Why people like to shit on the CVT? I think it's pretty neat

Why people like to shit on the CVT? I think it's pretty neat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x3UpBKXMRto
youtu.be/95HqyUDxr4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it inherently cannot handle high torque in the form factor necessary for passenger cars
so I guess if you think 200lbft cars are pretty neat, OK

Its good for shitboxes that don't put out a lot of power, which is fine for that.
It also has the benefit of infinite gearing ratios which makes it better than a manual on paper.
But it cannot handle huge amounts of torque without getting ridiculously expensive, and any major factory car does not let you fully control the cvt, just lets you select pre-programmed gears that intimidate what a normal manual has.
Good on paper, not in reqal life.

>muh tork

It's good for 200-ish horsepower.

Did you not just read anything I just wrote?

SOON

what are you doing posting my chiggun?

I think the cvt design in the chevy volt/toyota prius/some other hybrids is neat. They have no belts, just two electric motors always connected to the ICE, and varying speeds of the motors varies the output ratio. Mechanically should be extremely reliable, no clutches, no torque convertor, just always interlocked gears. If the electronics last, theres very few mechanical parts to wear out.

I think it's a cool idea that suits some cars well, but most of us here aren't interested in appliances, we want performance and passion

Why are you choking your cock???

they make shitboxes even more soul crushingly boring to drive

I drove a nissan sentra with one and felt like killing myself after

It's neat in a snow machine or a golf cart when it takes 2 minutes to change. Beyond retarded when it's in a pigfat car.

Why would he when all he wants to do is shitpost

Chicken owner here. I couldn't give fewer shits. The same people who cry over that stuff are the same people who never had livestock and only had cats, dogs, and the like.

Last year we killed our whole flock because they stopped laying eggs.

Then again, I shoot at squirrels with a black powder revolver for fun, so my moral compass might be loose.

Fucking this

Havign your revs "stick" is so uncanny. I drove a Chevy cobalt hatch with a CVT and accelerating normally the engine would stick at 2700 rpm from 10-40, the weirdest fucking thing ever.

Although, they're not as slow as Veeky Forums would have you believe. If you had 2 equal sub-200 HP shitboxes on a drag strip, one with a CVT and one with a manual, the CVT would theoretically win every time

CVT or BBC?

>Although, they're not as slow as Veeky Forums would have you believe
CVTs are fast
youtu.be/x3UpBKXMRto

not true CVT is shit

youtu.be/95HqyUDxr4Y

CVTs are great for your shitbox DD, but consumers are idiots and demanded "gear shifts", completely defeating the point of CVTs.

>I couldn't give fewer shits.

yet you bother to reply. thanks for my (you)

you're gay.

your*

Subaru CVT's are very nice. Just butthurt domestic cucks who don't know what a "proper" CVT feels like hate on it.

>his car has paddle shifters connected to a CVT

your're are

I'd drive a column shifter cvt with bench seats if I could reEeEEeEEEE