/v/irgin here, what are Veeky Forums thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? From a financial perspective of course

/v/irgin here, what are Veeky Forums thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? From a financial perspective of course.

Do you think this table-I mean gaming system will cause a domino effect and make mobile companies start pushing docks and attachable controllers? I know Apple has had prototypes for years, but they've never dared to pull the trigger. If you only play mobile games, do you even care about that?

DoA

I predict another wii-u tier failure with this,playing your games on the tv and being able to take it away on a screen is a pointless gimmick,if it's cheap though it might take off

The difference with the Wii U though is that it had zero games for an entire year after launch.

The Switch will have a Zelda on launch and a Pokemon game port soon after. Even if the game has no third-parties backing it in the future Nintendo might still pull through.

the cost of producing new games is getting cheaper
i think you'll see nintendo lean on it's IP more
new f-zero etc

>i think you'll see nintendo lean on it's IP more

I think that's something you'll just see more of in general.

A big part of the gaming industry seems to be in a state of panic as games are underperforming left and right. People play more games than ever, but there's been this huge rift between what's hot and what's not. A few games are multi-million sellers and everything else underperforms. So suddenly companies have a big interest in pandering to their longtime fans. Because they're a much more stable market.

Successful consoles shipped with controllers that simply extended the original NES pad.

Does it have a GPS?
They could milk Pokemon GO crowd with that.

Nintendo is the next Sega.

What we're seeing here are Nintendo's undignified death throes. I almost feel guilty watching.

Zelda, you say. AND Pokemon? Good ol' Ninty, always innovating! Who would have seen those coming. I wait with bated breath for rumours of a -gasp- Mario game. Is it too much to hope for?

>Bulky battery hog as a portable
>Underpowered as a home console

It really is the worst of both worlds.

I give Nintendo props for chugging along this long, but it's time for them to focus on software leave the hardware to Sony and Microsoft, even though the home video game console could be phased out for network streaming in 1-2 more generations. All depends on hold long gamers prefer physically owning there games. I'm old school and hope physical copies stick around personally.

I think they should make a traditional style gaming system with a normal controller and no bullshit gimmicks ,make it really cheap and focus on software,

So much this. Nintendo keeps trying their gimmicky kid shit. And none of it has hit the mark.

I see no reason to invest in the company.

Well said

>I think they should make a traditional style gaming system with a normal controller and no bullshit gimmicks ,make it really cheap and focus on software,

To be fair If they did that, they would directly be competing with Microsoft and Sony, and they would get their shit pushed in.

Came to say this will tank, already saw that biz agrees
Hi friends

There's no guarantee that the Switch will have any more or less games. The Wii U had Smash Wii U, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, and 1 or 2 other debatable games and that was it. Literally nothing for the Wii U, but why? Maybe they realized 1 year in that the Wii U was tanking and looking bad and decided to save all the good gaming concepts for the next system. I've never really witnessed a console that was so bland as the Wii U. Maybe, Nintendo was thinking that they had an Apple-like following and could just sell off their name along. I don't know about them.

Its shit nintendo is doomed for real this time

>they would get their shit pushed in

They got their shit pushed in with the Wii U.
If they decided to make a console that doesnt waste tons of production cost on a dumb gimmick, Nintendos specs could compete with Sony and MS.
Hell, they might even get some third party support.

No one is even excited for the Switch and its gimmick in itself, they just want to play Zelda on their TV.