Is it really the amazing value everyone says it is?

Is it really the amazing value everyone says it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

vettehound.com/geo/classifieds.php?a=2&b=10043
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Maybe

Yes.

Unfortunately it's the official car of middle aged divorced men, so get ready to listen to stories of regret from your new friends.

>muh value
i often wonder what its like living life as a bench racer

Asking about the value of THE value sports car makes you a bench racer? Fucking immolate yourself dude.

Yes. before GMs quality took a nose dive during the financial woes but a little too 90s to be sought after by people with $$$.

Find a stock car faster for the same price

they can't lololol

Damn Oscar was close.

Excellent value. But it's still got some "sports car" tier maintenance items like it's staggered wheels and rear spark plugs are a bitch to change.

C5 is a fun car.

Should I pick up a 90,000 mile beat one with a 6 speed for $10k?

no get a clean Z06 for 18k

Don't have the money. Considering a Charger police car with the Hemi or one of these in the absolute bottom bracket of their available listings

vettehound.com/geo/classifieds.php?a=2&b=10043

looked for 5 secs

Yes it's an amazing performance bargain, but everyone will know you wanted an RX7 TT but couldn't afford it.

Chargers only come in automatics, though.

I'm mainly looking for sporty RWD V8, manual or not is not as important to me as power and enjoyment while driving. The Charger police cars handle a lot better than the stock ones and the parts are dirt cheap

An s2000 or an r33 with some bolts ons are faster and cheaper

I like to think so. You basically only are paying the inflation cost of the car and some miles got put on. Great out of the box car and easily modded.

>so get ready to listen to stories of regret from your new friends.
What do you think happens here?

I guess...if you are into that sort of thing

That's a C6

Why do people say this? A C6 with a LS2 can be had for $22kish which has a less strung out engine and better torque curve.

yeah nah

>new friends
Why would I have convos with boomers and Gen Xers?

If I go for a C5 Z06, it will be for track events and boomers don't go to track events due to laziness.

Yes

S2000s are like $20k now days for clean ones, whereas you can get met a C5 Z06 for $18k

yeah nah

now try a bolt on C5 and it will eat your Japs

I was faced with that choice. I went c5z over ls2. Handling and feel aspects are different as most people will tell you the c5z feels more raw. Yes the ls2 is bigger cubes. For me a lot was the body style as I love the frc look. The early model c6s to me seem tame looking in its stock state.

>Have 17k
>Buy r33 for 10k
>Spend 7k on mods

>Buy z06 for 17k
>No money left for mods

Keep sperging

Got mine for 9 grand + used diff =~ 10 grand
50k miles 03

>S2000s are like $20k now days for clean ones
depends on the season but 15k-18k for a clean one is more realistic at least if you live in a more populated area

Or live in a country where car culture is slow to catch up so they are now starting to appreciate slowly ;)

>Less money than 86
>Much faster than 86 with just tires
>LS engine so it's insanely modifiable and has an extensive aftermarket
Yes
It's not quite as fast, but a non-anniversary one will cost substantially less.

whats the point of a v8 thats not manual?

It has enough torque to pull in any gear anyways
Plus autos are faster in the quarter mile

Fast cars don't equal fun cars ;) .Autos ruin all the fun of slamming gears and making fun of the guy that mis-shifted and blew his motor