/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Really wanted to kill the Storm King:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
GameSpot gameplay (mostly same as above but with some extra stuff): youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64
youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU&t=329s
youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/58ru20/how_poise_works_in_108/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

youtube.com/watch?v=G-ogfoPhz64

This will be in the next OP as well.

are you stupid?

champions gravetender uses a shield and sword, artorias does as well. He has a wolf, artorias also does. Gravetender wears a dark mask, a mask from a darkwraith, darkwraiths are affliated with kathee, an abysscockmongler.

Yeah

I'm the best at dark souls lore you fucking virgin losers

but seriously, is this game good on keyboard or should i prepare myself a gamepad ? (ds1)

user you are SO COOL

Reposting from previous thread

>
>To be fair, there was more than just the one guy fighting in that arena. We haven't gotten any ashes from the others yet, so who's to say they wouldn't give access to the same arena?
>
>Forgive me, I started mixing up words about halfway through that post.
>Either spin the DaS3 map until catacombs are to the left of anor londo, or spin the DaS1 map until catacombs are above anor londo. You need two anchor points to orient a map, not just one, that's something you learn in basic military training. Use catacombs and anor londo as your two anchor points, and everything else lines up in very sensible ways.

>ds1
Do not, under any circumstances, try playing DS1 with KB+M.

>Thought you could outwit an onion?
>Wait, where's the damn giant?
Fucking hell, patches. Getting dumber each game.

New spells going to be pure shit like always.

Floating Chaos was actually kind of okay, and the new catalyst is borderline broken when used with Black Flame.

mmm...be very....very careful now...hmmm...pickle...mmm

>the new catalyst is borderline broken when used with Black Flame
Whoa, really? How?

Everything sucks.

>borderline broken when used with Black Flame.
No. BF always was like this. Fags just never use pyro before. Poise change buffed pyroglove

this new dreg seems pretty cool:
youtube.com/watch?v=UpZD7l_LPmU&t=329s
but it'll probably suck damage wise

Parting Pyromancy Flame spits little spurts of fire during casting animations for offensive spells. They do about 30% of the damage the spell itself does. Normally this isn't a big deal since most other spells go a whole lot further than the fire spurts do, but BF's already high damage has about the same range as them and they come out slightly before it does but not so early that they can't both hit at the same time.

Senpai, I know what I'm talking about here.

The new dreg doesn't have that animation. It is just slightly bigger Great Deep Soul.
Source: Vaati's notes

Ok, so how exactly did patches make the bridge go down? There's no lever here or anything like that. And now he's all the way on the other side.

even if its that bad, i dont know if playing with my esperanza pad for 4$ will be any better

>invade someone
>he beats me
>invade the same guy again later
>lose again
I hate this.

Unkindled Gwyn is going to be an npc in the ringed city.

He's very distant about who he is but gives you plenty of existential lore dumps when you find him.

If you find him at both locations you get the option to fight filianore alongside him, after which point you can return to the ringed city barracks to collect the lord's ashes. Lord's ashes allow you to lurchase the gwyn and gwyndolin armor sets, and slabs for 225,000 each

Vaati's notes actually don't talk about what the new Dreg looks like, it just has the item description. It being a bigger Deep Soul comes from this guy.

>I know what I'm talking about here.
Really?
Normal pyro glove hase L2 L1 combo.

>experience the same thing
>fight him again
>I win

>Move to another area so he can never fight me again

;^)

As long as it has two sticks, an L1/L2 and R1/R2, it will be much better.

If you really must use KB+M, download the community fix for it. It's not as good as a controller, but it's better than what the game itself does.

Normal pyro glove has L1 (spell) L2 (weapon art) combo, not L2 L1. Yes, it does more damage. No, it doesn't make it better, since the fire spurts come out sooner and interrupt attacks even through lag, which is far more useful in PvP.

Spoilers when?

Now

Today at 6pm.

Can't wait for this meme to die. Fortunately it will be a swift death.

they'll reveal 2 new weapons and that's it

Whatll your face be when you realize its not a meme?

I wish there was a more interesting infusion for characters that make use of weapon-buffing miracles or spells than just Raw.

Some sort of amplifier infusion that made that weapon more powerful when buffed but weaker in its base state.

Gael is actually Gwyn no shit here user

Is there any reason to ever use the jumping weapon art on the 2kat? It puts you into instability, takes like 2 seconds, and doesnt even do a lot of damage. Does it at least have some special effect like extra bleed or headshot damage?

>everything leek user said has been right so far
Well what do you know, he really was legit.

I did it. But it still doesn't look much like you described your guess.

What do you think the likelihood of the last DLC introducing useful and good new spells? How about the likelihood of those spells getting nerfed to the fucking ground shortly afterwards if they are good?

Getting hit by the edge jump when it's buffed with carthus rouge is pretty much a death sentence in Arena

>No, it doesn't make it better
Yes, but new pyro is not borderline broken. Even without this glove you can spam R1 L1 like a god. The poise patch change everything. The way how BF breaking poise. Breaking everything no matter how much you have.

well, it does but its one stick is in a diffrent place than in xbox pad so i dont know if it wouldnt make it worse ? (pic related is exactly the one that i have)

>this post

Looking for a strong PC BF who's willing to spare 5 or so minutes duping some stuff. If you act now, I'll throw in a free Havel's +2 and FaP +2!

Dark Souls 2 sort of did this. Even elemental infusions could be buffed by spells of the same element. It's a nice balance because split AR all the time is slightly worse but if you buff with the same element it becomes seriously powerful.

>

It headshots, meaning you out-trade anything but stomp. Stomp, however, is only immune to headshots on the first part, not the second, and you have enough time to escape the second hit if you don't follow up with an l1. Headshots even break unfaltering prayer, even with the Sunlight Talisman.

CCS and Sabre still kings after all those patches? What about Dark CCS meta? Happened or not?

Ack, no don't literally overlap them. DaS3's map is going to be larger, being released on a next-gen console five years later does that. It's better to keep them side by side.

Here, look at it like this. Purple is anor londo, blue is catacombs, red is izalith/demon ruins, grey is blighttown/farron, brown is burg-sens/settlement-irithyll, green is darkroot/cathedral.

>invaded near the Watchdoggos bonfire
>take the elevator up
>invader is waiting for me at the top of the stairs
>use Beckon to tell him to fight me in the space at the bottom of the stairs
>he runs out of my range
>pop seed
>run towards him and slap him with a running r1
>guy starts running directly towards the giant demon
>doesn't notice the demon turning around towards him
>demon kills him in one swipe

CCS and Sabre got hit hard by the nerf but are still terrific weapons. 2H CCS loses in R1 trades to a Longsword at 40/40 Refined now each while Sabre has an AR edge on CCS it lacks bleed but makes up for it in the terrific. The gap between them and the Pontiff Knight Curved Sword is marginal at best now however. The real kings are the Washing Pole/Gargoyle Flame Spear for 2H weapons and arguably Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword 1H with a Black Knight Shield.

First known spell is literally just a bigger great deep soul, second known spell is a fireball that explodes a second or so after you throw it instead of as soon as you do. So, I'm gonna go with no, not really a good chance of useful and new good spells.

Parting flame literally makes BF by itself better.

Oh, this is neat.

What is your opinion of the Greatsword of Judgement?

>GFS still immortal
Jesus

Very good weapon, but also very stat hungry because quality/int. If you're going to use it, it's the only thing you'll be using. Fortunately, it's worth it.

I like everything about it except for the enormous sheath that looks terrible with everything and ruins the entire weapon for me.

everything being on the other side of anor londo actually makes more sense, it would allow them to do whatever they wanted geographically without having to worry about continuity outside of irithyll, which would obviously be built on top of the anor londo ruins.

Actually it's a dex/int weapon. It scales really badly with str

Great lore, great appearance, decent weapon art, would've been infinitely cooler as a dual GS weapon with PGS and not as MLGS lite.

I for one love the sheath, it goes well with my Faraam armor. Why is it the only boss weapon with a sheath, though?

Better than MLGS if you want beams.
+Aesthetics

>thrusting with the WA doesn't fire a magic blast like pontiff does
it's SHIT

>looks terrible with everything
Wolf Knight Chest. Offhand a Pontiff Knight Curved while you're at it.
You're welcome.

2-3 AR per level up to 40 is not "scales poorly", user. That's exactly as much as it gets from Dex scaling, and is a textbook example of quality scaling.

I'm going to use the white hair talisman and you can't stop me.

>free frag with shit build
eeeeeh?

Those lava pools make me mad. What the fuck were they thinking? It's not like Demon Ruins where you can just come back with the ring, no, you just have to stack fire resist and chug like hell.

>there are people who cheese ancient wyvern
baka

The two Anor Londos have to be the same size though surely, because its the same map?

But anyway. The Dark souls 1 map is more like this in box form from above.

30%-50% less damage, depending on which spell.

did you kill it by only hitting the legs?

guys that fucking coccoon nigger from the collapsed bridge tricked me.
now i'm hollowing.

My build uses the power of love or something, you can't win.

Yep it's pretty stupid. Have to dress up like a moron, chug in the lava and hope some slime doesn't cancel your estus at a shitty time.

Doesn't even matter.

my fair lady

hitting the tail and head does alright damage, still took 20 minutes though

DaS1 demon ruins begins at the south end of blighttown, then runs under and between catacombs and anor londo, and DaS3 demon ruins is in the same area. It's DaS1 lost izalith that sticks out past anor londo. In which case, I probably shouldn't have typed "lost izalith" and should've stuck with "demon ruins" instead. For the brown burg box, I was also including Sen's there.

But yeah, you can see how the areas correlate. The specifics of the geography are different, but the zones themselves are in the right places.

Amazing damage when specced properly but is demanding on a 120 build. Lacks anything distinguishable otherwise since it still has bastard R2s and average GS range save the the WA beam which is only slightly better than that of the MLGS.

Would only be worth it if it actually dropped something additional.

Congratulations, you have zombie aids. Either keep it and drink the kool-aid, or talk to the shrine merchant and buy the 20,000 souls key.

It's actually just fine if you're only using it for buff or support spells like tears of denial, warmth, and blessed weapon. Just don't expect to kill anything with it is all, and prepare to get really annoyed by the Int requirement being 16 instead of 15 if you have any amount of autism at all.

The second new arena, Grand Roof.

youtube.com/watch?v=UVM4AsXX4yk

Playing through DaS2 and I have a question to Das3 players, how the fuck do you even play the game without poise? Wait hours rolling and circling around like a moron to hit enemies only in-between their attacks? I just can't fucking imagine, I get annoyed when anything staggers me and go stack more poise/put ring before fighting the same shit.

everything about this boss pisses me off

>massive explorable area full of items and secondary paths
>AUTOMATICALLY TELEPORTS YOU OUT WHEN YOU KILL THE BOSS

WHY
>

Some feg invaded me in the burg and hit me once to a full curse status, haxx0r or legit?

You can go back you know.

It's actually really not that bad if you've been upgrading your estus flask. You can straight up just run across the fire and carefully chug when you need to. Spamming roll thinking it'll reduce damage is what gets people.

Also for some reason, if you enter the lava while blocking, the fire resistance of your shield applies until you let it down.

It's more about initiative than anything else. Enemies are also easy to stagger, so if you can keep the aggression and pressure you'll kill the more troublesome enemies without giving them much time to put any pressure on you. Lothric Knights and Pontiff Knights are prime examples of this.

How many bosses in the new DLC?

inexcusable

DaS3 poise is complicated. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It actually has a lot in common with DaS2 poise.

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/58ru20/how_poise_works_in_108/

You get used to it. It helps if you played Bloodborne, because then you get the reflex down to always roll out of taking any damage, and not try to press your own openings unless you're using a big weapon.

That, or you just switch poise on with the Collector's Edition.

>20,000 souls
is it the only way to open that door?

Absolutely sure at least 3, probably 4, unlikely 5 and impossible 6 or more.

>all Re-used assets
>can only do 2 new arenas

-demon prince
-abyss dragon
-angel boss
-filianore boss

You can kill the nun. If you don't care about miracles.

Official number not given. Unofficial number derived from hacking unused files in the base game suggests four.

>all Re-used assets
>can only do 2 new arenas
Keep in mind that spreading the queued players out over more maps reduces the number of players in the pool for each separate map.

>switch from PS4 to PC
>be greedy kike
>48 bucks for GOTY edition
>releases end of April

nooo. she's muh waifu.

I did play BB, before DaS and DaS2. I guess I'll get used to somehow. Probably just got used to poise because I was going big weapons in DaS, now going quality in DaS2. I guess big weapons aren't really viable much in DaS3?
>That, or you just switch poise on with the Collector's Edition.
What do you mean?

Licia will literally try to murder you.

nobody even plays dark souls arena even going back to DaS1, so desu i dont care.

a much better system would have been to allow summoning/invading inside of boss rooms after you've killed the boss, turning the PvE arenas into PvP arenas