/emugen/ - Emulation General: READ THE GODDAMN WIKI edition

Last thread: emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

News:
Retroarch 1.5.0 is officially out. It added snow in vulkan mode, woopee.
Cemu can play Breath of the Wild, poorly.
RPCS3 can play Demon's Souls, poorly.
GlideN64 can make body harvest work better and there's a hack been added to PJ64 to make DK64 display more correctly.
Byuu found his missing PAL carts. No, you can't have the dumps.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Alcaro/minir
www66.zippyshare.com/v/M52q9py1/file.html
board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1546&start=10#p38751
floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html
patreon.com/Project64
github.com/libretro/bsnes-mercury/issues/34#issuecomment-285327953
youtu.be/grbSQ6O6kbs
twitter.com/Romhacking_net/status/842180161894244352
archive.org/details/ROMhacking.netFiles2015-12-29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

emulation is still a meme

Can someone please paste a make america great again cap on this

Never played a GameCube game before.
What should I start with?

Mario Sunshine I guess.
Smash Bros Melee was my favourite Gamecube game though, give that a whirl.

What genres do you like?

>tfw no working casio loopy emulation in the year of our lourdy lourdy 2017

>tfw still no J2ME Retroarch core

dating sims

Harvest Moon, it's a wonderful life.

Zelda BoTW: I've been doing a save-load trick to bypass control freezing when a treasure chest activates on Cemu. Right after you kill the last monster you save just before the chest activates. When you load, the chest is activated, the cutscene is bypassed.

I can't get surfaces physics to work like the magnet tablet. It just doesn't connect with stuff, as if the magnetic blocks are transparent objects. Similarly, water doesn't exist, so I can walk through lakes.

Do you think they'll have updated shit by Friday's release?

no

You're actually trying to play through the game on that shit? It's not going to be playable for ages. They're going to intentionally only fix a small amount of bugs each month to keep the money coming in.

A used Wii U is like $150.

you're implying people are going to keep donating even if there's little progress

>hey patrons, our newest build, now BotW runs at 6FPS instead of 5FPS and that's it
>hey, this isn't worth 5 bucks for the early version, I'll just stop donating and wait

you underestimate the stupidity of people

I mean they already gave this much

they only gave it this much to play it when it went from playing look at menus to being able to play, before it had like 5-6k per month

once the novelty wears off it will get boring to play a game that is essentially broken, that can't be finished, that requires workarounds everywhere like save files and cheat engine

What do I do with the files once I've downloaded a game with Wii U USB helper? Want to use them on CEMU. I have three folders with the game, update, and DLC.

Right I just unpacked them but now I have "Code" "Content" and "Meta" folders for the update, main game, and DLC. I know I have to add the code, content, and meta folders of the update or the dlc into the main game folders and overwrite them but if i do the dlc will that suffice? Do I then have to write over the update folders too?

>I know I have to add the code, content, and meta folders of the update or the dlc into the main game folders and overwrite them
no you don't

p-please tell wat do?

I have MK8 running and working but there's no DLC

Has byuu said something stupid that we can laugh at yet? Getting bored.

>>>/hbg/

Someone fork this and finish it

github.com/Alcaro/minir

don't we already have enough trash?
phoenix/skeleton key/rgui/atv

>last Dolphin update was 2 days 20 hours ago

That's the sort of thing I'd expect from some mismanaged, go nowhere project like PCSX2, not Dolphin. What is going on here?

You mean besides saying he hopes Cemu gets sued and retweeting feminist twitter accounts?

He's a parody of himself.

that's nothing fâm, citra goes a week sometimes without updates

Big news, dolphin can now emulate the wii u and the sega master system

Really? fucking lol. I guess the HRT does fuck your brain up. Who the fuck still funds him?

They haven't been able to emulate the GameCube in over a decade. Somehow I doubt they emulated the Wii U in 2 days.

anyone use a front end? they any good ones? i hear about launchbox wasnt is free and emulatio station.

Accuracy is nice, but now well does it play?

All went downhill since Fiora left the project

retroFE

Some might say it went downhill after we convinced one of the devs to kill himself.

>we convinced one of the devs to kill himself.
"We" didn't do anything. Just look at that pic and you can see the reason it killed itself.

Wind Waker

Does Retropie only work if you're running Raspbian? I'm not a huge fan of running Raspbian but I still want to be able to use my Pi 3 as an emulation box

>They're going to intentionally only fix a small amount of bugs each month to keep the money coming in.

You are a fucking retarded. People will endlessly shit on them if they don't get what they want, and what they want could also be irrational.

any place for dice roms?

yeah

Can't seem to find a good answer online.
Are any of the Retroarch cores for NES worth jackshit? Like, I realise that the 'definitive' NES emulators have no liberto port but I'm making a cheap retroarch box for someone and I'd rather not have to use anything outside of it.

Read the fucking op. The title of the fucking op.
I write guide after guide and you fuckers just fucking ignore it. It's simple:
>What emulator am I trying to use?
Cemu
>I shall navigate to the wiki page for cemu
Oh look, a helpful guide on exactly how to download and extract the files i want, as well as how to sort and run them in cemu.

Does your mum stand by your shoulder all day repeatedly telling you to inhale and exhale?

I use emulation station. It's a bit shit but it's simple to use.

Fceumm or nestopia. Nestopia is very accurate. Fceumm has overclock if you want that to prevent slowdown.

Cheers mate. Don't suppose you have any opinions on the SNES cores while you're at it? Was planning to try out a few myself just to come to my own conclusions but it'd be I'd be interested in getting some outside opinions.

Getting rpcs3 to work shoud be of higher priority.
>inb4 no games
fuck nintendo and their shitty zelda

Open you mouth for the airplane, little user!

www66.zippyshare.com/v/M52q9py1/file.html

>shoud be of higher priority.

Yeah, but let's be real, the only thing that could somewhat reach the level of zelda hype is P5, everything else has zero chance.

Bsnes-mercury balanced. It lets you overclock the superfx chip emulation and is very accurate otherwise.

It runs it at a few frames per second in cutscenes, i think.

Just look at this post and you can see why she killed herself.

>FCEUX on Linux

What the fuck is up with this stupid shit? It doesn't automatically scale the game to fit the window and full-screen doesn't work. Why is this such garbage compared to the Windows version?

Absolutely epic

It's zeromusware

So I just downloaded CEMU cause I just learned about it, and people are mentioning needing open GL, but I've never heard of that shit, what is it and do I really need it to run CEMU?

>not just using RA

It's basically what allows you to run graphics on the emulator. You can download it from a site but make sure to get the 10.2a version and nothing after.

The site in question is on the wiki.

>bsnes mercury is a disgusting hack that undermines all of the accuracy I have tried to bring to the SNES emulation world, like reverting the years we spent on SNES coprocessor LLE, back to the hack-fest HLE code, killing off hard-fought and hard-won accuracy improvements in the name of speed, etc.

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1546&start=10#p38751

byuu apparently doesn't know what he's talking about. It doesn't revert the SNES coprocessor LLE at all, it just adds the HLE code back in as an option, something that hardly could be considered "killing off hard-fought and hard-won accuracy improvements". And all the other changes either are optimizations that have zero effect on accuracy or optional enhancements like SuperFX overclock.

Lets just say that Alcaro and byuu are no longer on speaking terms over bsnes-mercury and other things.

floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html

patreon.com/Project64

seems legit

>This fork being actively developed, along with all the others that seek to revert and undo my progress, is a slap in the face to what I'm trying to accomplish. And at times, I wish I hadn't moved to a GPL license so that I could block these things.

lol

Bsnes-mercury is:
a) two years behind standalone
b) abandoned by Alcaro
c) with bug fixed in standalone

github.com/libretro/bsnes-mercury/issues/34#issuecomment-285327953

A libretro core out of date? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

youtu.be/grbSQ6O6kbs

>two years behind standalone

Two years of minutia that only pertains to specific homebrew roms, anti-features like forced 512x480 output, removal of the balanced profile for no really good reason.

That SDD1 thing is the first real thing I've seen that actually affects a game. It would be better those changes was just backported specifically and the rest was ignored.

Also: future of Parallell N64/PSX is bright as black hole.

01:37 TinyTiger made the whole thing
01:37 nobody contributed to it
01:38 < Hypnotoad90> is tinytiger still working on it?
01:38 no idea if he is still working on it
01:38 he regards it as a fun joke project
01:38 he does in his spare time

Also: Random changes of code can break something, if made by an idiot.

01:41 < Hypnotoad90> Twinaphex, werent you working on something yourself?
01:41 < Hypnotoad90> like a new rdp or something i forget
01:41 I don’t see much of a point
01:41 the code is all too broken in thes graphics plugins
01:41 it’s too much messy garbage code
01:41 lifted from oman
01:41 < Hypnotoad90> damn
01:41 and the tiniest thing you change can break something
01:41 not worth it

But there will be bounty system, so maybe someone will fix n64 emulation for $50.

>b) abandoned by Alcaro

byuu thinks it's still actively developed to spite him

Why don't you tell him what you think on there? Afraid you'll get banned and won't be able to monitor their IRC 24/7? :^)

In any case, you have to go back.

>Why don't you tell him what you think on there
Why would anyone want to interact with the retard that is SP?

SP checks emugen every hour.

there's a real fix for that. In your cemu folder make another folder called "gameProfiles" create new text doc called "00050000101c9500" and paste this in the doc "#The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (EUR)

[CPU]
emulateSinglePrecision = true"

You do, apparently, since you are fixated on everything that he says on IRC and respond to it on here

I am not even the same guy you paranoid fuck
Might wanna check your victim complex

Like I can tell one user from another. If you want to differentiate yourself get a tripcode.

Name one non-retarded dev.

My DS3 is not being detected by wangblows 10 so it's not installing the xbox drivers, so no scp.

what do

Henrik

nocash

i'm only mildly retarded, so

too bad that guy makes his emulators unusable.
only version of no$gba worth using is 2.6a with all kinds of hacky shit to make it work right.

yeah, his emulators are crap. But his system documentation is excellent.

Is Hyperspin still a massive project to setup? Thinking about downloading it.

I miss the old days when he actually participated in the thread (and got banned)

Fiora

oh shit son

twitter.com/Romhacking_net/status/842180161894244352

An hour and a half to go from "We're coming back, don't worry" to "It's all over, thanks guys".

What happened?

Doesn't matter, they never offered prepatched ROMs anyways

His posts in previous thread -

Those are anonymous, they could actually be anyone. I'm talking about when he actually used a tripcode.

fake news

There are a lot of really good hacks on RomHacking.net, like the color correction and voice removal for Super Mario Advance 4. And they were just starting to get serious about organization too.
I hope they're at least going to archive the ones that are currently uploaded.

It's a fake Twitter you retards.

that place is TREASURE.
btw they fixed castlevania dos magic-drawing recently.

Proof.

>the HRT does fuck your brain up
Wait, is Byuu a tranny now too? Why are all emulation devs trannies?

Good games
Skies of Arcadia:Legends
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess
Smash Bros.Melee
Mario Kart:Double Dash
Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door
Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg(Weird little game)
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness
The Legend Of Zelda:Windwaker
Please don't hate my list guys

No

>I hope they're at least going to archive the ones that are currently uploaded.
archive.org/details/ROMhacking.netFiles2015-12-29

>fixed castlevania dos magic-drawing
How? By removing it?

That's over a year old.

Don't forget your definite and indefinite articles, Pajeet.

nah. you just draw the first stroke