I got turned down today by a buyers wife.. it's irking me. I thought I was doing this guy a favour

I got turned down today by a buyers wife.. it's irking me. I thought I was doing this guy a favour.

I'm selling a used 2011 Silverado 1500 in LTZ Trim, it has EVERY single factory option when I bought it (except for rear DVD player) and this guys wife tells me "We're not really looking for a crew cab"

I knew I was in trouble when the guy pulled up in a TDI.

$16K USD, 6.2L LS engine, crew cab, leather, and like I said every single option from Z85 Max tow, to an EZ Lift gate.. there's not an RPO code thats not on the plate.

Edmunds has these at 28K USD, what the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGVhU3JUC1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Interior.

Why is selling used vehicles such a fucking chore? Why do women get a say at all?

>not a manual
There you go

Six speed automatic, it's designed for pulling boats, RV's and such, or going like a raped ape when need be. This is not a truck meant for dicking around in the dirt.

>1500
>pulling a boat
>going like a reped ape

not likely with that kuck truck

>sees 1500
>lol i think I know what this means
>ignores 6.2L
>LOL I TROL U

k, enjoy your (you)

>6.2
>more like 6.shit

You win some
you lose some

You will find a buyer OP

Where you at op. I'll buy it off you.

Soviet Canuckistan. Getting it over the border wouldn't be worth it to the buyer.

Hope so, 65K new, 10K left to pay on it, economy took a shit and I'm always a payment behind, do not want to get it repo'd, rather sell it and spend my 10K on a shitbox.

>selling my old shitbox
>make a post, get some terrible offers but nobody is seriously interested
>rework the post, lower the price, get a text the next day
>guy comes up with his son to test drive it
>talk a little bit, gives me the full asking price

I'd hardly call it a shitbox, I'm fairly anal and replaced most wear items already prior to sale. Having my own shop gives me that freedom I suppose. I knocked 6K off the going rate for things like a paint scuff that didn't go through the clearcoat, new windshield, it'll need a repaint of the front bumper as its rock chipped to fuck, etc. There's some high autism at play here mechanically since I always thought if I were to run this truck into the ground I'd at least make sure that 6.2 was gold so I could swap it into something fun.

don't feel bad op.

I'd do 15k if i were still looking for a truck.

whats with those fucking base model wheels though? im pretty sure all LTZ's came with bigger wheels.

>Have 88 CRX HF
>Is a little rusty
>Starts and runs but gets hot
>Figure I'll list it high for $1000 and any offer over 500 I'll take
>Not even 2 hours later guy calls
>Says he'll be right over to tow it away
>Throw me $1000 cash no questions asked.

I wish selling other cars was that easy. I know kids like the CRX HF to engine swap them but god damn.

Nope, Max Tow came with 17's, keeps the power up, they're good on the highway and work well with 3.73 gears. For someone looking to maximize towing capacity I always tell them to try to stick with the optimal ratios.

Also 17" aluminum rims are not base model, They're actually part of the Max Tow/Trailering package, it's about getting as much snort out of it as possible to get the towing capacity.

OP here, I sold a 1985 Dodge Diplomat for $2K, this was in 2007.

I sold a 97 K1500 parted out, I paid $500 for it, bad title, theft recovery, I sold the tranny for $350, body for $700 and kept the motor (L31 Vortec) for myself.

Perhaps this is karma

>6.shit
>not 6.poo

Why did they show up if they didn't want it?

Not OP but they did because the waste their time and waste other people's time. There are lots of people like that, and quite often the bring their wives, buddies, family etc. Generally if more than one person steps out of the vehicle to look at your car just leave. Just do a massive fucking burnout and donut around their shitbox and leave.

Why do TRUK fags always think automatics are better for towing.

Don't you realize that semi trucks are literally the towing Kings and even their automatics are automated manuals?

>65K new

you spend that much on a stupid fucking truck?

holy shit lol

>65k
>For a truck
Dude why

I don't understand why people don't have normal DDs for the weekdays and a $5k pickup for the weekend to do fun stuff with

Buying this piece of shit and you're just gonna get the worst of both worlds

And nigga don't say you "work" in it because that's a crew cab you ain't doing shit.

that's in maplebucks though

>Why do TRUK fags always think automatics are better for towing.

Because they are. I mean have you ever towed something before that required a completely different shift pattern for the vehicle?

That man is cucked. It would be like him picking out what his wife wore for the day.

My god $65k

You could be driving a semi luxury SUV or sedan

Fuckin moron

5K trucks last me many years since I'm a mechanic. I daily either one of my bikes or one of my trucks.

Paying off my house early, priceless! Low overhead is freedom.

Towing is much more convenient with an auto which is why most tow trucks use them including mine. I grew up with both and driving a stick doesn't bother me, but for road use it's pointless. You can manually shift autos as needed.

Maybe they weren't actually looking for a crew cab? Loaded or no, if the thing was too damn big it was too big, and if you aren't consistently carrying passengers you don't need a crew cab.

>inb4 >need REEEEEE

You know what I mean. If you aren't going to use the extra length, why subject yourself to accommodating it when shorter cabs/bodies are available?

This.

Kind of surprised OP couldn't sell his cuck truck to a certified cuck.

Not so; when I sold my old car, two people showed up to look at it and agreed to buy it after a test-drive.
Admittedly, I then got a 'payroll screwed me over and I didn't get paid for all the overtime I did to afford this car' sob story, but they were willing to leave a deposit and I was sick of african-accented children calling me to ask about the car and not understanding english.

My cousin pulls a big ads pontoon with his Tahoe and Silverado half ton. Sold his 3/4 ton truck.

...what? Some people just bring a friend for a second opinion.

>buying amerishit

kek

>crew cab
>4 foot bed

and you're wondering why they didn't want it? who cares what extras it has, its got a fucking 4 foot bed. A four door sedan can haul more shit than your truck.

How many miles on it. If it was less than 100k that man is a moron

Maplebux but if you look at trucks and SUVs, or even parts for them, they aren't cheap. Everything is a bit more overbuilt. Tires for your shitbox are $80ea but tires for a new F-Series are $150ea. Alternator for the Civic is $90 new and the one for the truck is $165.

The 6.2's are pretty damn quick (for a truck) from the factory. Even towing a boat I'm sure it's faster than 98% of the shitboxes on Veeky Forums or in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGVhU3JUC1M

Six foot bed user.

124k.

It's an LTZ, it's a luxury truck, why would I want to give up tow capability and a box for a touch more leg room?

Very quick motor, if the economy was in better shape the truck would be staying with me because I figured the day it was fully paid off I'd be throwing a twin turbo kit on it.

Had my day mixed up due to a few beers last night, TDI guy was alright, it was the buyer afterwards.

One guy tried to trade me a 2003 Mach 1 Mustang and $6K Canadian. Not happening.

You're a little lucky, I'm pretty sure it was in 88 that they changed the mounts and wiring system to more modern designs. Made swaps a hell of a lot easier, thus making them more popular. I had an 87 and swapping even a newer D series in it was going to be a pain in the dick.

Not op, but why the fuck did they bother looking at a crew cab then?

>Six foot bed user.
its only half useful unless you got 8 feet user.

I really like those Mach 1's. Too bad the perfomance wasn't what it could be. Shaker hoods make me hard.

If something doesn't fit in the box I just towed one of my trailers,

Yeah theres nothing about the car that impressed me. Besides the cars valued at 16K, v.s. the 28K for the truck, using Edmunds dunno what bluebook is.

I don't know why anons are claiming they'd want a manual for something that tows campers/boats/trailers on a highway.. v.s. a six speed automatic. That just makes no fuckin sense.

>luxury
>truck
PICK ONE
Do you want a work vehicle? Get a van.
Do you want a luxury vehicle? Buy a fucking bentley.
You want to combine both? You're fucking retarded, you must be american.

Bet you never put anything in the bed.

Trucks are comfy af, Especially on the highway. I'd rather ride 8 hours in a pickup with comfy seats than in some rock hard leather seats in a mid end German car. A truck might not as luxurious a a Bentley but it does everything that a van and luxury sedan can do and more.

I disagree with you.

maybe it's because you present yourself like an arrogant dick and you're trying to oversell someone on the most cookie-cutter truck ever made. if you really believe that your shitbox Chevy is a "luxury truck" you're probably fucking autistic.

He is a textbook cuck. That car is definately worth what you're asking. You'll get a buyer. Don't listen to the busriders here.

>women
>in charge of not ruining things up

Sell it to a single person.
Otherwise, you'll sell it, bro. Don't worry.

you're confusing it with a work truck