In other news the new Civic Type R holds the fastest lap time for an FF car on the nurburgring

In other news the new Civic Type R holds the fastest lap time for an FF car on the nurburgring

thoughts?

it could be the fastest car in the world but it'd still be hideous and worse than an ep3.

Looks like shit.

i agree that the back is too edgy for me but the front looks good

>offenbach

Welp, thats close to were I live

I don't really care about ring times so i'll give my thoughts on the car itself.
It's fucking massive for a civic.
The back is an abortion
I would have loved it if i were 19 again.

No matter how fast it is.... It will always be a fwd eco cuck box and will never be a sports car

Why is the new Civic so fucking BIG

VW is going to one-up them with another limited production Golf GTI with a gutted interior and racing slicks.

At this point Burgerring times mean nothing for marketing. It's a pissing contest between the manufacturers. This is the new Evo/STi rivalry;.

What do you drive?

WRX STI

retards, special olympics, etc.

Good handling, ugly as fuck car.

>Makes up some generic stereotype
>is a walking stereotype himself

SLOWER THAN A HONDA CIVIC

JESUS CHRIST FUCKING LMAO

>cuck drawn to muh AWD safety and an outdated boxer 4 and S(low)TI
>calls a TYPE R a eco cuck box

God damn if they just gave it the sh- awd of the Acura tlx that would be God tier and it would actively compete with subaru for an awd sedan type vehicle

looks like a tyte car

can we all agree that it'd look better with a small roof spoiler instead of the "wing" it currently has.

call me a fag, but the aggressive styling everywhere else Is nice. much better than Toyota's ugly "aggressive" styling on the new 4runners and Priuses

at least it looks better than a WRX STI tho famalam

maybe they'll do that and call it the Integra R

if Acura made any sort of straight cut performance car it would definitely be a close competition. It wouldn't even need to be a Type R, a Type S would put it in range while maintaining some luxury.

It should have retained the sedan look of the 2015 civic si rather than this dumb hatchback look

The car looks cool as fuck it just has a loud design like too much is going on with it. Like Holy fuck Honda what we're you thinking

I drive 6.0L Generation IV V8 Ute

> Slide key in ignition
> Second click
> penis rustles in anticipation
> turn key to engage starter
> eight 4inch cylinders burst into life screaming at God himself
> Penis has reached critical level

Every. single. time.

Oh kooly dude it's ultra specifically tuned for one specific track somewhere in Europe that I'll never, ever need to drive a FWD Civic on and it's shit to drive literally everywhere else. Aweso

the last generation of CTR sold offered Mugen wings and other rice parts as a dealer option and they sold like hotcakes making the Honda Marketing Department believe that what people want. Its what the people who buy CTRs want but its not for everyone.

I really wish they went with the more modest look of the older ones.

Look at the arse on this little ozzy whore

Nobody cares about a FWD car screeching as it understeers around every corner.

The 3rd generation type r was good looking. Very simple. Retained the civic look. It really went down hill with 4th gen although this new civic is better looking than 4th gen

Forgot pic

t. bus rider
>one specific track somewhere in Europe
There's a reason that its held as the benchmark for cars. It's literally one of the most perfect tracks in terms of testing a car's abilities.

What really needs to happen is the Honda Fit Type R, it would become the hottest hatch to ever exist

I just thought of the Sentra type r for a moment and realized what a gigantic price of shit it was

Sentra """Nismo"""
>188hp
>177lb-ft
>torsion beam
>shit interior
>26k

Hyundai Elantra Sport
>205hp
>195lb-ft
>independant rear suspension
>decent interior
>22k

Even Korea makes superior sport compacts, when will Nissan be put out of its misery?

>you could even get a Civic Si or Focus ST for less than a piece of shit Nismo

>Sentra """Nismo"""
hp
lb-ft
>>torsion beam
>>shit interior
k
Man for that price you could get a civic si for much cheaper like 23k and it's way better

LOL no it's not. It's too long. It's a display of the driver way more than the car. Only idiots don't understand the longer and more complex the track, the more important the driver.

It's a track. It's a meme track. It's not the perfect anything you stupid fucking high-fiving motherfucker. Each track in the whole world has it's own ideal suspension setup. Your bergerring tiuned Civic is going to be SHIT on Tsukuba for example.

How exactly would it be shit for tsucuba

BECAUSE IT"S A DIFFERENT TRACK WITH DIFFERENT TURNS YOU FUCKING IMBECILE

Oh piss off Subarus are ass

That doesn't explain how a car with the same set up would somehow perform poorly on one track compared to another. First it's apples and oranges since you're not holding one thing constant. You're comparing two different tracks and somehow rating the cars performance

>more complex the track, the more important the driver
and more important the car to the driver, the car must be able to give the driver the confidence to conquer "Green Hell".

It provides various types of of road conditions, ups and downs, and changes of bank. The track effectively reveals the weak points of any car.

>don't like it because my favorite car is slow on it, baby retorts meme track.

>honda civic Type R
>ever going to be slow on Tsukuba

>Civic Type R holds the fastest lap time for an FF car on the nurburgring
>fastest
>FF

that's like being the smartest retarded kid in special ed classes

>That doesn't explain
No, not to a daft piece of shit like you. Why don't you start by getting your fucking license, first of all.

>I've never actually tracked a car: The post
If retards could fly, Veeky Forums would be a airport.

>I don't wanna point out how comparing two different tracks somehow means I can rate a cars performance as good or poor because I'm not comparing the car to anything I'm comparing tracks to nothing

You don't understand race tracks. Short tracks that mitigate driver error/influence are better measures of a cars performance. EG: Sabine in a fucking van. We aren't comparing drivers, we are comparing cars.

KYS for being stupid.

fuck off ricer faggot

If my grandma had wheels shed been a bike

so much assmad

good job

faster than
>Ford Focus RS
>WRX STI
>

>>I don't wanna point out how comparing
You're right because if no one spells it out for you, you'll continue to be clueless and stupid and everyone else who has a right to talk about tracking can continue to laugh at you.

do you think any company is going to put a novice in their car to do a time attack?

>gets BTFO BY The GENERAL MAINTENANCE

LMAO
M
A
O

>do you think any company is going to
not tune their car extremely specific to the meme track that shall be used for advertizing campaigns later on?

Irrelevant. Look at the top racers in F1. Fastest dudes on the planet, their cars are SUPER regulated and almost the exact same. The best drivers almost always win. Because the driver > the car.

>a corvette cannot outrun a civic

top kek!

>its only taken Honda 12 years to almost catch up

don't worry guys almost there

>a 505 hp corvette LITERALLY cannot outrun a civic

top kek!

Fuck off Phil how is this shitlord not range banned?

only two of those posts are mine

What the fuck is the point of a 3000lb car when its only fwd?
What a piece if shit.

Expecting fagggoty weeb shit to be banned from Veeky Forums would be like expecting a weeb to actually be contributing members of society.

why don't you go to /qa/ and tell them hiroshima nagasaki to ban anime?

>2005 corvette
>505 hp

nice meme

>z06

are you fucking autismal?

who cares?

>are you fucking autismal?

>posting on 4chin
>having to ask this question

I honestly don't respect any cars that are not in the top 15 at nutburger.

>V8
>VIC P-plater

None of this adds up. This fellow would've been fisted to death by HWP within minutes of getting on the road.

I'd rather drive a slow ass awd subaru than tryhard edgy FF honda

>turbo
It's shit

Fuck you. The FD2 is still the best civic type R. It's also the last na type R.

Wish was not such an ugly ass car.
Japs need to step up with their designs

>This kills the BRZ owner

Why do the wheels and tires look too small for the car?

Low rotating mass is a thing.

Nurburgring is too long and has too many turns to provide an advantageous suspension setup that doesn't work for other tracks. It isn't Daytona Speedway where you only turn one direction and floor the throttle. Nurburgring also has a long straightaway so to get sub 8 minutes on the track requires either a shit ton of horsepower (Camaro, Corvette, or Supercar). Or a very good all purpose setup. Look up a video of a run on Nurburgring and tell me how the type R won't do just fine on any track.

>76 replies

>78 replies

Honda fwd King

butthurt much FWD fanboi?