Was Alexander The Great white?

Why is he commonly depicted as white when he was Macedonian/Greek?

Cause he was not American.

What is it to be white?

Because the only countries with depictions of Alexander the Great coming out are largely white countries.

Probably means Nordic.

Nordics are not white.

Literally any human group that has existed in Europe for longer than 8000 years is white you fucking retard.

I guess Somalians will be white in about 8000 years then.

To believe in a spook

>Because the only countries with depictions of Alexander the Great coming out are largely white countries.
Greece didn't ever depict him as having white skin. Well, when the Nazi's were there in WWII they did release large amounts of propaganda.

>Literally any human group that has existed in Europe for longer than 8000 years is white you fucking retard.
What did he mean by this?

thats not contemporary portrait, not even close. He was described as blond. Macedonians are white, most greeks are white

There is no way he was blonde.

Also, the Greeks and the Turkish share the same ethnicity. So are the Turkish white?

Yes, if you mean Caucasian, where do you think the Caucasus is?

>He was described as blond
Source?

>There is no way he was blonde
>Greeks and the Turkish share the same ethnicity

He's pretty swarthy in that anime. Compare to the little boy's forehead.

Atatürk was half Albanian and half Macedonian

Alexander the Great was Macedonian

No Turks are the same group as the guys that live in Armenia, and Azerbaijan they are not white.

no, slavs aren't white

The Nazis during their Greek visit

Because the boy is British or Japanese. I forget which one

Even Russians are white just fucking look at them, they have the same facial structure as you.

"White" is one of the most weirdest racial buzzwords to exist it's meaning revolves entirely around the preferences of the one using it
You consider yourself a "white nationalist" and you don't like that group due religious, social or cultural differences? Well good news then because they aren't white or at least "less white" than you!
You like that one nation but it's surrounded by people you yourself don't consider to be white? You're in luck those guys have been white all along!

What a coincidence, so was Alexander.

Is there anything sadder than people who care what race historical figures were?

well yeah, but I'm a slav (and not white)...

What are you then?

Human

I defy all /pol/ categorisation, I have simultaneous german and slavic roots.

White is a way for retards to say HUMAN OF EURASIAN CAUCASOID DESCENT without all the big words that hurt their brains.

>slavs
>human

>HUMAN OF EURASIAN CAUCASOID DESCENT

Got you senpai

No, other user was right.
Italians and Irishmen didn't use to be considered white back in the day by the Yankees and they are the ones with the most use for the term.

So white or honorary white.

We need to remember that Greece, the Balkans and especially Macedonia were left largely depopulated due to numerous raids, disease and ravages to countryside. It was then populated by slavs, who migrated there because they were sick of Avar rule. Slavs continued their existence there for several hundred years, until Nikephoros I started re-settling Greeks (at least culturally) from Anatolia there.

Whatever Alexander looked like, modern people from his homeland do not represent it.

Haven't they done genetic tests that showed modern Greeks are quite genetically similar to the ancient Greeks?

ΕΜΕΊΣ