Need advice on painting grills. I want them blacked but not sure if i should plasti dip or spray and primer? Thanks!

Need advice on painting grills. I want them blacked but not sure if i should plasti dip or spray and primer? Thanks!

Plastidip will look like shit. If they are plastic I would take them off, scuff them with a red scuff pad, and paint them with SEM trim black.

They are actually aluminum believe it or not. Haven't found much info online

Those look like shitty aftermarket crap, look for orignal Ford/Shelby parts.

I agree. I bought the car like this sadly and had to undo a lot of the ricing the previous owner did. I don't have a ton of extra money to blow so if figure painting them black would make it fit better

i gave you advise in a previous thread and basically your gonna have to remove all stickers and buy all new parts junk yard will prob be cheaper or literally everyone is gonna make fun of your when they see your drive by

Could try to anodize them black.

Why do I have to remove the stickers? Some people actually like them. Also the stock grills are right underneath. I just think the metal look is better than plastic.

exactly people with shit taste like you

also to add to this besides the grill, wheels and stickers and stupid hood scoop and pins replace your damn headlights with oem

Lol ok what do you drive man?

88 cougar showed your pic to my friends and they all agree that your car looks stupid

I'm gonna redpilled you real quick. Plasti dip fucking sucks. You will never get a glossy finish with it and it doesn't peel off like they say it does.

Get some enamel pray pant and whatever finish clear coat you want (matte, satin, gloss). If you want to remove it just saturate it in gasoline and use steel wool to take it off. Best solvent I've ever found. To get the stock look back just coat it with a clear coat of your desire. Did this for my wheels, body panels, and grills.

Remove the windshield decal, the parts decals, and the two thin outer decals because those look pretty goofy. If you keep the aluminum grille things, make sure you put them on straight so they're not misaligned because they look cheap and shitty.

Important note! Make sure the clear coat is UV resistant. Otherwise it will crack and peel under the sun.

just remove them if you can and use a glossy black spray paint and then do a clear coat ezpz and cheap

>hood pins

You what else will crack and peel?
The comment question of the day which comes from user eatthatpussy445

The hood could fly up with the 100lbs of JC Whitney chrome and stickers affecting the balance of the vehicle

Will try user thanks

Use spray engine enamel. Duplicolor low gloss black.

did you think that post was funny in your head?

Sem Trim paint is good shit

You might look into a using self etching primer

BLACKED

>Need advice on painting grills.
Since yours on the Mustang are aluminum, you should have them anodized black. Primer and paint have thickness and that thickness will show up on a grill that has lots of small openings. Thus, the grille will not only look black, but it will look like it was painted and that is a visually negative appearance. Grilles should INTRINSICALLY look their color without giving the appearance they are painted.

Veeky Forums here.

There are black primers. If you can't find one at the usual places, try a Games Workshop, believe it or not, their Chaos Black rattlecan or whatever name it goes by these days is based on an auotmotive primer, but black. It's kinda overpriced for paint, but the quality is top notch (which can't be said for all GW products).

>V6 Mustang

kermit suicide