Ranger at 90,000 miles. Sears recommends I spend $260 on this

I took my 2011 Ford Ranger to Sears Automotive to have the oil changed.
It's at 90K, so I said they could do an overall inspection.
They recommended the following:
replace rear shocks: $160 parts + labor
replace fuel filter: $100 parts + labor
I asked if there was something wrong with the fuel filter and they said "Your at 90K, so it's time to replace it."
Also, they said the rear shocks are leaking.
Should I pay for all this?

Other urls found in this thread:

owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/ymm/2011/Ford/Ranger/74
owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/details
youtube.com/watch?v=n8u9_bdBTRo
youtube.com/watch?v=cj_Cq5FisQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's this fancy thing made of paper that's known as an owner's manual. Open it and read.
owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/ymm/2011/Ford/Ranger/74

Any time you take a car to any service center they're going to find things that need to be replaced. Like the leaking rear shocks, any used car on the road probably has something like that and more that needs to be replaced and the owner doesn't know. Just take it somewhere else for a general inspection and see if they find the same thing.

>replace fuel filter: $100 parts + labor

$100 for a $20 part rofl.

Idk about how much shocks cost, but a fuel filter is like 10 bucks from autozone

This online owners manual is different than the one that came with the truck.
This one says to replace spark plugs at 90K.
The one with the truck doesn't say that.

The online one does say to replace fuel filter, so I yes I will do that.

This. What a fucking scam

I put in what I assumed you have (4.0 V6 and RWD). Enter your actual info here owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/details

Lmao should have got a Colorado faggot

do it yourself though fagboy

You guys don't think this is $80 worth of labor?

youtube.com/watch?v=n8u9_bdBTRo

Question 2: Why are there two lines going in and one line coming out?

buy parts yourself. Do it yourself. It's super easy on those trucks. Literally 4 bolts in and out to do both shocks. Fuel filter takes 10 minute at most.

youtube.com/watch?v=cj_Cq5FisQs

The place that I rent says no working on vehicles. Will have to do it on the street somewhere.

That's not bad at all. I would personally pay more for nicer shocks though.

Holy shit take it to a buddy that knows stuff and cut your price by 1/4

Fuel filter is $8 and takes 15 min to change
shocks are like $20/ea and 15 min ea.

You show up with parts and a case of beer. I'll have you on your way in less than an hour.

>replace fuel filter: $100 parts + labor

$100 fuel filter

Came here to laugh at this

I replaced the fuel filter on my Ranger at 170k miles, because why not.

>Sears recommends

no, that would take me 15 minutes to change out, and they're going to rape you on the side with a stupidly marked up filter

>Sears
They're closing down for a reason.

>They're closing down for a reason.
Sears was bought up 10 years ago by some hedge fund manager billionaire. He had no retailing experience in his veins nor did he ever acquire any real expertise in how retailers relate to customers. He has treated Sears basically as a bean counter very much like how the board of directors of Apple treated the company when they booted Steve Jobs out. When the landscape is continually changing, bean counting doesn't work if there is no Vision on how to adapt.

Sears was incredibly valuable and it was pissed away. It had great real estate holdings as it owned a lot of properties, but those were sold off. Even brand names have been jettisoned. Sears sold the Craftsman brand this January 2017 to Stanley Black & Decker.

>mfw I have to go get an oil change today because I dont have any fucking tools at home

I cant wait for my 100 dollar oil filter

Made the mistake of taking a car to sears automotive to have tires installed a few years ago. They came up with a fuck load of things wrong with my shitbox. Most of the stuff they came up with wasn't even in need of replacement.
>Best part was where we questioned the "mechanic" on what he torqued the wheels to
>"I did it at 100 ft lbs"
>I had the wheels off a few days before to clean them so I knew it was 68ft lb
>Glad I took the center caps off before we went because they would have fucked that up too

> He takes his truck to Sears for servicing.
You deserve to pay $100.00 for a fuel filter

Former Sears lube tech here
Everything said ITT is correct