>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV (embed)

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy (embed)

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2 (embed)
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0 (embed)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc (embed)

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj (embed)
pastebin.com/S2eDehza (embed)

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m (embed)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Eq9jSBcsVOk
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50664/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck you leatherman

>dad leaves the vault so I go find him
>its not clear why I go find him, though I guess I want to know why he left
>go to megaton, located 5 feet from the vault
>innkeeper and/or barkeeper tells me dad went to galaxy news radio
>go to galaxy news radio
>DJ tells me dad went to rivet city
>go to rivet city
>scientist lady tells me dad went to a vault
>go to the vault
>kill all the mutants and children there
>get what dad wanted
>only find out what dad wanted a minute before he's given the zyklon B
>very quickly realize that I'm not the main character of this game, my dad is
>then scientist lady is when dad dies, giving me orders all day
>I'm just fucking around sightseeing and doing pointless crap (or not, its totally optional) while my dad does everything of consequence
>realize this game should have just been about a vault dweller who leaves to go get a new water purifier
>realize that would have just been the first game, one thats actually well designed

Second for obsidian and fuck you too metal man

which game did you want the renaming tweak for? Slippy's got one for New Vegas already, but it doesn't cover everything as I don't think he'd be keen for any "author vision" names like I've done on a few which were lacking names and too generic for my taste

Which mod is best for managing provisioners? I'm trying to optimize my supply lines and it's really annoying that I can't see who's going where so I can reassign them.

Now let's see, are you a boy or a girl?

>people actually defend fallout 3

Nobody gives a fuck obsidianfag

xth for finding happiness in the harsh wasteland

The story of FO3 would make a lot more sense if the PC was somewhere between 12 and 15 years old. That would explain why everybody treats him like a child, and why he largely behaves like one.

makes sense, i see lots of children carrying heavy guns and killing people

Daily reminder that FNV is the best Fallout.

The character is technically 18, which is pretty young.

that's like saying daily reminder, we breath oxygen

Welcome to the Capital Wasteland. Never mind that 12-15 year olds would qualify as young men for most of human history.

And he grew up in a rather sheltered environment. It would just be more obvious how young he is, if he actually was a bit younger.

>scientist lady tells me dad went to a vault
>go to the vault
>kill all the mutants and children there
you're getting Little Lamplight's connected vault and the Tranquility Lane vault mixed up

ahahhahahahaha

>New vegas threads on /v/ are now punishable with long ass bans, also the yare considered spite and spam threads

That's not correct. I made one last night and it stayed up until hitting bump limit.

>looking for fallout 1 and 2 mods
>hardly any mods

I want more mods.

>giving a shit about /v/
maybe you should go back and stay there

>t. butmad nvcuck

>still using /v/
>current year
Wew.

reminder that he came from a vault where he didn't have any idea about how raw and savage the outside world was; he was basically domesticated and wasn't used to dangers. therefore it doesn't make sense. checkmate, mate.

Somehow I think modders might have a really hard time making clay models and animating them.

whats wrong with /v/? barely ever went on it

>implying modders couldn't use available assets
>implying modders couldn't make mods that don't even require models

it's just /b/ - video games

Veeky Forums janitors finally got fed up with the Shiite NMA, Codex NMA faggots that they decided to ban every thread on /v/ for breaking both rule 2 and 3 of /v/

I'm starting to think that Fallout 4 would've been better if it'd just straight up copied New Vegas, as obvious as that might sound.

>keep pre-rendered intro
>replace pre-war segment with snippit in intro
>some resourceful mercs break into vault 111 and open the cryo chambers (releasing a dozen or so people)
>can't see shit because of mist, lighting and blood rushing to head
>baby crying, wife calls out for you
>mercs gun down everyone (kidnap a few no-names) and go on to loot the vault, leaving you for dead
>someone with an ulterior motive saves your life
>cue progression and plot twists without SHAAUN moments
>optional ability to go back to creature-infested vault 111 and find mutilated carcasses of your loved ones a-la dead rising brad scene

the cinematic vault exit would basically be you on your back, rising into the blinding sunlight, with your savior silhouetted against the sky
all out of breath and panicky and whatever else

theme is that you're torn from safety against your will and thrown into a world of action-packed mass fuckery

A-anyone?

>beat Hilary in hard-as-balls race
>he gets rip'd before he even helps with the heist getaway
what a cunt

What was that power armor hud floating around here a few days ago?

Are you having fun larping?

You're right but you should know better. Fallout 4's mission statement wasn't making the game more in-depth or interesting, it was about taking the best-selling Fallout 3 and giving it more technological fidelity and grafix.

>T. obsicuck

>playing fallout 1
>give charachter high luck
>upgrade gambling with every level up
>by level 5 have tens of thousands of caps
>buy best equipment I can from the Hub
>kill deathclaw
Too easy

>kill undercover deacon
>he's fine 5 minutes later and shows up at the church

>your paranoia killed an innocent man

I don't think you can kill companions

Are there any mods that significantly improve melee/unarmed in New Vegas?

he's in diamond city and goodneighbor

mod to turn off essential people. but this raises another question. If I didn't have this mod, would the security guard/drifter be essential?

Experimenting with the systems and discovering this kind of cheese is a big part of what makes RPGs fun for me.

Remember: You don't have to play like this for every playthrough. Try a sneak and repair build, and tell us how "easy" it is.

>good melee on the oblivion engine

I'm very sorry.

Even slightly altered mechanics, or new weapons that aren't shit? Please.

you cannot kill companions without commands?
i was planning to buy fo4, install a rape mod, get cait, rape her and kill her, and now u are telling me i cnanot do that without a mod or commands?

if all bethesda fanboys accepted this truth, it would be more peaceful over here.

Most people do.

>Try a sneak and repair build
Sneak is a bad skill in fallout 1, and repair doesn't have many uses. Seems like it would be next to impossible.

wow so i was reading the wiki for maxson...Why did they make him so flawless
>kills deathclaw
>ended BoS civil war
>bad ass
>youngest elder ever
>people worship him
>has some of Lyons resolve to help people
this is literary a caricature of a perfect man.
So i am hoping the wiki is incomplete or doesnt mention everything to avoid spoiler, but is Maxson really this perfect human or is he more human in the game (i.e. more flawed)?

btw wanting to kill the other organizations does not count as a flaw.

>buy fo4
>rape and kill cait
obvious bait 2/10 got me to reply

Whats the best mod to plop down a settlement wherever I feel like it?

>you now remember Marcus owned a rubber novelty sex toy in his house

His blind hatred for ghouls, synths and super mutants is a flaw. Also wasn't there are a theory a thread or two back about how the BoS might have filled maxson's resume with the lone wanderer's achievements? Sounds a like a big flaw to me, assuming it's true.

Aaaaand the latest NV general got deleted. I think there's one specific Janitor who really hates NV in /v/

they did because the lone wanderer is deacon

www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62656

I also recommend this mod that actually makes the stealth mechanics quite good: www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51777/

If you don't put "New Vegas thread" in the OP it isnt deleted.

His flaw is he's a cuntboi

the LW is dead as sarah lyons

now sydney is taking care os his child

youtu.be/Eq9jSBcsVOk

Is the More Perks mod for NV better played with or without the Perk Every Level mod?

I want to give the new perks a try, but I'm scared I'll become an OP god if I get twice the amount of perks in the end.

Pic Unrelated I am out of fallout picures to post

>implying that the uni point deathclaws wasn't a half truth and sarah and TLW weren't attacked by maxson and some outcasts instead

So I'm trying to pack NV with a shitton of new/edited locations and quests and I don't really mind if it's not lore-friendly as long as I can run them with other quest/location mods via bashed/merged patch. What else should I add on top of these:
>Electro-City
>AWOP
>NVInteriors
>Someguy Series
>Saxxons Quest Collection
>Chems Alcohol Meds/CAM (DUDE WEED)
>Wasteland Loot
>NPCs Travel for flavor NPCs

>but I'm scared I'll become an OP god if I get twice the amount of perks in the end.

This will happen, but with the proper rebalancing mods it's no different than normal. You still get your asshole ripped open by deathclaws and cazador swarms.

Did bethesda just assume my gender?

>Perk Every Level
I just threw up a bit

but isnt that like 2% of the population?
Like do they make it seem as Elijah's hatred towards the NCR or Caesar's hatred towards anyone who isnt in the legion?

It's not enough to make him seem like an actual person. He seems to be a demigod, and hopefully that theory is true but there is still nothing to back that up. It s like saying the courier was once an NCR soldier.

There isn't one afaik.
If you look around you can find a few console commands that do the trick though.

Great pic
Really shows how the lore in this series is structured.

so, /fog/, how would you improve power armor?
(aside from the obvious, like removing rng spawns)

some old suggestions:
- give each model a unique endoskeleton ("universal carrier t-45" that runs on energy cells and is less mobile, for example)
- make "pain train" a default perk, activated automatically when you enter power armor
- have the ability to acquire pre-war/pristine fusion cores that can power suits indefinitely (endgame equipment)
- make it near invulnerable to most small arms
- another tier of customization, like appliqué armor or mounted weaponry and counter efforts

hard mode, what cons would you give it to balance things out?
- bogged down on soft terrain, like swampland
- fusion core overheats if suit is used too strenuously, has to dump excess heat like sentry bots
- vulnerable against improvised weapons such as molotovs (blinds you temporarily, puts excess strain on suit)
- resourceful enemies will try to ambush you and cut open your suit while you're still inside it

I want to make a stealth-barter-hacking character, who's flimsy but fast and cunning. Any good signature armor mods that aren't power armor?

>His blind hatred for ghouls, synths and super mutants is a flaw.
>hating muties
>a flaw
wew.

>mfw 3 perks per level with Delay Level Up

if you are playing properly (without mix/maxing stats) then you might ran out of useful perks and get the shitty onces instead. I was doing my cowboy run and i got all the gun perks pretty early but i didnt have enough points for other cool stuff so i am left with shitty perks that i may barely use. You can always get the companion perks if you rarely use companions and would only be useful with them.

Also i suggest getting the delayed Level up if you plan to use it on companions.

If you don't have anything that will modify the towns that much, I suggest you to look into the "Reborn" series, like Primm Reborn nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50664/?

It consists of really minor changes for towns like Primm and Novac, but noticeable enough to make the towns better. It's compatible with electro-city, too.

But Maxon loved sarah user, he wanted to fug her when he was grown

all druggies need to be purged

Don't talk to me or my President ever again.

I bet that it would change if he found out she was a synth

I bet he smelled the inside of her power armor

you can kill danse x6 and deacon if they are not your companions at that moment. the rest you have to get them to hate you before their essential status is off with the exception of preston nick for the main quest and curie for some reason who are permanently essential.
I will conceive that NV is the better RPG but your delusional if you think 4 is just 3 with better graphics. the writing, game choice and character depth is far superior in 4 than it is in 3.

- Force you to do irreversible changes to your armor to make them more niche, to encourage having more frames than your favourite one and to allow actual customisation
- Are EMPs still a thing in fallout 4? I remember they fucked Power Armor back in NV/3. In any case, make EMPs more prominent, to the point where power armor may not be convenient in some places
-Each different model has its pros and cons. Make the older models consume less power and make you go faster, make the new models more energy weapons based.

Maxson always came across as a liar trying to inflate his own reputation and ego. The 'killed a deathclaw when he was a kid' thing HAS to be fake.

I always got bored of the main quest around the point you actually get into the Institute. Is there a way to get a BoS ending but kill Maxson too?

>The 'killed a deathclaw when he was a kid' thing HAS to be fake.
why? He'd just get knocked out and then plop back up again if he's a kid in Bethland

>conceive

"Concede" you infant

That's the point.

That first mod looks great, thank you. As for that second mod, is that better than PN stealth?

Maxson in Fo4 is King Arthur, quite literally.
The comparison is obvious when you look at his story, but this can be seen in game and is reflected in his BoS.

The BoS treat themselves like royalty and the Commonwealth people like peasants. Like Teagan's quest where you literally raid people's food, or when you do the Minutemen ending and Quinlan says something like "using the Commonwealth people in order to spare Brotherhood troops was a genius move".

We don't actually know, but they are a small percentage of the population, yes. Still, they're just discriminating against more people for no reason. Why make enemies out of sentient ghouls? Literally no reason.

There is a mod where you can get Danse to officially challenge Maxson and become Elder. Either him or you can fight him iirc.

>The BoS treat themselves like royalty and the Commonwealth people like peasants. Like Teagan's quest where you literally raid people's food, or when you do the Minutemen ending and Quinlan says something like "using the Commonwealth people in order to spare Brotherhood troops was a genius move".

to be fair, they've always been bastards like that.
also, >minutemen ending?
i didn't even know that was a thing

REEEEEEEEEEE

But seriously i cant sign up to nexus now, is there a way to get around this?

And ?

>tfw suspicious lack of Marcus rule 34 giant penis drawings and him fucking Chosen one

Pic related - Bethdrones and their retardation

a daily reminder that obsicucking is now punishable by ban

Yes. This is purely focused on stealth. PN stealth is an afterthought in comparison.

With Cover Based Stealth Mechanics, two noticeable differences are that line of sight has a much larger effect on detection and you no longer need to crouch to sneak. The result is that sneaking is as the name of the mod implies, more cover based. Sneaking feels realistic with it, and Sneak skill and Silent Running still factor when sneaking past an enemy that doesn't have you in their LOS.

Daily reminder Bethesdafags are so reviled there's 20+ images pointing out how stupid they are, since as early as Fallout 3's release.

Not yet but I'm looking into those now, thanks.

>The 'killed a deathclaw when he was a kid' thing HAS to be fake.

I mean, if a Lawyer who has just woken up from 200 years of cryo can kill a deathclaw with weaponry she never used before, I don't see how a trained kid couldn't, specially if 15 y/o counts as "kid".

>I always got bored of the main quest around the point you actually get into the Institute.

Same, honestly. The mystery of the institute gets destroyed and your actions have NO IMPACT in the story, which means that a save at the right time can make you see all the endings in one evening. I just say do the Brotherhood ending and kill him after the ending.

>t. assblasted Nmafaggot/Codexfag/obsicuck banned from /v/

>minutemen ending?
you blow the Institute up still, but you can evacuate it first

This is why I despise the Skyrimisation of fallout 4. I swear the split between NVfags and Fo4 kids is bigger than any of the TES fanbases.

Did you mean to quote ?

>t. pipercuck
the minutemen ending is the best ending
A small percentage of population sure, doesn't make wanting them all dead not a flaw. Strong, non ferals and non hostile synths are a even smaller percent but have not done anything to warrant death. I also just want to say I dislike maxson and I blow him out of the sky with every playthrough I can.