>z28
>shitbox

sure, im so impressed by a boat anker diesel

>>Virtually indestructible
>>highly reliable
then who cares if it's easy tow work on :^)

The 454, Vortec 8100, and V10 Magnum are all bigger. Calm down displacelet.

Your Prius does more damage to the environment in it's manufacturing process than that engine will EVER do in it's entire lifetime.
Just food for thought there, faggot.

Inherited a 96 F350 from my brother which he in turn had from our grandpa. That truck and the 7.3 was honestly the most manly truck I ever had. Powerful, fun beasty sound. Got totaled with 310k miles by some soccer mom. Still was running strong.

>overlooks all the strengths of the engine
>muh emissions
>thinks someone needs to justify something they like and can afford
Just how liberal are you? Should the government require permits to drive old diesels?

The old IDI 7.3 the had before the powerstroke was even better. No turbo, no problems. Mileage monster

>Z28
>Shitbox

Z28 owner here. Total fucking shitbox and one of the worst purchasing decisions I've made.

Then you have the Dirty Max. The Toyota 1HD-FTE is also legit.

>any 4th gen camaro not a shitbox
>muh pee28 guies

TOP LEL

be careful backing out of your driveway or your rear end will explode again

IDI's are master race, let the bro truckers over pay for the powerjoke 7.3's

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_green_lantern/2008/03/tank_vs_hybrid.html

rly maed me think

besides trucks, are cars with turbo diesels worth getting over their gas counterparts?

i'm talking about like a vw golf/jetta. or similar

Yes they can save you hundreds of dollars over the life of the vehicle.

lul

Got my self a steal on the international 7.3 with optional turbo, sadly I didn't get the turbo but I got the engine designed to accept it, they said they made that model for some brief time, my uncle had it custom made in the ford plant ( small lift and some badass towing kit and a 5 speed bulldog tranny, 30k miles on it :^) no scratches garaged it's whole life. She's my babe. Hooked me up on the deal I got it for 6,000$ ( pic related red truck I was selling the ranger on Craigslist I don't have one of just my nice truck )

I wouldn't call them powerjokes. At the end of the day the 7.3 still was made by international, so was the IDI.

Both engines are great but although underpowered by today's standards, I like the IDI better

If you wanna use the powerjoke meme, use it for the 6.0

Navistar actually still makes the original DT466 but they don't sell it for highway applications. So if you buy a new Maxxforce for a truck, it will be a POS with a million emissions nannies. But if you need a 7.3L for your "boat" or "generator", they will still sell you the good one.

Damn honestly didn't know that. Thanks hombre.

>B10 life 200k miles
how does it feel to know my 1.0 shitbox has 360k km and runs just fine?
that and the old detroit Diesel V8 in suburbans/K10s are the best diesel engines in light vehicles

High pressure oil pump that drives injectors, feeds from the low pressure oil that oils the engine. Terrible design.

So terrible, it's so bad that Caterpillar have used HUI and HEUI on 3114, 3116, 3126, 3406, 3408, 3412, 3508, 3512, 3516, c9, c12, c15, c18, c30, c32 and older D series.

Nothing wrong with them unless the service is lacking. Id say the 7.3 is much the same. I know I prefer dramas with a CAT Mui or Eui motor than many jerk pump systems on larger engines.

What's with the other percent that have the same engine?

>great diesel Vee-Eight again?
what is the DuraMax for $200?

>easy to work on

I think you're confused with the 6BT, mofo.

I think this is the article I heard it from

trucktrend.com/cool-trucks/1103dp-building-the-legendary-navistar-dt466/

They also still put it in trucks bound for countries without gay ass Commiefornia Obama emissions laws.

How does everyone feel about Perkins 354? IMO the most fuss free sub 6.0 diesel power plant.
Shame the setup was such a flop on the Isuzu 4JX1

>>B10 Life 200k miles
>>B50 Life 350k miles

Jeez, even my 1.7l diesel Fiat lasted double that ammount

>7.3
>Not 12v71
>He only has 8 cylinders
>Not having 12 cylinders
>Not having coffee-can sized pistons
>Not having factory twin 6-71 blowers

If you're going to put a hole in the ozone layer, do it like a man.

t.truck driver

Umm... Why call this a Saab? It's a scania engine. Yes I'm aware that they used to be the same company, but they were built for and sold in scania trucks.

All of these cat HUI engines are pieces of shit. If you don't change the oil often enough it starts to become acidic, breaks down the high pressure pump internals which go and contaminate your injectors and fuck them all up too. $15k worth of fuel gear all fucked because they can't reach the service interval that any other engine would do without issue

Yes

But they weigh less and are smaller outside demension

See Just because YOUR engine lasted that long it doesn't mean that all the others did too. Try to understand what B50 life is.

Protip: it means that by the 50% of all engines will need a major overhaul. The other 50 are still going .

The DT466 is an inline 6 broham. OP was talking about the T444E which is V8

Yeah that's why so many HUI engines reach 500k and more miles.

You can kill any e gone through neglecting. A HUI one just needs oil changes instead of other, much more complicated maintenance jobs so what's your excuse?

yeah we got 6.7l now and i feel oppressed as fuck