I have a car. I want to make my car louder...

I have a car. I want to make my car louder. I want something almost exactly like in pic related (doesn't need to be on an angle). I have $300 to spend. I do not know a thing about modifying cars.

What do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VnHpPi7E9pU
youtube.com/watch?v=AEwS2608NzE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cut your muffler off. boom, you're loud

Mine looks exactly like this. I don't want to cut it off, I want it to be clearly visible.

get a catback

Google axle back exhaust.

cut off muffler
get $40 ebay replacement
weld it on

Cut out the cats and weld some 3" steel exhaust pipe from wherever that was in your exhaust system

Is your car a R34?

Is it a GT or GT-T?

What's the difference between a catback/axle back exhaust and a muffler? I looked up some of those and they're out of my price range.

>cut off
>weld

I'm not going to risk doing something like that because I'll probably fuck something up in my car with my autism.

Yes, it's an R34. It's a GT. Is there a difference between the exhausts for a GT and a GTT?

You are everything wrong with the car community.

Thanks.

>ls swap
>straight pipes
>?????

youtube.com/watch?v=VnHpPi7E9pU

then get a shop to do it

its the same shit but more expensive

either way it wont be $300

but then it will sound like absolute garbage

>I want it to sound louder
>I dont want it to sound like shit
Pick one

I'm not this guy And I'm pretty sure anything like this is going to be way too loud to be legal where I live.

get a big block OP. they sound great
youtube.com/watch?v=AEwS2608NzE

>I know nothing about modifying cars
>Owns an R34
>Wants to make it loud

Do you at least know how to work on cars? The R34 is a terrible first enthusiast car, even if money is no object, its far too complicated for beginners.

You are a true fuccboi of the highest caliber.

>Do you at least know how to work on cars?

Nope. Honestly senpai, I just like the way the R34 looks. That's the only reason I got it.

nah

straight pipes are garbage especially on american V8s which sound bad anyway

but a proper muffler (not ebay garbage) is likely not going to be that loud

what

R34s are basic shitboxes

There are better ways to spend $300 on an R34 than make it loud

Could you give me some examples?

Is it anything that someone with as much autism as me can do themselves?

its his car
not yours

fuck off

take a drill and drill holes in your current muffler. its a great life hack

If you wanna look extra cool while also taking care of your car, setup oil pressure/temperature gauges in your interior.

There are quite a few bolt-on exhausts for the R34

Literally google "HR34 exhaust" and buy one.

>Is there a difference between the exhausts for a GT and a GTT?
There shouldn't be, after the catalytic converter.

You must be new here.

nah Im a newfag but Ive been here a while

OP here, would something like this work?

Only problem I see with this is that it says the body length is 14". Now, I measured the length from the back of the can looking thing on my car to the very tip of the exhaust and it came out to be 27". I'm assuming this is what the muffler in pic related is supposed to replace.

So how is this supposed to work? Is the muffler just going to be way inside the body of the car?

just get a generic fart can, cut off your old muffler and clamp or weld on the new one and throw on a universal hanger

my Toyota Crown i just threw on a old Ebay fart can i had in the garage for shits and it sounds so good people ask what kind of full exhaust the thing has, it was a $50 can

otherwise just steal an aftermarket muffler from a junkyard car, at least where i am theres always a Civic or Silvia or something in the junker that has a muffler on it you can cut

take it to a shop

they well weld on some pipe to make it all work and look right

Alright, thanks user. The one in that picture is $195, is that worth it? This other one on Amazon is 21.5".

So something like this? I'm just worried about them being either too short or too long.

you can get short random exhaust pipes at most places like Autozone to fill in the gap

thats what i used, my OEM muffler was longer so i got a 6 inch pipe from Canadian Tire to fill in the difference and make the muffler flush to the bumper

I would recommend against it, the risk of fucking something up isnt worth what you gain. Everyone will think youre an attentionwhore when you drive past with your fartcan.

get a glass pack chery bomb, ane run straight headers if you want to be that loud ass dickhead you always wanted to be

>$195 for a muffler

jesus christ you could get big name mufflers for that

DC Sports is pretty nice for the price it will be louder than the other since it doesnt have a silencer

Did you just ignore my post on fucking purpose?

>There are quite a few bolt-on exhausts for the R34
>Literally google "HR34 exhaust" and buy one.

lol before i bought my Crown i had this old Nissan pickup i bought with a dicked exhaust so i ran a straightpipe off the header to under the drivers door, thing shot flames when you let off the gas and scared the fuck out of everyone on the sidewalks lol

Thanks anons. If I end up getting the one from Amazon then I guess I'll need something to fill in the 6-7" of space. Do you think the autoshop I go to to replace the muffler would have the parts, or would they help pick one out for me from autozone or something?

Can silencers be put on the DC Sports muffler? It can't be louder than 91dB or else it's illegal.

user I honestly don't know what to look for when I search "HR34 exhaust". All I see are a bunch of links with Japanese kanji in the title.

yeah Im pretty sure they make them

I think everything they make is at least under 95 since thats the law in Cali and a silencer will make it lower ofc

Your google-fu is weak af senpai

i was a mechanic in a small garage for years and we always had some random kid wanting a fart can put on, if they were okay with clamping it and not welding it we made it work. we didnt carry mufflers besides OEM though

a specific exhaust shop can supply the muffler too, way back when i was a teenager and the Fast and Furious craze hit the early 00s i took my old ass Nissan car to a muffler shop and said throw a loud muffler on it, they supplied and welded on a Magnaflow can for like $200 total or something

yeah, those old nissan pickups tend to do that, my buddy had an 87 or 89 i think. flames shot out a solid 8 or 9 feet back

That's good to know.

The fuck?

There's this one shop called "Exhaust World" in the CBD and has a lot of good reviews on Google, but they don't seem to have a website. So I'll have to drive down to their shop and ask them if they've got the equipment. Hopefully they do though, it'll make things much easier to just ask them to put on a loud but legal muffler.