/rs07g/ | Oldschool Runescape | OSRS

purple pants edition

>Latest news
-Name Release Begins 13th March
-The Inferno and Fossil Island (re)poll
-Shift-click to drop items (enable in options)
-New worlds/ Dagannoth Kings Slayer Lair
-Golem memes
-Dark items void and jewelry (charged and uncharged)

>Communication
Home World: 337
Clan Chat: OSG
>Discords
discord.gg/KEKS_ONLY
/RS07/ Highscores and XP Tracker
rs07g.com/

>/RS07/ Infodoc (READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
docs.google.com/document/d/1--e4eVMtEgoyUJUoxyFNFIuXJO2CR_y_YzElBUa9UgA/pub

>Prices & money making
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

>Twitter
twitter.com/OldSchoolRS - twitter.com/JagexMatK - twitter.com/JagexAsh
twitter.com/JagexJohnC - twitter.com/JagexRonan - twitter.com/JagexArchie
twitter.com/Jagex_Ghost - twitter.com/JagexWeath - twitter.com/JagexMaz
twitter.com/JagexKieren - twitter.com/JagexJed - twitter.com/JagexWest
twitter.com/JagexRoq - twitter.com/JagexMerchant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0uwrDqYhufM
youtube.com/watch?v=G4CKmzBf5Cs
docs.google.com/document/d/1PTTqEjb8_OgRqsv2RFKfwpD7I1AJ8OzgSPu4fZ0Ga60/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=LeI-SMWFIXM
discord.gg/uCMAzVH
youtube.com/watch?v=PgzuOXKd6Sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nth for me~

2nd for antiscam4bank

You staking cb lvl 51's?

awoo

I usually stake people around my level. This guy tried to scam me.

>Trans
Lets see the floppy giant wolfcock under that skirt

Doings and listenings

youtube.com/watch?v=0uwrDqYhufM

it means transparent u perv

Wave sounds 10hr

nth for Hook is cute.

I sweat to god if one more person responds to a "what should i train" post with "train agility" i will hack your account and destroy you

youtube.com/watch?v=G4CKmzBf5Cs

this is fm xp farming right? I've never done this

Yes

just join q cc and tell them to fuck off. they're the ones who took shitposting to the next level

what if quaffle's mean to me

what should i train?

Lol, I've posted this more times than you've eaten hot dinners.

Give it up kid, you're outclassed here.

yes. massive amounts of firemaking xp and you net some fletching, woodcutting, and construction xp as well. not super fun but more engaging than lighting lines of fires in varrock

train agility :^)

:')

I am proud of you noob boy

please refrain from posting about actual runescape accomplishments though. this thread is only for shitposting. please be respectful of our customs

How do people have so many account builds? I haven't played in years and it seems like every pker has every type of account.

How?

Good job friendo

Is ironmeme actually fun?
Playing my main is getting a little stale, but I imagine an Ironman can be horribly grindy.

define fun

>tfw 500K for 99 slayer
This is making me miss even runecrafting

>but I imagine an Ironman can be horribly grindy.
This is EXACTLY why I play an ironmeme.
Playing on my main was boring as fuck, all I would go for was money. Want bis gear? Go grind slayer or snek for money.
Nothing feels like an actual achievement.

But playing on my ironmeme is a different matter.
You have to train all skills to actually progress. Every single monster drop matters. All of a sudden youre picking up stuff you would have never imagined to even dare looking at on your main.

Now my main is just sittin around in f2p and doing nothing. Hes rich enough to buy hundreds of bonds for my ironmeme.

you make me raugh

>wasting time on ironmeme

kys

Like if you remember osrs before the shitty ge

fucking casuals ruining oldschool

This, I'm happy to grind hard knowing inflation and MTX can't touch me.

any of you use those gambling bots? some guy was poppin off wins yesterday and made enough for a bond in 10minutes. thinking about starting out at the lowest bet and seeing if I can work my up. can you get banned using those?

>Old Schools severs
>August 2007
>Original launch of the the Grand Exchange
>November 2007
>2 months
I don't know why people act(ed) like it's some crazy new thing, and having it in Old School is weird.

>shark typing at computer about how harmless sharks are.jpg

>can you get banned using those?
Yeah. Just trading anyone/thing running games of chance leads to bans now.

Also I'd imagine those bots have a cutoff limit. Like if you gave them a big amount of gold they'd just log.

keep oldschool old

kys

not at argument

don't mind ge, but all these 2016> updates re fucking ragging me

I'm fine with most of the new stuff, but the Inferno Cape thing really grinds my gears
The fire cape NOT being BiS for melee is just fucking wrong. It's as Old School of a thing as there is, putting it in the dumpster is ridiculous.

But I know everyone is going to vote yes to that update because "muh bigger stats", and that makes me pretty buttmad.

keep oddschool odd

really? everyone in their mom has a fire cape, 1 prayer pures and venom tanks can get it

there's nothing prestigious about the fire cape

I just mean that it's part of the games identity, having it become a piece of shit (relative to the Inferno Cape) just ain't right.

And it's not stupidly easy to get or anything, it's still a good deal of effort the first time.

he never said anything about prestige. Its just that the fire cape not being bis really destroys some of the oldschool aspect of oldschool runescape

THis is exactly how I feel. I'm mad that I hadn't started osrs earlier as to accomplish all I want to get done before these inevitable game ruining updates.
For all this new shit like balista & d claws, it's a joke and ruins PvP completely. People don't even bother pking properly anymore it's just barrage -> 20 way switch combo spec and tp out if it fails.

Inferno cape... don't get me started pls. I went on the runescape forums and ragequit after 5 mins. You already got pages of kids going "Oh my gosh this is so exciting! YEESSS!!", fucking fags.
Fire cape should never be replaced with anything in OSRS. The moment they roll that out, it's completely dead to me once again.
If they feel they need to add a challenge or more end-game shit for it, why not re-work current existing (and mostly dead) content with some high level req shit, an enchantment or something for the fc that will 2x its stats perhaps. Do that idc, but don't fucking make it obsolete holy shit.

Back to back fire giant champ scrolls

but the fire cape is not becoming a piece of shit, nothing is changing with the fire cape at all actually

they say the inferno will be incredibly difficult, so as long as its catered towards people with base 90 combat stats then the fire cape will still be the best cape for mid levels and pures, etc.

you realize that nothing in this game is difficult right? The actual combat mechanics are so simple it's impossible to make anything difficult. It's just going to be jad with more health and armor and some prayer gimmicks.

I don't think you're getting my point, it being replaced is the main thing that's awful.
The fire cape is a pretty iconic item for the game and its nostalgic factor.

most of them are quick to make and you sort of accumulate them over time, especially if you don't mind account sharing

you're dumb

ok but no one plays for nostalgia

>blocks out rsn
why

thanks drew

>black mask
>rune legs
>comb bracelet
>addy body
>no cape / obby cape (cant tell)

i'm just going to afk gargs with it, don't need questing

>ok but no one plays for nostalgia

#1 retard itt detected

nostalgiafags quit in the first year, if there was a significant amount of them nowadays then content polls would be failing a lot more

>doing Motherlode Mine
>two fags are afking at the cart waiting for someone to repair the wheels
>they've both been waiting for a minute because it's a pretty empty world
What's wrong with these people, just fix it yourselves you lazy cunts

no fuck you fix it

Could be bots

this happened on a 2k total world you stupid fucking son of a bitch
piss off cunt

Both were level 126 funnily enough, don't think they were bots

Why are you impersonating me user?

ah yes because bots are incredibly lazy and get distracted so easily

>tfw doing comfy afk skills until they add the Make All option to everything
>then I'll level those other skills at a comfy pace
Feels good

i just used an autotyper for make-x things

>"slayer is great for training your combat skills!"

god i love feeling superior to all you botting fucktard faggots. gooooood it feeeels sooooooo goooooooooood i am so fucking legit awesome holy shit it feels so good

slayer only trains mele and mage lad

Everything I read said that melee was trash for slayer until you had like 90 str/att

you got memed

At this point I'm working under the assumption that the entire slayer skill is a meme

melee is good for slayer literally just do torags with neitz helm d def and boots and dfire shield or something and afk whip everything

range on the other hand is not

>slaying with neit helm

or verac or whatever the fuck barrows armor

hot

>konduit

I like it

literally what does slayer helm even do

not even memeing i forgot i haven't played this for ages
all i remember is it tells you tasks on the go

damage bonus

yo all memes aside which arrows do i use for kbd?

+ 16.67% att and str

is the abyssal dagger a meme? I want to do a little nmz using the pray method and using basic gear (pros/fury/firecape/ddef) the abyssal dagger gives 67k/hr on stab and the dragon scimmy gives 64k/hr. That's such a minuscule xp difference for 9mill price difference. did I use the calculator wrong?

dragon

ice arrows

for strength training

dharoks > bludgeon > dagger > sotd > ss > d scim

i don't know whether 9m is worth it to you or not but you can always resell it when you're done

black

o fuk, against the slayer monsters?
ty based nerds no wonder i was getting such slow xp

agains your task

Here's the signup sheet for Raids mass this Saturday, lads!
Please use it to let us know who is going, so we can make teams beforehand without a shit show like last.
We split drops based on who is in what team.
If someone in your team gets a drop, they will split with you.
Everyone will be divided evenly based on experience/stats/gear so that it's fair.

docs.google.com/document/d/1PTTqEjb8_OgRqsv2RFKfwpD7I1AJ8OzgSPu4fZ0Ga60/edit

>New to raids?
Here's how to get there
youtube.com/watch?v=LeI-SMWFIXM

>Voice communication
Here is the discord link if you haven't already connected for all your shitpost needs.
We had 25 people at peak last time, so it would be very helpful if you joined.
Feel free to leave after.
discord.gg/uCMAzVH

Wait, wtf did she just call me?

youtube.com/watch?v=PgzuOXKd6Sg

I think that this is the gayest post I've seen in over four years here.

well I'm doing the pray method so no dharoks simply because I'm lazy and I can afk for 5 min praying instead of caking/flicking every 1 minute.

Checked out the bludgeon and it gives about 70k/hr so that checks out but once again an extra 6k xp for 38 mill seems so dumb. Guess you're right about selling it back though.

thanks