/ng/ - Nioh General

I won't level down to farm revenants because I'm afraid I might lose 2 billion amrita edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Other urls found in this thread:

gdcvault.com/play/1024561/-Nioh-Talking-with
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for dead thread

>tfw too stupid to master two weapon types

Do you guys complete the main story first before collecting all kodama?

I did.

Still in the process of +10ing and lvl 160 this katana

how's the stats?

>familiarity damage
Isn't close combat damage better?

>levelling down to farm revenants
¿que?

>level 500
>all titles
>plat trophy
>full 160+10 gear with near perfect rolls
>still want to keep playing
I haven't been this absorbed in a game for a long time, it's even my first plat ever but I'm quickly losing interest at this stage.

looks like you're one piece too many on the kingo set with that yasakani (you've already long got the back attack bonus).

then again with kingo and sanada dip, i'm not sure what 2 piece bonus to go for beyond that. swordmasters for the skill ki reduction?

new character, new weapon, worst case just put it on the burner until april when the DLC drops and you can gittu guddo again

ki reduction isn't anywhere near 25% and useless on a katana anyway

final blow is 0.8% short from perfect

water could be +17

How do I git gud? I had to fight umibozu like 20 times to beat him, but then I respected to
Around 20 body
7 heart
18 or so stamina
Dex default
8 strength, shooting for 10 for the raging bull set.
Magic 10
Spirit 13 (using a different guardian so that could be changed)

How do I get hanks of yokai hair relatively easily? I just got to the third region and fighting the third boss has never dropped it for me.

Also are amrita gain enchantments quite important? I use the Oracle blessing all the time.

I also forgot to mention I use spears and my secondary weapon is the kusarigama, though I regret that because I don't really like it nearly as much as spears.

don't waste your time with respeccing that early in the game

use the blessing for materials, weapons or armor

having more ki, toughness and ki regeneration will make things substantially easier for you

get good at ki pulsing all the time

if you're going to ki pulse at all, you better be changing stance with flux as well

since you like spears, get used to spear stance change because when you get your mystic art, you're going to use it constantly

spears are wonky when you're too close, so get some kind of secondary weapon, maybe 1 kat since you don't like kusari

How's the Yagyu set bonus anyway? A decent alternative to Kingos for 1kat?

Just finished the story and I'm new to this general. What should 1kat guys do for endgame gear and stats besides what was already said in this thread?

Any of you guys kind enough to go to isle of demons NG+ and kill my naked revanant, equip just the CTA magic A inheritable axe and then drown yourself?

done

died next to your revenant via drowning

I am the hollow general.
I am the hollow general.
Many times have I archived.
Many times been reposted.

I appreciate it and saw the axe but you forgot to take off your armour and thats all I got from it.

If anyone wants to do it, I've replaced it.

Stack heart and get a change to attack heart inheritable katana, which should be fairly common on revenants. As for gear Kingos is fairly decent unless there's another set with bonuses that catches your eye

why is everyone using shiranui when it only has like 10 more in its attack multiplier than onikiba?

It looks unique. People like status symbols over objective statistics.

It's why I exclusively run with the five greatest swords.

refashioning exists tho

Why do some williams have boxers on as underwear and others have that japanese underwear on?

dropped it again, without armor this time

but only because cta magic is hard to come by

doesn't show up in co op or on revenants, what's the point in styling if nobody else can see it

it does show up in coop...

Removing armor doesn't improve drop chances, it just means you're more likely to get empty drops. When you kill a revenant it rolls for a slot to drop, and if it lands on an empty slot, you just get nothing.

that's what I originally thought and why I didn't take off my armor the first time

You thought right, user just had unlucky drops.

Oh, I didn't actually know that, I've never gotten nothing from the ones that only have 1 piece of gear on them so I assumed it was better that way.

Didn't actually see you, only saw a guy with a different axe with CTA stamina on it with no armour. Don't worry about it now, I gotta do other things.

Drop rates on revenants are high so you're extremely likely to get something even if most of their slots are empty, but it's never a 100% chance. Bad luck applies as ever.

Whats the best place to get Yasakani Magatama, I'm on one of the cemetery places like I was told but it doesn't seem to work.

are they vessels for kelly's soul that he uses in order to live infinitely?

or are all kellys just mindless homunculi that do hundred eyes' bidding?

what are worthwhile armor inheritables?

anything other than elemental res/ attack/ unlimited X/ elixir recovery?

I think it's a bit of both. Kelley obviously is more than amindless puppet but it's not clear how much control he has of himself. lt could be the case that he chose to become what he is in order to serve his queen and country, like how mothman chose to become a yokai at sekigahara.

I think thats it, I suppose Luck could be good and one or two people have done running speed builds for a faster sprint without the stamina cost.

>when you get your mystic art, you're going to use it constantly
you don't need mystic art for spear stance change in middle and low stance

Speed running On The Trail of the Master is allegedly one of the best places, but I've got two yasakani, both of which I got as rewards from A Request From Ginichyo and The Demon's Daughter.

Interesting, Ginichyo is a pretty quick & easy one... just rush in repeatedly?

That's the idea. You might be at it for a while though, I won't pretend I wasn't just extremely lucky.

Typical 'gul

I know we're ded general now, but does anyone have a divine Juzumaru Tsunetsugu or O-Denta Mitsuyo they can drop? I'm trying to get the five legendary 1kats and they're the ones I can't find anywhere in Divine.

Observe my superior blocking ability scrubs

Must be nice... what do you just block til they get tired, knock em down and do a 20k killing blow?

>Get summoned as random co-op
>dude is afk
>Think he might be doing something else like reading or on his phone, so i whistle
>Whistle for ~3 minutes
>push him about for another 5
>still no response, decide to push him into enemies
Yeah get fucked, dont just pop a cup and walk off to do whatever. why do people do this?

Fuck yes that's exactly what happens. Or I just strong attack during an opening with low stance, flux to high stance before I absorb the Amrita from hit, then rape them with a high stance combo for 60% more damage. I can block pretty much anything though. I'm using tengen, but I tried it with a guardian that gives more guard ki reduction and it was actually hilarious. The big beefy one eyed oni barely took away a tiny sliver of my ki bar with his jump attack. And it regen's too fast for anything to even make a dent because of the 2kat passive. Shit's absurd. I could probably demon thrust kill any boss to death with full life if I just got 100% elemental guard too.

You're the same guy from last week, when this accidental / bugged out and got put on your weapon, right? Can't like drop that shit for someone else to try?

gdcvault.com/play/1024561/-Nioh-Talking-with
GDC talk about Nioh

This game lacked character customization.

I mean, technically speaking, you're right in as far as the game didn't have a customizable character appearance.

I don't understand why that could possibly be a dealbreaker for anyone though.

Are there any skills I need to unlock before I can unlock blade apin in the kusari section? I've beaten the way of the warrior on veteran, yet it's still greyed out.

I don't know, I was just thinking why this general is pretty much dying when Dragon's Dogma didn't even have co-op and lasted forever.

Biggest difference I could think of was the customization of your own character and your pawn.

The pawn system is what gave DD most of its community strength. Character customization doesn't generate any gameplay value that could perpetuate a general.

the pawn system is literally nothing but character customization though

Also customizable main character is the biggest difference I can find between Nioh and for Example Demon's Souls (other than setting and lore, etc.)

Nioh has a fixed protagonist. It has a concrete story instead of a vague premise with loose tidbits in item descriptions and leaving the rest to player inferral. It is not Dark Souls.

If a dead general is the price we have to pay for getting an ARPG that isn't just another lazy retread of DaS1, I'll gladly pay it. Not being able to make you William into a comically bloated blue frog-man isn't remotely detrimental to Nioh's quality.

>implying I care about blue frogs

Seriously, though. Why the vehement opposition to fixed protagonists in games these days?

being able to model swap into some of the girl characters would go a long way already

Why isn't that a thing even?

I don't mind to be honest

William without the ponytail is ridiculously hot (no homo) and some of the armour looks super badass (minus the helmets).

I was just speculating as to why this general is basically dead.

The weirdness of William's masculine animations on a qt, probably.

The ded thred is probably because the game already lost a lot of peoples' interest for ironically not being enough like Souls and because post-game is grindan forever.

Also the lack of PVP deterring people, and the fact that co-op is virtually pointless if your partner doesn't already understand what to do.

I haven't noticed any that particularly stand out desu

>because post-game is grindan forever
respecs play a factor as well I'd say

in Souls you HAVE to level a new character if you want to go for a different build

Nioh you just respec

You probably would if you could actually use female skins.

okatsu best girl

>Because not so many players filled out the questionnaire we had to go out to forums to learn more about what people thought about Alpha and Beta demos
>There we learned words like "waifu" and "weeaboo"

if I could use female skins I probably wouldn't care

Yea, once you make your way through way of the strong and the twilight missions, there's nothing left to do (other than grind your ass off for a perfect spec).

timestamp?

about 15:00

love me some KT and Team Ninja

>>There we learned words like "waifu" and "weeaboo"
or git gud

lel

What's the best secondary weapon type for a red memeon build?

Anything that scales with body

I've finished NG+ last night, and now trying to decide what to do with my time.

I primarily play 1kat (stacking damage from behind). Usually just have a second 1kat with different elemental damage on it. Should I use a different secondary weapon?

Using Kingo's set for armor.

You do for the attack on Ki pulse

I figured we'd wait for new content before bringing another thread up, but oh well, it's nice to see you faggots again.

How can you roll on damage from behind on your 1kat (or any other weapon)? I probably spent close to 4m on reforge (both usual material and divine fragments) and still cant get damage from behind. Also, what's the top number you can get on that stat?

Same thing with final blow, which I can not get.
WTF? Am I just the unluckiest person to play this game?

>yasakani magatama dropped off ng+ giant toad on first attempt
>never even tried farming for it
>didn't even know it was in the loot table
So, what kinds of fun stuff can I do now?

One item buffs for certain skills e.g Spearfall 30%+ damage from WotEast

Red Demon*

so are spears just REALLY weak compared to other classes? Anyone got any clips of wrecking stuff without lw/crit/final blow for spears for the late game?

Damage trade off for utility, you get an infinite high-stance combo against humans and it has great reach

figured. Fun weapon, but not 2-4 shotting any bosses was a bit of a bummer. Luckily all the stances are fun so it encourages you to switch between all (fluidity).

Has anyone been able to do 40k+ final blow damage like 1kats with spear?

Probably not, there isn't a spear equivalent of Iai, or any massive damage attack really.

these faggots keep talking about 20k final blow damage but I don't see how even that is doable without carnage or something

I have 75% final blow damage from passive skills, atagi with a 24.9% final blow damage roll and sanada and my final blows only hit revenants for maybe 7k IF my attack is first buffed up by a successful twirl

I mean, who wouldn't use carnage? It's near 90-130% dmg increase last I heard.

Try tachibana in the ng+ 160 mission, shoot em in the head, apply carnage, then final blow him and see how much damage you do. I've done some 18k to two kings with a +5, without 24% on wpn, so you should do more (my attack is measly 1.1k).

First playthrough here. Is there a point where you should stop leveling up a stat due to diminishing returns?

There's no softcap on stats. They just have a weird convention where they diminish over about 3-5 levels at a time, and then go back to giving you good bonuses.

>I mean, who wouldn't use carnage?

someone who wants to stack health and defense

If I have equal points in Heart and Body, would my 1kat have the same attack with Change to Attack (Body) A+ as it would with Change to Attack (Heart) A+?

so use power pills? either way you should have either of the buffs.