>tryna get that tight u-turn
>shoot video
>tfw scarcely leaning at all
>tfw feel like I'd drop it if I leaned any more

fug

Thanks Doc!

Practice makes perfect famalam

>Oh yeah, that's a bit far for a day trip

The difference between Europe and America is that Europeans think a hundred miles is a long way, and Americans think a hundred years is a long time.

You can do a lot in a hundred years.

You can do even less in a thousand, if you're careful

for example i fukt ur mom
and her mom
and her moms mom

>tfw 90s designs will never return

in 20 years they will remake these as "retro" bikes

Can someone please explain countersteering on a motorcycle? Took my MSF course today and the instructors didn't really explain countersteering all that well.

I've rode a bicycle for many, many years and to me, it seems like the steering and control methods on motorcycles and bicycles are for the most part the same.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Why are suzuki bikes always the most meme?
GS500, DRZ400, DR650, even Gixxers for fucks sake.

Point bars left, bike goes left, centrifugal force throws the top of the bike outwards so the bike drops rightwards and then you catch it with the steering.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_5Z3jyO2pA

I hope at least those colour schemes come back eventually.

alright, i can't find a decent deal for a 1200 Granpasso
stop me from buying an used Grom and make my European tour on it

do it on a c90

same as their fans

I had a 1997 ZX7. Mine was all black. It was the least comfortable sportbike I have ever owned or ridden. The reach to the bars was extreme, and the bars were very low.
On the + side, the long wheelbase of that Zx7 made it stable as hell in a corner. It took more effort than a Dun 916 to get into a corner but felt way more stable once committed. (Those were what I was riding on track then)

I still remember that bike... Akrapovic pipes and 119hp at the tire. Bikes have come a long way powerwise since then; at 119 HP my ZX7 was punching out 10-12 more hp than any other ZX7 on the same dyno.

too ugly

Like a 1200 granpasso would make it across europe anyways

2017 CBR1000RR is best bike

Whoah honda still makes sports bikes?

if you had a little knowledge about Moto Morini, you'd know that it's a very very reliable bike.

I'm sure you're handsome, user, riding ain't no beauty competition.

>apply pressure on the right to turn right
>somehow this is called counter steering

i'm not even a 6/10 but i prefer riding a grom, already had one once, pretty fun, the c90 doesnt look fun to me. and it's very ugly, so no.

applying pressure to the right bar makes the wheel point left

Touring on a grom must be a great experience.

Best for what? Looking generic?

>Bikes have come a long way powerwise since then

did they really though? Aside from literbikes everything seems to get heavier and weaker.

>it seems like the steering and control methods on motorcycles and bicycles are for the most part the same.
they pretty much are. the "countersteering is mystical voodoo muh turn left to go right muh gyroscopes" hurts more than it helps imo

a slow but funny experience imo

I read some guy toured North America on a Honda Supercub.

to me, this just reaffirms that the same motions and controls used to turn a bicycle are also applied to a motorcycle, the obvious difference being much faster.
Am I correct in the above assumption?

What the hell are you talking about? My wheel never points left when I go right.

Yes, this applies to all two wheelers.

yes

Thank you so much

He means, you push the right part of the bar away from you, turning the forks and wheel to the left, that makes you lean and turn right.

if you can ride a bike then you already understand it.

Can you sell that exhaust for the metal it's made of?

counter steering is meme.
i honestly dont know why they still use that word to describe the process of turning a motorized bicycle.

>1996 zx6r
>105hp, 400lbs
>2017 zx6r
>130hp, 430lbs

Still an improvement imo. Not to mention a ton of weight is easily shed on new bikes with ditching the fuckhuge exhaust (thanks yurrop), and some more hp with tune to fix the emissions specced stock flash. Thats before mentioning the yuge improvement in chassis/suspension the supersports have gotten in the last 20 years.

sure

probably gets you 5 bucks at the scrapyard

How does it look generic?

It's better looking than the gsxr1000 (aka most generic bike in existence)

No, I just push downwards. It doesn't turn the bar.

I pull up on the bars to stop

Is this meme memeing right?

That 1996 zx6R didn't put out 105 to the tire, it put out 96 MAYBE on a good day if you had a race pipe.. And it was around 450 full of gas and ready to ride. Pictured, me and my old ZX6R.

I half suspect those numbers are a mixture of crank hp and dry weights...

Yes, and further, it is best not to think about it. Ever.

If you can turn your bike you're counter steering. It's not an advanced technique it's a basic concept of how riding a bike works, if you can ride a bicycle you can do it.

I recommend watching "Twist of the Wrist II"
youtube.com/watch?v=20Wx4YrZ55I

and reading pic related.

A E S T H E T I C

Damn, that's one good looking zx6r, so 90s feels

More pics?

Compare it to an MV F3 or F4.

Yeah, when the instructors threw the term 'countersteering' out there it completely threw me off. It made shit a lot more harder than it needed it to be. Thanks

You need to learn to steer before you get to a point where you want to steer more but technique that you are used to does not allow for it.

Old 1990's trackday.

Me in the back on the Honda RC45.

But wwhwhhhhhyyy is it called COUNTER?! Nothing you're doing is the opposite of what's happening. You push on the right to turn right, it's exactly the intuitive thing to do if you've EVER ridden a bicycle in your life. Leave it to Americans to make up complicated terms and explainations for the simplest things because they've never ridden a bicycle.

Nice bike! Tfw never will be the 90s again
What other bikes didja have?

It's really not complicated. Especially when you're moving at like more than 5mph. Wanna turn right? Apply pressure to right handlebar and start your lean.

saw a NSR 250 today

got me jello

I thought like you too
apparently it is turn the wheel left a little bit

>was old enough to ride in the 90s
Get off of Veeky Forums gramps

Some more old iron from the same trackday. ZX7R in here.
I need to scan more of my old shit that my parents still have before they toss it..

Because you point the wheel in the opposite direction of where you want to go. And burgers are car people so they look at this from the car driver perspective.

you push the right OUTWARD turning the wheel in the OPPOSITE direction you wanna go.

This is what make the bike tip over into a corner.

Its all muscle memory and sounds weird as fuck but if you just sit on your bike and consciously try and move the handlebars you will notice how it doesnt work like you imagined it to.

>What other bikes didja have?
I need to rewrite my list. There's about 50 from 1996 to present. Will try and do that and post it up next week. Hard to remember 'cause some were here for 2 weeks and then gone.

Lick my taint junior. Still faster than you, and if you want I can point you to people 20 years older than me who are even faster :)

But I don't turn the wheel anywhere, I just lean. Who cares if the wheel moves at microscopic angles? It's all intuitive.

>that jacket on the right

Try pushing with your right in a car to turn right.
That's where counter comes from.

Just try it out if you don't believe us.

The smokin joes? Thats a good friend of mine who is still fucking faster than me. He had an RC30 at the time the pic was taken.

I somehow ended up with that jacket though, probably while trailering his bike up to a trackday. Still have it in my closet

Holding a wheel on his bike will make a mess of his day. :)

youtube.com/watch?v=cIy4XXef5uI

/dbt/ anthem if /dbt/ came from Tennessee.

thats damn sexy wheels she got there.

So much 90s graphics hnng
That's really awesome. 50s a lot, but your opinions are definitely worth more than some other plebs here who done even have bikes

DUELING BANJOS

I think you're comparing wet weight to dry weight.

>50s
You killin me here. Will be 40 later this year.

Pictured: My old friend who got me into trackdays and racing and his sweet RC30.

wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=BvLtNBm1yyA

A good anthem doesn't just straight up sing about something, it subtly references something while singing about the general hardships of life.

A blue 250 rolled past me the other day with Allspeeds on it making all the wrong revs for speed and gear noises (newb maybe). I don't think I've seen one in a decade.

>Öhlins everything

looks like some serious money.

ahem

youtube.com/watch?v=HPTKb8sOUCg&

>weebshit
Fuck you m8 now my youtube suggestions are going to be flooded with that shit

>50s a lot
bikes, not years

I want to hate it but the chorus is just so catchy.

like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=58ScUfawBXQ

have u considered youtube.com/watch?v=2Fpwlae4ZYc

(and the original, youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg)

Push right, go right, push left, go left.
Look where you want to go, keeping head and eyes up. Former MSF ERC instructor here.

>need to be studying for finals and doing homework
>need to fix my bikes
>i'm here instead
why do I do this?

Many people toured the US on small displacement, low HP machings. Robert Pirsig (RIP) rode a Honda SuperHawk.

honda305.com/frames/zen-hld1.htm

s a lot
>bikes, not years

You'll have to speak up sonny, senility is a bitch. Or the SBK race is on.

You will be gramps soon and aged, wrinkly, pendulous, hairy fleshfolds will drape your body until you look like a Turkish Bibendum.

You will ride slower, fuck slower, fap slower, and before you know it the baikus of your youth will be laughed at as antiques by shitposters. Your choice of cunt will narrow drastically unless you become rich or tour the third world for hookers.

Scan all you can because vintage bike pics are a great way to look back on ancient history.