I want an R32, but should I wait until the R33 hits the 25 year mark so the price of the R32 drops...

I want an R32, but should I wait until the R33 hits the 25 year mark so the price of the R32 drops? Will it really be a dramatic drop or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=r32 skyline&sort=rel
reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/66xfh9/reputable_import_dealers_for_usa/dgm4377/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump i guess

Why would the price drop if the US is able to import them... The price would go up because of demand.

You can buy my r32 for 6k if you want. You'll need to import it from Canada though.

I'd imagine the price of the R32 would drop once the R33 hits the market since 1. People with R32s will trade up to get R33s and 2. People would rather buy R33's instead of R32's so the demand will go down

What sites for that? Cuz I've been looking and I don't even know which of these sites is legit

No, r32's are more popular than r33's because most people have it stuck in their heads that the r33 sucks.

>this meme mobile
>ever going down in price
in your dreams op

ehhh wouldn't be too sure about that. I would always take a r32 over the r33 but a lot of people (especially not on this board) like the R33s more

Got picks? I Have 5k saved up.

Craigslist or Kijiji from Canadian border cities.

vancouver.craigslist.ca/search/sss?query=r32 skyline&sort=rel

R32-34 will never ever be cheap again

Fucking seppos ruined them

Get a R33 GTST or get the goodies from a GTR and swap them in if you need memewd

Craigslist or Kijiji. Canada has very few scammers because whenever we find out about another leaf doing that disrespectful shit, we all get our spears and bows and shit and lynch that faggot.

why not a r32gtst?
they're only like ~10k imported

I was under the impression that R33 was memed into being the worst of R32-34.
Or was that just Initial D?

Nobody likes R33s for some reason though

People buy the R32 for the R32. The R33 is pigfat and not very pretty by general consensus which impacts desirability. I would buy that argument with regard to the R34 though.

I would buy an R32 but I'd rather save and invest while I wait for the right R33 to show up.

Then drop 60k restoring and upgrading it at Nismo Omori Factory.

God Foot was right. >R34>R32>R33.

Is it really that cheap to do it on your own? I'd just be really scared of missing a crucial step in the process and having a 10k metal cube.

what makes you think R32 prices with drop when the r33 comes our? it's dr30 tier in the popularity list for skylines, and the pigfat boat memes still roam around this car till this day.

but let's keep it like that. I'm gonna fucking g love picking up some middle aged nips r33 for cheap

>more cars become available as time progresses
>demand remains the same at always has since the first year models week eligible for import, possibly dwindling as hype dies down
>kikes can't overcharge for them because more on the market
Brains people

>do it on your own
could probably be cheaper if you do it yourself
importavehicle.com had one for 11k a week ago iirc

96-98 R33s are legal already, you just have to import it with the right papers. This is how Rivsu imports R33s. They get the right papers and then bring them to federal standards.

They're only bringing in the ones that are EPA exempt so they only do the FMVSS compliance which involves a bunch of crash safety improvements.

Oh holy fuck it's already sold? It feels like IVI struggles to sell a lot of their inventory. Their show and display R34 has been sitting there for months now.

>but a lot of people (especially not on this board) like the R33s more
A lot of people on this board are sharts who have only just started seeing Skylines. They're being contrarian JDMniggers because their car culture is a pissing contest of snowflakeness and obscurity and Instagram likes.

I dunno man, I like the R33 GTR because it doesn't pretend to be a supercar or anything. It's a logical extension of the R32 GTR as a sports car that can also be a GT cruiser. The engineering is solid and so is the quality despite the black plastic everywhere. It doesn't pretend to be a luxury car.

Even now a well modified R33 GTR would likely be faster than the F82 M4. But it's simple and unless you knew what it was it would just be another Nissan.

Why not find an R33 sedan minus an engine/drivetrain/suspension and then drop in some NISMO and normal GT-R parts to make it whole once more?

>rivsu

I only like an hour away from them, they have a fucking sweet 71' gtr.

leave RWD skylines alone

REEEEEEEEEEE

R33 is the "shit" one, so no R32 owners won't be trading their R32 for one.

I don't get the logic though, buy one now so you can get one that's not got 400,000 miles and 19 owners by the time the R34 drops

You should see JapaneseClassic's GT-R inventory. Some sell within like 30 minutes of being listed on the website, it's insane.

That's not how economics works

I don't think you understand economics user

The R33 is the most popular..........

Is it? By value the R34 is the most desirable.

thats for other reasons namely being cheap as shit from being the most undesirable

I think the R33 GTS25t looks like dogshit. They seemingly fixed that for the 40th anniversary edition.

>I like the R32's styling but prices are skyrocketing
>The R33 has a more reliable engine and is faster and probably cheaper than the R32

>R34 GTR is many years away from being legal to import, AND it will literally cost more than a house due to low production numbers and high demand
God dammit, it just ain't fair

Don't R34s already demand 6 figure prices in Canuk Land?

None of the RB26s are truly reliable. If you love the R32 my advice is wait to find a clean stock one and save for an engine rebuild. Once you have the means you should drop the engine, replace or rebuild the turbos with steel wheel versions, add a Spline Drive oil pump gear set, add an upgraded Nismo oil pump, pull the head to install an oil restrictor in the head, and add an extra sump return to the back of the head.

If your turbos or oil pump haven't exploded by the time you have enough for an engine rebuild, use the extra money to do other repairs and maintenance. Or if you want to go for more power, but for a street car I would say that anything bigger than the GT-SS turbos is going to be very laggy.

not really, in places where we've had skylines for years (Aus,Jap,NZ,etc) the r32 is wayy more desirable than the r33. Like you see an r33 every week here, r32 and r34 are seen like once every month

I've come to terms that I will probably never own a R34 GTR, so how about a R34 GTT?
How's the prices on those and the reliability and/or performance of the RB25?

they are slow, unreliable turds, just stay away from them, they rust fast and everyone will know you drive a cuckbox

get a supra or a slivia

Why didn't the US ever get the skylines? I find it odd that Nissan went so long without ever bringing it to the Americans, but then suddenly decides to bring the new version to the US. For a car that's full of a legacy of performance, it seems odd not to bring it to the highest GDP country in the world.

>Why didn't the US ever get the skylines?
The main attraction is performance
In order to get the cars to comply with US environmental protection standards, they would have to heavily detune the engine compared to their japanese counterpart. (See Honda Civic Si, Nissan 240SX, Corolla AE86, CRX, etc)
Another thing was Nissan's (lack of) confidence that the car would sell. No one in the US ever heard of the skyline until the late 90s, early 2000s, so nissan was afraid to go through all the testing and shit that costs millions of dollars to bring a sportscar that might not even sell in the US

Some retards and/or fanboys online say it was because it was banned because it was too fast, but none of that is true for the reasons stated above.

if you fucking americans end up tripling the price of r34 coupes I swear on me mum that I will make north korea nuke you

When we're done only dr30's will be affordable.

If you look at the Skylines from that time they were horrible for a LHD conversion. It was designed for homologation purposes only when it came to the GT-R. The Supra Turbo had to basically be specially designed for LHD markets.

Japan did not have as strict laws about emissions or things like OBD2. So in order to get the Skyline GT-R to the US they would have to completely change the layout of the engine bay to handle LHD, new crash safety additions, additional emissions control equipment to meet US emissions standards, and a new ECU to deal with the extra emissions equipment AND the looming OBD2 requirements that killed the Supra Turbo.

Combined with poor management in the 90s, the lost decade, fear of further losses, and it's obvious to see why they never made it here. It wouldn't have been a Skyline GT-R after all the modifications and if it were released to the US at the time it would likely have had all of the status of the WRX STi.

By the time Nissan was ready to release the Skyline in the US it was early 2000s and we got it in the form of the G35.

Most LHD conversions involve moving to a single turbo setup because the brake hardware and steering column would collide with the standard turbos. There are also issues with steering feel among other things from most LHD conversions because they're often so space constrained.

The LHD Supra was a very different car. A lot more rigidity and parts were shuffled around. Even different engine parts. USDM models got stronger turbos.

>we got it in the form of the G35
So, the g35 is a skyline or it's a slimmed down version?

the infiniti g35 is literally a fucking rebadged skyline because americans do not feel special driving a neesawn

R33 is literally an upgraded R32 in everything. People dislike it because it had similar cosmetics to the R32 but not 80's enough to the R32, yet not 90's enough to the R34.

Overall, like it or not, the newer the skyline the better the car is. If it wasn't made in such unobtanium quantities and if it wouldn't become desired as F U C K the moment its allowed, i would want a bone stuck R34.

All of the custom editions of it are easily modded into the stock one and all it needs its a GPS integrated into the screen and that's it. A perfect skyline.

The G35 is a Skyline. The G37 is a Skyline. The Q40 is a Skyline. The Q50/Q60 is a Skyline.

What people haven't realized is that the Skyline was never the magic car they thought it was. The GT-R was the one that lived up to the hype and we got it when the R35 came around.

If you're serious about integrating GPS what you need to do is modify the TV functionality to take a smartphone display input and aux jack and make it as stealthy as possible.

>What people haven't realized is that the Skyline was never the magic car they thought it was.
this
but r35 is not a skyline

It already has TV functionality? i thought it would only show you car info n shit.

But yeah the thing about the R34 its that its a pretty damn good car on top of that its easy to go from the base stock GTR R34 to, say, the NISMO Z tune if you know what to do and you have the parts.

Literally a GPS, MAYBE TV and internet functionality (i wouldn't go for it tho) and an AUX cord are literally all required for it to work as a low tech sports car in modern times

but the r33 looks ugly

>skyline crossover

i know the fucking R33 looks ugly. Even i think it looks ugly, even i dont fucking like the name, but other than what god hand said in a taiwanese hand drawing contest there's literally 0 information out there proving that the R33 is any lesser than the R32.

It fixes most of the issues the R32 had, is slightly less front heavy and gets better wheels with better wheelbase.

I think that the R33 would have been a success if it was just stylized literally the same as the R32.

"OH HEY THIS IS THE IMPROVED R32 IT LOOKS THE SAME BUT MAYBE HAS A DIFFERNET AND BETTER SPOILER!"

instant sales.

There is a TV function. But in stock form it only works when the car is not moving. It's a gimmick honestly.

And the Nismo Z-Tune parts are hilariously expensive. You would have to start with a 2.8L "F-Sport" engine to have the true "Z-Tune engine" which is something like 30k from Nismo Omori Factory. It's also no longer offered because GT500 blocks are no longer in stock.

And they will never sell you the whole package. They did insane work. The strut towers were reinforced with dry carbon fiber. All of the front body work (fender, bumper, hood, etc) were remade in dry carbon fiber. The frames themselves were reinforced with additional welds and reinforcements in key areas from experience racing the R34 chassis. After these reinforcements the entire chassis was often repainted. The interior was reupholstered in leather and alcantara.

The Z-Tune was seriously a wild car. The engine wasn't amazing but everything else was truly impressive. It was worth every penny.

its about looks.

the 33 will never have the same status as the 32, same reason 4 door skylines are cheap.

Nah, they've been topping out around $80k at dealers. There's some dumb bastards on kijiji/craigslist asking 6 figures, but you'd have to be fucking retarded to put that much money on a private sale.

Because Autech is GOAT tuning company, they built the hypebeast faggot's worst nightmare. I'd fuck with pic related though.

Didn't meet US emissions regulations, and I believe safety regulations as well.

nah man the reason why the skyline wasn't imported was because it was too fast for cop cars so the racist republicans wanted to ban all fast import cars so that the cops could catch you if you were running weed dealing on a corvette.

This.
Skyline was always a pedestrian car, I don't think of GTRs as skylines. Pic related is a 1965 Nissan skyline.

Forgot pic dammit.

I thought only 2 door versions were made.

S2000 skylines were fucking GOAT tho.

The thing about skylines is that people place them in a pedestal next to dedicated sports car because they could be easily modified. They forget that skylines weren't about being the fastest stock car, they were about being a great platform for modifiers while being a fantastic stable high speed and track car in stock form, while also having enough comfort for a benchracer's DD.

Its pretty much what the modern GT86 does, but AWD and heavier with a bigger engine

yeah its what i want to do eventually but shits expensive

God foot said the r33 is shit, and as we all know here,anime is real.
So why would people import r33?

I t was a pedestrian car in the same way a Fiat 124 or Alfa Romeo Giulia of the era were "pedestrian cars".
The Skyline family carried over from Nissan's acquisition of Prince and was always a sportier version of the "standard" family car, which was the Bluebird (think Datsun 510 for US market)

R33s will rise in price when they hit 25, just buy one that was made in Novemeber or some shit for like 2k in Japan and import it when its ready.

you cant forget these bad boys either

The price on the R32s will not drop

They still cost a lot to import and even if there was a small price drop it would only be temporary as the R32 guys upgrade, maybe a window of 6 months to a year.

>republicans

no one think this you lefty faggot. democraps are the ones who would ban something like this

>Will it really be a dramatic drop or not?
it won't. if anything it will become even more expensive because inflation, it'd be hard to find a decent one because by that time they're all going to be riced to death and some third point i forgot but you get it. anyway unless it's your dream car, don't bother with it.

>$5k for a GTR

how can you be so fucking retarded

It's definitely not 2k unless you're talking about the pleb tier models. The GT-Rs are already 20k USD.

Why would they upgrade when the R32 GTR is considered to be far more desirable? The R33 may be faster but it looks pigfat and isn't faster in a straight line, just in corners.

>I want an R32, but should I wait until the R33 hits the 25 year mark so the price of the R32 drops?
They aren't going to drop lol your best bet is to buy one that needs work and do it yourself

japan-partner is pretty good for that. they specialize in importing skylines

reddit.com/r/SkyLine/comments/66xfh9/reputable_import_dealers_for_usa/dgm4377/

>I bought a car from Japan Partner for a customer because it matched exactly what they wanted. I would sooner kill my mom than ever buy anything from them ever again.

>They took parts out of it that were supposed to be in it (seats, boost controller, steering wheel) and replaced them with crap. Once they had my money they became unresponsive for months. To get them to respond to my emails I eventually created a script that emailed them hourly. After six days they finally responded and didn't even answer the question I had emailed to them over 125 times.

>Garbage company. Avoid at all costs.

How about no.

>anime is real

W-what? Are you telling me that the events of Initial D never actually happened? Takumi isn't real? Neither is Nakazato or Iketani?

I'm dead fucking serious, I legit thought Initial D was real.

Isnt r/The_Donald really popular?

Nakazato was real but he died after crashing his R32 off the mountain

ze bump

Who cares we have these threads almost weekly anyways

not my fault you cant understand basic sarcasm, faggot.