Ridiculous American engine sizes???

Genuine question; why the fuck do Americans need such stupidly big engines? This is not a troll or a platform for amerifat/yuropoor-ing, but let's take an example.

Here in Europe we used to get diesel Transits in 2L or 3L diesel. Americans got Econolines with 4.7 litre V8 petrols, and that's if you chose a small engine!!

Even when Ford started selling the Transit in the US, the standard engine is a 3.7L V6 petrol. WHY? We make do with a 2L diesel I4 that has more than enough heft to cart full loads and heavy trailers around, while being way more fuel efficient.

SO WTF IS GOING ON HONESTLY

Other urls found in this thread:

superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1408-1113-hp-destroked-ls-build-heavy-hitter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>4.7 litre V8

4.6 bong bong

We're not cucked by emissions and over stressing our engines.

Gas is REALLY cheap compared to europe and we (relatively speaking) aren't taxed out the ass for "environmental" reasons

Because we don't have displacement taxes
Fuel is cheap
A small engine at 4000rpms on the highway is less desirable than a big engine at 1500-2000

Americans don't NEED big engines, they WANT big engines. So they get them, because they can.
Your government has regulated you into wanting smaller engines. You NEED small engines, so that's what you get.

larger engines make more power and are lower strain, meaning they can go faster while lasting longer with less maintenance.

>need

God I'm so glad I'm not a Euroclown

>Not buying an E350 with a 7.3 liter powerstroke diesel

get a load of this euro-fag

It depends on the market.

Eurocucks have big engines where the applications require them.

>Farm equipment
>Lorries
>Heavy Machinery
>Marine
>Stationary
>Forestry

Y'all got some big engines but your average eurocuck doesn't normally see them because the polish do all the manly work in your parts

>not turning your 7.3 turbodiesel van into a 4x4 off roader and taking it out into the desert

how do they live with only cuck-mobiles?

I want a chebby 3500 350 van.

Maximum vehicular potential for my business and serious raep vibes

Ticks all my boxes and pushes each button

I'm dizzied even trying to think about an engine larger than 4L

>pic related

>Having to modify your van for it to be 4x4

Okay, I suppose that makes sense. Not sure I fully understand though.

I once got a ride in a guy's 6.6L (or something) turbodiesel Dodge Ram, and I thought the whole experience was horrendous. I think I'll stick to sub-2 litres.

If you hop into a euro truck grossing 7.5 tonnes, which is anything worthwhile in the industry you will definitely be over 4.0l displacement.

>I think I'll stick to sub-2 litres.

That's fair enough, that's a legit truck, but for an everyday van?!

>Euro literally got triggered by a big engine

Lmao

Just checked, taxing a US spec Transit would cost way, way, north of 2000euro per annum here. With tax like that you gotta go sub 2L.

Bigger, more powerful engines do the same work with less effort, they live easier lives generally making them last longer.

>eurocucks can LITERALLY not comprehend large displacement engines

I thought I had it bad having a 4.3l as my first vehicle.

Pretty much this.

Our standby generator only pushes 155kva out the alternator but it's a 6.9l 6 cylinder diesel that turns 1500rpm at full load.

200hp at 1500 rpm

>I'll stick with sub 2-liters

S10?

>NEED
Holy buzzwords batman

Yeah Blazer S10 and a Jimmy S15. Beasty ass trucks.

maybe live somewhere that isn't completely flat and you will see why people like to have large displacement

S10 < Ford ranger

my brother in law had an s10
that truck had been through so much shit and abuse but it ran just fine

the thing was indestructible

Take your car engines and gtfo. Rangers are for old farts and lesbians.

I did burnouts and jumped it everyday. Shit was cash.

>my 4.0L v6 is a bigger engine than all of eurocuck engines

I thought I had a small engine for a truck

>200hp at 1500rpm

amazing.

This. For some reason us americans tend to think of any engine under 302/305ci as tiny. My first car had a 250ci straight six and that thing was fucking gutless. It barely got the car to 60 in 12.5 seconds. We seem to be really good at making massive jumbo engines but suck at smaller displacements.

going to another town here = a 2 hours ride, in your shitty durka promised land you have to ride like 20 minutes and you went over 4 countries

i forgot to end my arguments; i meant that since we have to drive longer to get somewhere going 70 at 9001 rpm for an extended period of time isnt really desirable.

Hey Op is this big enough?

>For some reason us americans tend to think of any engine under 302/305ci as tiny.
I dunno, I'd put the bar a bit lower than that. The ubiquitous Ford 4.6 equates out to a 281, and that's about the smallest modern-ish 'murrican V8 you'll find unless you get into stuff like the Olds Aurora 4.0 Northstar. 30X is certainly more popular among most crowds (muh five point bro) and there's always a SBC 350 or LS to be shoved into something for the mid-300s displacement.

Nah, maybe this though?

460 a goat

Nah the goat had a 455 dingus

My first car has a 5.7L V8
The first car I spent any extended amount of time with was a 4.6L V8
I can't imagine what it's like to be relegated to a 1.6L diesel hatch, a middling-displacement V6 is bad enough

Not true.
Americans use bigger engines because they can, not because they are necessarily better. The cheapeast way to get high power is high displacement, it's not because it's more reliable its just because it's cheaper to build.
Cheaper to build usually means cheaper to maintain, but not necessarily.

This is like that article about the cuck using an AR-15 at a firing range and experiencing PTSD

Let me clarify
>460 is the GOAT

Poncho 455 ran air i-iv where awesome though

it was a joke ya transgemdered wog

Being transgender is for numales without an American vehicle made predominantly of steel
>I have a cuck tier i6 though

Okay, you're comparing diesels to gas engines. Diesels smell like shit, they pollute more, cause cancer, they're more complicated and require more maintenance, plus diesel fuel costs more than gas does here. So what's the point? Besides using diesels for massive trucks, it makes no sense to use them here.

>TFW GAY WITH 5.8 liters of VEE ATE

shut up ya filthy faggot lover

You should see my friend's 02 suburban. Has 8.1L vortec engine.

>mid 90s
>looking for nice economical car to bring kids to school in
>wanted a 5.7 liter Caprice but settled on a 3.8 liter Park Avenue
such is life with small American engines

You're just gay, you're not transgender

i cant hear you over muh vee ate

Also
>Tfw 302 build hasn't started yet

Gay is better than cuck.....eurocuck

>I can't hear
That's what happens when you get cum in your ears

im about to spend some time on my 351 now that its not on daily driver status and its got over 300k on it

hoping the compression is still good so i don't have to pull the whole thing out. if compression is good im just going to replace the timing chain, valve cover gaskets and replace most of the ignition system

Is yours EFI? I have an e7te h.o. upper intake I don't need (carbing my motor but it came with a bunch of parts). It's got a throttle body, and is a genuine h.o. intake that id give to you for the price of shipping.

BECAUSE WE CAN.
Are all of you such self hating depressives.

>backwards inbred retards actually believing this is a post by someone other than an American
These are the posts this board deserves

yea its efi

Are you in the discord?

You're a fucking retard and you need to learn the complexities of duty cycle, and how a larger displacement variant is more advantageous in this regard.

Nah not really big on chat groups like that

Well if you're interested, I have 0 use for this thing and it's not with my time trying to sell it.

Won't find any without rust

Pic related

Pre 1970's oil embargo it was easier (cheaper) to make an engine stronger by increasing its displacement vs making it smaller and able handle higher revs.

572 cubic inches
9.3 liter V8

fuggin saved lol

Post a well done screenshot

>

revs>cubes

Clearly you don't know about rod to stroke ratio or breathing

>What kind of engine you got pham?
>cubic centimeters?
no, inches

why not both?
torque*engine speed/5252= horsepower
that 572 still revs to 6500

also if you're into revs, Hot Rod magazine built a destroked LS1 that revs to 8000

even wih a short stroke and a big bore, big cubes do not rev

>revlets

>we made do
that's your answer, americans don't settle on motors

>8000

>even wih a short stroke and a big bore, big cubes do not rev
you are truly the cancer that is killing Veeky Forums

big bores allow bigger valves, allow better flow. short stroke allows higher engine speed
superchevy.com/how-to/engines-drivetrain/1408-1113-hp-destroked-ls-build-heavy-hitter/

The Vortec 4.3 is understressed weak-ass trash that still can't escape the Dexcool demons. Dad's 05 4.3 Sierra sounds like it going to send a rod through the block at 70k miles, the wife's '99 Blazer died when the head gasket blew at 110k miles. The only good thing is that it's only 3/4 as shitty as the tree-fidddy they lopped 2 cyl off of to make it.

>valve area
lmao, next you are going to tell me that a stock 350 chevy head flows better than a kawasaki ninja one because of the bigger cfm numbers

because the 4.7L will still be running in 30+ years time, you fucking autist

You can't get something for nothing. Your small capacity high output motors come at the expense of longevity.

>what are superbikes

stop posting

High revs don't have to do with displacement. It has to do with the mean piston speed. After a piston speed of 25m/s your piston is out running the flame and as such, it won't be making any power. A 460 has an awesome rod to stroke ratio, and is known to make power well above 7500rpm.

>yeah a 12 liter v8 will rev as high as a 2 liter one if they have the same rod-stroke ratio

just kit kat things

Only the old 4.3 tbi's are good. The cpi's have more power bu the spider injector can be a nightmare. Anything after ~1994 or whatever is shit. The old 4.3's will make it to 500k km's easily if you take care of them. There's still a fuckload of Astro's left.

Low displacement turbos get the same fuel as higher displacement v8s while making less power lol.
Inb4 benchracers start talking about riced up aftermarket memes

kek I often see 30 year old super bikes on the street. Nothing lasts longer than a super bike, especially the clutch on them
> kys dickhead

They won't rev as high, but it won't inherently stop a 460 from being a high revving motor which was your original post.

Why does a later model cbr250rr only rev to 17k when a gsxr600 revs to 17k as well

Atheists BTFO

>he belives superbikes are not reliable

revlets will never learn

>gixxer 600
>big cubes

the absolute state of kit kat

>Literally can't read
Brainlet detected

>literally can't read

We have some of the strictest emissions laws and even have that shit enforced at the state level in many cases (Yearly and semi-yearly emissions checks, and "Safety" inspections)
Eurocucks just have MASSIVE taxes on "petrol" our gas taxes are a bulk of the cost, but are very low comparatively.

Nigger, if I make an engine with a 9" bore and a 2" stroke I can guarantee you I can easily rev that cunt to the moon and back. Fuck, I might even make to mars.

for anyone wondering, a 9" bore x 2" stroke would be around 1018ci.

>Stated large cubes can't rev
>Ice engines can't operate at 0 rpm
>Therefore they need to be spinning to operate
>This large cubes engines rev and have the ability to rev high.
Atheists BTFO

/thread