Is it stupid to have a truck as a daily driver?

Is it stupid to have a truck as a daily driver?

no it's comfy af

ez way to trigger honda fags

My GF does. I'd rather have an SUV if I wanted to drive a big dd but plenty drive trucks.

I daily an F-150, its pretty comfy. I've never had issues with it, I just try to get places early for easier parking.

Yes if you don't need the capability every day. You can get more comfort and mpg out of a sedan.

It's stupid if it's just a bro truck. If you actually use the thing as a truck every once in awhile it's ok. And get a Tonneau cover, it'll help with fuel economy.

>love the ranger
>hate the engine
Why did Ford ever ok that piece of shit?

I was actually going to buy a Ford but they've gone to the ecoboost engines instead. Bought a Ram 1500 instead.
They must think I'm retarded if I'm going to get a truck with a V6.

i always wondered why ford never used the 5.0 302 on the ford ranger, they did it with the explorer.

The F150 still has the 5.0L V8

>implying there's anything wrong with the mzr 2.3
lima is a dog but it is durable.

What's wrong with a turbo v6?

That's what ecoboost is. A turbo

>They must think I'm retarded if I'm going to get a truck with a V6.
but you are retarded if you think the 5.0 v8 is better than the ecoboost simply because it's a v8.

I have a newer '15 f150 my work gave me to drive around and my personal is a '05 dakota. desu I would rather drive the dakota around simply because its easier to get around in parking lots.. I could do everything I do now with my trucks as I could with a shit box and a roof rack and get twice the gas mileage.. but since I dont pay for gas I guess it doesnt matter

The engine compartment is definitely large enough to shoehorn the coyote in. Maybe they kept the v6 to prevent the Ranger from cannibalizing the F150 sales (even further).
>4cylinder on a truck
Unless it's a diesel l4 it belongs in the trash.

>What's wrong with a turbo v6?
Pros:
>more torque than an NA V8
Cons
>less HP than a NA V8 (when from factory)
>more complicated
>equal or less MPGs than an NA V8
>no V8 sound
The Ecoboost engine family is largely just stupid marketing to people who think that a FI vehicle is more "green" than an NA vehicle.

Lol wut u fag it has v8 sounds
>piped out of the speakers artificially

My sister DDs a truck with a 7.4L V8 that makes less power than my 3L V6 and she's gay so you shouldn't

She DDs a Chevy big block? Just how gay is she? like on a scale of one to ten.

Pretty much a 10, she has 70k of debt and makes 40k a year. Queen of bad decisions, she uses the truck to intimidate people in traffic and to feel safe

There's nothing wrong with a 4-cylinder in a truck. If you need more capability than that you should just get a 2500+

nigga what? with regards to gasoline engines a V6 will get you ~3000lbs more towing in a 1/4ton, get you better acceleration, and be more reliable than a I4.

You are retarded. If you test drove the F150 3.5 ecoboost, you'd realize it's a little monster of an engine. Now every time you fill up, you're throwing money away on a slower truck.

I used to DD an Expedition with 4.6L, till it got wrecked. Now I DD a F150 with 5.4L. Works for me, partly because my commute is only 11 miles, and sometimes I do get free stuff I wouldn't be able to fit in a car. It's good being the one guy at work with a truck when the boss says, "We're tossing this out, you want it?"

DD my 16 eco.
Didn't buy for the fuel economy, bought it because it's quicker at stock than the 5.slow

>What is torque?

My dad used to daily drive a '90 Dodge Ram. He got into trouble with the hospital parking services because the doctor's lot has relatively small stalls and he insisted on backing in.

The new ecoboost gets worse highway economy than the V8. And this is with the new 10 speed. Also Premium fuel required where I'm sure the V8 could use cheaper regular or midgrade.

Works fine reg and prem. I go with prem because I get 16 city vs 12

Depends on what kinda truck you get really. I have a 2012 Silverado Ltz and I never daily it. After all it's my workhorse, the only time I use it is when I have to haul my tools to the workplace or if I'm going out of town, like a vacation or something, because of muh extra comfort. (or that rare occasion where I help a friend transport furniture or home appliances to his/her house because they were to cheap to rent a pickup truck from a local uhaul)

I have 2010 Toyota Avalon and that's my daily.

Unless you actually have a NEED to use the bed space at least 33% of the time, yes. For 98% of people who daily a truck, it's stupid and they're stupid. If anyone needs a truck, it's me. I carry a lot of tools and shit, and will have to tow horses often coming up pretty soon. But I don't even have one because I'm intelligent enough to know it's impractical for most shit. Especially living so close to a city with tiny parking spots.

only if it is an '01 ram and you failed to inspect your fuel tank straps

ram 1500 DD checking in

Its stupid to have a ford as a daily driver.

It has to be a daily or else the battery will simply die within a day do to some unfixable short if not disconnected for no use the next day.

There's nothing else I'd rather daily honestly.

>I want to fix the ac this year

>>I want to fix the ac this year
Do it yourself. It's easy and the gear is inexpensive.

Set of guages
Nitrogen cylinder and regulator to pressure test system
UV dye and cheap blacklight (perform leak check at night for best results.
Vacuum pump
Whatever parts you need and compressor oil if replace compressor.

It's a few hundred bucks but instead of handing that to a shop which may or may not fix the problem, you can pressure test (vacuum is feeble by comparison when leak checking) , vac it down, and charge as you need to and the gear lasts many, many years.

I buy refrigerant online instead of small cans. Plenty of vidyas on jootoob showing howto.

>cover helps with fuel economy
Isnt that a myth? Doesn't the default open box provide the best aero?

>do to

>65 more hp
>115 more torque
>slightly worse economy
Stop the presses.

Oh I'm familiar with what's entailed, but the system was already half torn apart when I bought the truck so I'm missing parts, but also couldn't get power to the pump to even see if it was in working condition. Either switches or the harness is fucked I'm sure, it's just not a priority compared to tackling other things.
Also op, as others said, unless you're gonna use your truck as a truck, don't daily the damn thing, mine doesn't go a week without hauling something.

I have an SUV as my weekend offroader. I could daily it but I've kept my sport sedan instead. An automatic with a straight six and some nice tight summer tires is just so much easier to deal with. Parking isn't an issue and I'm not rowing my own in traffic jams. I live in a major city so I'll be fucked if I'm burning up a clutch every year.

Jeezus christ. This is the America that I want to live in. That picture looks like home to me.

>Born and live on the other side of the planet in the southern hemisphere somewhere

Damn nigga. That XG350 in the background. Hnnnnnnggggg.

Til it takes a shit on itself from not being able to handle all the weight. Yea, it can do it, but doesn't mean it can consistently do it. It'll be working harder than the stronger motor. Basically it has to be at 100% potential all the time, compared to just maybe 50% potential all the time on the stronger truck. So it gives up eventually from being so damn ragged out.

I daily drive a diesel. idgaf

I mean, an average person will probably drive with an empty bed most of the time, but might often have need of the cargo space, 4WD or towing capability

I know plenty of people who drive pickups daily without ever having the need of anything that it offers, and would be much better suited with a small crossover

I drive an aging Hilux. It doesn't have a lot of power, no gadgets, no comfort options, not really comfortable, drinks a fair bit of fuel and only has two seats... still, it is the best vehicle I could think of for me. I have good need of the 4WD, I often fill up the bed with trash, building materials, rescue/medical gear or whatever is needed. I also tow on a regular basis, and although its limited to 2250kg/4700pounds and 102hp/240nm isn't all that much it still does a good job at it

Diesel is the cheapest fuel, the insurance is really cheap, its a super easy vehicle to work on and maintain, and its pretty rustic so not much can go wrong

Still; I will never understand those who drive vehicles like Ford Excursions, Tahoes, Suburbans, Pathfinders and whatnot without ever going off the asphalt or taking the tow ball cap off

It's about the comfiest thing I've ever had. I can get 25mpg at the speed limit with the 5.3, too.

S-sorry can I save this?

all i've ever owned this was my first one still have it about to put it up for sale

FUCKING WHAT. I drive an 00 Ram with rusty tank straps. Are they known for breaking?? What do?

Um, you're only showing part of the chart. There's nothing stating what those numbers are.

A lot of guys here keep their dirt bike in the bed all the time or have a tool box or slip tank in the back. The whole bed never being used thing is a meme.

All those big SUV's aren't designed to go off road all the time. They're designed as grocery getters that CAN tow or go off road if you need. A lot of people that drive something that big also have a big ass travel trailer or boat.

if you only drive 15 miles total every day, it's fine

otherwise, you're a dipshit that should have bought a car

sure thing friend it's all yours!

Dude that guys truck probably uses R-12 refrigerant, unless it's been converted. Either way it's going to cost 3x the value of the truck.

I bought an 05 Silverado 2500 a few years back
>base model trim, no power anything, 6.0 Vortec
>Extended cab, long bed
>manual transfer case

Its a god machine. I dd this thing in LA. I dont even need a truck but I love it.

>The whole bed never being used thing is a meme.
Wrong