Christian Thought

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.

Gospel of Thomas

Everything comes from God, and so do we and we have great being within us to make great effect.

& Humanities was a mistake.

The Gospel of Thomas was rejected by the Christian Church

Gospel of Thomas is a Christian doctrine centered around the aphorisms of Christ.

It's not considered a reliable record of such by the Christian Church. There are no doubt saying in it which Jesus said, but a lot of them are probably made up.

*there is no doubt there are sayings in it

It is reliable to many Christians. Church consensus is not always the best consensus.

Assuming you're OP, the verse you posted is actually at odds with the Gospel understanding of salvation because it implies that we can save ourselves without Christ by simply "bringing forth what is within us."

That is one way to look at it. Christ tells us to bring forth what is within us because we are from God we all have the power within us. Christ saves us with our cooperation and we work together.

>It is reliable to many Christians
Christ's words aren't relative, he either spoke something, or not. The Spirit of Truth guides the Church in knowing.

Everything Christ says has more than one meaning, and everything means something else to everyone. The Spirit of Truth guides the believer first.

>Everything Christ says
The issue is whether or not he even said it

Considering its date is not too far away from the canonical Gospels, and words do not contradict on what the apostles teach about Him, it is safe to say Christ says all of these sayings.

>Gospel of Thomas
Heretic

The only thing that makes it seem heretical is that the churches don't agree with it, but the true church isn't a denomination it is every living soul that serves Christ and God. This book does everything to raise Christ's teachings and is not contradictory to what Christ teaches in the Gospel. The church is not Christ, what Christ teaches is more important

That's a non sequitur

It is truly another Gospel.

Because it was written early? How does that automatically make it a true account?

The only one who wrote Thomas is the Father of all Lies. It is a wicked false gospel.

It has an early written date. All of the Gospels are said to be written from 30 to 50 years after Christ dies.

>Assigning a date to the Gospel of Thomas is very complex because it is difficult to know precisely to what a date is being assigned. Scholars have proposed a date as early as 40 AD or as late as 140 AD, depending upon whether the Gospel of Thomas is identified with the original core of sayings, or with the author's published text, or with the Greek or Coptic texts, or with parallels in other literature

God doesn't exist.

>60 yrs after last gospel
>not too far away

"THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH" —VIDELICET: CATHOLICISM, AND GREEK ORTHODOXY, BESIDE ALL THEIR DERIVATIVES LIKE LUTHERANISM, PROTESTANTISM, ETCETERA— IS A JUDEOCHRISTIAN ORGANISM DEVOTED TO RITUALISM, FINANCE, AND POLITICS, NOT A CHRISTIAN ORGANISM DEVOTED TO GNOSIS, AND COMMUNION.

IF A TEXT IS BANNED, OR REJECTED, BY JUDEOCHRISTIANITY, THAT TEXT IS TRUTHFUL.

What is in the Gospel that makes you believe that it is written by the "father of lies"? What content bothers you that much? What quotes does Christ say in there that make it "wicked and false"?

It is written by a disciple of Christ, teaching the truths of eternal life and teachings of our Lord and our Saviour. It is subject to the same divine inspiration that is given to the who wrote canonical Gospels

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accurst!
Galatians 1:8

>muh joos

>It has an early written date.
So?

>All of the Gospels are said
Because Christ predicts the Destruction of the Temple, so they're assumed written after that

it's Gnostic. Gnosticism is damnable heresy.

You ignorant pathetic idiot...

God does exist.

It has a very wide date span. Very close to all the Gospels, even in its latest supposed date 140, which is 60 years while the earliest date (c40s) is closer to Christ's death (c30) than Paul's Epistles (c50)

The church teaches a different Gospel than God teaches. Everyone throws out this quote to reinforce ear pre-existing denomination, rather than uncover what it means

Destruction of the Temple = 70 A.D.
Death of Paul = 67 A.D.
1 Timothy 5:18 is a reference to Luke 10:7

The Church is administrated by the Spirit of Truth.

It is "said" to be, just like Christ is said to be a heretic. Do you believe it because all the religious "authorities" say so? They all said "Christ is a heretic", so why believe the modern day of Pharisees?

It means you're a dirty heretic sent by Satan to damn souls.

I believe the word of God

More likely a reference to 1 Corinthians 9:9

You could also say the church is administrated by the spirit of concealing information about our Lord and Saviour.

The second part about workers is a reference to Luke 10:7

Paul didn't write Galatians to mean for it to insult someone 2000 years later on the internet.

So do Gnostics

>Paul didn't write Galatians to mean for it to insult someone 2000 years later on the internet.
2 Timothy 3:16
>So do Gnostics
No Gnostics hate the word of God and worship Lucifer

I'm saving myself by bringing forth my homicide and arson urges?

Gospel of Thomas is breathed out by God.

Gnostic Christians love the Word of God. Gnostics could very well be Luciferian, and Gnostics could be Christian, it is up to each person to choose their own religious beliefs.

Or 1 Corinthians 9:6

OR instead, construct your energy towards something else. That's like a kid cutting himself "bring forth what's within me" but rather take that urge to cut themself and really use the energy towards something else.

>Gospel of Thomas is breathed out by God.
REPENT HERETIC
>Gnostic Christians love the Word of God.
Then they would cease to be Gnostic
>Gnostics could very well be Luciferian
Redundant
>Gnostics could be Christian
Oxymoronic
>it is up to each person to choose their own religious beliefs.
There is only one true faith

It doesn't say the same thing.

Scripture is breathed out by God. Every culture believes this about Scripture. To love the Word of GOD doesn't make you cease to be Gnostic, Gnostic is just a word for "knowledge", knowledge in regards to religion.

Gnostics could use information for good or bad.

>"knowledge"
No, that word is Gnosis. Please so much as google it heretic

But, I mean, that's what's within me.

I have a stable job, I'm working part-time on a bachelor's degree, I have a healthy social life. I usually do direct that energy to other things. That said, though, I've never experienced the same level of satisfaction as when I act on those desires. My brief forays into subterfuge and crime have brought me closer to what I assume people are referring to when they talk about happiness, than any other endeavor in my life.

It is mysticism of Christianity and the belief that Christ is a mystic teaching us that we are not seperate from God. It also compares Christ's teachings to other religions and how they are not different, and teaches to loom withing rather than depend on the "churches" which so easily condemned "heretics" while being the living God heresy warned about in the Bible

Look within*

I'm sorry you've been tricked by a false gospel

If you are sorry, then stop preaching it.

>heretic
>heresy
>herp
>derp

Notice how nobody you're arguing with is ending their sentences with "hylic".

You're not Torquemada. Stop roleplaying.

It isn't just "don't trust the churches" no Gnostic book really says it in this way. However, we are warned in canonical Gospels and gnostic texts, about false teachers who have religious authority.

You could be a Gnostic and attend Mass in a Protestant church. It isn't "this is every single belief Gnostic believes" because every label of religion does not include the variety of individual beliefs and opinions.

Amen.
Some stuff that comes on here that's humanities is interesting, but at least half of it is bad.

>You could be a Gnostic and attend Mass in a Protestant church.
Heretics stay out
reeeeeee

He's sorry FOR you being tricked, not for telling you you're wrong.

Ok, so I don't know/study gnosticism, but you can't have Protestant and Mass in the same place. Mass is purely Catholic. Just because a bunch of Protestants meet up and do something similar doesn't mean it's the same thing. Especially considering the Protestants version looks less occultic, usually.

>Mass is purely Catholic

Wrong. Anglicans and Lutherans have Mass.

You can be Gnostic and attend Orthodox church. It understands that the label "Gnostic" does not define the religion but rather says they understand religion that the church does not actively give to those who go to church. It shows an interest in topics like when we say Christ, we all have so many different teachings to talk about that Christ teaches.

He is not actually sorry and has not done anything to be sorry. It is sarcasm.

Any type of Christian will attend Mass.