Nice truck man. thats a v8 right?

nice truck man. thats a v8 right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E2ucESd27H0
edmunds.com/ford/f-150/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-f-150-fuel-economy-test-27-liter-ecoboost-vs-50-liter-v8.html
carcomplaints.com/Ford/F-150/2011/engine/
youtube.com/watch?v=MTHL5RtaPhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Ecoboost is killing Ford.

No! Your mom is a V8... Out of 10... In bed... w-when I fucked her last night.

Goteem coach

Hopefully they will buy Mazda

>nice truck man
Said no one ever.

Heh.. you'd be surprised.

Drinks like a V8

"Civic swapped bro!"

youtu.be/E2ucESd27H0

>ford
"sadly no. my wifes son won't let me have a v8 :/"

>The Ecoboost is killing Ford.
It isn't. Almost every single F150 owner that comes in talks about how they love the ecoboost and how quick they are.

>t. Service Advisor at a Ford dealer

Oh my fucking God, this sounds like absolute crap. I mean, I don't have high hopes for V6s in the first place and it still managed to completely disgust me.

nice try ford shill. Many people, myself included, dislike how ford is downsizing to turbo'd v6s all in the name of "fuel economy" when in reality it's just marketing. It seems that the ford engineers have been fucked over by the marketing department (e.g. calling it """ecoboost""" instead of TTV6). What's worse is they're sticking their meme engine into vehicles that shouldn't have a V6.
For fucks sake they've neutered their top end performance vehicles by putting the ecoboost in the GT and Raptor. The day they stick it in a Mustang and discontinue the V8 is the day that ford really does become a soulless company like Toyota.

The ecoboosts literally have more hp and torque than the 5.0L

You can cry out "shill" like a fucking idiot all you want, I just happened upon the job by being at a car show.

>MUH V8
You and the other fucking retards need to get over it.

This muh dude
It's a pain to see ford shoot themyself in the foot like this I believe the only reason they are doing this is because they spenter God knows how much designing that motor and want it to surpass the popularity of the 5.0
I mean the engine is good but it has its place not in a fucking supercar or a fucking top of the line off road truck, the last thing I want when I'm getting unstuck in a wash in the middle of the summer is 2 more sources of heat
I really wish ford would have slapped those turbos on the 5.0 and started shoe horning that engine into everything they could still say it's "economical" instead of pussifiying there company in the name of muh mpgs

>not wanting a twin turbod v8
There ain't no replacement for displacement muh boi

The ecoshit is thirstier than the Coyote and is naturally less reliable due to having more components and higher strain on the engine.
Typically a NA V6 will make less power than a NA V8 while the same NA V8 will make less power than a FI V6 while a FI V8 BTFOs everything.
There is simply no replacement for displacement. Forced induction can only act as a compliment.
Weren't they supposed to have a TT Coyote (5.0 "ecoboost") soon? Nevertheless I'd much rather have a supercharged V8 in muh performance truck becuase of the low rpm gains and the whine.

the ecoboost is also lighter and makes torque at a lower rpm. sperg more

They aren't doing a TTV8.

The 5.0L is still an option.

So fucking eat shit and get over it.

*bows head in shame*
"n-no"

Anyone would but there's no way you can dance around the word supercharged like they did with turbod, once a normie hears that word they think it means gas guzzler
SUPPOSEDLY in 2018 but knowing ford I wouldnt hold my breath they have been cock teasing me with a new bronco for the past 5 years with some pretty sick desgins based on the orginal and the 90s
But instead decide it's smart to bring back the bronco II on the new (European) ranger

lol sounds like a fucking shitbox

bet they go like stink tho

>lighter
You're wrong faggot. And a FI engine almost always makes a tonne of torque. Doesn't matter if it's a V6 or a V8.
Stop being retarded.

LS1 auto dressed 458 lbs

5.0 a shit

my friend's ecoboost 2.7l f150 does 12 second 1/4 times, it's fucking fast.

>last generation
it weighs 446 lbs. sperg more

>0-60 in 5.0 seconds
>quarter in 13.8 with offroad tires
v6>v8

It's hard to get over my favourite brand shooting themselves in the foot. Fuck even GM can make their V8s efficient (and they're goddam pushrods lmao) without having to go to a TTV6. What worse is that many people find they have worse real world economy with the ecoboost than the epa ratings let on. ecoboost is a shitty marketing meme.
edmunds.com/ford/f-150/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-f-150-fuel-economy-test-27-liter-ecoboost-vs-50-liter-v8.html
Source otherwise I'll just assume you're a retard whose looking at undressed engine weights.

>shows an infograph of a 2017 f150
>2015 ford f150 test
good job moron
/thread
there isn't a better truck on the market

Other Ford owners will drool over it. That's about it for jealousy. Oh, maybe some 12 year olds too...

t. pushcuck with a 7 second 0-60 time

>pushcucks ragequit
call me when there's an objectively better truck on the market than the raptor.

I know the edmunds shows a 2015 model year but the same 2.7L ecoboost is in the 2017 model year. Imagine how much worse the 3.5 is.
>ban evasion
fuck off nigger.

The 3.5 isn't worse. It has a 10 speed now. you have no idea what you're talking about.
>stalking me this hard
lol

>inb4 this cuck starts jumping through hoops because he can't cite information
lol, dis gunna be gud

5.7ls1 pushcuck here

i like 6cyl's i just dont like V6

Ford V6 are unreliable dogshit

>ford's v6 are unreliable dogshit
lol.

>overpaying for an "off road" truck

Just get a base model f150 with a v8 and modify the suspension so it can handle it better off road. Guarantee you'll spend less in the end. The raptor is an overpriced piece of shit.

You're a real dullard aren't you? The infograph shows the 3.5 ecoshit WITH the 10 speed having marginally better (i.e. one(1) more mpg) economy than a 5.3 EcoTec3 with a 6 speed. Mind you that's EPA ratings so anything goes. Imagine just how good the 5.3 V8 would be with a 10 speed.
>>stalking me this hard
Not you specifically. I just browse the banned page often enough to know you're a ban evading nigger who has no respect for GR3, GR6, and GR9.

This, it's a meme toy truck for posers.

And yet there isn't a single production truck that is superior.
>the inforgraph shows the 10 speed having marginally better mpg
yep. thus it gets better mpg. sperg harder
>"you're a meanie! screw u nigger ;____;111""1
lol

>5 vehicles
good sample size bro

>damage control
sperg for me, cuck

you're the one that's sperging m8. Your posts contain no real content other than tired old bait that has been posted hundreds of times. You are a part of the cancer that is killing this board.

not an argument

says the pot to the kettle

cool autobiography

The power wagon is like 3x more capable off road and I don't even like Dodge

no, it isn't.

Sounds like an inifnity g35 or nissan.

Blame the fed.
Cars have to have a fleet average of 54mpg soon.

It's just highly unrealistic, but manufacturers are doing all they can to push their numbers up.

2.7 owner here, literally laughing at displacement cucks as I pass them all day while getting better fuel mileage at the same time(don't really care about mpgs but it's a nice bonus)

the fed is a bank. why blame them for this? they are guilty of more devious things.

Many people, yourself included, are parroting idiots. You're a victim of GM's marketing, which tells you that the advances Ford is making are somehow inferior.

Bread on hood of an Ecoboost or your opinion is, literally, unsubstantiated trash. Owner reports, you know, from the people that have driven and owned them, are far superior to your garbage guesses and memeing.

>b- but they're just ford shills!
Owners are statistically the most critical of their vehicles' faults, this goes for any make or model. And by vehicles' faults, I mean actual faults, not "FCA IS TRASH, FOUND ON ROAD DEAD" and other useless quips.

I'll bite. GM is actually spending the time and money to implement various technologies into their V8 engines so that they're more efficient. Ford just gave up and "downsized" to a TTV6 that is thirstier than a V8.
Ford can't even do TTV6's properly kek
>inb4 gm shill
>inb4 gm fanboy
I'm a Toyota guy personally.

Daily reminder that the 6.2 STILL has 30 more HP than the 'normal' 3.5 Ecoboost in the F150 (not the Raptor version) from stock.

And they discontinued it. Ford why?

>I NEED A V8 BECAUSE HURRR MUH MASCULINITY

>Badge engineered Cobra on Miata chassis with a tuned Coyote motor

Less torque. stay btfo
hey taxi

itt: displacelets trying their hardest to impress their v8 overlords; can't.

Sure it has less torque, but surely by this point Ford should have made the 'normal' Ecoboost, a modern marvel in terms of design and engineering, beat a 2V, NA, cast iron motor, right?

Horsepower is also important when towing. Look at the 5L Cummins in the Nissan XD. It's slow AF towing because although it has a shit ton of torque, its got pretty low horsepower.

Smh lol. Federal emissions regulations.

doesn't the ecoboost have terrible reliability and longevity problems?

stay btfo

Man that car is beautiful

Nothing to defend the 3.5 Ecoboost with except saying 'bfto'? Lol displacelets are getting more and more triggered every day about their weenie hut jr. tier engine.

I wouldn't say terrible reliability issues but nothing near as reliable and bulletproof as the 6.2

see
coming from the v8 cuck who's vehicle is slower than the ecoboost. lol

well i guess im old fashioned for thinking that if a truck cant hit at least 300k its garbage

yes
carcomplaints.com/Ford/F-150/2011/engine/

If they put the 6.2 (and possibly updated it with direct injection) in the new F-150 I'd bet it would outrun the Ecoboost. Here is the older body style race between the two.

youtube.com/watch?v=MTHL5RtaPhw

Also, why isn't the glorious Ecoboost used in the Super Duty trucks? If it's the superior truck engine it should be used in the heavier duty trucks, right?

>I'd bet
yea, your opinion is worthless.
>modified v8
into the trash

>it should be used in heavier trucks
Why should it though? Any decent truck uses an inline 6. Sperg more retard.

sup

>he thinks a diesel straight six is the same as ecoshit

You might be the dumbest motherfucker here.

My wife wants her sewing machine back.

don't you fags ever get tired of having the same argument 40 times a week?

Trump will fix those for us.

>soulless company like Toyota.

Toyota was good until they they revealed that the LS500 will have a TTV6 instead of a V8.

>out of arguments
stay btfo

Then please explain why you think ecoboost should be used in heavy duty trucks
>You literally cant

Fucking retard

I don't think we can argue with that user anymore. Anyone who keeps spamming 'bfto' and giving vague and unrelated replies just knows their argument is lost.

>small engine with turbo
>this is apparently a new technology
and they didnt even do it right lolmao, melting pistons left right and center

it shouldn't. just like a v8 shouldn't. inline 6 is superior.

>v8s are bread and butter of heavy duty trucks

Please try again

Not even close. Thats an insult to the vq
Goddamn ford is shit

nope inline 6s are

>v8
>not owning a Cummins 6.7

GAAAAAAAAAY

You forgot v8s
Now where are ecoboosts in heavy duty trucks? You want to answer the question or are you gonna keep moving the goalposts?

nope inline 6s. stay btfo

>no argument
Ecoboost confirmed not being up to the task of iron block v8s and straight 6s.

There's a difference between heavy duty pickup trucks, medium duty chassis trucks and semi trucks.

In heavy duty pickup trucks, V8s are king and by far the most popular engine choice.

and yet it outperforms the 6.2 silverado
nope inline 6

MAKE A FORD RAPTOR WITH A I4 ENGINE FORD COME ON

>In heavy duty pickup trucks, V8s are king and by far the most popular engine choice.
trump_wrong.jpg

Heavy dutys almost exclusively use diesel I6's.

Ecoboost does not out perform the 6.2. Sperg more

>Reading comprehension

I see you failed in school. Good to know we're dealing with a retard

yes it does. sperg more

>projecting this hard

>less towing capacity
>objectively inferior

>DURRRR NUHUH S-Sperg more
Day of the rope nigger

People who like to shit on ford ecoboosts are basically the obnoxious hipsters of truck enthusiasts