/domg/ - Dominions general

JoJo reference edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pankoman

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=aBoneToPick
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Might want to heavily amend the pastebin or else take it out. It's full of dead links

???

Maybe he found a pot of gold under a rainbow.

Its cool I just 'found' -800g. Nothing to worry about!

Oh, so that's the summod TNN buff.

Canceling a fort?

Explain further

so in theory an air elementals could trample a size 5 units?

In practice they do

high precision means higher cahcnes of a spell being sucessfull more that's only up to penetration?

trampling cancells other attacks right?

so they have 1something trample attacks each, doing either 1 or 8 + 2* size difference damage iirc

precision makes it more likely for spells to hit their target. It does not affect MR checks

It's xsize not xsize difference. They do the full 20 AP damage

Yes, trampling prevents it from using other attacks against smaller targets

trample checkls were based on def right?

Literally of your questions are answered in the manual

yes

i already read the manual, many equations are not present, and i'm pretty sure trample's equation isn't present

I'm sure that you're wrong.

Man, checking this domg scene... what a bunch of faggots ...

I am sure that he is wrong too

Can I get my sensei back?

good is the steam forum, pal?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=aBoneToPick

no Ermor ME MA game

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdman

regular MA game

I'm only aBoneToPick admin, sorry m80

is Bats cap at 87 or 98?
because I'm pretty sure he has at least 3 farms either way.

Bats have one farm (small)

Thanks, bats.

You're welcome

bats have at least 60 and 93, I'm trying to figure out if they also have 94
>tfw no scouts

I don't remember the province numbers, but I'm pretty sure that I have only one, small farm. Sauro has the large farm to my southeast, Kailasa has the large farm to my west, and there's an unclaimed medium farm to my south

childhood is thinking +30 mystics slaves is a good communion

adulthood is knowing 4 slaves 4 masters is where it's at

Not again motherfucker

Wasn't there some sort of mod that made ermor ridiculously powerful for asymmetrical all against one games?

yes

vanilla

60 is indy, 94 is Kailasa

kek

Alright Violet, just you and me now (and a few really tiny mini-bones)

Let's see whose Autism is stronger!

(It's yours)

(Probably)

4 slaves is such a perfect number. But once you can afford it, 8 can be great as well.

>Only 4 masters

Sounds like you need some better slaves.

I'm getting 4v1'd now. There are 5 players left in this game...

Farewell cruel long newbie game world, I apparently was too spoopy for everyone.

Where's the download link for the latest pirated patch?

Nobody knows because everyone play MP on Steam version.

>Dies to 30PD edition

Then would anyone be willing to gift it? I don't have any money.

Then stop sitting on your ass and go earn some.

Fuck you. NEETdom 4 Lyfe.

is the ai any fun in this game?

It's fun until you play MP. Then you realize it's atrocious.

>haha being a neet is so nice i can play vidya all day
>has to resort to begging for a video game on Veeky Forums
LOL

I would say higher level AI is on par with the amount of difficulty that you'll face in MP. AI compensates shitty scripts, no magic usage, and no innovative strategies with massive numbers. Real players are willing to negotiate, but AI simply wars. And of course no trading. It's fun for me to test basic strategies and new nations to play.

>overgear thugs
>claim the thrones of ascension
wew that was hard gotta take a break for tea and a ciggy

Some nations can't make thugs as easily. Some nations do not deal well with early game rushes of 200+ stacks coming from all directions of every AI nation that borders you. Some AI can't be simply beaten with "over geared thugs". Like I said it's good for practicing new nations and strategies it's not meant to be a challenge. Any bloody idiot can pick a nation with thuggable recruits and win the game against AI that simply masses random troops.

Other than stating some AI can't be beaten with overgeared thugs (all AIs can, without issue) the sentiment is right.

When it comes to highest AI diff, your answer to them must be effectively lossless or you'll lose from attrition fighting a 1vAll (AI sees your army size is lowest, attacks you . . .). This isn't an issue on nations like MA Ermor or Niefelheim, but can be way trickier on something like Arco.

Even some thugs can die to AI. I've seen AIs randomly use t-strikes and other evos that killed my kitted golem before by chance. You'll need a geared SC to guarantee you will always win against AI. We can argue about semantics forever, but the point being, yes, it's really easy to beat AI. However, that's not the point of playing with them. It's more about learning about yourself than learning from the AI.

>It's more about learning about yourself than learning from the AI.

I want to stop playing Dominions.

Only skeleton wars has ever really made me feel this way.

Though even then the image isn't accurate. Should be Turn 44 . . . Turn 45 . . . Turn 44 . . . Turn 45 . . . Turn 44 . . .

Hey admin of fast, baby rng, DSDS3, everything is balanced, jobbingxib, standardea I'll be needing an extension on friday night as I'm leaving for the weekend. If there isn't a turn by then this turn needs to be extended. If there is a turn before friday night (24 hours from now) then I'll need an extension of that turn after.

Who are you in those games? I'm the admin of two of them, and I'll check to see if you got your turn in on Friday my time and extend if you don't get it in.

which two games?

Everything and Fast

Hey, I just got home and would prefer to get a chance to sleep before doing my turn. Would a 2-3 hour extension be okay?

k

Fuck LA agartha fuck blind fighters fuck

Blindfighters are shit.

Say that to my face mask and not online and see what happens surfacedweller

>see what happens
You fall asleep after two attacks in your absurd armor?

How do I research as EA C'tis? Sauromancers ?

Shamans are the cheapest long term option. Sauromancers are your main combat mages tho so they are more useful for this purpose. Use a mix of both.

Sauromancers, usually, since large numbers of them are what you want to be using to fight.

Shamans are better research-wise but not as good in combat (good to have some around for variety, though).

Empowered Lizard Kings.

But in all seriousness, if playing non-ME, I typically do a mix of shamans and sauromancers. Shaman are cheaper and lower upkeep, but sauromancers are better and your bread/butter. Every once in a while I pop a lizard king just for throne capping/leading/blessing everything.

Reborn are more expensive then shaman, but are half the cost of sauromancers, aren't slow to recruit, and can skelespam.

They are way less versatile tho.

Thread OP is shit, but don't let it die.

Hey admin of fast, baby rng, DSDS3, everything is balanced, jobbingxib, standardea I'll be needing an extension now. I've sent in the last turn for today I'll need at least 36 hours for the saturday that I won't be here.

Quick how do I Late Age Jomon

You die.

>get a mix of red samurai and ulm samurai
>put all the buffs on them
>???
>Profit!
Also they get their best mage UW.

Is there a way to make the Arena Death Match Event more common?
I have an intermediate understanding of dom4editor, but i don't know(can't find" what the event's id/name is.

They should at least make it once a year. That would make sense.

I think that would'd be great.

Does Twist Fate protect against any first strike even if it wouldn't do damage?

Such as if a unit had 20 fire resist, slapped a dude with fire shield, would twist fate be consumed or does the spell wait until something would damage the unit?

You could even plan for it if they'd just announce it few months in advance.

You have just described the perfect way to test it, why don't you do it?

I'm curious on how does it work, so it would be great if you posted your results afterwards.

Nope. N9E4 LA Agartha is legit for many reasons. Blindfighters expand SUPER good under that setup, and it's a great bless for Tomb Oracle SCs later on in the game.

A true Malakal has ascended banishing all inferior pretenders to the Tartarus!

I played a W9F9E4 TC with statue of war and chaos scales with no growth. Sacreds are solid but the mage corps was very disappointing for me

Excellent bless granted me a very solid expansion but despite that I had low income for most of the game. Still, my rainbow otherwise useless mages found me quite a lot of sites. I mainly had ED gems tho, they aren't that good for TC.

Didnt recruit troops all game, maybe 30 national troops total. Relied on summons, a lot of terracota soldiers from my F9 coupled with sacreds, sacred summons and free spawn barbarians.

After a solid expansion I mainly nibbled on dying neighbors while leveraging my superb bless to avoid wars.

Did some diplo but only ingame to avoid being detected and ganged by hateful spiteful haters. shame on you guys for bullying me! Managed to stay anonymous until late game

I used my good site searching to get some globals, had Eternal Pyre for most of the game and also EBDW for some time until Atlantis stole it. Got Mother Oak and Gift of Health later on.

Must say it was definitely a suboptimal way of playing EA TC, it needs more gold and definitely using national troops. I was truly lost what to do once early game ended. Decided on golems and evo7/alt7 combo and then fast cons8 for artifacts into tartarians. Got 3 tarts per turn but game ended before I could use them.

>shame on you guys for bullying me! Managed to stay anonymous until late game
Literally who?

For a short summary of how the game played:

uw nations fought and Atlantis ate Therodos fast, no contest because Therodos had no bless, silly

Marverni and Mictlan took a massive bless. Mictlan fought all of its neighbors and died fast. Quadbless tends to do just that.

TNN ate Arco, Ur tried to eat Sauro but I intervened and helped him until he gave up. Then me and Helheim ate Ur and I grabbed my former ally land.

Forgot a pic.

After that Marverni invaded TNN, I was supposed to help remove elf but Caelum and Atlantis invaded me in turn. That was the biggest bump for me and I got hit really hard by birds. Still, he didnt press his advantage and ultimately I beat him.

Forgot to mention Ulm dying before to combined neighbor attack, we fought a bit but since I didnt want to prop Caelum I didnt press too hard.

Mid game powers were TNN, Caelum, Helheim, TC, Atlantis. Not a friendly position for a mere human nation, I was paranoid about getting elfed for like 23 of the game.

Not posting dominion because it doesnt really matter.

Army size was inflated by terracota, also got some hidden in sand and snow casts and a few troll tribes.

Late game was just me killing people with golems and summon armies, nothing stellar.

GG everyone!

For me is a problem of the interface.

the more mages to script, the more armies to micro, the more rituals to cast - the more- the more- the more- the more- the more- the more- the more

I don't think illfraud will step up. hopefully some autistic user can make the equivalent of dwarf therapist for this.

I'm playing MA Caelum and I have no clue on what im doing, The flying is nice but if you take those mammoths you cant fly anymore.

Any advise for a shitter that plays MA Caelum?

>TC
>mere human nation
Those wushu motherfuckers are not mere humans.