I've been told there's only two types of historians:

I've been told there's only two types of historians:

Those that believe people of the past were fundamentally the same as us moderns and those that believe the people of the past were fundamentally different from us moderns.

Which are you?

probably same

I've been told there's only three types of fundamental differences in time-separated humans:

Those that are cultural, those that are biological, and those that are technological.

Which is it?

I would say the first. But only because you said humans, not society

>biological

If such differences exist then they aren't human, are they?

people will argue epigenetic inheritence is as good as blood from one generation to the next

>epigenetic
>inheritence
You wut m8?

dont hurt urself

In my opinion some elements of us are essentially universal (genetically we're predisposed towards violence as a crude example), so there is some sort of basic "human nature", but the extent that we vary beyond that is tremendous in how we see the world, organize ourselves, learn, and think. Therefor I think that while saying that people of the past were fundamentally different in a genetics or inherent way is wrong, at least within recent history,, their societies and manners of thought differed from us to such an extent that they really were fundamentally different as far as the practical elements of "human nature" went. We really do have tremendous differences throughout history of the systems we operate in and the way we think of things.

Essentially the same, just different world views/ways of thinking.

The cunt who puts people into context.

I mean, the whole point of the term "epigenetic", is genetic changes that aren't inherited. ie. chemical changes that happen in utero or via retroviruses.

you are what you eat and the second that nigger pulled out of yo mommas cunt it was on

like ur mother is likewise what she eats, and thus so ur father on and on, what they can get provided or taken from their surroundings. its all epi

Ancient Egyptians to me are proof our ancestors were the same as us at a base level. We know a lot more, but clearly they were just as capable of understanding and amazing feats as we are today.

Biological differences exist between humans these days though. Nobody thinks people of different ethnicites are different species.
Even if they think abbos aren't human or whatever, they aren't going to think literally every ethnicity is it's own species despite having biological differences from others like how Scandinavians are more fair-haired than other whites or some such.

I think people from the past were different.
They were better.

When you watch some of the feats architects, physicists and engineers achieved with no modern machinery, no calculators, no vast universal repository of knowledge like the internet to look things up, it is simply amazing.

Technology and over-abundance of food and entertainment is slowly but surely making us stupider and lazier.

pretty much the same, people build society and accumulate history overtime. The process of civilization is build upon by pieces of change connecting to each other to reach to the present, then in essence, modern world is the result of the past.

Nah m8, epigenetics is definitely heritable.

It's epigenetics that influences what parts of your genetic code will be "active."

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

EPIGENETICS IS ENVIORNMENTAL CHANGES TO YOUR DNA THAT GET PASSED ON

ITS NOT A MYSTERY, HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A BASIC DEFINITION

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING

Welp, looks like we found the autist ITT

And no it's not because you called his definition incorrect; it's because you went full tardrage about it as opposed to being civil and casual like did half an hour before you.