Why aren't there more options for new, entry level 2 door cars...

Why aren't there more options for new, entry level 2 door cars? The only 2 doors available under $18K are the ugly Yaris and tiny, feminine Fiat 500 and Smart Fortwo.

18 isnt enough to get a good car
get a golf maybe?

Because buyers of entry level cars usually care about practicality first, so 2 doors are only acceptable for tiny cars.

That market's reserved for Europe and Japan.

>18 isn't enough to get a good car
>Yaris starts at 15
>Fit starts at 14
OH KAY

90% of Peugeot 107s I see here are 4-door. Also they're barely larger than a Yaris.

>they're barely larger than a Yaris
They're supposed to be smaller.

Other than that, 3-door hatches seem to be a dying breed. Manufacturers just add an extra pair of doors because that's what people buy.
Hell, even the new Twingo is a 5-door instead of a 3-door like the previous generations.

Why aren't there more options for 2 door SUVs?
Look at how cute this shit is.

There's also the Mini and the Beetle.

Golf 2 door was killed in the US due to poor sales

Muh fat kids that can't fit between the seat and b pillar

Lel m8 it's the size of the aygo

Because men buy used shitboxes

It IS an Aygo

I know. I was just trying to emphasize that it's a euro segment smaller than the yaris.

Also, fuck 'em for making those A segment cars. No rpm counter as standard, only as a 1k euro option where I live, and it's pic related, it literally looks glued on afterwards

Jesus, might as well grab a 20 dollar one from Ebay at that point.

Those are standard? I saw one a while back and assumed it was aftermarket

Well not standard, because standard is jo rpm counter, but yes that is the OEM option for a rpm counter

Why buy new? You can buy a very nice car from almost any genre for the same price as a new economic.

Sports car
Luxury car
Roadster
Hybrid
SUV

I would say get Gm to introduce the Corsa or Astra to GMC or chevrolet

The new Cruze is basically an Astra with a bodykit.

Disgusting id much rather have an eBay special red back lit 5" tacho

I just bought a brand new focus for 15k

literally blandest car on the market

>Other than that, 3-door hatches seem to be a dying breed. Manufacturers just add an extra pair of doors because that's what people buy.

Exactly that, and it's not just hatches, it's trucks too.

Actually compact SUVs is probably the dead market segment I miss the most.

Euroland has quite a few compact SUVs and SUV-alikes like Ford Ecosport, it's just all of them are 4-door. It's kinda ridiculous how the choice of 2-door ones boils down to $50k Evoque or $5k Niva.

this desu, why not just get a used car from like 2010

More options means more configurations at the factory which increase the cost so limited the options keeps the cost down which makes sense because these are poor fag cars.

and this is partially why cheap new cars don't exist anymore, at that cheaper price range there's lots of better equipped cars for the same price as a very very very base model new car

That's a 4 door

You can get a 2 door to dammit

>feminine Fiat 500
Real men aren't emasculated by supposedly feminine cars.

>new econoboxes
because they're pointless shit. just get a civic for 3k.

99% of Americans think they need at least a "compact" hatchback, or midsize sedan at the smallest. They convince themselves they'll have 3 kids and will need to go to home depot to pick up bathroom fixtures and shit because they want to pretend they know how to do things.

I'm really just dragging out saying that Americans are fuckwits that, even though most of them really only need an A-B car 99% of the time, they think they need a giant car for the once a month trips to pick up 5 cubic feet of cargo.

i have the attached, cost me £12000 and cars are notoriously expensive here compared to the US, surely these things cost the equivalent of £5-8000 over there?

Mah nigga.

I paid for pic related (2012 1.2 TSI) 14.000€ brand new and sold it 2 years ago for 9.900€.

I miss it, it was a nice fun car, anyways the new Ibiza is 5 doors only and to me it looks like shit (also fake exhaust in rear bumper).

>tfw still no 3doors Ecoboost Focus under 10k€ in Europe

reeeee

There will never be one m8

I'm talking used, not new

Same thing. There is no 3 door ecoboost focus

why get a 2-door car at all?

Golf

/Thread
You are a projecting faggot , Americans often do shit around our homes or on vehicles

The Golf costs at it's lowest $18,000 and has 4 doors. You mean the Beetle.