old thread

GS500

Thanks, I value your opinion alot user

Lightweight sports tourers are literally the best bikes for street use

>lightweight
>tourers
What did he mean by this?

M A J E S T I C

Unexciting and ultimately boring. Mediocre handling and subpar suspension. Decent comfort and good gas mileage.

Posting a few pics from today's ride. Enjoy.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW

Out of curiosity how different is the suspension between the gsxr and this?

i could never ride that without panniers

Don't know about you but when I go for a ride I am usually too busy riding to take pics of my bike.
>cruiser cucks

So what exactly makes this not a sport bike? Slightly longer, softer suspension?

Ok

Sounds great buddy

Upright seating position, wide handlebars, less revvy (more torks at lower revs), softer suspension, plusher seat, lower seat and footpegs.

Detuned engine for low end torque and more upright seating

j/k your bike looks comfy and the weather looks great. Good on you, buddy!
I'm serious about the being busy thing though; I always go out meaning to take pics and then I enjoy riding so much I never want to stop.

what does? i hate backpacks. always suck and make me tired

Just strap the backpack to the pillion seat, it's not like anyone here has a qt gf who'll take it...

So why a watered down sport bike? Why not a proper sport tourer?

fuck off with that and get panniers.
at least some that you can leave on the bike and forget about.

Thanks boo :* i just take breaks to rehydrate and stretch. Might as well take cute pics
I just use a Tbag

I like dual sports but it kills me to only have 40hp. A 70+hp dual sport would be amazing to me. Do larger adventure bikes ride like lightweight dual sports at all?
What about "super"nakeds? They look like they have the ergonomics of dual sports kind of, but not the ground clearance or tall seats.

I wish I had the opportunity to ride more bikes.

It's much cheaper to adjust from a proven existing framework than start from scratch in terms of r&d

why not a 690 enduro
you get that 70hp

Because they're a middle ground between uncomfy sports bikes (personally I have back problems so super sports are out of the question) and big fat wide road tourers.
And I like the looks of the porpoise bike, it makes my pee pee feel funny.

Hard panniers weigh a fuck ton.

>rehydrate
Good call. I guess I always ate and drank in restaurants on the longer tours (4+ hours) I did in the last 2 years, or was too busy chatting with [insert riding buddy here]. I stretch by standing up while riding (airs out the crotch area as well). When I take a piss I'm always itching to get back on the road so no photos there either.

Because most sport tourers are pigfat economy bikes with a spaghetti chassis. The only "sport" thing about them is their engine which is generally still a watered down supersport engine.

tfw you post a craigslist ad and someone sharks it

it is a sports bike.

Its just this with fairings,

So you buy bikes according to how much it has cost the manufacturer to develop it?

I'm poor. 690s are pretty expensive. Dual sports in general tend to be really expensive for what they are when compared to street bikes.
Also the 690 didn't have 70hp until this year.

So what's actually the correct term? Sport bike or sports bike? It seems like people always say sport bike but write sports bike.

>tfw you post an ebay ad with an asking price of [expected sale value] + 25% accepting offers
>tfw someone offers exactly what you wanted
>tfw he's a scammer
>tfw you put up the ad again and some other scammer does the same thing
REEEE

singular. the only sport they know is gofast

WR250R is the fastest dual sport

lel

I never realized how reasonable this bike would look with slightly smaller headlights and a different screen. Also I guess clip ons and no bar mounted mirrors.

So essentially a GSX-R?

Went for a ride.
Some ZX6R bro pulled up along side me.
We zig zagged in our lanes together a bit.
Pretty sure most of the cars were like wtf.
He pulled off tho and I was sad.

miles apart.

im dealing with this right now. it was a huge mistake.

> gf everything

>Honda flat six

>Because most sport tourers are comfy luxury bikes with a supple chassis. The only "sport" thing about them is their engine which is generally still a much smoother supersport engine.

ftfy

They should really good. Like damn

>as soon as your car sells you can buy your new honda cb500f

why won't the stupid fucker sell reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I enjoy my sport tourer. I need a picture of it with the new screen

From when I've ridden my uncle's goldwing I can fully understand every single reason to purchase one. I want one, you can't feel the engine and it doesn't really push you, it just sort of advances. Also the feeling of muscling around 900lbs of nippon steel is addicting, knowing that you're in command. It's kind of weird, but I like it.

What makes you want that?

Just because there ain't enough pics in this heah thread...

it's the right bike for me and I can get a 2015 leftover for about 2k off from a local dealer right now

BUT MY CAR NEEDS TO SELL FIRST
FUCK

Kekkle

Red pill me on the WR250. I'd love to believe the have-it-all (at a price) hype, but I'm dubious. Particularly whether it'll be doable cruising at highway speed for hours. Also about luggage carrying capability (I assume the rear subframe is useless to keep weight down)

>cruising at highway speed for hours.
NO.

I have a KTM 690 single. Have done loads of sport touring on it, have 10k miles on it. Its vibey. It's pain on highway slogs. That WR250? Is about 100x worse in every painful way.

You're speaking from experience?

It's entirely plausible that a smaller single revving higher would be less vibey than a big one revving lower.

That feel when i can't even tell if my bike vibrates at expressway speeds because they're so fucking bumpy here

>supercorsas
>with strips
>single sided sidearm indicating something fancy

user you oughta step it up.

do you guys use earplugs when riding in the city? was wondering what they were like and if they're necessary in the city because i'm moving in 2 months or so.
Pretty much all my riding is on the highway so I have to use them if I don't want to get hearing damage.

...example: a DRZ or DR350 cruising at highway speed are way smoother (in terms of vibes, usable mirrors) than a KLR. Of course they're also working a lot harder.

The WR, ideally, would be an even starker example of that (holding high revs, but being smooth doing it)

No. Wind noise isn't any louder than a car until like 50mph.

That was street only and... well..the bike was oversprung. I'm 140 in gear. That thing? Sprung for typical americans.

I had the ohlins rebuilt and resprung, and on the first fucking ride I ended up totalling the bike.

Of course, if ya just wanna be a douche meet me on the track 'cause I need a reason to get my lazy ass off the couch.

pictured, me being terrible on track on this thing. could not get traction ANYWHERE.

You most certainly will not want to ride it for hours. Nor will you want to sit at highway speeds for too long.

>can't lean because suspension isn't adjusted
>adjust suspension
>wreck bike on first ride

>all this gsxs talk

i knew my nips were tingling

How is that bike? People keep talking about the throttle response.

throttle response is fucking terrible but I have learned to work with it. After installing the M4 exhaust it made it worse but tuning it made it more bearable

throttle is very on/off in and out of corners but like I said in time you get used to it

>That was street only

Well and so was my picture :^)

>on the first fucking ride I ended up totalling the bike

Sorry to hear user. 140 in gear sounds like a very good advantage to have.

Is there another bike in the plans?

>PR4s

Confirmed to crash in the next 5000km.

The PR4s are great commute tires

90% of my riding is highway, but I took them on The tail of the dragon and they held me on just fine

Where do you live? I know a spot that looks exactly like this in a suburb near chicago

what bike are you on in that webm

I know! I was only pretending to be retarded.

I rode the PR2s on a previous bike and I loved them to bits. Great durability, great feel, very good grip on all temperatures. Webm related was on PR2s.

They're plenty fast for everyday shenanigans too. Very often you can't get softer tires to their proper operating temperature on public roads.

That is a 1995 CBR600F.

>spent more on my leather gloves than my leather jacket
Really makes ya think

>tfw you'll never mirror drag

mfw I'm too cheap to buy a new front tire,
18,500km is fine for a PR3 right?

Yea yea... throw shit my way cause thats how it goes.
The person responsible for my accident is still avoiding me tho.

MVF3 RC is whats happening this week.

I got pretty close to that because the jacket was 45% off. Really though gloves are actually a pretty high priority piece of equipment because hands are both reasonably likely to hit things and really debilitating to injure.
>miss old model of gloves on closeout
>oh well the new version is CE Level 2 anyways this is good
>get them
>safety rating booklet says the old version was actually CE Level 2 as well even though it was never marketed

>le chicken strip meme

>>>/reddit/

All sportbikes are sprung for people 160-175 shut up faggot

Any chance on an EFI tune though? I read the MT-10 is very jerky too, and adjusting the fueling helps. You may fail an emissions test though, if you have those over there.

W-w-what do you mean user?

Djaysus that's more than enough. If you're too cheap, replace it for whatever cheapest crap you can find, it'll still be an improvement on that. You can get a Dunlop Qualifier in 120/70 for like 60€ online.

Wait, if that's the front tire, didn't they put it on the wrong way?

It looks like it would channel water into the middle of the tire, rather than away from it.

In america? Scale that shit up.

Or ignore the voice of experience, whatever.

In every country dumb faggot

>tfw got leather suti for free but spent $130 on gloves

You got money? Well I'll tell ya what ya fuckin' do. Ya take a DR650 you stole from paw paw. You take it and call that asshole at ProCycle or wherever you can source these parts from. You get the damn block bored out. You get a big assed piston and a fat cam. You're shooting for 690CC. You trash the shitty carb the engine came with. You put a fat pumper on it. You take a hole saw and put a 3" hole in the airbox. And then you put it all together and hang the fuck on.

>you
>experienced

>tfw no comfy slow speed roads with beautiful views
Here in Arizona the only place with nice views is on the road to flagstaff and everyone is going 90 mph. Both times I've gone up there the freeways were closed due to motorcyclist dying from semis.

Don't forget a loud fuckin exhaust. The stock one limits performance so yes, there is a reason for it to be THIS FUCKIN LOUD CUNT

Look up AZ 366 and US 191.

I'd prefer something mellow but there really isn't much on the market. You ate right, tho.

Basically this. She doesn't have the bike autismo I have and is 7 years behind me in experience but now wants to be involved in the only thing that ever made me feel in life. But she's still just touring parking lots. The first time I got on a bike you couldn't pry me off since. She can walk by hers without even looking. Don't ever wish for this user. Baiku is waifu. There's no room for 3d.

I don't agree with this at all. I've ridden both.

sup fags

What do you consider highway speeds? Because @ 75-85+ mph? That WR250 is going to explode.

Fuck. Riding my old ninja 250 flat out on rt 78 in PA I felt Like I was going to catch a piston in the chest at around 98mph. Don't fucking lie.

Not bad at all! \m/

I hit 90 on the WR and it didn't have near the vibes of the 690smc at 60. Is the 690 awesome? FUCK YEA. Do I find it a better router? Hell naw