Has any person here imported a car to the states. I finally decided I dont want to spend my 25k I saved up on

Has any person here imported a car to the states. I finally decided I dont want to spend my 25k I saved up on
>buying new

So with that being said I've been looking at GTRs and RX7s. What company should I have to do the import work or should I just get one thats already in the states? Also would it be cheaper getting one driven by some yobbo in australia instead of Japan?

Reason for importing a car is because I cant really lose money on this in the long run so its an investment.

Other urls found in this thread:

binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/6105945022.html
importavehicle.com/vehicles/71/1989-nissan-skyline-gt-r
youtube.com/watch?v=qfyb2q31LZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My best friend kind of did. He just bought one already brought in from an importer. GT-R are retarded expensive, BUT there are not that many good ones left in the world so price will stay high. The double problem is we're getting all the bottom of the barrel ones here.

>Reason for importing a car is because I cant really lose money on this in the long run so its an investment.
KYS.

>KYS
Are you saying this thinking im gonna keep it garaged n sheit?

I'm telling you to kill yourself for buying a car as an investment. Unless you are talking Ferrari and up, this is the dumbest thing ever

>buy used old gt-r
>won't be low miles
>drive it around
>put more wear on it
>rock chips errrwhere
>factory parts get replaced with cheap oreillys
>door dings
>hurrrr it's an investment!!!!

They wont be getting any cheaper because all the FnF Neets and benchracers will still want one.

That's my gen. 30+, and very few of us are buying them. Prices will go up for LOW MILE ORIGINAL ones. People won't care about that car in 10 years (normal ones) because you can get the R33, R34, and the GT-R will be affordable. Not to mention the tons of other mid 90s sports cars that are about to be imported via 25 year law. Remember when Supras would "never come down in price cuzz FnF??!?!?!"

Yeah, a turbo used to go for $50k+ stock. Now you can get one for 20's-30's. Highly modified ones or super low miles go for $50k+ now.

You can't be this retarded OP.

>implying supra prices went down
wtf are you smoking. They're still fucking cost 20-30k for a shit one.
Its probably due to the shithole I live in.

Judging by how Stock GTRs with 110k miles in my area are going for well over 30-40k, I wouldnt doubt they go up.
Most expensive one in my area is a 66k mile completely stock one going for 50k flat.
>implying I'd actually sell it.

Buy my FC lol

I'm done with this thread. You're an idiot.

>offers nothing of value in the first place

Why where you here then lel

>people don't say what OP wants to hear
>hurrrr you didn't even help me!!!!
What do you want to tell us to tell you?

>tries to have an argument
>has nothing of value to say of said argument

I mean if you said why they wouldn't appreciate (which they are kek) then maybe someone will take your post with a grain of salt.

>Reason for importing a car is because I cant really lose money on this in the long run so its an investment.
Yeah you can lol. Especially on cars that are JUST coming to America, and newer models of those cars are going to become legal soon too so the older ones will go down as the market floods.

I understand wanting to import a car like a GT-R or RX7, but doing it as an investment is pants on head especially if you're going through an import company. Do it because you want the car.

I do have that FC up there if you want to make a couple thousand, because I'm selling it cheaper than any import company will.

Oh I'm not samefag. I just also think you're an idiot. They won't appreciate because all the ones here are garbage tier and there are better cars that will be here soon that eclipse it. The supra is expensive because it was the last one. The rx-7, same thing. The NSX was the same reason. The GT-R has been made non stop for a LONG time. The R32 won't appreciate unless you have a low mileage absolutely clean one. So it's fucking dumb to buy one as an "investment." So tell us faggot, why is it going to appreciate? Besides your dumb fucking FnF meme.

What Im arguing is that they're gonna be worth more than what I can buy today for 25k.

Im pretty sure a Focus ST or GTi wont hold its value as well as a imported toogay car will.

seeAnd just cuz I want a toogay car

>What Im arguing is that they're gonna be worth more than what I can buy today for 25k.
They're not though. That's a fact. You're paying what someone bought cheap, spent the money to ship, spent money on taxes, tariffs, and fees, and then a little more to make a profit.

You're not buying low and selling high, you're buying high and trying to sell higher, years after the demand for the car will have faded. It's that simple m8

So you have literally no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Cool man. Buy the fucking car.

neighbor has a silvia club ks, imported from japan into virginia. seems like a knowledgeable dude, has two subaru gc8 projects in his driveway as well.

he's actually selling it. 11 grand is pricey, its low mileage though 45k miles
binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/6105945022.html

>CA18
He's high

>binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/6105945022.html
>ISIS
>Time to build that wall!

That guy is OP in 10 years.
>selling this POS that no one wants for 2x it's value.......Because japan!

>Demand
Probably wont die off.
I remember back in 2014 when the began shipping R32s dirt fucking cheap. 6k could get you a GTSt and 15k could get you a gtr.
This is when I started looking at one
Those prices have doubled even though more cars are coming in. GTSts are now well over 12k and GTRs are well over 20k.

Even in ausland they're holding resale and Japan are arguably increasing in price slowly.

What you're saying is true. But even with markets flooding with them I still see prices going up. Good example is britland. They got all of them and stock ones are increasing in value and modded ones are holding.

Dont know breh. I always wanted one anyways. I've been in this game before and people didn't believe me.

>had a Z3M clownshoe, sold it for 3 times what I bought it for
>same with my E30 M3

You bet your ass I will. Where is a good place to get one?

>CA18
jej
Or probably because they sold them in the states and they dont want to fork over money for MUH JAYDEEEM

There is a price bubble right now thanks to the USA being able to import them finally. It won't last forever.

Yeah, I remember that too. I was in Japan when that started.

My GT-R cost me ¥1,400,000 when I bought it and it was a clean virgin, at a dealership.

They were over ¥1,700,000 at auction when I left a few months ago. You saw prices go up in America because they went up in Japan.

They aren't going higher.

>2k usd difference caused almost tripling in price in america

wew. I want to see this bubble pop

More than that. That's why I specified dealer vs auction

sell me that r32 behind it desu

That's an R33, not legal yet.

And it's in Japan. The FC is already in Charleston.

hm
So you're saying I should wait. idk breh. I got the cash to get one. Dont really see myself selling it because I've been wanting one since they were legal. Just want it to see its resale stay flat.

And judging where I live with all the shit supras and 240 of all generations (5k for a dogshit one 13k for a decent one) going up in price, I wouldn't doubt this will.

>SoCal

>>SoCal
Don't waste your fucking time and money. You'll be struggling to get that motherfucker legal in the state for ages.

Unless you go through international vehicle importers. Sean Morris works there and gets 32 GTRs state legal

This is why Im taking a chance that prices will go up.
>cal certified GTRs are like 50k and counting
Everything in this shithole has a memetax on it. Any Nippon car that is popular has been worth a fuckton here compared to any other state.

Speaking of them I was looking at this one
importavehicle.com/vehicles/71/1989-nissan-skyline-gt-r

>Judging by how Stock GTRs with 110k miles in my area are going for well over 30-40k, I wouldnt doubt they go up.
demand is as high as its going to be
supply is at its lowest

use your fucking brain

That doesnt account for the fact that almost all GTR models are slowly increasing in value everywhere including places that already are allowed to import them.

See what city I live in. It doesnt even fucking matter when it comes to supply and demand. You will still get meme taxes up the ass for a fucking metro or corolla.

>That doesnt account for the fact that almost all GTR models are slowly increasing in value
like every other single good jap car from the 80s and 90s has been doing for the last decade?

the prices you are seeing in America arent representative of anything
when more become available to enter the market, the prices in the US are going to PLUMMET. demand will possibly drop if it doesnt remain the same, but supply will be... BIG TIME UP
learn basic economics

I've heard those lines before with Geo Metro. Theyre still worth an assload even though they are everywhere and pretty popular. My old M3, bought it for 10k, sold it for 40k and theyre still skyrocketing in value and are everywhere in the US.

Even with these cars all over the market, people will still be forking over 20-30k for a gtr. Even when the market is flooded. They probably wont appreciate but they will keep their resale ridding on memetaxes and popularity from people who dont want to lose out, which is probably everyone.

>wut is inflation

"Guys I TOTES bought this car for $30k 20 years ago, I just sold it today for $31k! Nice 1k profit!"

Whatever you do stay away from the RWD ones, they are trash OP, you do not want them, so just look pass them

Seriously just dont ok??

geo metro has a cult following among hyper millers and ecofags

but rwd ones are best ones

Thats wrong

RWD skylines are literally trash and should be priced accordingly, they are slow, unreliable, rust prone, they cant turn, and people have lost arms nd legs trying to modify them

So dont get one

>trying to deter OP from best skylines
truly sickening

youtube.com/watch?v=qfyb2q31LZc

Look at it, literally a fucking maxima

OP doesnt want a cuck car, so he should stay away from them

op buy all the rwd sky;ines
when drift kiddies learn that its a big boys silvia with a factory rb swap they will flock to it

Theyre gonna price them accordingly to inflation. That is what I am saying. in theory they dont increase invalue but their resale stays up.

You are not giving me other option but to kill you

Say your last words user

What's in that FC? Deadass been looking for one.

scbro, are you per chance in the navy

It's pretty stock AFAIK. I haven't even seen the thing but I trust my guy that's sending it to me.

No, retired Air Force