/mmog/ - MMO General

"what MMO to play?" ANKAMA edition:

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Online, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed) (embed)

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed) (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

edeneternal.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Eternal_Wiki
ee.vendettagn.com/
wakfu.com/en/forum/112-server-status/213247-info-deletion-inactive-accounts
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm about to download Dragon Nest (EU) all over again RIGHT NOW. Jesus Christ, please, someone talk me away from it. Anyone still playing on that server? Is the ULTRAinflation still going on? How are the updates?

DED

Post your current character to prove you play an MMO.

Alright, give me a few minutes, I'm on the middle of a match.

I wish I could play my secondary characters, but not being able to multiclient with them, kill it for me. Wish heroes mode was available on the AH.

we /wkg/ now

>now

Wish Dofus 3 was here already. I love Wakfu, but I need a new game too. The thing that bothers me is the fact that they are JUST working on how ranged classes will play. Such a long way to go.

Are MMOs dead because of mobage?

They've exhausted all the current genre.

Now we just hope for some VR miracles to save us. Which is probably never.

Browser games are dead because of MMOs.

DED

One of the several bad decisions Ankama did was making Heroes a different system outside of the premium package also i miss being able to buy ogrines just by playing like in Dofus.

Anyone here playing Wildstar? There was an event some days ago apparently to get a free lvl 50 character (that I missed unfortunately) but it made me want to try the game again

Anyone else having fun with Faeria? I was ready to ignore it, but after actually putting some time into it I've actually found it to be pretty great. My only gripe is that they're STILL clinging to RNG elements they really shouldn't be.

>playing a game that most likely close soon

It's because people say shit like this that people don't give it a chance desu

I just started this week.
I never paid for f2p games, but I am considering burning my shekels on this fucker.

I like how it is an actual original TCG and how it`s more deep mechanically. I tried HS and that clone on space and didn`t dig them.

It's because it's already dead. A few people from here will not make the game come back to life. They should have launched it better. I had hope for the game but they fucked up.

No really man, the game will definitely be dead by the end of the year I would wager vital parts of my body on it.

First they release saying that they're going to make large scale difficult content and be P2P.

Then they made all their content significantly easier with P2P

Then they had incredibly easy content and went F2P.

Now they're free to play, with easy content and free level 50 characters for everyone.

They're trying to make back as much money as possible before they kill the servers, and since we all know that giving level 50 characters is not going to save the game on its own we can tell that it's just a bandage at best. Don't waste your time.

So another user peaked my interest in Eden Eternal, anyone here played it before? I looked over it because I thought it was generic but I'm nosing through the wiki right now and the class\build variety seems pretty great. There are 6 races and like 20+ classes and each class has a generic passive and a race specific passive.

There's other stuff as well but just as far as character creation goes this is pretty neat. Will post some screenshots when I actually get in-game. If anyone else is curious, wiki here:

edeneternal.wikia.com/wiki/Eden_Eternal_Wiki

I thought it was console only. Downloading.

Forgot to say, go here, not official.

ee.vendettagn.com/

I'm not sure of the specifics but this is more populated than official and supposedly better in other ways.

Okay I guess.

>email verification not instant

Sometime when I play on private servers, and I use a not so popular email service, I never get the verification mail.

Welp. I'm adorable. Frogs were definitely the way to go. Hope there's some kind of costume setting or clothes transmog because some of those preview cosmetics were dumb as hell.

NOBODY play this game anymore and for a good fucking reason, the OMEGAinflation pretty much tells you that you will never ever be good enough on it. Is it so high, that some items cost as much as the gold cap your character can ever have, making it so that you will need separate accounts with max gold to ever trade.

This, and is a X-Legends game. You never EVER play X-Legends games, since they are a chinese company fully invested in p2w mechanics; couple it with the typical chinese grind, and you have a recipe for absolute disaster. Go away, don't go near it; don't even click a trailer. Is tainted beyond repair.

Oh, and man, don't waste your time on private servers. They'll die sooner or later, have giant bugs, not repaired enough, and giving everyone 100000% rate items is just not fun at all

I would rather play Scarlet Blade in there; at least I have the pretty tits bouncing all over my screen to keep me happy.

------------

You poor souls are really desperate, are ya?

I'll let you know how it goes, guys on here tend to be a little upset most of the time so I have to take what you say with a pinch of salt. You're welcome to join us if you change your mind.

Actually since you're a vet maybe you can help me out. How necessary are higher tiered jobs, Are they better in every way? I really like the look of Blade Dancer but Samurai doesn't seem to be related to it at all, are all the classes just individual and some have higher requirements?

>You poor souls are really desperate, are ya?

Well, I warned you. I expect negative Steam reviews with +3600h clocked in about a month or 2.

Every single X-Legends game plays the same. Aura Kingdom is literally Eden Eternal with better graphics. Twin Saga is THE SAME fucking game with better graphics, but oversimplified combat. The Diablo clone they developed is coming any second now and it have similar mechanics.

Yeah, as someone who's played MtG for close to 16 years, and a total fa/tg/uy, I gotta say they struck gold on it. I just hope they manage to keep things balanced.

but I'm too shy to post my character

If that's actually you user I'm jealous as fuck. First 4 years I prayed that they'd release it in the west, I watched it get engine overhauls, ports to pc, bridge an entire generation of consoles and still nothing. Now I know it's never coming and it sucks because it's the only MMO that even remotely looks decent to me.

Maybe one day someone will make a texthook and vpn program like PSO2 uses, that'd be neat.

I would rather see dragon's dogma online user.

The original game is more fun.

>character
>only 1
I'll give you 3.

Oh shit, I remember reading about this game. What was the name again?

I'll do you one better.

Think it was grandeo espada or something like that.

So what's new with RS3? I dropped it when GW2 came out.

A lot more than I want to spend the time to explain. If you really want to know you'd be better off visiting the runescape general. Most important change is that it went full p2w.

Granado Espada, pretty fun for a game that let's you go play or do something else while the game is running in the background, or alteast it used to be.

Isn't Granado Espada more of a toy collecting figurine game?

I'm just about done with revelation onlines time gating and p2w bullshit. How's Blade and Soul? Should I get into it? Or maybe just go straight into Wakfu instead? Help me /mmog/

Pretty much but I really like the idea of a Baroque fantasy mmo.

>next Vindi update is on the 22nd
welp, guess I'll go back to playing legolegends till then

You mean the update that doesn't actually add anything worthwhile?

Depends on if they're making rank 8/9 enchants unboomable.

Just play Wakfu user. Be sure to play on Remington and download the stand alone client, since Steam is wonky. If you get into it, let us know; some of us are always playing and like to help.

I'm not a furry though.

That wasn't me. Furfags don't bother me.
I'll try Wakfu then.

Do Wakfu have ship? I mean they have Sufokia and that steam robot from underwater. Sure they have ship right?

Yes

Oh, that's just some user doing the same reply. Wakfu have 18 classes, only 3 are furry (and one haven't even been released.)

What class did you pick?

Who Eden Eternal here?

I was but got bored and stopped playing.

>still no good MMOs

>there will never be a perfect MMO for you
Why even live.

at this point ill take anything that isnt half-assed and a blatant cashgrab

IMO FF14 is alright. I also play a bit of Black Desert.

Play Aura Kingdom like normal people.

Play Wakfu. You will never feel like you need to pay for anything.

that's half-assed though

I always find hilarious that they literally copypasted Dragon Nest's character selection intro.

The pinnacle of X-legend's work ethic.

You'll never feel that way 'till around lvl 90-100. That's when the content looks half done; good thing they have been working on the early quests. All the new content on next update is oriented to lvl 40-200, never stopping polishing.

Dungeon titles and rankings look hella boring to me, but some people are excited for it.

Today is the day.. today one of you will closers with me and become my waifu. Yes!

Sorry but I already have Closers waifu.

But you are no ones waifu, thus you are available.

Join me in Closers and become the perfect waifu!

Convince me not to play private server eden eternal.

How dead is it and how viable is the bard class?

How ded is WildStar?

Play AuraKingdom.to like normal person. We have active Veeky Forums guild there.

Surge of people after content drop. Ordinarily I'd say the concurrent population is comparable to that of a popular private WoW server.

It's pretty dead. Level 1-49 is dead. Same with 50-69. Right now there's 7 people online within my level range.

>Draw me like one your animay girl

It has half as many dungeons and classes though. Not to mention combat is far more basic.

We have lot of update in AK too. Level 90s, more classes and more sexsla- I mean Eidolons.

>AK
>more classes
lol

D-don't bully! I'm s-sure X-legend will put more class soon.

More than 63 classes? I don't think so.

I am, if you mean on the private server. I got to level 7 and had to log. At work at the moment but I'm up for playing later if you're still around. I want to explore some of the 3-man dungeons and see what they're like.

>63 classes
Don't lie, user-kun. EE only have 20 only.

20 classes, but you can awaken those classes to something else and all classes have 2 options.
That's already 60 classes. Plus the Mimic so 61.

>My shitty game is better than your shitty game

Sound like Lineage2.

Have a good day.

There we go. My Warden in front of Minas Tirith.

New mabi update is such a mess , now we have Unscheduled Maintenance, holy shit

Hopefully they remove these useless new skills.

They are decent , when you are 40k total lv

I want to enslave an Elf.

We dead?

Just a heads up to anyone that has an old Wakfu account.
wakfu.com/en/forum/112-server-status/213247-info-deletion-inactive-accounts