This is the kind of car that appeals to Americans

>This is the kind of car that appeals to Americans
Why do Yanks like cars that look like a brick with some wheels attached?

I think it's ugly. Looks almost the same as the Ford SUV's from 15 years ago, just with newer lights.
t. Burger

>comes with a winch standard so you can pull it back out when the 9,000 lbs chunk of metal gets stuck in a puddle
Can't make it up.

>Looks almost the same as the Ford SUV's from 15 years ago
Had to do a double take.

It looks like a monster truck had sex with a hearse

square cars have always been infinitely more masculine than muh areodynamic economic soap bar with wheels

If that's a brick, Then what the fuck is a G Wagon or a Landrangrover? They look like fucking hearses. We like then because they look manly. Even women like manly looking vehicles. That's why Mazda is failing in NA with their smiley ass cars. That's also why we don't drive "twingos"

That's because it is. They built the Ford Super Duty with the same cab and only a few visual facelifts inbetween for 17 years, and the Excursion SUV was basically a Super Duty with a trunk hatch.

>muh masculinity
>I'm too insecure to like cars with curves

pic related is the ultimate hearse

That's because it is.
Ford ended production of the Excursion in 2005. It was based on the Super Duty platform, which as of last year was the same body it was in 1999 but with a few face lifts.

That said, it's not a car. It's a poorly photoshoped picture of an old Excursion.

The Excursion ended production in 2005 due to poor sales, so using as your single example of being especially favorable to Americans is a bit ignorant on your part.

If you want to know why "yanks" apparently like these vehicles, perhaps you should look at what factors influence what vehicles people find desirable.
Anyone that otherwise would want a large SUV with a 6.8l engine that gets 15-18mpg on the highway will no longer want one if they are taxed heavily per engine displacement, gas is $15/gallon, and the roads were designed to be cramped for pedestrians with no forethought put towards motor vehicles.
In a sense, the vehicles that most Americans find desirable are so out of pure desire. The tiny engine subcompact fuel savers you apparently prefer are only desirable out of necessity or convenience due to overly strict government regulation or a horrifying lack of infrastructure for motor vehicle transportation.
If you are comparing it to something designed less around regulation like the BMW X5, then consider the differences in their capability. The average American SUV owner is more likely to take their SUV up a mountain to camp for the weekend or cross a badly flooded road after a hurricane than they are to take it to a track and race it.

If you're speaking purely of aesthetics, the 80s Japanese SUVs were far more brick-like, as are G wagons and Defenders.

Slightly smaller cars are an acceptable tradeoff for not having to pave over your entire country with this bullshit, not to mention the economic feasibility of it. American infrastructure lacks two trillion dollars in renovations. Americans are a trillion dollars in debt for cars.

gets smashed anally by Decides after all that landscaping is more important than car design

Brings up factual but unrelated economic stats to distract from ravaged initial standpoint.

god damn I'm glad we declared independence from you

American car needs are simply different from yours, it naturally extends to how the machines are designed.

only for black funerals

In my limited experience of American cars I found them to be big, comfy, relaxing to drive, easy to park and America itself, easy to drive in. Hence the big comfy solid cars. In my vast experience of driving in Europe I find it to be hellish, anger inducing and no fun, I want to spend as little time in a car as possible, and when I eventually get to where I need to go, there's no where to fucking park. Why leave the house? I'll take American cars and American roads over Euro roads and Citroen C1s any fucking day.

That highway looks comfy as hell to drive on. Lots of space between cars, not packed in like sardines like happens in Australia

If your country isn't an overpopulated shithole with houses already built on top of one another over every square inch of soil, then you don't need to tear anything down to add 8-10" of width to the lane or increase the radius of a turn by 1-2 feet to make for an easier and more enjoyable driving experience that allows drivers the freedom to drive what they like, government regulation permitting of course.

>is on an enthusiast oriented automotive board
>is defending this street design

At least my moved goalposts were factual, and not just "Americans are fat".

And because I like cars I'm forced to blindly defend horrid city design? You know what London would look like if you redesigned it around cars? Like Los Angeles. Same population but multitudes more traffic and higher infrastructure costs. Also you're nitpicking examples from the central historic city core of London. There's plenty of areas with more than enough space for driving in the general metro area.

americans generally cant create beautiful things.
their attempt at beautiful cars usually ends as a hotwheels looking abomination with edgy everything

>There's plenty of areas with more than enough space for driving in the general metro area.
Only when you start getting out towards Zone 4 or further and you might as well not be in London at all. Don't get me wrong, I like this city and I'm not going to relocate just because I also like cars but most of the time it doesn't make much sense to drive around the city as public transport is often quicker.

why am I picturing that car going "hello m'lady"

american highways are fun especially with friends
it feels like a real speedy speed boy gang

Most of america is fucking full on retarded. All the women have such morbidly fat asses that they need an accomodating vehicle to carry such a massive load.
I live in america and i hate all the fucking retards we have here.
If we could get rid of all the dumbasses who like shitty land barges and sketti & butter and their diabetus we would be a much happier more respectable nation.
I have a dream of a day when we no longer need a whole moving truck to move one fat retard around between walmart and the golden corral.

I want one

It is so utterly stupid and ugly I love it
It would need a 45 point turn around a roundabout and you couldn't go shopping but who cares

t. Englishman

Because you're an edgy retard. It's like imagining every muscle car going "yeehaw yall".

Once again proving the superiority of bikes.

>yuros actually believe this shit
Seriously how do all of you have this weird complex about America? We just have different (better) paradigms than you faggots

This

European inferiority complex is staggering